You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5742 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

hi ,
me again i am so unlucky with pins .

i played mb without issues , and turned on this morning and after few minutes of play it just reset like there is power issue or electricity issue (like when you lose electric power in house for 1sec)

i fired up new game and same thing after 15-20sec. i tried to turn off pin on power button but power button on powersupply under cabinet is stucked and cant be moved up and down . so i had to plug cable out of power in order to shut machine down.

any thoughts?

i opened playfield to see under hub but i cant see anything there is red fuse button on power supply should i press that one maybe?

i bought it week ago and it is serviced and in pristine condition 9.5/10 condition

lmk pls

ty

#2 5 years ago

ps. test not show any issue

#3 5 years ago

also restart when press both fliplers

#5 5 years ago

jesus.... so so so unlucky i am

problem is that in my town there is 2-3 persons that are masters for fixin electical and mech parts but they are extremly busy and have no time to come to my place and help me fixing this .

so idk either i can wait em or to try to do somthing on my own which i really dont want to cose i can make more problems than to fix

it sux to spend so much money on pins and they fail after 1-2weeks cant relax and enjoy em

#6 5 years ago

It does suck, but this is very common. The machine is 20 years old and if you fix this properly, you'll likely never have to repair this specific problem again for a very long time with home use. Being able to repair your game is a critical part of owning a pinball machine.

Marc

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from kurgan999:

it sux to spend so much money on pins and they fail after 1-2weeks

Don't feel bad. Crap happens. You'll get past this.

I'd fix the on/off switch first. That might be why the game resets.

Youtube has lots of short how to videos. In case you need some information.

LTG : )

#8 5 years ago

hey guys,
thanks for kind words and support means. a lot.

i definetly had to try educating myself , my brother is with me here so maybe both of us can start working and learning basics.

have two problems not enough free time i work 12h/day and 2nd more important problem is i am total noob with fixing things in house dont need to say how noob i am with electronics plus i am very affraid .

i started two months ago with pins and definetly i learned some things , but still i had to try educating myself more towards fixes and stuff should be easier now thanks to internet than back in early 90s

will update with progress

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd fix the on/off switch first. That might be why the game resets.

Fix this switch first. I agree with LTG that it may be related.
Manuals are online.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4441/Williams_1998_Monster_Bash_English_Manual.pdf

2 weeks later
#10 5 years ago

this cousing problems , game start and i played but this restart game .

is it common problem or i am first in world that this coused probs?)

i had to change that somehow

IMG_5742 (resized).JPG

#11 5 years ago

Did you change your power switch yet?

#12 5 years ago

check video i posted bout this power switch he causing mess

so only need to swap/change that right? had to call electrician to fix that i debt i can do safly on my own

#13 5 years ago

ps is there any video tutorial how to change this maybe i can do on my own ?!

#14 5 years ago

Yes, you can do it on your own. I am not aware of a video. I think you have to solder wires to change it out.

#15 5 years ago

Make sure you unplug the machine at the wall since there will be AC voltage present at the switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!