Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 days ago

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up? I put a deposit down in December, was told that it should be shipping in late January and still no sign. I've been told "it should be this month" for the last two months...starting to think I should get The Munsters or wait for something else. Is this normal as this is my first NIB purchase? Very disappointing experience. You want to spend $8k and they can't get the product out the door. I feel like I'm buying a Tesla...

#2 5 days ago

I am in the same boat... I am still waiting for 3 Monster Bash LE Remakes as well for my customers that I am going to add more custom work on... Sometimes buying machines (from a good company) can be a waiting game, but in the end it's worth it.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#3 5 days ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am in the same boat... I am still waiting for 3 Monster Bash LE Remakes as well for my customers that I am going to add more custom work on... Sometimes buying machines (from a good company) can be a waiting game, but in the end it's worth it.
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

Good to hear that it's just not mine. All the reviews look great so I continue to hope it will be a great machine. Thanks for the input. Just a frustrating experience. It would be nice if they learned how to communicate a bit better - the waiting game would be easier to bear.

#4 5 days ago

That sucks. I’ve seen a lot of LEs change hands while some guys never even received their initial LE preorder. Makes no sense to me, supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

#5 5 days ago

At MGC this weekend all of the Monster Bash classics, and SE's had a build date of April 8th or 9th. Looks like those were on the line last week.

#6 5 days ago

Yup, I paid my deposit in October and am still waiting.

#7 5 days ago

Putting deposits down on games and waiting is a very frustrating experience....the good news is CGC is a legit company so the game is coming at some point...unless your Stern they all have problems getting games out the door in a timely manner. I've concluded that I'll never place a deposit on another game, and just wait for the games to hit the market....

#8 5 days ago

It’s my understanding that yes, on the LE’s they had play field issues because of the cold weather this winter. I get they want to make it right but again, just a long frustrating wait. Nothing to do but wait some more although I’ve been thinking of just buying a used one as they are already showing up. I plan on waiting until the end of April and then making a decision. I’ve called them directly too but the people answering the phones are quite useless and uninterested in helping.

#9 5 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

What! No Way! that never happens?

#10 5 days ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I’ve been thinking of just buying a used one

Do this. You will be better off.

#11 5 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

That sucks. I’ve seen a lot of LEs change hands while some guys never even received their initial LE preorder. Makes no sense to me, supposedly they are having issues with the playfields??

Imagine Playfield issues from CGC. Please don’t mention again as this has never happened except for MMr and AFMr shhhh. CGC Vacation America playfeilds were flawless I can confirm. Help a fellow pinsider and buy from them as they are trading hands pretty regularly. Hope your game comes or you find one on pinside.

#12 5 days ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE

Still waiting, but am happy to wait for quality. I waited long enough to get a NIB MBle.

#13 4 days ago

I put down my deposit October 21 so my wait is about at 6 months. I was told I was #12 in line through my distributor a month ago. I've received no updates either. My distributor said that my place in line didn't matter cause he was a big distributor and got lots of games at a time. Here I am waiting. Bad decision on my part.

#14 4 days ago

For me, I moved from mid teens to next in line in about 2 weeks. Then sat for months due to production issues. I can say based on my experience and what I am seeing on the forums that the factory was up and running and cranked a bunch out in the last few weeks. Hopefully still running strong.

I would like to think everyone is near the end of the wait.

#15 4 days ago

I'm just curious as to whether this is always the case? I've never bought new before and as I mentioned, was told that it would be Dec/Jan. I get that my dealer is the middleman and has no control. My real surprise and disappointment is that the manufacturer communicates nothing. I know pinballs are selling well again but I could have bought something else brand new and had six months of play on it by now. Definitely a head-scratcher and I've learned my lesson - if I'm interested in something and they're only making a few hundred versus 1200, I'd do it again. But if production levels are going to be high, I'll buy on the after market and save a few $$'s.

Sorry to hear that so many others are in the same boat. I will say, despite it all, I am looking forward to having fun on a new machine.

#16 3 days ago

It seems to be not too uncommon (you can find easily similar discussions around MMr, POTC, Hobbit and others)...

As you wrote what is really in need of improvement is the communication.
The whole situation could be fine if there was some level of transparency of what was going on. It could be actually quite some fun to follow it to understand the challenges, details and hiccups in the production process.

Some kick-starter campaigns are really good in this (others are really crappy as well). In my experience some of them were that great that the process of following them on their journey was even better and more entertaining than the product itself. In these cases a delay of a few months or even a year gave me a completely different feeling about it.
For some of these I would have even wished for more delay, so I got some more great podcast episodes and/or blog updates.

#17 3 days ago

You’ve waited 20 years for a NIB monster bash you can wait a little
Longer.

#18 3 days ago

Which is true as well. Always depends on the perspective - as most things (mathematics excluded).

#19 3 days ago

Takes a long time to build 1250 pinball machines........

#20 3 days ago

Have been more than 120 work days since deposits were accepted. Whereby we don't know the impact of the different challenges - especially the playfield quality.

Classics and SEs have been delivered as well, which might change the count a bit.

Nevertheless it seems that productivity could see some improvements.
I guess it is even more annoying for CGC, because it impacts their cash flow and bottom line.

#21 3 days ago

Some insight on how they are distributed for those that may not know.

1250 total LE's made, and when they are made in batches, they are distributed based upon % of the 1250 ordered by a distributor.

So, if a distributor ordered 125 LE's of that 1250, that distributor would get 10% of their order filled every time a batch is made. So let's say CGC gets 50 of them done, that distributor would get 5 of them. And let's say CG does another 30 of them, that distributor would get 3 of them.

Etc and so on.

#22 3 days ago

Mines coming today! Pinball coming, wife going.

#23 3 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mines coming today! Pinball coming, wife going.

with the right judge both will be gone!

#24 3 days ago

I'm waiting as well. Deposit paid in mid-October. I quit calling my distributor because he never seemed to know anything either. I called at the beginning of this month and was told it would be shipping by the end of this month. fingers crossed...

My distro did get one LE already; I'm supposedly the next in line....... I redid the room where the machine will go in November......there's a big, empty space just waiting for it.

I was also getting a little nervous, as many non-number matching machines are going out and some of the serial #s are awfully high!!!

#25 3 days ago

Worth the wait. Never leaving. My only regret is I met MBrLE so late in my life.

#26 3 days ago

I’m sure it’s very hard playing the waiting game, but I can tell you this, I would rather wait and get a great game with little or no issues vs. all kinds of things that I would not be happy about.

Hang in there, the remake is definitely worth the wait in my opinion. But yes it’s very frustrating. Especially in today’s “you can have it right now” society. And I am including myself in that society!!

#27 3 days ago

I appreciate the insight as I've never purchased NIB. I think WAWA is right - the manufacturers could really improve interest if they shared where they were in production, what it takes, etc. If you go to Nashville, you can walk through the guitar factory and you see that some stages take longer, where issues can arise, etc. It would be great if they assigned us our number for the machine and we could "check in" to see where it was in the process or hear about issues that may slow it down. Pinballs are a bit different I know but it's 2019 and passing along more information versus less is what most vendors/manufacturers are trying to do.

I also agree, I've waited this long. I just want to make sure I'm around to enjoy it!!

#28 1 day ago

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting myself, and every month I get the same response, be there in 2 weeks. That passes and no word or updates ever given until I call again. Friends keep asking me to go for something else, and if I wanted something else, I would go ahead and buy it! There is nothing else I really want at the moment. Very frustrated....

I can't understand how others could buy a game, get it so quickly, play it 30 times and move onto something else, while we wait another 4 months for the same game, and don't plan on ever getting rid of it! CRAZY!

#29 1 day ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Is anyone still waiting for their MB LE to show up? I put a deposit down in December, was told that it should be shipping in late January and still no sign. I've been told "it should be this month" for the last two months...starting to think I should get The Munsters or wait for something else. Is this normal as this is my first NIB purchase? Very disappointing experience. You want to spend $8k and they can't get the product out the door. I feel like I'm buying a Tesla...

welcome to pinball and one of the reasons I left

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 58.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside