MonsterBash-1168 (resized).jpg
20190611_160149 (resized).jpg
533529AA-42A8-43DD-BF74-D98217C4537F (resized).jpeg
284BB3CA-0370-4094-B01A-FE83EBC3F88A (resized).jpeg
AA499403-9C24-4927-895F-BE8E49889768 (resized).jpeg
MB 4 (resized).jpg
MB 2 (resized).jpg
MB 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago

I got mine last Monday. It was built on 4/9. I can tell you this, it doesn't have any of the issues that were reported with earlier ones. It was numbered 1222. I say that because I imagine other than the 'matching' machines, they are coming off the line in numerical order. This means they ahve to be very close to done with the LE run if not already done.

It was well worth the wait.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's really too bad they can't get it together. I feel like I would be a prime candidate for future remake purchases but I don't have the confidence in them to deliver in a reasonable time frame. I was in on MBrLE but canceled after I had waited the quoted time frame. I'm sure I'd still be waiting now if I hadn't canceled. Why not just wait longer to announce and be sure they can meet dates before taking orders? They would eliminate so much frustration.

I don't understand this mentality. There's nothing saying you have to pre-order anything. Most of the pinball hype train is fake FOMO. It is especially bad on this website. Much of the frustration is brought on by the customers themselves. To state what you just stated really just shows how big of a problem it is, because it has zero impact on anyone except impatient impulse buyers. CGC has been upfront and transparent about their issues. I guess I consider a pre-order exactly what it is, a pre-order. There is no guarantee you will get an item by X date. You get it when you get it as most 'new' products are delayed for multiple reasons. The reality is there are still LE's unspoken for out there.

What COULD use improvement is the middle man dealership steps and how money/pre-orders are handled. I don't personally have any complaints about the one I went through, but that could have easily went the other way had they asked for payment earlier.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I could rant about my experience but it really comes down to the fact that I was expecting it by a certain date, that date came and went with no promise of it coming any time soon, and I decided to get a different game instead. I could have waited, but there was the opportunity cost of not having a game to play this entire time. I got another game, much cheaper actually, that I probably enjoy just as much. Doesn't matter how great a game is if you can't play it. Time has value, and it wasnt worth the wait to me.

I completely understand and agree with that. You can always pick one up later (now) or used. The whole 'writing them off' though seems a bit overboard.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you order a pizza and it comes three hours late, are you mad or are you happy that the pizza was there when you were extra hungry?

Not even remotely comparable.

#61 4 years ago

Or you know..don't preorder? Then there's nothing to complain about...it's the same regardless if it's a video game, car, blah blah blah. There are ALWAYS delays and people complain. Unless you are kickstarting something, there is usually zero reason to preorder these days. Now, if they were only making 100 of something you wanted, sure, I get it, but that's hardly the case here.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

So you say there is no reason to pre-order. Now I know. For those who are making their first purchase, I expect better communication. I disagree with you that they have communicated and have been transparent. I got Ryan on the phone this week and he told me nothing new. No, we should not expect this because as a customer MOST organizations and verticals have figured out that customers are ok waiting or being told bad news as long as they are fed something and it is true. Your answer applies when buying cars 30 years ago. I don't expect an exact date but I have been told at least 6 times in the past 8 months that it would "be this month." It hasn't. There's no reason for this. They could have said they were experiencing problems and they were at least 3 or 6 months out thereby setting better expectations. It is on the vendor to do this. The distributor, like us, is at their mercy. I have no problems waiting. I have a problem with the lack of communication. And no matter what you say, a business where you are charging $8k for a game should want to keep someone like me happy so I continue to buy. Also, when you as a customer are reaching out to your business, you should respond. They have not - I left a voice mail and got nothing. I had to track him down.

There were updates/explanations in the main MBr thread from CGC, but I would expect lots of people didn't read or follow that thread. Even my distro sent out an email explaining there were technical issues delaying things. That is the entire point of the distros. THEY communicate to the customers, not CGC. It makes less people calling them directly to say the same thing.

I get that people are anxious, but again, it's a pre-order. You bugging them every month isn't going to speed things up or make things better. I'm going to assume you've never pre-ordered anything before because this is how it has always been and continues to be. Today people are just impatient and used to people twitting/fb posting every 5 seconds rather than doing their actual jobs.

Either way, just hang in there. You'll get it.

#68 4 years ago

CGC is a much smaller company and newer company (for making pins) than Stern. Also, their issues/delays (at least for MB) have been QA issues related to changing their actual process. I give them a pass because they do have quality (from what I've seen). Could they have handled things a bit better? Sure..every company could, but I have no complaints as of yet.

There's a larger reason teh AFMrLE's didn't sell as fast, and it has less to do with 'time to get them' than the other factors. Mainly the sudden uptick in available NiB options.

1 month later
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I'm getting seriously concerned that I'm going to end up not getting one built for me. And then I will be pissed.

You'll be fine, they haven't sold out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-still-waiting?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.