IMG_20230110_213133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

Anyone know the part or part number for the wire shaft that connects to the spinner, drops below the the playfield and actuates the switch? Looks like mine is missing so the number of spins isn't registering.

A-19308 is the blank spinner target (spinner with wire). It is used in Circus Voltaire, Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Road Show, Theatre of Magic and Who Dunnit. I'm not aware of anyone having this in stock and is hard to find.

A-22268 is the entire MB spinner assembly but not aware of anyone having this either. Not sure if the MB Remake uses an identical spinner and whether it can be substituted but that could be worth looking into or otherwise trying to pick up a spinner from a parted out machine (any of the above games would be suitable and then you just need to stick on the MB spinner decal) - this is what I had to do.

spinner (resized).pngspinner (resized).png
#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for my auto Eddy boards? One of mine seems to be broken...
Pinbits and the usual suspects are out of stock.

Tangles has them in stock - I have them in my MB and works a treat

https://www.tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board-Monster-Bash--a-re-designed-“Eddy”-proximity-detector_p_37.html

3 weeks later
#666 4 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

hi every one, i have a question does someone know where to find the spinner it's sold out every where
i'm ok to buy a second hand one.
Thanks for any info
Stef

When I was looking to fix mine (pre-MBr) no one had replacements either but I was able to source a spinner from a different parted machine that used the same spinner (A-19308) - it is used in CV, MB, NGG, RS, ToM, WD

I assume that the MBr would use a similar spinner, just not sure whether you could get one of those or whether it'd fit an original spinner assembly.

Hope this helps

#668 4 years ago

Yes and it is the same - so works for the 6 original B/W plus the new MBr. Glad to see this back avialable

2 months later
#687 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

New owner checking in! Did a arcade game trade for this beautiful example. Mainly untouched. Story I got was an operator vended it very lightly then kept it in his home till it moved around into a few collectors hands. Has the ColorDMD and a few LED's. I'll probably add sunbrite frosted LED's throughout with a little color here and there. Don't worry I won't clown puke it!
I think the mummy did not open when I got the mummy so I'll have to look into that. Just picked it up last night so I haven't spent much time on it yet. Just taking in that new pinball freshness and looking it over. Anything typical of this title I need to look for? Other than the mummy not opening up, seems to work perfect. The play field is in amazing condition. Did they clear these different? Seems original from looking underneath but the top side is really nice all over. Unless it truly has low plays on it? Other then colorDMD is there a must mod to have? I think it will look great next to my CFTBL
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that playfield looks in fantastic condition - no insert wear on the instruments, no damage on the drac track, the cliffy maybe covering some wear but from the rest of the playfield I doubt it. One thing I would do is to replace the blue plastic leg protectors as they will cause decal wrinkles or tears, the metal leg protectors are the way to go. Congrats - you've got yourself an amazing pin!!!

#691 3 years ago

Thanks! I think someone clear coated this PF when new or just super low plays. Inside the backbox is really nice and clean as well. Those leg protectors came with it. Some mild wrinkling around the legs but maybe that's why they were added at some point. I guess the metal protectors don't hurt the art work as much?

Leaving the plastic leg protectors on may end up causing more wrinkling. My advice is to get some metal leg protectors (screw them on and cut the decal around the edge of the protector, remove the cut decal from under the metal protector). You can also try removing some of the wrinkling by lightly heating with a hair dryer and working them out. If you like the look of the blue plastic protector or need to cover some of the wrinkles you can put them over the top of the metal protectors - but now they will slightly stand off from the decal and not cause any more wrinkling.

1 month later
#707 3 years ago

Question, my MB is rebooting whenI first fire it up. The first few games you'll play a little and the game reboots. I'm thinking caps? One way to make it happen is multi ball or hitting both flippers at the same time. Good place to get a rebuild kit for it? I see Marco sells one.

This sounds like a 5v reset which is a common error on WPC & WPC95 machines and is well documented.

A quick (temporary) fix is to use a Kahr board https://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

However if you want to troubleshoot and address the issue (which it sounds like you do) then the below will help - the majority of the below is word-for-word from "Repairing Williams/Bally WPC Pinball Games from 1990 to 1999" but it has some additional comments on pin pointing the problem that I found most useful. It's basic troubleshooting but broken down into the steps and well explained.

"+5 volts DC: TP2 (TP101 on WPC95). Should be 4.92 to 5.1 volts DC. If this is below 4.92 volts, the game will most certainly reset easily, as this is the voltage the "reset watchdog" examines. Often the problem is bridge rectifier BR2 (diodes D7-D10 on WPC95) and the related filter capacitor C5 (C9 on WPC95). Sometimes it could also be the +5 volt voltage regulator is failing (Q1 LM323K or LM317 on WPC95). Or it's very common for the input connector (J101 or J129 wpc95) or 5 volt to CPU board output connector (J114 or J101 wpc95) on the driver board. At this point do NOT remove/reseat the connectors!
This is very important. Removing or reseating the connectors will make finding the actual problem nearly impossible. So don't touch them yet!
Check for +5 volts on the CPU board. Yes I know, you checked the +5 on the driver board TP test point. But there are *two* connectors (or sometimes a third/fourth "Z" conector too) that go from the driver board to the CPU board. If these connector(s) are having problems, the +5 volts will be lower on the CPU board than it is on the driver board. The best place to test for +5 on the CPU board is right at the CPU board game EPROM pin 32 (the last pin). If the CPU board's +5 volts is even just a bit lower than the Driver board's Test Point +5 volts, that means the connector(s) between these two boards need to be re-pin'ed with new Trifurcon connector pins. This is very common and just re-pin'ing these two connectors can fix a lot of reset problems (without having to change any driver board parts).
Next reseat the right side driver board connectors J101. Power up and re-test the +5 volts on the driver board Test Point. If the voltage has gone up, then the input connector J101 is bad. Repin this connector with new Trifurcon connector pins. If it's the original connector (IDC), you will have to replace the connector housing too.
Recheck the voltage on the CPU board at the game ROM pin 32. Now reseat driver board connector J114 (J101 on wpc95) at the lower left. Recheck the CPU board +5 volts at game ROM pin 32. If the voltage has gone up, connector J114 needs to be replaced. Repeat this procedure for CPU board connector J210, and then repeat with the "Z" connector (if the game has one). Again if voltage changes after a connector reseat, the connector MUST be repinned with new Trifurcon connector pins. (And wire brush the male connector pins or replace them too.)
If the CPU and Driver board +5 volts are very close to each other and are 4.92 volts DC or higher, try this. Remove driver board +5/12 volt connectors J114 (power to CPU board), J116 (cabinet), J117 (backbox), J118 (playfield), and measure the 5 volts at TP2 on the driver board (on WPC95 connectors J101, J139, J138, J140/J141 respectively). If you still below 4.92 volts, BR2/C5/C4/LM323K regulator are the likely culprits. If the +5 volts goes up with these four connectors removed, one of the other boards/devices is dragging the +5 volts down. Replace the connectors one at a time to try and find the culprit."

1 month later
#724 3 years ago

Great pickup - nice PF!

Here's some ideas for making the game harder
- In settings under utilities, set U9 Presets to Install Extra Hard (this will turn off ball save, no Frankenstein body parts or Dracula letters are given at the start of the game, and the timers for Drac Attack and Ball & Chain are reduced)
- Turn off extra balls
- Also open up your outlanes to max and if wanting to you can remove the rubbers off the outlane posts as well

3 months later
#767 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Okay wondering if anyone else has seen this... when you trigger the trough 4 opto on my MB the whole switch matr :thinking:ix lights up. When all 4 balls are sitting in the trough I get a row 1 short and a row 6 short. When the trough is empty or there are just balls in spots 1 - 3 everything is fine.

Not seen this sort of issue before ... maybe time for another coffee

If you do solve it please post what it was as I'm interested to know

4 months later
#782 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Hey MB fans not sure if this is the right section to post this inquiry, but her goes... I’m pretty new to the hobby, just picked up a really clean all original MB pin. However it didn’t come with the original apron cards, including directions and pricing cards. Please let me know if there is somewhere I might look to find some originals or reproductions. Thanks in advance for your time and any leads you might have! - Anthony
[quoted image]

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Williams/Williams_Monster_Bash_instruction_cards.zip

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Bally/Bally_Williams_Price_cards.zip

2 months later
#804 2 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
So … this is embarrassing (lol)! I did a playfield swap very slowly over the last few months. When I removed the old playfield - I noticed that two really small black stand-offs had broken “tabs” (smaller than all the other black stand offs). So, to be proactive I purchased two new ones for when I needed to put all the parts back on.
Somehow many of the copious photos I took along the way are now lost so … where the HELL do these two small tiny spacer things go!????
Thanks a ton for the help.
Chris [quoted image][quoted image]

If you know their part number or size, you'll be able to find them in the MB parts list (from ipdb.org) which will then show you which assembly they are used in. Hopefully that'll be enough to figure out where they go or someone will then be able to take some pics of the assembly in question.

2 months later
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeon:

Does anyone know what the default A.2 "Ball saves" and "Ball save time" settings are? The manual doesn't indicate the default values.

My game says the factory settings are Off and 3 respectively

3 months later
#823 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Looking for these IDC wedge base lamp sockets with diode, for Junk Yard machine. These go in the translite housing assembly. I think it is same as MB. The corrosion keeps getting worse and lights do not work sometimes. I would like to buy some. New or use is good, does not matter. Can anyone help locate these. I need 5 white ones with diode, and one black one, no diode. The black one with a cable tie on it is close. But does not fit. That is from macos.
LAMP SOCKET - WEDGE BASE#24-8818IDC lamp socket used in System 11 and newer pinball machines. Reference: 24-8818
Help please!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this what you are looking for?

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/lamp-socket-p-2189.html?_route_=lamp-socket-p-2189.html
https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Light-Bulbs-and-Sockets/Sockets-Lightbulb-sleeves/lampsocket-wedgebase-for-backbox-williams-system-11-and-wpc-old.html?language=en

2 weeks later
#830 2 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Hi, can shaker be added to 1998 Williams MB? thanks

http://www.pinshakers.com/ makes a shaker that is compatible with WPC95 games including MB

1 month later
1 week later
#862 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

I might be confusing it with AfM, my bad.

Think MB would really benefit in having a skill shot though - they did it for AFM and MM … and maybe some others as well

8 months later
#917 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

What am I missing here? Skinny post? Star post?
It doesn't seem to be critical--I just noticed it after several months of ownership.
The Sphinx plastic was sometimes getting out of whack, probably b/c I'm missing something that protects it.
Thanks,
-Jason
[quoted image]

A star post

058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.