MonsterBash-1168 (resized).jpg
20190611_160149 (resized).jpg
533529AA-42A8-43DD-BF74-D98217C4537F (resized).jpeg
284BB3CA-0370-4094-B01A-FE83EBC3F88A (resized).jpeg
AA499403-9C24-4927-895F-BE8E49889768 (resized).jpeg
MB 4 (resized).jpg
MB 2 (resized).jpg
MB 3 (resized).jpg
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up? I put a deposit down in December, was told that it should be shipping in late January and still no sign. I've been told "it should be this month" for the last two months...starting to think I should get The Munsters or wait for something else. Is this normal as this is my first NIB purchase? Very disappointing experience. You want to spend $8k and they can't get the product out the door. I feel like I'm buying a Tesla...

#2 5 years ago

I am in the same boat... I am still waiting for 3 Monster Bash LE Remakes as well for my customers that I am going to add more custom work on... Sometimes buying machines (from a good company) can be a waiting game, but in the end it's worth it.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am in the same boat... I am still waiting for 3 Monster Bash LE Remakes as well for my customers that I am going to add more custom work on... Sometimes buying machines (from a good company) can be a waiting game, but in the end it's worth it.
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

Good to hear that it's just not mine. All the reviews look great so I continue to hope it will be a great machine. Thanks for the input. Just a frustrating experience. It would be nice if they learned how to communicate a bit better - the waiting game would be easier to bear.

#4 5 years ago

That sucks. I’ve seen a lot of LEs change hands while some guys never even received their initial LE preorder. Makes no sense to me, supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

#5 5 years ago

At MGC this weekend all of the Monster Bash classics, and SE's had a build date of April 8th or 9th. Looks like those were on the line last week.

#6 5 years ago

Yup, I paid my deposit in October and am still waiting.

#7 5 years ago

Putting deposits down on games and waiting is a very frustrating experience....the good news is CGC is a legit company so the game is coming at some point...unless your Stern they all have problems getting games out the door in a timely manner. I've concluded that I'll never place a deposit on another game, and just wait for the games to hit the market....

#8 5 years ago

It’s my understanding that yes, on the LE’s they had play field issues because of the cold weather this winter. I get they want to make it right but again, just a long frustrating wait. Nothing to do but wait some more although I’ve been thinking of just buying a used one as they are already showing up. I plan on waiting until the end of April and then making a decision. I’ve called them directly too but the people answering the phones are quite useless and uninterested in helping.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

What! No Way! that never happens?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I’ve been thinking of just buying a used one

Do this. You will be better off.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

That sucks. I’ve seen a lot of LEs change hands while some guys never even received their initial LE preorder. Makes no sense to me, supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

Imagine Playfield issues from CGC. Please don’t mention again as this has never happened except for MMr and AFMr shhhh. CGC Vacation America playfeilds were flawless I can confirm. Help a fellow pinsider and buy from them as they are trading hands pretty regularly. Hope your game comes or you find one on pinside.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE

Still waiting, but am happy to wait for quality. I waited long enough to get a NIB MBle.

#13 5 years ago

I put down my deposit October 21 so my wait is about at 6 months. I was told I was #12 in line through my distributor a month ago. I've received no updates either. My distributor said that my place in line didn't matter cause he was a big distributor and got lots of games at a time. Here I am waiting. Bad decision on my part.

#14 5 years ago

For me, I moved from mid teens to next in line in about 2 weeks. Then sat for months due to production issues. I can say based on my experience and what I am seeing on the forums that the factory was up and running and cranked a bunch out in the last few weeks. Hopefully still running strong.

I would like to think everyone is near the end of the wait.

#15 5 years ago

I'm just curious as to whether this is always the case? I've never bought new before and as I mentioned, was told that it would be Dec/Jan. I get that my dealer is the middleman and has no control. My real surprise and disappointment is that the manufacturer communicates nothing. I know pinballs are selling well again but I could have bought something else brand new and had six months of play on it by now. Definitely a head-scratcher and I've learned my lesson - if I'm interested in something and they're only making a few hundred versus 1200, I'd do it again. But if production levels are going to be high, I'll buy on the after market and save a few $$'s.

Sorry to hear that so many others are in the same boat. I will say, despite it all, I am looking forward to having fun on a new machine.

#16 5 years ago

It seems to be not too uncommon (you can find easily similar discussions around MMr, POTC, Hobbit and others)...

As you wrote what is really in need of improvement is the communication.
The whole situation could be fine if there was some level of transparency of what was going on. It could be actually quite some fun to follow it to understand the challenges, details and hiccups in the production process.

Some kick-starter campaigns are really good in this (others are really crappy as well). In my experience some of them were that great that the process of following them on their journey was even better and more entertaining than the product itself. In these cases a delay of a few months or even a year gave me a completely different feeling about it.
For some of these I would have even wished for more delay, so I got some more great podcast episodes and/or blog updates.

#17 5 years ago

You’ve waited 20 years for a NIB monster bash you can wait a little
Longer.

#18 5 years ago

Which is true as well. Always depends on the perspective - as most things (mathematics excluded).

#19 5 years ago

Takes a long time to build 1250 pinball machines........

#20 5 years ago

Have been more than 120 work days since deposits were accepted. Whereby we don't know the impact of the different challenges - especially the playfield quality.

Classics and SEs have been delivered as well, which might change the count a bit.

Nevertheless it seems that productivity could see some improvements.
I guess it is even more annoying for CGC, because it impacts their cash flow and bottom line.

#21 5 years ago

Some insight on how they are distributed for those that may not know.

1250 total LE's made, and when they are made in batches, they are distributed based upon % of the 1250 ordered by a distributor.

So, if a distributor ordered 125 LE's of that 1250, that distributor would get 10% of their order filled every time a batch is made. So let's say CGC gets 50 of them done, that distributor would get 5 of them. And let's say CG does another 30 of them, that distributor would get 3 of them.

Etc and so on.

#22 5 years ago

Mines coming today! Pinball coming, wife going.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mines coming today! Pinball coming, wife going.

with the right judge both will be gone!

#24 5 years ago

I'm waiting as well. Deposit paid in mid-October. I quit calling my distributor because he never seemed to know anything either. I called at the beginning of this month and was told it would be shipping by the end of this month. fingers crossed...

My distro did get one LE already; I'm supposedly the next in line....... I redid the room where the machine will go in November......there's a big, empty space just waiting for it.

I was also getting a little nervous, as many non-number matching machines are going out and some of the serial #s are awfully high!!!

#25 5 years ago

Worth the wait. Never leaving. My only regret is I met MBrLE so late in my life.

#26 5 years ago

I’m sure it’s very hard playing the waiting game, but I can tell you this, I would rather wait and get a great game with little or no issues vs. all kinds of things that I would not be happy about.

Hang in there, the remake is definitely worth the wait in my opinion. But yes it’s very frustrating. Especially in today’s “you can have it right now” society. And I am including myself in that society!!

#27 5 years ago

I appreciate the insight as I've never purchased NIB. I think WAWA is right - the manufacturers could really improve interest if they shared where they were in production, what it takes, etc. If you go to Nashville, you can walk through the guitar factory and you see that some stages take longer, where issues can arise, etc. It would be great if they assigned us our number for the machine and we could "check in" to see where it was in the process or hear about issues that may slow it down. Pinballs are a bit different I know but it's 2019 and passing along more information versus less is what most vendors/manufacturers are trying to do.

I also agree, I've waited this long. I just want to make sure I'm around to enjoy it!!

#28 5 years ago

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting myself, and every month I get the same response, be there in 2 weeks. That passes and no word or updates ever given until I call again. Friends keep asking me to go for something else, and if I wanted something else, I would go ahead and buy it! There is nothing else I really want at the moment. Very frustrated....

I can't understand how others could buy a game, get it so quickly, play it 30 times and move onto something else, while we wait another 4 months for the same game, and don't plan on ever getting rid of it! CRAZY!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up? I put a deposit down in December, was told that it should be shipping in late January and still no sign. I've been told "it should be this month" for the last two months...starting to think I should get The Munsters or wait for something else. Is this normal as this is my first NIB purchase? Very disappointing experience. You want to spend $8k and they can't get the product out the door. I feel like I'm buying a Tesla...

welcome to pinball and one of the reasons I left

#30 5 years ago

I'm with you. I put a call into Chicago Gaming today. Let's see if they respond. I talked to my distributor over the weekend - he said we should get them by June or July as they are moving on to their next machine... I do get Woody's (next thread) comment that this is pinball, but they should be able to communicate better - especially if they want me to buy more.

#31 5 years ago

Update for anyone who has ordered - I just got off the phone with Chicago Gaming. They need to have Medieval out on July 4th, sooooo, they want all MB's out by then. So one way or another, we should have our machines before July. Not the best answer but at least we have an idea of when the latest time will be.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I'm with you. I put a call into Chicago Gaming today. Let's see if they respond. I talked to my distributor over the weekend - he said we should get them by June or July as they are moving on to their next machine... I do get Woody's (next thread) comment that this is pinball, but they should be able to communicate better - especially if they want me to buy more.

I am interested in the response you receive from Chicago Gaming, RavenFan1, since they are IMHO being extremely inconsiderate to their customers & distributors with their extended silence on this critical matter. June or July shipping, please! Sounds like some more unfounded, pie in the sky information to further placate frustrated paid customers. I'd say I am in the same boat out here in SoCal, using a SoCal distributor, who has offered a full refund since I was told the game was ready to ship when full payment was requested 4 months ago. Thankfully, I have a few other pins that I thoroughly enjoy, and therefore I can look at a remake of MB as both the holy grail & icing on an already awesome cake that I get to nibble on daily. Looking at it from that perspective, I also realize that I wanted a MB ever since I learned such a pin theme existed, due to a lifelong love and collecting of Universal Monsters & Munsters memorabilia. However the price that sellers were asking for old tired MB's exceeded NIB prices. The fact that 2 new pins have been released in the same time frame that perfectly align with a love since youth, seems part of a divine plan, to me anyway. Melding that unexpected miracle with the knowledge that pinball manufacturing has experienced a recent rebirth in the past decade, leaving the bulk of the new ambitious manufacturers still in their infancy, puts me at ease. However, such an infancy can be matured in several ways, some of those being; vision, organization, transparency and integrity. This perspective, whether myth or fact, alters my usual expectations for timely production goals, resolution of QC issues and delivery to prepaid customers. Of course it is difficult to have empathy or patience for extended periods of time if we are not informed of the reason for the delays, with no reasonable or reliable end in sight. A pinball collector's motivation to own an LE of this game goes without saying at this point, and we are therefore left to speculate that Chicago Gaming must feel secure in the knowledge that demand exceeds supply for this game. If that was not the case, they would probably be upfront, honest, and considerate to their growing & loyal customer base. I challenge Chicago Gaming, to show the integrity they themselves would each expect as a customer, and adopt a PR model that is informative, honest & timely in their communication to the pin community & especially their prepaid customers. Such integrity would be greatly appreciated and benefit all involved, while no doubt also reducing a lot of stress, which is the main reason many of us are involved in this awesome hobby to begin with. Thank you in advance.

#33 5 years ago

Dear god. That is one massive stream of consciousness going on there.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up?

I feel your pain! I've put down a deposit on ACNC over 12 months ago and will be waiting for about another 4.

#35 5 years ago

Should be a clause in the contract to buy these games, each day delayed is a dollar off the price. Bet your ass they wouldn't have 6 month delays

#36 5 years ago

Ordered Oct 23rd MBRLE still waiting Game Exchange Denver, Co.

#37 5 years ago

Bublehead says, keep calm, relax, take a breath, inhale- exhale- inhale- exhale- grab a gun- inhale- grab some bullets- exhale- load the gun- inhale- place it on your right temple- exhale- decide life is worth living- inhale- sneeze and accidently blow your brains out- exhale-

Seriously, the wait was torture and I lost a lot of weight just due to all the nervous axious waiting while I weighed my options on cancelling or if the weight of guilt I would feel would be unbearable if I cancelled and found out someone who had not waited had weighed in with my distributor and bypassed waiting and right now the freight guy was weighing the pallet and creating a waybill before sending it on its way to the customer who had not waited at all.

But I feel the pain since I was living the nightmare just a short time ago. I am so happy now with my MBrLE, that it got here in one piece, looks amazing, plays great, and PISSES ME OFF!!! on a regular basis. Do not be surprised you find yourself tightening up the outlanes, turning on an 8 second ball saver and jacking it up beyond 6.5 degrees of slope just to mitigate the outlanes from super sucking balls worse than Kevin Spacey.

My advice to waitees is call your distributors and Ryan at CGC and put them on speed dial... it didnt speed up delivery of my machine but at least I got more info out of them for me and others that way...

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Should be a clause in the contract to buy these games, each day delayed is a dollar off the price. Bet your ass they wouldn't have 6 month delays

I like that idea, but that would probably put outfits like Chicago Gaming out of business. Can we add delay of code updates to fix bugs in that clause?

Trying to purchase NIB pins is a totally new business model for me, as is the lack of communication on delays. It's Sad and just Wrong, but unfortunately it seems to be the accepted culture. Just glad GM did not take pre-order deposits or full payments on the mid engine Corvette back in the 60's when all the prototypes & rumors were emerging. I guess the attitude of "Things could always be worse," is what keeps me from going insane or asking for a refund. Wasn't this the case, but only worse when this fledgling company started taking deposits for their first game, MMr, while using Stern's factory for assembly? Leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, but at least they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet. Heaven forbid such karma. Come on Chicago Gaming, how do you sleep at night? Quit hiding behind this despicable silence and let us know what the heck is going on here.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I lost a lot of weight just due to all the nervous axious waiting while I weighed my options on cancelling or...can

That’s one way to lose weight!

#40 5 years ago

Put me in the "still waiting" club.

The wait really hasn't bothered me (we have other pins to play that we adore), but my wife and I have started discussing if we'd like to perhaps reconsider the order in lieu of another more readily available theme that we like. We'll probably still stick with this order, but it's not a great sign that even someone who has no urgency around receiving the game is now considering using those funds for a different machine. It's beautiful, and I'm sure we're going to love it if we do stick the waiting period out, but with so many beautiful games coming out recently, it's no longer one that I *must* have in the collection.

#41 5 years ago

Do not give up, and more importantly do not make the mistake of buying a Munsters no code Stern game instead. You would regret it after two years of ownership and waiting for code.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Do not give up, and more importantly do not make the mistake of buying a Munsters no code Stern game instead. You would regret it after two years of ownership and waiting for code.

Different strokes for different folks, but I received my Munsters LE one month after I paid my deposit and 10 days after paying in full. Plus it has had 3 code updates since I owned it that fixed all the bugs I emailed to their bug report email address. It also has been a source of hours of fun for me and my family. I think Chicago Gaming has a thing or two to learn from Stern, because I will never put down a deposit or prepay on another Chicago game, unless they make some serious changes to the way they treat their prepaid customers and meet QC and production goals. But I will probably hang in there on this one to avoid the inevitable non-buyers regret of a remake of an epic Bally/Williams game.

#43 5 years ago

Same here.
I put a deposit down the first day the distributor announced they were taking deposits.
Not really all that worried about it.
It's going to show up at some point and the machine is friggin bitchin.
Played one at TPF as well as Cidercade.
For me its worth the wait.

It's not like its a kickstarter where you dropped money on funding a project and may or may not get it (its coming).

Ive got pins to play and enjoy while I wait, so I'm good.

#44 5 years ago

I hear only positives about the game and am definitely looking forward to it. I've embraced the "I've waited this long so what's another few months?" approach. HOWEVER, it just seems to me that even in this industry, they could do a better job of communicating and even building the machines. After I talked to them yesterday, I realized how much "nothing" they told me. They wouldn't tell me where my distributor was in line (how does that hurt or impact them as I'm committed to buying through them) and most importantly, they gave me no clue as to when more LE's are scheduled to be built. The only "news" was/is that they need to be done by July 4th.

There has to be a better way. Some of you say basically to suck it up and wait - which apparently we currently have no choice but to do - but I suggest that if they want us to shell out $5 - 10k on a regular basis, they would do better if they treated us better. I just don't get the attitude from them that it is what it is.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I just don't get the attitude from them that it is what it is.

I would say there is a little bit of “if you build it, they will come” arrogance to CGC’s cavalier attitude towards customers and delays. Like Monster Bash is their gift/offering/sacrafice to the pinball gods and if you want a piece of the sacred relic, you will wait until THEY want you to have it, and not a moment sooner.

On CGC’s delivery mechanism to it’s distributors, this is the way it was explained to me... as was said earlier, distributors got machines based on total order percentage out of 1250. My distributor had 55 LE slots in his allotment. So he got a 55 out of 1250 percent take of all games as they come down the line. They build 30 machines this week, my distributor got 55/1250th of that shipment, and PPS got the biggest cut every batch because, well, they own the license and got the lionshare of the order. This would have worked if the number of machines was more than a trickle each week. This meant more machines went to the top distributors because the batch size was so small, this left no machines out of the batch for smaller distributors, which means customers with PPS have WAY more machines delivered to them because there is no fractionional division lower than 1 machine..

Lets take a hypothetical look at this delivery model... using 1000 limited edition machines to be produced

We are going to use some hypothetical numbers for clarity, first lets say we have 10 distributors A through J and within this distribution of allotments A has 50%, B has 15%, C has 10%, D has 5%, E through J have 3.33% share of the allotments. When part of an alotment is less than 1 machine we round up for .51 to 1 and .49 down to 0.

First scenario, 60 machines a week production rate... so batch size is 60 machines a week, so first week a distribution of:

A = 30
B = 9
C = 6
D = 3
E-J = 2 each

Every distributor is getting at least 2 machines a week.

Second scenario, 16 machines a week production rate...

A = 8
B = 2.4 = 2
C = 1.6 = 2
D = 0.8 = 1
E-J = 0.53 = 1

So 16-8-2-2-1 = 3 and this leaves us with only 3 machines to divy up between E - J leaving 3 distributors out in the cold getting no machines at all... and the next week, the same thing happens, top distributors get the machines, bottom feeders get nothing, and this continues and continues until A has all of their machines, B has all of theirs, C gets a trickle, D sees one a week if he’s lucky, and E through J sit in the trenches getting nothing but a bone once in a while.

Sound familiar? Sound fair? As long as production is up, not bad, but when production rates fall to a trickle, this system implodes.

I am going to buy CGC #4 on the customer appreciation and number matching program and use PPS as my distributor to buy the next remake. Screw the six month wait and lets hope to God its not Cactus Canyon, because you can’t polish that turd long enough to make me want to buy it, yet it sits between me and the next great remake of BBB, TOM, TOTAN, TAF

#46 5 years ago

I paid my non refundable deposit for an LE day one. Given I’m in Oz, we’re at the back of the queue. Including the extra 5 weeks of shipping, I have no doubt all remaining US LE’s will be in their owners hot little hands long before we get sight of ours.

That said, I’m content in knowing CGC are doing their best to produce the best possible product for me and will happily wait the time needed.

No one can honestly say they believe CGC are sitting on their hands and purposely delaying the process. They want to finish them off to avoid further delays on their next release.

No doubt more transparency would keep the hoardes happier, but it won’t get my pin to me any quicker.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I paid my non refundable deposit for an LE day one. Given I’m in Oz, we’re at the back of the queue. Including the extra 5 weeks of shipping, I have no doubt all remaining US LE’s will be in their owners hot little hands long before we get sight of ours.
That said, I’m content in knowing CGC are doing their best to produce the best possible product for me and will happily wait the time needed.
No one can honestly say they believe CGC are sitting on their hands and purposely delaying the process. They want to finish them off to avoid further delays on their next release.
No doubt more transparency would keep the hoardes happier, but it won’t keep my pin to me any quicker.

Yes, that is one other thing they mentioned, domestic deliveries are being slated first...sorry.

#48 5 years ago

My friend received his Monster Bash LE about three months ago. Looks and plays great. I am sure once everyone gets the game it will be well worth it.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/12/30/unboxing-chicago-gaming-monster-bash-le-unboxing-artwork-review-and-gameplay-video/

YouTube Video :

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpgUnboxing-MBR-Remake-Title (resized).jpgUnboxing-MBR-Remake-Title (resized).jpg

#49 5 years ago

I played an Attack from Mars LE last weekend and decided to buy one while I was waiting for my MBrLE. I hope it will keep me occupied until the MB shows up..

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I hope it will keep me occupied until the MB shows up..

It will and you definitely won't be disappointed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-still-waiting?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.