20140320_192436_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg
20140320_192414_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
image-717.jpg
image-222.jpg
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 10 years ago

Nice, these look awesome. Great seller, i bought his side decals for TSPP and the quality is amazing. I'd buy these in a heartbeat if i owned a monster bash.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

If there is enough interest I can do a limited run but haven't thought about cost (bear in mind this is a hobby for my own machines and not a business so to speak). Anybody who is interested is welcome to PM me with their email and I'll get an email list together to see if there is enough demand to warrant it.

PM Sent for a set please.
Thank you

#54 10 years ago

Those look great. Well done!

#55 10 years ago

Fantastic work and of course I want a set. PM sent.

Joe(acejedi)

#56 10 years ago

Thanks for kind comments guys.

If you are interested and want to PM, could you include an email address - I'm trying to make a spreadsheet and will then send over the details later.

You can look at the TSPP thread for installation example and more details.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals

It's actually a better design on williams raising and lowering the playfield and there seems to be plenty of room. I didn't even have to remove the playfield to fit them as you can slot them in while the playfield is raised and then move playfield up and down while you fit them.

#57 10 years ago

One thing I noticed on Williams is they have a bolt in side of cabinet holding back box side hinges. I had to countersink these in so they were flush. You could change these for a small nut or something or I guess remove the inner bit and leave the outer piece in loose.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

One thing I noticed on Williams is they have a bolt in side of cabinet holding back box side hinges. I had to countersink these in so they were flush. You could change these for a small nut or something or I guess remove the inner bit and leave the outer piece in loose.

Most times I remove the nut and install the decal over the void, then use an exacto to cut the hole out and replace the nut. That way you aren't having to alter anything.

#59 10 years ago

Yeah that would work too. Would be easier that way for sure. Wish they had done it flush in first place. Would have looked much neater.

#60 10 years ago

sillyoldelf you continue to amaze me with your designs! Fantastic work - Stern should hire you to do their artwork.

#61 10 years ago

What you did is amazing. My god. Yes!

#62 10 years ago

Amazing is an understatement. Awesome job.

#63 10 years ago

Just want to add my AWESOME too. Really nice!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#64 10 years ago

Now I wish I kept my MB. Well done sir.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Yeah that would work too. Would be easier that way for sure. Wish they had done it flush in first place. Would have looked much neater.

It would look better, but you can still remove the hinge if necessary on a Williams.

#66 10 years ago

Does the Hinge actually serve any purpose in supporting the backbox? The catch at the back and the wingnuts inside look to secure it pretty well, so maybe it is just dressing. In which case the easiest thing to do is to leave it in place, remove the inner nut and just glue the outer bolt in the hole with a little bit hot glue - that way you can always get it out if need be in the future.

#67 10 years ago

Very nice!

#68 10 years ago

Makes me want to get a MB! OP, please consider making next side panels for TAF The ones currently available for TAF are quite plain...

#69 10 years ago

I'm in - perfect time too since I'm currently restoring mine - pm sent

#70 10 years ago

I'm interested!! PM sent!

#71 10 years ago

Funds were sent today!

#72 10 years ago

I am interested, sending PM now

#73 10 years ago

Thanks to those who showed interest. The good news is I'll be starting to send out next week. Spent all day at the printers tweaking the colours (they were really great and let me have access to their computers so I could adjust on site) and they have turned out fantastic. I'll post some updated pics when I've fitted proof set.

#74 10 years ago

A couple questions for you about the printing process since I'm about to do the same for a custom arcade game project I've been working on:

Did you use any Pantone spot colors in your artwork? Did these need adjusting once you saw them printed?

How much of the artwork was CMYK? How much of that needed adjustment afterwards?

Were the adjustments necessary because of the material they were being printed on or because of the standard "screen vs. print" color variances?

Percentage-wise, how much would you say you had to adjust things, overall?

Thanks!

#75 10 years ago

Lol....I just noticed the name on the rowboat and the shark fin.......

#76 10 years ago

Cool. I wonder when someone would spot the easter eggs. Have you found the others? Look in Franks Lab and the gravestones.....

In reply to colour matching. If your monitors are colour calibrated and the printer you use is the same with an ICC profile, then you can get very close to WYSIWYG. I have found this is very rare as the commercial printers have all sorts of profiles, papers and inks. For massive print runs and commercial applications I am sure they have this nailed down but for small stuff like this I have found test prints are essential. For example the TSPP profile is completely different to the one we ended using for Monster Bash even though the material is the same. When you are matching up to existing art it can be trial and error.

All artwork is CYMK and 300 dpi. Most commercial printers work this way. The onscreen colours are quite a bit different from print, so you need to find a printer that is prepared to work with you and hopefully not charge a fortune for test prints. I wouldn't bother investing in colour matching equipment if it is going to be a small project.

#77 10 years ago

I did see the Transformers toy on the shelf in the laboratory, LOL.

#78 10 years ago

pm sent ..looks great.I would love a set..

#79 10 years ago

Put transformers Easter egg in because I have one and George Gomez designed it. Now can any guess what all the gravestones are about and the creature that shouldn't be lurking there.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Now can any guess what all the gravestones are about

lol, I didn't see there was a closeup shot where you could read the Snowballs. Nice. If I owned Monster Bash and TSPP (some day perhaps to both!) I would get these both in a heartbeat, easily some of my favorite original mods on Pinside.

#81 10 years ago

Well spotted that man. There is also Snowball 5 lurking behind one of the gravestones. One of my fav episodes.

Wish I'd put some easter eggs in Simpsons now - maybe I'll go back and add Dracula as Mr Burns.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

All artwork is CYMK and 300 dpi. Most commercial printers work this way. The onscreen colours are quite a bit different from print, so you need to find a printer that is prepared to work with you and hopefully not charge a fortune for test prints. I wouldn't bother investing in colour matching equipment if it is going to be a small project.

Yeah, everything on my project is CYMK, but the artwork it mimics had known spot colors so I'm debating whether or not to try and hit those. Thankfully, since everything is vectored, it's all scalable and test prints can be as small as they need to make them more affordable. Or, I can even just make color swatches of all the CYMK mixes of all the colors I use(I made them "spot" colors in Illustrator anyway, this would be super easy).

I do have a proofing printer that I should probably shoot out a small test print on, just for initial testing....

Thanks!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Well spotted that man. There is also Snowball 5 lurking behind one of the gravestones. One of my fav episodes.

Oh lol, missed that behind Coltrane.

#84 10 years ago

If you know the colours used I would try and use them but you also need to look how they were printed and on what material. Silk screening on wood or plastic gives a much different effect to digital printing on paper. I noticed this on monster bash matching up to the lab plastics at the back. Printing on plastic is something I would like to have a go at in the future.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Printing on plastic is something I would like to have a go at in the future.

Me too! So many modern plastics look so crappy and lazy. Definitely want to explore that if I get a chance.

#86 10 years ago

Thanks payment sent ..

#87 10 years ago

Had some questions about the hinge bolt on the cabinet. While you could just put the decals over it or even cut around them once installed so they sit flush, for neatness I did this. You can either take out the inner part and just leave the outer bolt in for looks or you can countersink it in which I did. I cut the bolt down a bit with a dremel so the length was shortened to allow it to fit snug inside the hole I made with a wood drill. Obviously careful not to drill right through the cabinet! Only needs a few mills.

Here is a pic - after I just painted it in with black paint and sanded edges. Looks like it came like it from factory but you can't see it after decals are fitted anyway.

mb-hinge.jpgmb-hinge.jpg

mb-hinge2.jpgmb-hinge2.jpg

#88 10 years ago

Very nice work! I'm interested....pm sent.

#89 10 years ago

Any updates on timing? I'm getting excited!

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Any updates on timing? I'm getting excited!

Me too.

#91 10 years ago

Arrived today! Look high quality and will update again once installed. Thanks sillyoldelf!image-51.jpgimage-51.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#92 10 years ago

Installed looks great!image-717.jpgimage-717.jpgimage-222.jpgimage-222.jpgimage-815.jpgimage-815.jpg

#93 10 years ago

Looks great -I am hoping these are still available.

#94 10 years ago

Nice I diden't know they were on there way already. I'll keep an eye out for mine ; )

#95 10 years ago

Mine arrived today - Great job!
Many thanks

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Nice I diden't know they were on there way already. I'll keep an eye out for mine ; )

Yep - me too!

#97 10 years ago

They look great, hoping mine show up this week.

#98 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics - look great and good to know they are arriving. They have all gone out from first interest so should be showing up soon for everybody.

Interestingly I learn't from printers today they will enhance with time as the laminate adheres to the decals (takes a couple of weeks or so they said) and the colours pop through more.

Keep the pics coming - it's a nice reward after all the work to finally see them in action.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Keep the pics coming - it's a nice reward after all the work to finally see them in action.

Seeing install pics of your mods is the best part, Helen pics are just now starting to show up and I'm really enjoying it. Your decals look awesome, great work again.

#100 10 years ago

Hoping mine come before heading out to louisville so I can lay them flat with my Met and ST pinblades. Going to be busy when I get back!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-custom-side-board-decals-and-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.