Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by marksf123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Thought I share this for those with MB. Thought it was cool and better then whats in the game, really makes the toys look more realistic.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=14361.0

#2 11 years ago

I think the originals looked much better.

#3 11 years ago

Love the new look for Creature and Frank! Awesome!!!

#4 11 years ago

I like the originals more.

Grant

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#7 11 years ago

Loved the new Bride and Igor, great job though

#8 11 years ago

I hired a professional model painter to paint my MB toys. I have seen what he does on toys with far finer detail and a lot smaller scale so I know this could come out pretty incredible. I will post some pics probably in about a month or so....

I meet with him next week to go over how to paint them, colors, shiney, matte. exc...

If anyone has any ideas let me know - i specifically can look for ideas on the bride of Frankenstein. What I am thinking is pale skin, black cape, red bustier, and gold legs for the dress and arms (to match the backglass).

I know i am going to do the Dracula and Creature with a shiney finish. One of the things with the creature is I want to make sure you can see him through the green playfield plastic. Might be one of the reasons he is white. I am not sure what will be a good color but I guess to stay true to form he has to be green.

I will do the mummy with a dirty matte finish...

I am not sure how I want frankenstein - not sure if I want the shiney finsh or maybe more of a weathered clothes look. I also want his table to look like an old wood table...

I am looking for any ideas...

Let me know...

#9 11 years ago

I like them

#10 11 years ago

The painting really brought out their characters and added a bit of evil to them, I liked them, great work! Love the Mad scientist Lloyd Olsen comment, LMAO!! Wasn't Lloyd what the original model was based on?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I hired a professional model painter to paint my MB toys. I have seen what he does on toys with far finer detail and a lot smaller scale so I know this could come out pretty incredible. I will post some pics probably in about a month or so....
I meet with him next week to go over how to paint them, colors, shiney, matte. exc...
If anyone has any ideas let me know - i specifically can look for ideas on the bride of Frankenstein. What I am thinking is pale skin, black cape, red bustier, and gold legs for the dress and arms (to match the backglass).
I know i am going to do the Dracula and Creature with a shiney finish. One of the things with the creature is I want to make sure you can see him through the green playfield plastic. Might be one of the reasons he is white. I am not sure what will be a good color but I guess to stay true to form he has to be green.
I will do the mummy with a dirty matte finish...
I am not sure how I want Frankenstein - not sure if I want the shiney finsh or maybe more of a weathered clothes look. I also want his table to look like an old wood table...
I am looking for any ideas...
Let me know...

I'd be interested in seeing how these come out! Might be a good way for me to spruce my MB up a bit.

#12 11 years ago

Not sure how I feel about it. they look nice, but I suppose it isn't something I'd do unless I had another set of NOS toys in case I wanted to restore it back to original.

#13 11 years ago

If you are ever in San Diego you should look me up..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-custom-toys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.