IMG_20230110_213133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 6 years ago

At the beginning of the year, I acquired Mike D's MB- a beautiful example of the game.
Unfortunately, I'm getting an increasing amount of random resets (not happening when both flipper buttons are pressed); and occasionally the sound is cutting off during gameplay. Strangely, most often during Frankenstein multiball.

Would adding a Kahr daughterboard fix the reset issue? Any other suggestions on the random occasional sounds turning off?

Thanks for any advice on this.

#304 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like this may not be an easy fix. I'll get in my regular tech guy to get some further analysis.

#306 6 years ago

Bigd, if it's an issue in the sound board or ribbon cable, could this explain both the game resets and the sound cutting off at random times?
Unfortunately, I'm not technically able to fix this myself, should I instruct my technician to being along any specific parts/boards in advance?
Much appreciated.

#309 6 years ago

OK- thanks for the help with this guys. I will call my service guy on Monday and review all these suggestions.
Rdoyle: as I'm not technically inclined, where exactly is the ribbon cable which I need to re-seat? Or are there a few different ones I should be doing this with? Thanks!

#311 6 years ago

Great, thanks again. I will take a look today and re-seat this cable.

#314 6 years ago

Hey Rdoyle, I removed and re-seated that exact ribbon cable a few times. Played a long game, including all the multiballs and didn't have a game reset.
Keeping my fingers crossed this has done the trick. Thanks again!

On a separate note, I noticed a mini 'jumper' of sorts attached to one of my boards. I've never seen this before in any other game. Not sure if it's for a mod or been attached by a previous owner. (The game was originally restored by Mike D).

I've attached a picture to see if any one knows what the purpose of this 'jumper' might be?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#316 6 years ago

Rdoyle, I won't touch those alligator clips until my service guy checks them out as well as the diode (not sure which board they've been attached to). I didn't think they were stock but perhaps added for a mod.
Thanks to Bigd as well for the ribbon cable suggestion.
Appreciate the help!

1 year later
#538 5 years ago

Hey guys, I’ve noticed recently that my Frank is going down very slowly at the beginning of Frank multiball ball.
When the multiball song sequence ends and the ball gets released to the right flipper, Frank still hasn’t dropped all the way down. Ay the end of the multi ball or on second chance he still seems to move slowly back up.
Could this be an issue with either the gears or the motor?
Do the motors start to fail or malfunction over time?
Everything works properly in tests as well.
All seems fine under the pf- with no loose wires and no dirt/gunk in the gears.
Thanks for any suggestions.

#541 5 years ago

Thanks for your response hlaj78. I checked and the spring & cogs are all good.

Lloyd had also sent a pm advising I re-seat the motor connector and add a bit of oil to the metal linkage parts. I did this and success!
Following which I ran a bunch of tests and Frank seems to be dropping down normally and much quicker.
Love this pin.

4 years later
#976 6 months ago

Greetings, looking for some help with my MB.
In trying to fix my upper right gate closed error, I noticed a small plastic piece sitting at the back of my pf. Fallen off from somewhere.
Would really appreciate it if anyone can post a picture of their pf with that plastic?
Thanks!

IMG_0022 (resized).jpegIMG_0022 (resized).jpegIMG_0023 (resized).jpegIMG_0023 (resized).jpeg
#977 6 months ago

Sorry guys- just found where it goes on the top right loop.
I think it just presses down onto the two white nubs- not all that securely.

#978 6 months ago

Do any of you have suggestions or pics to show how to attach the bottom small spring on the upper right Gate Assembly below the pf?

On the gate assembly under the pf, one spring is still attached to the upper gate; but the lower spring which attaches on the assembly under the pf has entirely come undone.
I located the gate assembly instructions in the manual; but it doesn’t show how or where exactly to connect the lower spring back on. It’s a really tight space as well.
Really appreciate if any owners have a pic to show where to connect the spring?
Thanks!

#979 6 months ago

Hello again owners, sorry for all the posts.
I am still getting a ‘Right Gate Stuck Closed’ error.
I was able to attach the spring on the gate assembly, I believe correctly.
In Wolfman mode, the right gate still stays closed.
It also doesn’t actuate in solenoid test- could this mean a bad coil or does anyone have other suggestions?
Appreciate any assistance!

#981 6 months ago

Thanks for your input. I have tested all the rollover switches in the loop which all seem to test fine, both manually and with a ball rolling over them.
There are no switches in either of the gates that I can see.

Springs seem all attached underneath the pf. I can manually activate both gates with my hand.
I also checked the wiring & connectors under the pf by the right gate assembly.
Everything seems to check out fine but I’m still getting the same Right Gate Stuck Closed error. Wondering if it’s the coil at this point?
Thanks!

#985 6 months ago

Thanks guys, checked out all the wires & no breaks by any of the coils & reseated all the connectors. Still receiving same error. Think it’s time to replace the right gate coil.

#987 6 months ago

@rx3: Thanks for your input.
It's a bit odd that the right gate just stopped suddenly working. I hadn't touched the existing springs; but I did re-attach one of them which is secured quite tightly. I have spent a number of hours trouble shooting this, including with Lloyd's assistance.
I'm going to have a tech swing by to take a look, replace the springs if need be and possibly replace the coil at the same time if necessary.

#990 6 months ago

I did replace some of those loop switches not that long ago- I'll check that out as well. I have a tech swinging by on Tuesday to help trouble shoot.

#994 6 months ago

I appreciate everyone’s input. For my peace of mind, it’s just a bit easier to have a tech take a look at this. Particularity since I’ve replaced some of those loop switches not that long ago. It’s still one of my favorite pins after many years of ownership.

5 months later
#1000 5 days ago

@BioBa: sorry for the delay on posting a few pics where this plastic goes. Haven’t been on this thread for a while. For my other issue, I had to replace that small coil on the upper loop switch to remedy the problem.

See below regarding the pics of the plastic which I had to re-secure:

IMG_0037 (resized).jpegIMG_0037 (resized).jpegIMG_0038 (resized).jpegIMG_0038 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club?tu=JMK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.