IMG_20230110_213133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 9 years ago

Anyone got a spare MPU from MB? I just picked up a basket case of a machine, and the MPU is one of many parts that I need, but the most important to getting the game running!

8 months later
#138 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bumping this thread ....
I'm looking for a complete spinner assembly as mine is missing.
Same as this .... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22268
If anyone can help me out, let me know.
Cheers!
Dave.

Yeah, mine was missing too. I had to order mine out of Australia. What are the odds?

11 months later
#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know why this thing would be in there?

It's a switched power supply. Used in arcade games. Someone added this in your game, most like to "fix" a reset issue when the 5v dropped below spec.

I had a wh2o that had one of these in it. I removed it, and went through the reset guide on pinwiki to fix it in the correct manner.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok here's the driver board, nothing caught my eye except the red wire connected from the extra power thing

Remove the red wire (cut or de-solder). They're using the switched power supply to make up the 5V. Once the wire is removed, see what the symptoms of the game are. Then you can address the real issue, if there even is one--it could have been low line voltage at the arcade this was in.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure if the isolators on the speaker wires are normal, but that seems like a good idea in general.

Yes, these are standard from the factory.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also there's an extra molex connector at the bottom of the wire bundle

I believe that was for a knocker in some games. This is just left over from previous versions, as MB doesn't have a knocker.

1 month later
#252 7 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I'm finally joining the club. I just finished completely restoring the playfield. Now comes the cabinet. My first complete restore. A lot of fun and a crazy number of hours. More pics to come in the next few months. Woo hoo!!!

Nice job. It looks great. The purple wireforms are a nice touch and go very well with the pf.

I'd recommend swapping out the cliffy for a mantis protector.

5 months later
#338 6 years ago

I need some insight on this one:

After playing find for months, my MB gave me 4 additional "bong" tones at start-up and displayed a Chksum S4 sound board error. If I go into the test menu, and then get out of it, all the sounds are fine.

I have removed & reseated the ribbon cables, which did not change anything. Other than then, what are the next steps?

2 years later
#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Having spoken to Mantis, that is the only workable solution. They weren't able to help me further (as the scoop was bought 7 years ago - yes my restoration has taken that long!).
Just for the record, there will be similar Mantis Monster Bash scoops out in the wild exhibiting the same problem as mine, which the owners will then have to adapt themselves, if they haven't done so already.
Good luck!
Goz.

Goz-

I have a mantis scoop, and mantis ramp as well. Here's pictures. Yours does look like its a bit far forward, as I cannot rest a ball in the same location. However, if you look close at that corner of the scoop, you can see the metal has been dented back. It was sharp when I installed it, and I could tell the ball would hit it, but not get hung up.

But comparing pictures, it kinda looks like your ramp flap and/or blue bumper are in a different position too. Is there something going on with the hole positioning on your pf?

Scoop 1 (resized).jpgScoop 1 (resized).jpg
Scoop 2 (resized).jpgScoop 2 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#632 4 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

Anyone know the part or part number for the wire shaft that connects to the spinner, drops below the the playfield and actuates the switch? Looks like mine is missing so the number of spins isn't registering.

It's not a wire shaft that goes below the pf (like in classic Bally games). The spinner actuators a micro switch on the top side of the pf (just to the left of the spinner). The bent rod on the spinner touches the micro switch

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Joined the club on
Friday.
[quoted image]
Has anyone gotten detail pictures of the "improvements" made to the MBr?
Specifically interested in the Lit Moving targets, plasma disk, and most specifically the Lit Drac coffin.
Would the "Premium Sound System" be nothing more than a PinSound board?
My bride seems to stick with her head up. Haven't looked at the mechanism yet; any suggestions?
First on my list is a ColorDMD, a
Pinshield, followed by
Pinblades. Not sure what else the game really needs but I'm sure I'll find something.
Has anyone tried UV lighting the PF? Does it fluoresce?

For the Bride mech, it's pretty simple, unless you need to remove the entire thing. Usually just the actuator gets rotated so it sticks (it's keyed so it's not supposed to rotate).

I'd suggest getting the figures custom painted. If you don't know anyone that does it, I highly suggest @modfather. He does an awesome job.

The original pf's, and the IPB repros will flouresce. Not sure about any other manufactures. The greens jump out. Other than UV, I've found that a blue light in the trough (pointed to the pf) gives off a really nice look too. But to each their own.

And welcome to the original MB owners club!

2 years later
#885 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

So here are some more impressions from my freshly powered up Monster BAsh (original, not remake)!
It lives in a new WPC case made by AVO-pinball, has a Mirco Playfield (screw you mirco, you suck, but even your miserable performance and attitude cannot diminish the overall result) with a playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com, shooter laner protector from pinball-universe.de, painted figures done by a 10th-grader who does painting competitions, licensed repro plastics from somewhere, plastics protectors from pinbits, art blades from the sillyoldelf, bronze flipper bearings made by adpin.de, chrome flipper buttons from adpin.de, a real backglass (pending and not on photos from an anonymous wizard), power and clear coated metal parts, invisiglass from a hungarian wizard, LEDOCD, GIOCD, pinsound board with flpper fidelity speakers, pinsound shaker, solidstate repro-PDB from pinled.de, CPU board from pinled.de and the masterpiece a MBR speakerpanel with an extra large pin2dmd
Every single part was newly zink-, chrome- or powder coated.
I am still missing a black plate for around the display, and a specially cut smoke-glass currently in production as a display cover. If I'm lucky some polished rampflaps from Jakusu will still arrive at some point.
I consider it absolutely uncompromising and it really plays like a monster. It is combining the solid build quality and everlasting repairability of the original machine, with a few elements of modern engineering.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really great. Nice job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.