MonsterBash-1168 (resized).jpg
20190611_160149 (resized).jpg
533529AA-42A8-43DD-BF74-D98217C4537F (resized).jpeg
284BB3CA-0370-4094-B01A-FE83EBC3F88A (resized).jpeg
AA499403-9C24-4927-895F-BE8E49889768 (resized).jpeg
MB 4 (resized).jpg
MB 2 (resized).jpg
MB 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ravenfan1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up? I put a deposit down in December, was told that it should be shipping in late January and still no sign. I've been told "it should be this month" for the last two months...starting to think I should get The Munsters or wait for something else. Is this normal as this is my first NIB purchase? Very disappointing experience. You want to spend $8k and they can't get the product out the door. I feel like I'm buying a Tesla...

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am in the same boat... I am still waiting for 3 Monster Bash LE Remakes as well for my customers that I am going to add more custom work on... Sometimes buying machines (from a good company) can be a waiting game, but in the end it's worth it.
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

Good to hear that it's just not mine. All the reviews look great so I continue to hope it will be a great machine. Thanks for the input. Just a frustrating experience. It would be nice if they learned how to communicate a bit better - the waiting game would be easier to bear.

#8 5 years ago

It’s my understanding that yes, on the LE’s they had play field issues because of the cold weather this winter. I get they want to make it right but again, just a long frustrating wait. Nothing to do but wait some more although I’ve been thinking of just buying a used one as they are already showing up. I plan on waiting until the end of April and then making a decision. I’ve called them directly too but the people answering the phones are quite useless and uninterested in helping.

#15 5 years ago

I'm just curious as to whether this is always the case? I've never bought new before and as I mentioned, was told that it would be Dec/Jan. I get that my dealer is the middleman and has no control. My real surprise and disappointment is that the manufacturer communicates nothing. I know pinballs are selling well again but I could have bought something else brand new and had six months of play on it by now. Definitely a head-scratcher and I've learned my lesson - if I'm interested in something and they're only making a few hundred versus 1200, I'd do it again. But if production levels are going to be high, I'll buy on the after market and save a few $$'s.

Sorry to hear that so many others are in the same boat. I will say, despite it all, I am looking forward to having fun on a new machine.

#27 5 years ago

I appreciate the insight as I've never purchased NIB. I think WAWA is right - the manufacturers could really improve interest if they shared where they were in production, what it takes, etc. If you go to Nashville, you can walk through the guitar factory and you see that some stages take longer, where issues can arise, etc. It would be great if they assigned us our number for the machine and we could "check in" to see where it was in the process or hear about issues that may slow it down. Pinballs are a bit different I know but it's 2019 and passing along more information versus less is what most vendors/manufacturers are trying to do.

I also agree, I've waited this long. I just want to make sure I'm around to enjoy it!!

#30 5 years ago

I'm with you. I put a call into Chicago Gaming today. Let's see if they respond. I talked to my distributor over the weekend - he said we should get them by June or July as they are moving on to their next machine... I do get Woody's (next thread) comment that this is pinball, but they should be able to communicate better - especially if they want me to buy more.

#31 5 years ago

Update for anyone who has ordered - I just got off the phone with Chicago Gaming. They need to have Medieval out on July 4th, sooooo, they want all MB's out by then. So one way or another, we should have our machines before July. Not the best answer but at least we have an idea of when the latest time will be.

#44 5 years ago

I hear only positives about the game and am definitely looking forward to it. I've embraced the "I've waited this long so what's another few months?" approach. HOWEVER, it just seems to me that even in this industry, they could do a better job of communicating and even building the machines. After I talked to them yesterday, I realized how much "nothing" they told me. They wouldn't tell me where my distributor was in line (how does that hurt or impact them as I'm committed to buying through them) and most importantly, they gave me no clue as to when more LE's are scheduled to be built. The only "news" was/is that they need to be done by July 4th.

There has to be a better way. Some of you say basically to suck it up and wait - which apparently we currently have no choice but to do - but I suggest that if they want us to shell out $5 - 10k on a regular basis, they would do better if they treated us better. I just don't get the attitude from them that it is what it is.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I paid my non refundable deposit for an LE day one. Given I’m in Oz, we’re at the back of the queue. Including the extra 5 weeks of shipping, I have no doubt all remaining US LE’s will be in their owners hot little hands long before we get sight of ours.
That said, I’m content in knowing CGC are doing their best to produce the best possible product for me and will happily wait the time needed.
No one can honestly say they believe CGC are sitting on their hands and purposely delaying the process. They want to finish them off to avoid further delays on their next release.
No doubt more transparency would keep the hoardes happier, but it won’t keep my pin to me any quicker.

Yes, that is one other thing they mentioned, domestic deliveries are being slated first...sorry.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Or you know..don't preorder? Then there's nothing to complain about...it's the same regardless if it's a video game, car, blah blah blah. There are ALWAYS delays and people complain. Unless you are kickstarting something, there is usually zero reason to preorder these days. Now, if they were only making 100 of something you wanted, sure, I get it, but that's hardly the case here.

So you say there is no reason to pre-order. Now I know. For those who are making their first purchase, I expect better communication. I disagree with you that they have communicated and have been transparent. I got Ryan on the phone this week and he told me nothing new. No, we should not expect this because as a customer MOST organizations and verticals have figured out that customers are ok waiting or being told bad news as long as they are fed something and it is true. Your answer applies when buying cars 30 years ago. I don't expect an exact date but I have been told at least 6 times in the past 8 months that it would "be this month." It hasn't. There's no reason for this. They could have said they were experiencing problems and they were at least 3 or 6 months out thereby setting better expectations. It is on the vendor to do this. The distributor, like us, is at their mercy. I have no problems waiting. I have a problem with the lack of communication. And no matter what you say, a business where you are charging $8k for a game should want to keep someone like me happy so I continue to buy. Also, when you as a customer are reaching out to your business, you should respond. They have not - I left a voice mail and got nothing. I had to track him down.

2 weeks later
#81 4 years ago
Quoted from FUNWIZ:

Well, another 2+ weeks have passed by, and still waiting. Operator told me my game was shipping from CGC after I last posted, which was the first I've been told that, and never heard anything about it again. After texting every day for a week, got "sorry, the shipping company lost the game". Friday comes and goes with nothing new, was told he would call Monday to find it. This week he hasn't responded to my calls. Looks like another week will go by hearing SOS. It's getting old.
Finally called CGC about the situation, and he said he would gladly look into it. Hopefully he will get back with me later this week. He said only the best parts are being used on the last cabinets, and rejects are slowing down the process of getting the last ones finished. That more are coming available soon made me feel a little better. The wait continues....

I just heard from my distributor - I'm hoping that mine ships next week. I will keep everyone posted. It does sound like there will still be quite a wait for many who are on the wait list...

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I'm a mid-October purchaser and still waiting..........

Ouch. You're worse off than me. I purchased in December. I keep clinging to the hope that the game is as good as everyone says...

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This title was absolutely amazing for 1998, right on the heals of AFM, MM, when we were all playing mode based and trying to get to the “end” instead of trying to stack thirty seven features and 4 multipliers to get the high score. We were way less focused on score back then and were more fixated on getting to the wizard modes because that would almost always push you past free game territory. The main goal was beat the machine, get a free game, and if you kicked you friends ass while doing it, so much better the taste of victory. We cheered each other on to get that free game, even if it meant they would beat your score. All of us looked at the machine as the enemy, and our friends were always the collateral damage as you climbed the ladder to the top of the rule set, going for MOR, or Bash, taking as many monster modes into it as possible, or if nothing else was working, stack some monsters and start Frank multiball... fun fun fun and lots of frustration.
Do not try and compare it to any current deep rule title, you will be disappinted, but if you like AFM, MM, CC, or any of the B/W 90’s titles, then this is an awesome recreation of that magic, and the LE and the SE bring so much more than the OG MB had to offer. In the display and the new dots, and the topper on the LE is fantastic in it’s light show. I and the wife are enjoying the hell out of ours.

Good to hear - that's what I'm hoping for. I'm looking for something that is fun to play and a bit easier than what I have so that my daughter can play and enjoy. Thanks for the input.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Glad to see I'm not the only one still waiting. Wonder how many of the LE's have actually been built at this point.

I was told this week they are doing about 5 a day and want to be done by end of July...of course, I was told a few weeks ago they wanted to be done by July 4th so who knows? Supposedly mine is shipping next week.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Monster Bash LE: October deposit day that Chicago Gaming announced next Remake will be MB. Paid in Full February 8 and waiting................
The Munsters LE: January Deposit paid on Munsters LE. Paid in Full for Munsters on February 21. Munster LE delivered on March 10.
I finally had my MBrLE delivered yesterday, Sunday. May 13, by OC Pinballs in SoCal. Shout out to Evan and Michael for a Five Star job delivering and setting it up and hanging out to make sure everything was working properly. It was so nice to not have to deal with unreliable and careless shippers or to miss a day(s) of work. Been there, done that on my first pin, never again. After playing a dozen games on it, I can confidently say it was well worth the wait. Just too bad the people at Chicago Gaming do not see the importance of communication with their customers/distributors when they encounter problems that contribute to 1 to 6 month delays. It's not like we are going to storm their plant with torches, rakes and lawn aerators in hand, if they post that they're waiting for components from their suppliers of only the highest quality for a Limited Edition. I think British historian, Northcote Parkinson, summed it up best when he wrote; "The void created by the failure to communicate is soon filled with poison, drivel and misrepresentation."
I only hope that my fellow pinsiders still waiting for their MBrLE's; receive them very soon and are as happy with their games as I am with mine.
[quoted image]

My distributor pinged me this weekend. Mine is shipping today. Hope to have it up and running by next week. Looking forward to posting pictures. It continues to sound as if it will be worth the wait.

#126 4 years ago

OK everyone, mine is due for delivery this Friday. I will keep you posted after it is up and running to share whether or not it was worth the wait - I'm still betting it was...

Thanks for everyone who posted. I started this forum as this is my first NIB purchase. My day job is as a CIO and I'm used to things being a bit more organized with my vendors. Now that I know the process, I will be better prepared when purchasing a new announced product. I still think they could do more in regards to communication but again, now I know what can happen. I appreciate all of the input and comments.

Will share pictures and thoughts soon. Monster Bash (Limited Edition) !!!

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Mine is scheduled to come today. Hopefully no issues.

Excellent. I get mine tomorrow.

#139 4 years ago

OK everyone, MB is in the house!! #540 has made its way to me. Nothing like a NIB. Great game. Tons of visuals, moving parts and fun gameplay. Of course, now that I have it, it's easy to say it was worth the wait...but, it is a great game. Looking forward to playing this for a long time. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

MB 1 (resized).jpgMB 1 (resized).jpgMB 2 (resized).jpgMB 2 (resized).jpgMB 3 (resized).jpgMB 3 (resized).jpgMB 4 (resized).jpgMB 4 (resized).jpg
#141 4 years ago
Quoted from wawa777:

Congrats!
Still waiting and no news.

Bummer. It will be worth it. Everyone is enjoying playing mine. Great game.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Delivery is scheduled for me tomorrow afternoon! I can't believe i'm finally getting my machine after this l-o-n-g wait!!!!

Enjoy. Everyone who has visited has enjoyed it so far. You won't be disappointed.

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

New thread title MBr- ordered (date), arrived (date)

Good point - who will have the longest wait??

1 week later
#164 4 years ago

Of course, the question for all of us that have received ours is...what's next??

#170 4 years ago

Glad to see that they are starting to arrive for everyone - including those waiting in Australia...

I'm now getting my mods (only a few - flippers, Frank's table, target decals).

I don't think I'll be getting anything else for a bit of time unless I get rid of something first otherwise I'll be getting a new wife!

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Don’t say that

When I worked at Fruit of the Loom we actually did lose a container at sea...no black t-shirts at Wal-Mart for a few months!! I hope that's not the case for you!!

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not all Australian Games are built yet
Only 1 container shipped so far a 40ft
Still another Container to come, they need to share games around for all who have been waiting
Just been advised July 7th Arrival via Singapore

Enjoy your game in Melbourne. I didn't get there when I went to Australia but I did get married on a yacht in Sydney Harbor...beautiful place...

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If it is BBBr, then I am in for the NIB BBBrLE experience, because other than the wait, my MBrLE is awesome, no complaints. It dimples a bit, but I have been playing it a f-ton... RTU is a harder accomplishment than MOR, and AFM will always be one of my favorite 90’s machines, but MB holds a special place in my nostalgia too. In my mind, you can’t go wrong with any CGC made machine, and if they do BBBrLE for $8300 delivered, just take my money now.

Sorry guys - I'm a bit dumb with the abbreviations - what is the BBBr? Thanks.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Big Bang Bar remake

Thanks! That's what I thought. I didn't realize it was that great of a machine. Good to know.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As titles go, BBB is a campy sci-fi send-up of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’s “Restaurant at the End of the Universe”, set in a cosmic bar, complete with nude tube dancer, ball sucking alien locks, decent flow, great DMD animations, and the campy callouts... if Capcom only knew this title had the possibility to compete on the B/W scale and could possibly have set them up to take over pinball instead of Stern, they might have actually built it. As it was, a lot of people liked Capcom games, and Pinball Magic comes to mind. I love playing BBB, it is campy fun. Don’t know about longevity in a collection, other than usually, once someone is able to get one, they tend to not let them go.

Good stuff. Good luck getting one.

1 week later
#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Word on the street now is the Australian first container is coming on the 7th July with the second coming in August.
My LE is on the second container so I’ll be lurking in this thread for a while longer!

The good news is - it's worth the wait. I've enjoyed my game thoroughly since getting it.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

2nd container loading and will be here late July

Hopefully you and mjannusch are off the list soon! I keep checking this thread to see when it will die off...Good luck guys!

1 week later
#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Open a ticket with CGC. You will hear from LTG pretty fast I'm sure.

Yes, and let us know how it goes. That's a bummer. Hopefully just a loose connection...

1 week later
#239 4 years ago

Glad everyone is getting theirs. This is the most played game in my collection. Seems like we all made a good choice.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Game 450 delivered last night. Marshall here in Tampa was awesome for doing late night delivery!!!
I've had 1 HUO MB and a 2 restored ones over the years. No comparison to this game..It is unreal!!!!
CGC did a crazy good job on this game!!![quoted image]

Excellent. I agree. I never had a NIB and while that makes a difference, this is clearly a great machine. Enjoy!!

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

New thread title MBr- ordered (date), arrived (date)

Can you change the thread title? I was just going back through this and noticed your comments. It would be interesting to see what the average wait is for the various manufacturers...

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It has been a long and frustrating wait. Glad to be out of this club. Or machine arrived last night at Midnight... Finally!

Enjoy. As many of us has said, they did a great job on this one.

1 month later
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

We have gone with Great American Pinball. Little better price, two year warranty, new in box (last one it sounds like), shipping included in that little better price, takes check to avoid fees (better price).
We are so excited. This Monster Bash remake LE just stands out above the rest.
SDTM YouTube videos contributed to wanting this machine.

I ordered mine through GAP as well. They did a great job getting it to me, price, etc. No issues at all.

4 months later
#255 4 years ago

I got mine through GAP too. Great guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ravenfan1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-still-waiting?tu=ravenfan1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.