Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I've owned both. Both great choices.

Monster Bash is gorgeous. They did a great job on the remake. If you have a large collection and play occasionally, maybe it has some lasting power. I feel like a mediocre player can see everything it does within a week of heavy play. I had a ton of fun with it, but it didn't last long. Same problem I had with MMR.

Dialed In is amazing. It gets crap for being a stupid theme, but I disagree. Nearly every WPC/ System 11 game had a stupid theme by today's standards. DI is a beefed up WPC style game. I played Mousin' Around for at least an hour today. What would happen if they released that title today? I think I've had DI for a couple years now. I've reached Armageddon a few times, still haven't gotten all of the Dialed In letters. It does seem doable. I don't play as much as I used to. It has some lasting power.

Both are great games. I'd be happy if I could play MB for a few hours a year. DI is a keeper. If I could own 30 games they would both be here.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So why do we pay attention to the top 100 when a 20 something ranked game is constantly being said that it is better than a number 2 rank in this thread? Rhetorical question of course, just interesting to see.

I suspect this will change as the games are more available now. For years seeing a MM or MB in the wild was an event. I played MM on location in college in the 90's, and only a handful of other times. I bet I only played a dozen games of Monster Bash before I bought one. Both games were a fortune even in beat condition. The rarity and value of the games probably bumped the rating a little. Don't get me wrong, these are great games, just not nearly as deep as modern games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 210.00
$ 12.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-vs-dialed-in-le?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.