Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi All. Just sold an older pinball (Roller Disco), so have room for a newer machine. Have narrowed choice down to either MB LE or DI LE. Most of my decision will be based on which game has the better 'feel' and appeals to me just a little bit more, but I welcome any thoughts on deciding between these two nice machines!

#2 3 years ago

You already have a Munsters which is a spooky-themed fan layout, so Dialed In wins by a long shot to get some variety going. It also wins in my own collection, where it’s in one of my longest standing slots.

Personally I’d dump Munsters and get both... but skip NIB... hold out for a deal on either within driving range, they come up fairly frequently.

#3 3 years ago

I have both. Tough to pick. I agree with above, dump Munsters and get both. Win-Win

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You already have a Munsters which is a spooky-themed fan layout, so Dialed In wins by a long shot to get some variety going. It also wins in my own collection, where it’s in one of my longest standing slots.
Personally I’d dump Munsters and get both... but skip NIB... hold out for a deal on either within driving range, they come up fairly frequently.

Agreed replace Munsters with MB

#5 3 years ago

Dialed In LE
100%

People shit on the theme constantly, but it's a fantastic game. Deep ruleset. Many modes/missions. Amazing lightshow. It's a blast. Plus it's a Lawlor!

#6 3 years ago

MB LE is a cool game for sure... but I think it would get old fast in a small collection. Dialed In is truly a masterpiece, despite the weak theme. For me this decision would be a no-brainer, especially if you are keeping the Munsters anyway.

#7 3 years ago

Not even close...DILE.

#8 3 years ago

Dialed In destroys MB. It's not really a close one either.

#9 3 years ago

MB is the best choice. The next best option is to sell Munsters and get both, as a few have pointed out.

#10 3 years ago

Coming from a guy that is looking for his next pin, and wanting Monster Bash and owning Diled In.... I gotta say DI. MB is awesome, but not half as deep as DI, and DI isnt even all that deep.

#12 3 years ago

Munsters sucks. I’d Might trade Firepower 1 for it +$100.

#13 3 years ago

DI is a great game with the latest technology selfie camera, LCD display, color changing inserts, great shots layout and great rules.

#14 3 years ago

I LOVE MB (I’ve owned/still own both original and remakes) but the better pin is DI. I’m looking forward to picking up a nice gently used HUO in the next 6 months or so.

#15 3 years ago

Based on your collection, I would do dialed in. Newer and deeper game. ,If you want stupid fun, then mb. There is a reason it's #2 all time on pinside

#16 3 years ago

I own both, DI way better.

#17 3 years ago

I've owned both. Both great choices.

Monster Bash is gorgeous. They did a great job on the remake. If you have a large collection and play occasionally, maybe it has some lasting power. I feel like a mediocre player can see everything it does within a week of heavy play. I had a ton of fun with it, but it didn't last long. Same problem I had with MMR.

Dialed In is amazing. It gets crap for being a stupid theme, but I disagree. Nearly every WPC/ System 11 game had a stupid theme by today's standards. DI is a beefed up WPC style game. I played Mousin' Around for at least an hour today. What would happen if they released that title today? I think I've had DI for a couple years now. I've reached Armageddon a few times, still haven't gotten all of the Dialed In letters. It does seem doable. I don't play as much as I used to. It has some lasting power.

Both are great games. I'd be happy if I could play MB for a few hours a year. DI is a keeper. If I could own 30 games they would both be here.

#18 3 years ago

So why do we pay attention to the top 100 when a 20 something ranked game is constantly being said that it is better than a number 2 rank in this thread? Rhetorical question of course, just interesting to see.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So why do we pay attention to the top 100 when a 20 something ranked game is constantly being said that it is better than a number 2 rank in this thread? Rhetorical question of course, just interesting to see.

Excellent point! I asked myself that same question a while back, finally decided to use the top 30 as a starting point (while not ruling any game out, unless due to personal opinion), and then play what I could when I could, and determine what appealed to me.

#20 3 years ago

I have a small collection and owned both of these machines. I believe DI is the better choice for pretty much all the reasons others have mentioned above.

I kept DI for a little over a year. I was done with MB in less than 6 months. The previous owner was done with it in 3 months. MBrLE is a beautiful game but it is very repetitive and shallow. It would be fine in a large collection, but for a small collection DI will keep you interested longer.

That being said, I have no desire to bring either one back.

#21 3 years ago

DI , has more stuff going for it.

#22 3 years ago

For ALL the reasons above, dialed in. Monster Bash is beautiful but not as deep.

#23 3 years ago

I have both...monster bash is fun, funny, and really pretty, but as others have said, it has staying power only in a larger collection. If you’ve only got 1 game, DI would give you more to see and more variety. Both are good games, though...nice ones to narrow down your search to.

#24 3 years ago

Thank you to all who posted. Am going with my gut choice of Dialed In LE, picking it up tomorrow (one owner, has about 30 plays on it!). Can't wait!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Thank you to all who posted. Am going with my gut choice of Dialed In LE, picking it up tomorrow (one owner, has about 30 plays on it!). Can't wait!

Good choice. Congrats!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I suspect this will change as the games are more available now. For years seeing a MM or MB in the wild was an event. I played MM on location in college in the 90's, and only a handful of other times. I bet I only played a dozen games of Monster Bash before I bought one. Both games were a fortune even in beat condition. The rarity and value of the games probably bumped the rating a little. Don't get me wrong, these are great games, just not nearly as deep as modern games.

#27 3 years ago

Congrats dude. Great choice. I've been wanting a MBLE or MBSE for years and am finally close to getting one. But that's because I'm a shitty player so Im looking forward to an "easier" table. I also love DI and will own one too one day. Just waiting it out for the used prices to drop a little more.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Good question. Clearly some guys prefer DI, but the long-standing #2 ranking for MB is representative of the majority opinion.

P.s. I agre. with those saying you can see evething MB has to offer in the first week of ownership, but I disagree with that being a bad thing. Hell, I can see everything 80s pins have to offer in the first 5-10 minutes and guess what? It doesn't diminish them at all. They are still extremely fun and highly replayable. There's some new-ish logic floating around that deeper = better, but it's bogus. Many (not all) deep pins are a friggin snooze. Deep or no, more fun = better.

#29 3 years ago

I own both and dialed in for me

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good question. Clearly some guys prefer DI, but the long-standing #2 ranking for MB is representative of the majority opinion.

I politely disagree. I think we think some pins are "top 5" because that's what we've been told for years despite it actually being true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-vs-dialed-in-le?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.