• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by AlanK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi all
I’ve spent over 5 hours trying to figure out what’s wrong with my MB original Drac.
The game was working fine though Drac was moving a bit slow.
So I decided to clean the motor, stupid mistake because now it doesn’t work and there seems to be no solutions online.
The grease inside the motor was quite gunky. I’ve put it back together and when plugged into the board it spins on startup.
However I keep getting errors about Drac position 2 in particular but seeing other positions too error out.
The motor spins on Drac test but keeps trying to spin at the end or beginning of the cycle, it won’t move during Drac test unless I manually move it.
I checked the switch edges and all 5 optos register fine.
I’m pulling what little hair I have out, what am I missing here????

#2 4 years ago

Had a similar problem. Tried all the things you did. Turned out to be a problem with the opto board.

3 years later
#3 10 months ago

I ran into a similar issue serveral years ago. Ended up replacing the drac motor, resoldered all the PCB pins on the drac opto board and drack was zoomy and the game tested fine.

This past week, the game was throwing bad drac postion 1 and 3 switch. I checked all the optos and they did function. I checked the blade on the drac trac and it was alligned just fine. The drac motor functions inconsistently. Sometimes it barely has enough juice to move out of its current position even though you hear the motor humming. During Drac Test, he won't even move at medium speed setting even though the motor is humming. During Test Automatic Fast mode, he moves around fine but will still get 'stuck' at 3 or sometimes 1.

Latest Debugging:

I installed a new Drac Motor Board, converted the drac track opto harness 9-pin plug to Trifucon connectors/plug. Game rebooted and test was clean.
However, the results did not change in regard to same inconsistent drac behavior and speed. Sometimes he does not even come out of his coffin when the mode is activated during gameplay. Sometimes he gets to position 2 and stays there and won't go back in when the mode is over. Opto-10 board LM logic chip related?

I reseated the Opto-10 board connectors. No improvement. I have a rebuilt IJ Opto board where I socketed and mounted new LM chips but the board is not wide enough to mount the metal brackets for a perpendicular mount under the playfield.

I will order a new Opto board and see if that helps solve the drac issue. Thanks for the tip, SJJ. I will report back with the results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-drac-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.