IMG_20230110_213133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 7 years ago

Just joined the club! Technically, anyway - I wont have it for another week or so.

I got a beater re-import but this is my grail pin - been wanting one ever since I knew it even existed. I am a huge monster movie fan, and rock n' roll musician... so it was a natural. Will go great next to our TZ and Creature...

I've always wondered why they never followed through with a 1930s Dracula or Frankenstein pin. And The Wolfman (my 2nd fav of the group!) never got any pin love whatsoever. There's not even a toy of him on the MB playfield!

Anyway, very excited to get to rocking those monsters..

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Congrats and Good luck man .... i wld of just bought a nice original or restored for 8500-10k bc after its all said and done you will have that or more than that into making it very nice...plus lots of time. Ive almost bought many of the ones im sure your talking about but they are to much ..and with 600 in shipping also . If your patient a good local deal always pops up ....

I hear ya- I wanted to do a full playfield swap one day, and I've got a budget laid out already. we will play the game as-is for a few months but then I'll do theteardown next year. I want to learn more about refurb so this project has a dual purpose. Like my TZ I don't ever expect to sell this one

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

There is on mine!

Ha! Ok he's obscured on my pinball arcade version I guess

Still no wolfman pin though!!

2 weeks later
#222 7 years ago

Hey folks

Just received my MB delivery. I converted it to 110v no problem, but as I lifted the play field to do so, I found this thing plugged into the power supply

Anybody know why this thing would be in there? It's plugged into the power supply on one end, and to (I think) T101 the 5v node on the power board. The other wire is to ground.

So... what the hell is this for ? It doesn't seem to be part of the original game, but I don't see any mods or anything that it would be powering. What gives?

It says "mickey/mouse games" on it, and some dude's name on it.

Also.. I found what I think is an original goodie bag. It is stapled to the cabinet separator, and has a couple of screws, a MB keychain tag, and what is I think a plastic washer. Is there any reason to keep this intact and not open it?

IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You probably have some db issues so they just added another power supply instead of fixing the db.... let see some pics of the db......

Ok I think I understand. Definitely wish I'd known this was a thing. I'll post some later on or tomorrow; got work to do right now - couple of other minor issues with this machine (basic stuff - stripped leg bolt plates, missing the translite lift channel, and cabinet is scratched a bit, mostly at edges) but the boards seem to be in pretty good shape.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok I think I understand. Definitely wish I'd known this was a thing. I'll post some later on or tomorrow; got work to do right now - couple of other minor issues with this machine (basic stuff - stripped leg bolt plates, missing the translite lift channel, and cabinet is scratched a bit, mostly at edges) but the boards seem to be in pretty good shape.

Ok here's the driver board, nothing caught my eye except the red wire connected from the extra power thing. I haven't had a second to inspect for broken traces but it generally seems ok. Not sure if the isolators on the speaker wires are normal, but that seems like a good idea in general.

Also there's an extra molex connector at the bottom of the wire bundle (see last pic) not sure if that's just extra or what... seems weird it's just sitting there, but I haven't found a partner to it underneath

IMG_1282 (resized).JPGIMG_1282 (resized).JPG
IMG_1283 (resized).JPGIMG_1283 (resized).JPG
IMG_1284 (resized).JPGIMG_1284 (resized).JPG
IMG_1285 (resized).JPGIMG_1285 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPGIMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_1287 (resized).JPGIMG_1287 (resized).JPG
IMG_1288 (resized).JPGIMG_1288 (resized).JPG
IMG_1289 (resized).JPGIMG_1289 (resized).JPG

#227 7 years ago

Thanks for the help, folks - this is my first WPC95 pin, my others are WPC89 so somewhat of a learning curve. I'm reading up on pinwiki though.

So I've got a replacement PF on the way and I'm reading about how the Creature lagoon plastic doesn't fit on replacement playfields - so does the Mirco play field have the lagoon cut to fit the original plastic? until my PF shows up I won't be able to try it. Really hoping I don't have to find one of those unobtanium pinbits ones.

#229 7 years ago

Taking the leap tonight.. hopefully no issues, or if there are, I'll try rob Kahr's daughter board ...

2 weeks later
#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A few questions... I have my MB tour down. Just added LED's, new Titan green rubbers, etc. I need to know where to get the side blades that most of you have on the MB and also where to get my monster figures painted. Thanks guys...

1) Sillyoldelf and 2) Modfather. You mail him your figures and he will paint them for (I think?) $99

That reminds me i need to order those blades. I'm sending my figures to a buddy I went to school with who does basically "horror art" and is a magician. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still sld be fixed correctly or u sld just leave it the way it is ......

So I haven't worked on the game for a couple weeks - finally got a chance today and removed that switching power supply, and cleaned up the power board. I have a string of lights on the BB that won't light (purple / white). Replaced the fuse (which was visibly broken) and still nothing works. Checked for bad caps- this game is newer so has the 0 ohm resistors. No problem there. No burns or scorches on power board. Checked the molex and reseated the pins, and switched the J105 and 106 plugs and SAME problem. Weird, but at least I think that means it's not the board. Any suggestions other than rewiring the bb? The molex cube seems (visually) ok.

Oh... and I removed the switching PS... played 5 or 6 fairly lengthy games... apparently there's no problem! Must have been low line voltage as was suggested.. woo!

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Anyone feeling this Monster Bash shirt?

Where'd you find that? That is killer!

4 weeks later
#259 7 years ago

Where does one find the black line Cliffy? Last I checked it was out of stock everywhere

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Contact cliffy at passion for pinball.

Thanks - I could have sworn I read on his site they were out, but Cliffy doesn't really do that, I must have been looking at Marco. Thanks BigD!

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just added pinsound board to mine last night

How's it sound?!

#263 7 years ago

It's always bugged me that the wolfman isn't represented in the game (despite the doctor and igor being on there, who aren't even in the band!)

Found the perfectly sized wolfman toy - just have to figure out how to secure him better

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Cool. Do you have a link where you bought it?

I found it by looking at - I swear - every single wolfman action figure on the internet. I finally found that one on Etsy (by the way, that place blows away Ebay for stuff like this). That was literally the only one that was roughly the right size and actually looked reasonably like the guy on the playfield. Most of the other possibilties were those Re-Action figures (too small IMO, bad sculpt) or these huge ones that wouldn't fit... or were $150 NIB.

I just looked again; mine was loose, but this one looks new: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Studios-Monsters-Wolfman-Figure/dp/B0000VMAWA

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I found it by looking at - I swear - every single wolfman action figure on the internet. I finally found that one on Etsy (by the way, that place blows away Ebay for stuff like this). That was literally the only one that was roughly the right size and actually looked reasonably like the guy on the playfield. Most of the other possibilties were those Re-Action figures (too small IMO, bad sculpt) or these huge ones that wouldn't fit... or were $150 NIB.
I just looked again; mine was loose, but this one looks new: amazon.com link »

Yep, that's it - it's made by Jakks Pacific, and is apparently about 10 years old. I just read that it originally came with an alternate set of hands and feet so you could make him Larry Talbot too, which is pretty cool! Does not come with drumsticks

another one for sale, basically same price: https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Monsters-2-Figure-Wolfman/dp/B0001GT2JI

#270 7 years ago

That's great! Did you make the Tesla coils (the bulb things at either end of the amps) or buy them somewhere?

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres a metal ring at the base that is supposed to keep them in place.....

Mine were both off the globe when I got the game - you have to remove the entire globe structure from the play field by removing the plastic at the base, then take the nuts off the 3 looooong screws. The metal disc is usually trapped between the top and middle plastics. It's kind of a pain, so put led flashers in there while you've got it out

3 weeks later
#283 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Is that the planked one that we were watching being done? It looks great.

I've been following that too, and every time I see it, I think "man that looks SO much better than the original!"

Put some FF speakers in mine not that long ago. I'm considering a pinsound in there just so I can throw Monster mash into the mix!

My DW sounds so much better in stereo too...

#286 7 years ago

Holy crap, there's 2 now?! Did you do that yourself?

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

G'day Bashers. Considering joining this club. I have two options, a really nice restored game complete with chrome trim, or a banged up EU import that will need the full treatment. Obviously there's a big difference in price. Prices on these babies have gone nuts.
My questions - are the replacement playfields of good quality? Are there any common parts that are difficult to buy? The banged up game will need the works - New PF, decals, everything. Any advice if I go down this road?
Decisions decisions........please help me make one!
Thanks.

The Mirco replacement playfields are pretty good - but really none are as good as the originals. The price will end up being about the same if you do an import vs just buy a good restored one. I'm in for about $7500 on a similar import (needed a new playfield) and took me a month to get it in fully working shape. It still needs a cabinet overhaul, playfield swap, etc.

I think the question comes down to whether you want to do the work yourself. If you don't enjoy it, buy the restore one. You're really not saving much money, and you'll end up with an original, preferable, playfield. (Just make sure it was CC'd when it was restored)

I know BigD will chime in on this and I know he thinks the restored is the better option

Decals aren't hard to find (but costly) and I believe mostly the parts that are hard to find are the PF toys. I've seen most of the other mechs available online. The boards are an important thing to have in very good shape too- mine needed some minor board work which I was not expecting to have to do.

1 month later
#297 7 years ago

Seriously! How did you get that thing so darn clean - unbelievable!! I am really excited about getting my new CC PF from Kruzman soon.... another month or so and I can install it.

2 months later
#303 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

At the beginning of the year, I acquired Mike D's MB- a beautiful example of the game.
Unfortunately, I'm getting an increasing amount of random resets (not happening when both flipper buttons are pressed); and occasionally the sound is cutting off during gameplay. Strangely, most often during Frankenstein multiball.
Would adding a Kahr daughterboard fix the reset issue? Any other suggestions on the random occasional sounds turning off?
Thanks for any advice on this.

The daughter board couldn't hurt as a stop-gap, but it sounds like you should have your board serviced. Frank multi ball does use a lot of power between the flashers, 2 motors, lots of DMD action... so it may just be a voltage issue but you may also have a weird short. Try Rob's board first but be prepared to send that driver board to coin-op cauldron or one of the other pros.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe wpc95 pins will reset if there is a miscommunication between the cpu and sound board. Hopefully someone with some first hand knowledge will jump in and help or maybe start a dedicated thread on this issue?

You can test this by re-seating that ribbon cable. Get a new one from Marco, they do go bad - but for the time being, you can pull it off carefully and reinsert it.

I've also had issues with my game where the ASIC chip is shorting out and I have to gently wiggle or pull it to align it properly. Scary as hell when that first happened.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

OK- thanks for the help with this guys. I will call my service guy on Monday and review all these suggestions.
Rdoyle: as I'm not technically inclined, where exactly is the ribbon cable which I need to re-seat? Or are there a few different ones I should be doing this with? Thanks!

Hey man-

There's a very short ribbon cable between the leftmost board ((cpu board) and the a/v board. The cable is about 4 or 5 inches long and it just connects from the right hand side of the cpu board to the left hand side of the a/v board.

I can't find a picture of the exact spot but here's roughly what the cable looks like

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/small_image/155x115/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/i/ribbon_5795-12653-03_mop.png

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Great, thanks again. I will take a look today and re-seat this cable.

Completely remove and replace it. Be real careful that you align it exactly on the pins - it's hard to see well in there, and it's easy to put the connector on there misaligned; I've done it at least once.

You may want to try a couple times - the connectors do just wear out and not make good connections or the pins get tarnished, so when you remove and reseat it sort of cleans em up. Be gentle but you can do it a couple of tjmes

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey Rdoyle, I removed and re-seated that exact ribbon cable a few times. Played a long game, including all the multiballs and didn't have a game reset.
Keeping my fingers crossed this has done the trick. Thanks again!
On a separate note, I noticed a mini 'jumper' of sorts attached to one of my boards. I've never seen this before in any other game. Not sure if it's for a mod or been attached by a previous owner. (The game was originally restored by Mike D).
I've attached a picture to see if any one knows what the purpose of this 'jumper' might be?

That's great!!! Thank bigd, he's the one who called it as a ribbon cable problem.

Those alligator clips definitely aren't stock. Which board is that? I don't have my MB open. Looks to me that the diode they are clipped to is bad, and whomever installed that didn't want to de-solder the diode. I've never seen that before; find out what that diode is for before you remove it

1 week later
#320 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright I am looking for some good topper ideas for my MB. Any suggestions?

I'm having an artist friend of mine make a Frankenstein machinery topper, like a jacob's ladder (using EL wire)

#324 6 years ago

There's also the Universal Monsters figures ...

IMG_1825 (resized).JPGIMG_1825 (resized).JPG

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Great taste! I just bought the original paintings for both of those
http://i.imgur.com/vrImGTn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EvDm133.jpg

What.

Where did these come up for sale?

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Whistles... I approached the owner. Wasn't going to wait for a public sale and possibly miss out.

?!?!?!? Lol well congrats. Was the owner a former WMS employee or a private owner?

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Brilliant work! I'm really jealous.

Just to clarify, this isn't the exact one; it's a similar idea

1 month later
#343 6 years ago

Why'd you do the swap? The old playfield doesn't look like it has very much wear? Just curious

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I find good quality decals at for my Monster Bash? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Try retrorefurbs, I got some a while back that are outstanding quality. Full color and crisp imaging with good dithering, whatever the material is they print it on it out of this world. If I recall correctly, they print it onto the same stuff they make those ginormous decals that go on airliners. Also incredibly easy to smooth wrinkles

1 week later
#353 6 years ago

I think they mastered the art of recording and equalizing the audio samples on Monster Bash. I've never played a cactus canyon in person, but I've got to imagine it's similar. You have to find a "sweet spot" in terms of what frequencies are recorded (as in, how much high end, how much low) so that when it's put on a chip and played back, it sounds as you intend it, and intelligible, etc. Even though it is pretty spot on nowadays, back then it was still kind of an art. AFM is not too bad but it doesn't seem as good as MB.

I'll tell you what is atrocious though - Doctor Who! I can't tell what the hell they are saying in that game, and I'm a fan! That's not WPC95 but is a perfect example of what NOT to do...

2 weeks later
#354 6 years ago

Slow news day around here.. here are some pics of my Ron Kruzman cleared and repaired playfield, hot off the presses! I will be doing the swap in December, looks like.

Also, a question:
I need to get my frank off the game to clean him up properly. The previous owner had stripped one of the Allen bolts so he is now stuck to the table mech. Any suggestions on getting that off?

IMG_2186 (resized).JPGIMG_2186 (resized).JPG

IMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Wow, beautiful playfield. With stripped screws or bolts you can usually apply some negative pressure and get them out while unscrewing. Like lifting up with a flat screwdriver.

I will try it! Poor frank...

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

carefully Dremel a slot and use a flathead screwdriver

That was my first thought too - but the bolt is inset in the frank body too far - I can't use the cutting wheel, it would dig into the figure

I was going to try the heat gun, on the chance that it would melt any gunk in there to make it easier to turn, but it seems too risky

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

exactly what I was going to suggest, also maybe a metric that is close in size as well.

Thanks guys - I am going to have to try something a little more dangerous I think - both great suggestions, unfortunately did not work. I am starting to wonder if I've got crappy tools here!

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Most times with this kind of problem is when using crappy tools first is that you sometimes ruin the fastner.

Right exactly - this one came to me like this - I only realised it when trying to get the figure off to clean and repaint him, and now I don't want to damage it

1 month later
#365 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Happy National Monster Bash Pinball Day!

Wait, what!? that's great Miss my MB, getting it back sunday...

1 week later
#366 6 years ago

Anybody know of a good adjustment for the right ramp so the ball isn't flying off the wire when it comes around too fast?

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Wow, talk about a coincidence! I was just going to ask that exact same question. Surely someone has cured this problem before and is willing to share. Thanks guys.

I know it’s a common issue; I thought my game was missing a plastic or something for a long time.. but it’s just how the game is. A friend of mine suggested maybe the ramp can be adjusted, I am looking at it now

#374 6 years ago

I’ll post a video - it is -rocketing- out of the wireform. Not every time, mind you

1 week later
#377 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I just created a thread on this, but thought I'd ask the question here as well .
Has anyone attempted or has fixed the typical wrinkle issue that MB cabs have? A friend recommended to use a blow dryer where the wrinkles are to heat the area up where I'd be able to smooth out the decals. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before, or, if someone has a different suggestion?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not sure that this problem is unique to MB but I was literally today talking with someone about how to address the wrinkling.

Yes a hair dryer or heat gun on LOW will help relax the decals a bit - the adhesive will melt and the decal itself will begin to heat up so you can smooth it over. You have to be incredibly judicious with the heat- too much and you destroy the decal irreversibly. Put the Heat on for 1 or 2 seconds, then see if it has started to soften. Try another 1-2 seconds. Don’t do too much at once

After you get it heated up, smooth it down gently with your finger, and work in very small sections. You’ll have it laying down nicely soon enough.

Then put the newer style metal cab protectors
On and throw away those plastic ones!

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Rdoyle, thanks so much for such a quick response! Appreciate the input! I guess the trick here is to go slowly. I wasn't sure if heating this area would be the best approach since it could melt the decals if you go to.close with the heat gun. I guess the best approach is to try the hair dryer first. Thanks again!

I do it with a heat gun on setting I or II, on its lowest setting is probdbly comparable to a hair dryer.

You know: “go slow” isn’t exactly the right way to put it - you want to get the heat on there quick and as soon as you see the vinyl start to change shape, remove it quick and gently use your finger to move the decal back flat. Takes a couple of applications but if it gets too hot, you can’t go backwards and the decal is wrecked. You are better off applying it in small bursts.

Remember the heat will be cumulative so the more times you apply it in a short period the hotter it will Be overall.

Also be careful with moving the decal too much - you will need to press it down but don’t pull it other than to smooth it down, it will rip in a microsecond.

2 weeks later
#381 6 years ago

Does anybody know what size the 2 screws that are used on Frank to screw him to the table? I just removed him and the screws are stripped so Iwant to replace them with new ones

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

New member here. Mine came in today. I bought a prototype. Supposedly #2. I played a couple balls on it but had to rush off to work. I noticed there is an EOS L flipper Switch error I will need to address. The switch looked good when I peaked through the coin door but won't register. The game is in really nice shape. I plan on putting mirror blades on it, some custom colored rubbers and pop bumper rings. I will post pics when it is done.

Consider the Sillyoldelf blades - they are PERFECTLY matched to the game art. What Color do you plan for the pop bumper rings?

1 week later
#386 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Looking for a light tub that goes in the backbox #03-9419-50065 Can't find it anywhere. Let me know if you have one laying around and would like to sell. Thx!

Were these ever remade? I’ve seen a number of threads about this in the past

2 weeks later
#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the phantom flip to start working? I reset the data when we got the machine a couple weeks ago. All switches work and the feature is enabled. I heard it sucks but would still like to see it work a few times.

It doesn’t suck, it’s just not perfect. It should just take 3 or 4 games to get working, but it needs a certain number of balls going down the inland and hitting a ramp successfully. If you have a couple crappy games it won’t work . But a couple WEEKS is quite a long time. You may have a bad eddy board; check your switches. There is an opto and a mag switch on both outlines. You need to use a ball and roll it down the inlane to the flipper to test the mag switch.

Also check your eddy boards both have LEDs indicating they are receiving power

#391 6 years ago

All right, apparently the LED is not supposed to stay on, so it sounds like that is goood.

Do you have any credit dots? This brief thread might be worth a read:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-pinbits-monster-bash-eddy-microcontroller

And there’s an improvement documented as well, as the Pinbits replacement boards are not always readily availAble.

The culprit might be the other switch on your inlanes; I can’t remember the name of it. I believe the eddy boards control the “flipper proximity switch” so it might be the other one

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

It took mine many games before phantom flip started working. I even removed the glass and rolled the pinball in the lanes to speed up the learning process.

Yeah, you have to have enough rolls down the inlane AND make a whole bunch of shots (various shots) before it will start working. If your switches register correctlly, it may just take some time

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Do the sillyoldelf blades come back up for sale regularly? Would like to purchase a set...

... he's got a shop... RIGHT here on pinside. Or you can PM him

1 week later
#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Well that doesn't make it easy!
So there are no markings or other indicators that it may be a repro?
I'm looking at a machine now, and pf is gorgeous, but can't tell if it's original. I personally prefer original restored.

If you can get the apron off, you can see the manufacture date on thE PF. Also, if you look at the right side ball guide around the creature lagoon plastic, and look at the playfield where the ballguide screws in. If the area around the screw hole is fully blue/purple, it is an IPB repro. If it’s got a little cutout in the purple where you can see bare wood, it’s either an original or a Mirco repro. The Mircos are really good so you’d need to see the date

The pic below is from an original, see where you see a bit of blue and wood in that little spot under the ball guide. This is all blue in the IPB repros

E24BE0B9-074F-4168-B835-189B30F8ED24 (resized).pngE24BE0B9-074F-4168-B835-189B30F8ED24 (resized).png

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Isn't the date generally on the end of the playfield (the bottom side) rather than the top of the pf itself? I know that is how it is on my TOM.
I saw the MB with the apron off, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't date on it. Does that indicate anything?

Those are
Comparing the IPB play field; there are newer Mirco repros which are much closer

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have some nice speaker grills for MB or SS
$49,- + 15$ shipping to usa
tom

Damn it I should have just ordered those from you ! Lol

1 month later
#416 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does anyone have any extra MB plastics for sale? I'm missing some on my MB..

Check little shop of games

#417 6 years ago

Anyone have recommendations on what to use to clean the figures? Mine are super dirty and I don't want to damage the paint. The bride and the doctor are particularly noticeable, given that they're white. Any suggestions beyond just repainting them?

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

how about dawn dishwashing liquid and a toothbrush.

I've tried OxyClean, Simple Green, and regular liquid hand soap... not much luck. tried with toothbrush and soaking them. they're still dirty looking! lol

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

That about having them handpainted? The figurines look so much better when they have been painted.

I agree, but I’m about to finish my restore and I was hoping to get something I could do myself. I’m not a great painter

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Going to be picking up my Monster Bash Wednesday so I'm in! Question: have any of you guys powder coated your armor? If so what color did you go with? I am thinking a deep purple or a purpley Blue. I also ordered a pair of mirror blades.

Congratulations! Mirror blades will look really good.

Purple is definitely a good option. Try to get a purple with the blue from the artwork mixed in, then it will complement the game better. I’m going for a hard black/iron industrial look on mine. Like the Kenneth Strickfader equipment. Made a topper out of 2 plasma balls!

#440 6 years ago

Can anybody help me out with a picture? I am trying to figure out what is underneath the Bride plastic. I am doing a PF swap and forgot to take a photo. Is it a long round metal post, or TWO of them? Or something else ?

Thanks!

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

There is just one round metal post that the bride mounts on to. It looks like a standard post that you would typically put a rubber sleeve on if it was out in the open. Other playfield openings under bride are 1 for lamp and 1 for her neck shaft.
Let me know if you need a better pic with the bride removed.

Thank You so much! I see there are 4 holes under her plastic; I see the bulb, the post hole
And the neck shaft hole - but there appears to be a place for a second post. Is that just unused?

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

You are correct, there is a second post. I should have left of the bride plastic to begin with. Here is a better picture for you.

Fantastic! That solves the mystery. Looks like t is just there for support, and the bride only attached to the middle post. That has been confusing me for 2 weeks!

#448 6 years ago

Great looking game! Consider yourself lucky to find one in such great shape!

Working on mine tomorrow..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-restore-mb

1 week later
#460 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I thought about these and considered them. But I wanted the topper to interact with the electrode flashers in the lab. And now I have the final piece to the puzzle and I intend to create the same topper scene as the artwork on the side of cabinet. Hopefully all the parts will arrive the end of this week.

I am literally assembling this exact thing with the plasma globes right now! Lol

Just waiting on a relay I found which has built-in USB ports. They run on 5v which I am powering separately. I may use Professor Pinball’s Pinduino to control it eventually, but the flashers work great via the relay.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Cool, you have to show us some pics when your done!

In about 10 days when I get home from Florida!!

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So since the backboard plastic is readily available I am thinking of using it as a backboard on the topper. I would place the Wolfman in front of the Mummy cutout in the plastic. I could light up the plastic with GI. What do you guys think? leave it as is or install the backboard?

I think that would be cool - I may try this as well since I did not install the backboard from my set of new plastics - too many rivets!

#477 6 years ago

DAMN. IT. Now I have to install a GIOCD in this game... arrgh!!

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Justpin:

Dear monsterbash clubmembers,
Does anybody have idea where I can buy this mummy coffin, or does somebody has a spare coffin that he wants to sell?

Never heard of
This seller nor bought from him,but:

http://www.caylegeorge.com/pinball/pin_sale/

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Justpin:

Thx for the link, but I contacted this guy half a year ago, and the item is no longer available.
So if somebody else has the golden lead to this quest, then you would make me a happy man

Damn!!! Sorry about that...

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

So, if MBr is really being made, why wouldnt this part be readily available?

Does CGC sell individual parts like that? Only PPS has the license to make this stuff so it may be a while

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I find it interesting that it's not available. (Actually surprised pps doesn't have more MB parts for sale.) I would think that if these parts are in a pile to go into remakes, PPS would grab a few to sell.
You can damn near build a CC from parts that PPS has in stock.

CC had a MUCH smaller run though didn’t it? MB was 3500 units or something; I’m sure there is a minimum number of parts to produce to make something profitable - the CC parts available are probably NOS from games that never got built. I don’t think they sell repro parts for CC

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The pics came out a little dark. It doesn't look this dark in person. I think it's from the lighting of the translate interfering with the phone camera.

Do you have a smartphone? You can tap on the screen where you want the picture to focus on and it will balance the light for you. Try taking it angled up closer to the ceiling so it minimizes how much of the translite is in the shot. Topper looks very cool from what I can tell!!

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Thanks I will give that a try. I have known for sometime that my phone is smarter than I am I just didnt know how to make it happen.

Thank my wife, she figures all this stuff out!

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok RDoyle I got it now. You will make a phone photographer out of me yet!

There we go!

1 week later
#501 6 years ago

To the right of the right ramp

F0FF6C78-09D7-46B4-A121-508707B14459 (resized).jpegF0FF6C78-09D7-46B4-A121-508707B14459 (resized).jpeg

#510 6 years ago

It's ALIIIIIIVE!!!
Finished this restore a few weeks ago but had the hardest time getting the pops to work.. Now just waiting on the special deep iron powdercoat legs/rails/lockbar

MB (resized).jpgMB (resized).jpg
MB2 (resized).jpgMB2 (resized).jpg

#511 6 years ago

assembling after my show on saturday night...

mbleg (resized).jpgmbleg (resized).jpg

mblockbar (resized).jpgmblockbar (resized).jpg

mblockbar2 (resized).jpgmblockbar2 (resized).jpg

mbspeakerpane (resized).jpgmbspeakerpane (resized).jpg

#512 5 years ago

Done!! We kicked ass Saturday night and I came home way late and finished:

Powdercoating by Robertstone0407

Awesome work. The color is an iron with hints of black - looks incredible, just like the original Kenneth Strickfaden Frankenstein props looked. Super deep in person, and the texture makes it pop

Speaker panel is also metal, full replacement.
New plastics, new playfield, figures repainted beautifully by modfather (who was gracious enough to make a couple of changes after I saw the first set)

7D81412C-1245-42BE-87F5-4DDE564A6869 (resized).jpeg7D81412C-1245-42BE-87F5-4DDE564A6869 (resized).jpeg

D68137BB-2FF6-4BE4-BFAD-8E3D2773A28F (resized).jpegD68137BB-2FF6-4BE4-BFAD-8E3D2773A28F (resized).jpeg

D675F241-C224-4D5F-AB5D-FCDE22FEAC4D (resized).jpegD675F241-C224-4D5F-AB5D-FCDE22FEAC4D (resized).jpeg

7D1AAD07-6A1F-400F-BEFB-A2776CA7EA08 (resized).jpeg7D1AAD07-6A1F-400F-BEFB-A2776CA7EA08 (resized).jpeg

CCC1A56D-45FD-4ADF-AECE-5D5DEB07F026 (resized).jpegCCC1A56D-45FD-4ADF-AECE-5D5DEB07F026 (resized).jpeg

5EDFEEA4-BFCB-4E9B-8A6B-0E5D18711B64 (resized).jpeg5EDFEEA4-BFCB-4E9B-8A6B-0E5D18711B64 (resized).jpeg

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I got to play one of these recently for the first time and it is so much fun! I keep going back to the arcade it’s at because I can’t get enough! The one I’ve been playing has a pretty banged up playfield though. Curious, if I’m ever lucky enough to own one, what do these typically go for?

There are several in the market for $8500 or so. There is speculation it may be remade fairly soon, so the prices have lowered a bit (yes they were WAY higher before)

#517 5 years ago

Thanks guys, it’s almost been 2 years! The rebuild took me 6 months for the playfield (cleared and fixed by Ron Kruzman) and the rebuild took me another 3 months, plus time for the powdercoat and the figures, at least a couple more weeks. And I’m happy to report the game is still fun as hell!!

Here are a couple more of the amazing looking PF. The clear is so thick (and super hard) it looks like glass.

0157062F-8C2B-4B48-96BE-14FA73614E73 (resized).jpeg0157062F-8C2B-4B48-96BE-14FA73614E73 (resized).jpeg

F840AC61-62CB-404E-849C-8BB82459E049 (resized).jpegF840AC61-62CB-404E-849C-8BB82459E049 (resized).jpeg

D3D65256-7456-4353-903E-125EF380CC05 (resized).jpegD3D65256-7456-4353-903E-125EF380CC05 (resized).jpeg

DDF6A723-1B63-4208-80D8-FCBEED5F1D1C (resized).jpegDDF6A723-1B63-4208-80D8-FCBEED5F1D1C (resized).jpeg

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

What's the technique regarding the lock down bar. It looks like the red part is cut in?

It’s powdercoated - special technique by Robertstone0407 who does all my machines

It’s not cut in exactly but is really thick so you can feel the texture between the different colors. The red is about 1/16” lower if they makes sense.

DF95321E-5524-4744-A3B0-0A99CBA3BDDB (resized).jpegDF95321E-5524-4744-A3B0-0A99CBA3BDDB (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Did a quick search on the thread and trying to figure out intermittent switches on the wolfman orbits. Both sides. Happens most often on the left. Most of the time not registering at all.
In test mode, switches register by ball and finger banging, but in play, only register intermittently and some plays, not at all. Also when testing it only registers the correct switch, it's not activating any others.
Any guesses as to what could cause this?

When you test with the ball, are you using your hand to throw the ball around, or are you launching it with the flipper? It took me a while to learn you actually need to shoot the ball, not just throw it around

#527 5 years ago

Has anybody tried a PinSound on MB? Or any WPC95 game for that matter? I’m thinking about going stereo

1 month later
#536 5 years ago

I have played the existing remakes and they are very well made, but nothing beats an original! Add the LEDOCD board and Pinbits
Blackout or GIOCD, Flipper Fidelity and you are off to the races!!

4 months later
#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

I'm curious about putting in a color display.
I like the look of the cartoonish look (solid colors) versus the original dots look.
Do all color DMDs do both?
Where should I buy one?

The best (only?) place to buy a colordmd is at colordmd.com

Yes it can do both the solid colours or dots, or big dots, etc. I prefer the look of the dmd in black & white but you can do the full colour thing too. Or choose blue/ red/ white/ etc.

1 month later
#548 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm about the join the club. I'm always a fan of the original rather than the remake even though the price I paid was similar to the remake classic. Any mod recommendations apart from color DMD?

I’m still shocked by this, but there just aren’t many mods for this game. I do highly recommend the Lermods trough light. Looks AMAZING. The blue colour LEDs look like w black light and light the bottom of the pf perfectly.

There is also a Wolfman action figure of the right scale that can be found on eBay.

I’ve been checking the Munsters mod thread as well, as there’s a lot of crossover there. The Frankenstein flasher covers in particular would look good..

2 weeks later
#554 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I bought some side art and gone glow titan runbers with purple flippers and bright lights button lights
On another subject.....,
I have to say for a top 3 pin this club thread is very light on at 11 pages when other games have over 100 pages in the club thread

Far less owners than most
Games - plus there somehow aren't a ton of mods. I second the trough light - blue looks great as well, kind of
Gives a black light effect on the green ink

1 week later
#557 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Hey, Could someone with an original MB with a real knocker post what version(s) they're using?

1.06 here

2 weeks later
#559 5 years ago

Bumping this awesome game club with my (last time today I promise) pics of my topper in progress:

Paint and lights to come..

295F9D1D-0D41-4758-801B-1084742AE8CC (resized).jpeg295F9D1D-0D41-4758-801B-1084742AE8CC (resized).jpegD8326295-5E28-4E59-ACC3-A1EEAE39D986 (resized).jpegD8326295-5E28-4E59-ACC3-A1EEAE39D986 (resized).jpeg
#561 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Very Cool love to see it in action.

Probably at least a week or two away on that. lots going on lately!

3 months later
#565 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I had a problem with my MB and I thought it would be important to post about it just in case it happens to someone else.
Smelled something burning in the game room. Discovered it was coming from MB. The game was on so I pressed the start button. No ball ejected in to the trough but the game started. Opened the coin door and tried to manually eject the ball and discovered the eject solenoid plunger would not move. Turned off the game tilted the pf and removed the eject coil. The coil had a meltdown probably due to locking on. "most likely the transistor (tip 102) failed and shorted locking on the eject solenoid. I pulled the driver board and noticed that Q68 had been replaced before. Hmmm... So I replaced Q68 with a TIP 120 (takes a bit more current) reinstalled the board. I didn't have an AE-1500 coil for the eject solenoid. I did have a Bally AP 27-1300 so I threw that one in there to get me by. It worked just fine and yes the TIP 102 was culprit. I decided that since I have a really nice low play original game that I wanted to be a purist and see if I could find an original Williams AE-1500. I found an AE1-1500 on Ebay NOS. Hmmm... whats the difference? The AE1-1500 has diodes! AH that would help protect the transistor. (reverse current) The AE1-1500 was used in the Pinball 2000 games. So with the improvements I am hoping that I won't see this problems again.

Holy crap! Not the post I expected to see!

1 month later
#569 4 years ago

He moves slowly initially when exiting the coffin, to match the DMD, but during actual play he should move faster. Test mode isn’t an exact demonstration of speed while in a game

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

After I realized mine was moving slowly. I changed the grease in the gearbox, it was like thick honey. Problem solved.

What did you replace it with?

1 month later
#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

I agree with that solution, but I find it so annoying that I buy a new (better) item from Marco Specialities for over 70$ and have to rework it, for it to work properly! I've contacted Marco, so I'll wait to see how they react before passing judgement.
Thanks for the feedback.
Goz

Not sure why you’re coming to this conclusion. I have the Mantis scoop and it works perfectly.

#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Rdoyle1978 - Does your Mantis not exhibit the same problem as per my two photos above?
Thanks,
Goz

Absolutely not. I do have the Mantis protector also installed, but I do not believe that is a factor. It does seem that your scoop sits too high from the playfield. When I did my restore I seem to recall mine had 2 sets of washers underneath (4total) which forced it to sit a bit lower. Perhaps this is why

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Having spoken to Mantis, that is the only workable solution. They weren't able to help me further (as the scoop was bought 7 years ago - yes my restoration has taken that long!).
Just for the record, there will be similar Mantis Monster Bash scoops out in the wild exhibiting the same problem as mine, which the owners will then have to adapt themselves, if they haven't done so already.
Good luck!
Goz.

Something is off, Goz - there have never been any other reports of this. Monster Bash has several well-documented design flaws (Dracula's feet!) Have you measured compared to an original scoop?

3 months later
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

For my information, has anyone made a pinsound re-orchestration yet, using the hi-definition sounds and music, which can be extracted from the game code for MB Remake?
I extracted the sounds, just to have them when I need them, but I'm sure someone else has already thought of it, or maybe even done it

What makes you think the remake somehow has higher fidelity audio than the original?

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

In the new machines storage space and sound processing capabilities are multifold of back in 1998 and everything would have been remastered to higher quality for that reason...

One way or another, the sound assetts and music I extracted from the CGC code are crystal clear and NO comparison to the original sounds as it is heard on my original MB. That is also in line with my experience playing both machines one direct after the other, the Remake being first. The remake LOOKS and SOUNDS much better, but the original PLAYS better to my personal perception.
What makes you think the CGC Remake wouldn't have higher qulity audio assetts?

Because I know the original source audio is not available to be remastered. I think you are hearing perhaps better speakers. Perception bias is a real phenomenon The assets themselves are played directly from the original ROMs, which are emulated in these games.

Anyway, don't let me stop you - PinSound is going to increase the perceived audio quality since you can dial in the bass and treble settings, and if you increase the cabinet volume you'll get some good bass!

1 month later
#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was wondering the same thing.
I have a vinyl cutter and was eventually planning on creating a mylar for it... but I haven't progressed more than "I should do this" phase.

You should do this ! I’d pay $15

2 weeks later
#665 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Nope. 100% custom. I designed them and 3d printed them.

I really like the crazy looking base you made for the one in the photo. You should share those!

2 months later
#695 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

So, It's Alive!!! absolutely loving it. Couple of tweaks to go. Here are some pics. My take on a "Classic Edition" !![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap... where can I get that translite!? That is an amazing looking machine

4 months later
#742 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

I'm helping a buddy with his MB. One of the drac mounting bolts is slightly raised on the playfield. My question is, how do you lower one? Is it just pressure fit and you can hammer it down (carefully) or is it threaded in? Thanks!
D.

Don’t hammer it - you could potentially crack the clearcoat or worse. Take the mech off the bolts, and attach a big washer (Several is better) to the bolt in question, and tighten the nut down until it’s flush. Be REAL careful, because if there’s not enough clearance under the bolt (which is tough to tell), you can snap the bolt off. I’ve done it twice -

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

This is what I thought. And if you break it off, you're f'ed?
D.

Well, then you’re hammering it out from underneath and replacing it, which means removing a lot of stuff from under the playfield.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Already getting better...
[quoted image]

Now do the double-size LED!

3 months later
#772 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone done a custom paint job on their MB figures? Would love to see some examples as I’m about to do mine

I had Modfather do mine. Outstanding job!

4 months later
#795 2 years ago

Really miss my MB! It's been in storage for over a year... soon it will be Alive Again!!

1 month later
#806 2 years ago

It’s also used on the underside of the Drac plastic with the big eyeball. Not sure if its a ball trap thing or what

2 months later
#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Has anyone ever tried to see if modern Stern side rails/armor will fit on their MB? I'm removing my side rails (full restore, new sideart and playfield) and would love it if I could use side armor from Munsters or Batman 66. I'm getting it all powder coated the same color so color match wouldn't be an issue.
[quoted image]

I don’t know the answer to this but verify verify verify before you buy; most of the Stern stuff does not fit B/W games

5 months later
#852 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Yes it is. It's a secret skill shot, AfM does it as well. Gate should open on some Wolfman shots if I'm remembering correctly.

That's right - the Gate opens when you start Wolfman mode so you can do the full loop. It closes when you hit the final loop shot, as soon as the ball rolls over the switch

1 month later
#870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Well today I did a overdue project on my MB that I have had for many years and just didn't do it due to height restrictions in my game room. Just recently moved into a new home and my game room has a very high ceiling. Bought this Monster Jackpots sign and installed it today. Turned out amazing!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is incredibly awesome - is it from a slot machine? Where did you find it?

#872 2 years ago

Yes, its from a slot machine. Found it off Ebay a number of years ago.
I have "slot topper" as one of my informed Ebay email requests thats sent to me daily. You never know what pops up that would look cool as a pinball topper.
Have the one for the TZ too. Didn't get that one off Ebay, but from a Pinsider here. Was looking for this one for years. Really like the animations that this one does.
Recently did pickup Monopoly topper(s) I think 4 of them for a great deal even though I don't own that title. There brand new in boxes. Will make stands for them (keep 1) and sell the other 3.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, I am setting up that alert right now. I have rarely seen a more perfect MB topper. And obviously the IGT TZ one is a classic.

1 week later
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Can someone please post an original MB with a knocker installed? I dont know what to wire it to.

Mine had a 2-pin molex connector just hanging at the top of the backbox that I was able to connect it to. Then in the menu there's an "unused" coil which you set to On.

2 months later
#888 1 year ago
Quoted from Emanuel:

Hello! I bought my first EVO Pin2DMD for Williams Monster Bash but after installing it I noticed I only see 4 colours. I understand i need a .pal and .fsq files to be able to have full colorization. Can someone please help me?
Thanks!

You will need to go to the site (not Pinside) where Pin2DMD colorizations are done: https://vpuniverse.com/forums/

Create an account, Find the Monster Bash thread there, and PM the person who did the colorization (his name escapes me). You will need a Pin2DMD file for a physical machine. Most of the colorization files you find there are for Virtual Pinball (VP9/VPX) use, and will not work in a real machine. He will ask for a donation, so be prepared for that (it's small), and there are some simple instructions. The MB colorization is VERY well done, and these take hours and hours and HOURs of work. I tried to start one for Doctor Who, and gave up after 100 hours and only 1 or 2 moments actually colorized.

1 month later
#894 1 year ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

I'm looking for feedback regarding adding a pinsound board...Is it worth it? I am not very impressed with the sound from the original board, even when hooked up to a 10" sub. Thanks

Depends on your budget. The PinSound stuff gets REALLY expensive, very quickly. There's not a huge upside for this particular game in adding a Pinsound board , unless you want ALL the bells & whistles. Yes, it will allow you to (kind of) control the volume difference between the backbox and cabinet, and pump up the cabinet volume which does help quite a bit, but the audio itself will be unchanged You can get the same end result by adding a Flipper Fidelity set, or (for more $$) a PinWoofer.

That said, If you're interested in replacing some of the callouts with other stuff (clips from Frankenstein / Dracula films?), then Pinsound will help with that. If your A/V board dies, and you buy an additional run-of-the-mill DMD controller board, the Pinsound will let you ditch the A/V board. So there's definitely some benefit there.

Anyway, my point is you have a couple of options, and the PinSound board is a bit overkill if you really just want some more bass in the mix.

4 weeks later
#896 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Question about mrs_mezelmods "Frank's Table":
I ordered this thing the other day and tried installing it in my original MB on the original unmodified table. However, it doesn't fit. There is a pivot point, when placing it on the table assembly and the images show why. The mod does not account for the lower welded part on the metal assembly and therefore will not sit flush.
The green circle shows the grove accounting for the top weld. The red circles show the missing groves for the lower weld.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Has anyone installed this mod and encountered the same thing? Do I have a fraudulent part? OR did nobody except for me actually notice this and everyone just brute force stuck it down regardless?
This video by another owner clearly shows that his mod is sitting flush:

Also responded in the other thread you posted this in. You will need to do some minor cutting on the table; the original table is different than the remake. I seem to recall cutting some of the underside of the table mod, as you pointed out. It was not very hard using a Dremel cutting wheel on medium.

Also note the video you posted is for a remake, which this mod fits fine in. Not a lot of people have an original MB so I’m not shocked this hasn’t come up much before.

This table mod is probably the best mod out there for MB. I was always disappointed in the lack of
Mods for this game - but Mezelmods came through with this beauty.

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods/products/monster-bash-pinball-franks-table
Here they say "The production model has a slight variation in wood planks to fit in MB original."
This gave me the confidence to buy this. mrs_mezelmods has already responded to my support request, and I am sure they will find a solution and adapt their design for the future.

They are the best. Glad to hear it

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

A couple of noob questions from a new owner of a Williams:
1. ROMs are revision 1.06, & is not free play-only. I understand that there's a home version (free play only), & a Williams beta version. Is there a preferred version or resource to learn about the different revs?
2. Is GI OCD recommended? All of my GIs are LEDs. I haven't come across any modes where the game's attempted dimming results in awful flickering. (I put a GI OCD into my Cirqus Voltaire, where it made an enormous improvement to fix the light show.)
Thanks,
-Jason

1) there's almost no difference between the versions - 1.06 has a couple extra callouts, if I recall correctly, differences in the 2nd/3rd times the callouts happen (e.g. if you start Frank multiball the 2nd time the doc says his stuff it's usually different)

2) Highly recommended to get GI OCD, it makes the pops dimming during mummy and (I think?) wolfman modes - very noticeable

#907 1 year ago

I bought this one that came off an IGT slot machine. It's animated, might be a bit big, but I like it. Do some research, but I bought it off Ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really really love this one

1 month later
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from rx3:

It just seems too overwhelming, IMO. If you could dim it with a trimpot, or something, and direct it more at the monsters faces, I think it would look better. Regardless, very cool topper.

If he adds a smaller LED strip or handful of spotlights the backlighting will look awesome!

2 months later
#941 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

And why is that? I paid 4500 EUR for mine in 2020. Invested a lot more into it after. I now have what I wanted - a now perfect over-the-top original, which will always remain repairable. Why to be secretive about it, if someone asks out of genuine curiosity. The only reasons I could see is paranoia or unwillingness to expose themselves to unqualified opinions about it, like "You are a dumbass because you paid too much". Send a PM then. Or don't. Whatever. It's not like it was more than mere curiosity about price levels for a machine condition similar to mine two years ago.
For me this seems like not having the guts to be challenged regarding your willingness to pay. So that's an unqualified opinion I have now. So, regardless, what you say, opinions will always be there. And again - who really cares?

That’s about what I paid back in 2017 or so. Cargo shipped from the Netherlands, was stuck in NYC shipping terminal for like a month, thought I’d been scammed!

The playfield was 100% trashed. Scoop hole looked like someone had taken a chainsaw to it. Power driver board had a couple of bad TP101s and some other stuff I had to fix. One Kruzman-cleared playfield, swap, powder coat and cabinet refinish later - and I’ve got a perfect machine. Dropped a bunch of money on it right before the remake came out, but I still prefer my original.

6 months later
#957 8 months ago
Quoted from radium:

^^^ Still looking for wood rails, just need a few measurements!
Need teardown pictures also... please PM me if you have some!

mbelofsky do you still have the photos from your website? Those were invaluable for my playfield swap

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.