PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg
058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-11-21 003017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221031_193115 (resized).jpg
There are 996 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 10 years ago

Good evening... let's boogie!!

MB Pop Bumpers High contrast.JPGMB Pop Bumpers High contrast.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Somebody fetch me a razor!

Oh how I love this game, my grail machine!

#3 10 years ago

Someday.

#4 10 years ago

Just joined this a week ago !

#5 10 years ago

I'm in the club, but alas, it's up for sale. I've had my fun with the Monsters of Rock.

#6 10 years ago

Hopefully I'll be joining the club next year, my grail pin as well, bought a WOZECLE this year so I plan on getting a MB next year!

#7 10 years ago

Question for owners...are you able to backhand the left Bride shot from the left flipper? I can't on my machine, didn't know if something was wrong with mine, or that's just how it was.

#8 10 years ago

I can't on mine.

#9 10 years ago

I can't on mine either.

#10 10 years ago

I'd love to join this club, would be perfect next to my Scared Stiff and Party Monsters, but I just can't stomach the prices. Scared Stiff was about as high as I was willing to pay. So not to wish ill on anyone's collection, but I hope they get remade, and either suck it up and buy new or pick up a nicely used one for a lot cheaper than they go now! I loves me some horror themed pins though.

If any of you don't have the ColorDMD in yet then get off the fence, it looks awesome in this machine.

#11 10 years ago

I do have Color DMD on mine, and it is glorious.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I can't on mine.

That's kinda what I figured. I know on Pinball Arcade, you can, but on their Whirlwind the plunger would send it to the Millions shot, so they're not quite the go to folks for accuracy sometimes...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It's a must.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Looks fantastic on this game.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

Question for owners...are you able to backhand the left Bride shot from the left flipper? I can't on my machine, didn't know if something was wrong with mine, or that's just how it was.

I did it once, just after a flipper rebuild when things were super snappy. Never again though and it was *not* a planned shot, it was a desperate ball save off the tip of the right flipper first.

#15 10 years ago

I am in the club!

#16 10 years ago

I'm in the club! Love the machine but I find it tough to really keep the ball under control. I seem to have to play live a lot and the right ramp needs to be a great shot to compete it, or else it just comes back down. Seems like ball spin around the tight turn kills it. Flippers were re-built 2 weeks ago and I'm at 6.5 degrees, any input on a better set up or are all of you generally the same?

#17 10 years ago

I have my machine VERY steep, like as steep as it can go. I can get the right ramp with either flipper...anyone else confirm that is the case?

#18 10 years ago

I am in the club. I am getting ready to restore mine, and am looking forward to it being completed. I love this machine!

#19 10 years ago

Has some flashers hooked to it as well.image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago

I'm in. Been restoring for awhile and learned so much. Rebuilt all the pop bumpers which was a total pain, replaced the sound board, upgraded speakers and put stock ones back in lol, replaced all lights with LEDs and reconfigured flashers and lighting in back box, installed colour dmd, installed pinbits new drop target ramp on Frankenstein, new auto eddy controllers, complete new plastics, polished metal ramps, removed Mylar from pop bumper area, rebuilt all coils, rebuilt flippers and changed had to then change blue coils to orange because way too powerful when rebuilt, replaced all targets and switches, replaced some transistors on main board, installed new pop scoop, rebuilt Dracula gearbox (he moves like the flash now) and still not finished - I'm almost ready my studliness.

I think I've enjoyed tinkering with it more than actually playing although I nearly lit all instruments other day to get to monsters of rock.

It's a great theme with some great humour. C is for coughin and I don't even have a cold.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I'm in the club! Love the machine but I find it tough to really keep the ball under control. I seem to have to play live a lot and the right ramp needs to be a great shot to compete it, or else it just comes back down. Seems like ball spin around the tight turn kills it. Flippers were re-built 2 weeks ago and I'm at 6.5 degrees, any input on a better set up or are all of you generally the same?

I would try stepping down to orange coils on the flippers. Especially if you have cleaned and polished the machine. After I had restored mine the blue coils were like cannons and I'd get crazy ball spin, air balls and ball launching off ramps. Orange coils cured most of this but still are plenty powerful enough. I also removed all the wire ramps and rolled the ball through and adjusted accordingly. Years of play had widened the wire so at some places. When first entering the left bride ramp the ball could fly out the sides or top if moving fast enough. I also lowered it 2mm by removing some spacers from a metal post and bride shots are actually a joy with a lot less draining backwards.

#22 10 years ago

What's everyone's favorite RARE quote on the game? Mine was said "Get ready while I flip the switch" (normal) then followed it up with "Ha ha ha...FLIP!" I've only heard that once in the 2+ years I've owned it!

#23 10 years ago

I want IN with this Club! Hopefully next year. I even bought the Topper to get ready!

Picture 057.jpgPicture 057.jpg
#24 10 years ago

I'm in the club but will probably be selling my HUO MB pretty soon. It's pretty much perfect and all original, no Cliffys or touchups anywhere covering up anything! I'm the second owner for the past 12 years or so, anyone interested can PM me.

1 month later
#25 10 years ago

Just played the absolutely most insane game in my entire life. Prior to this game, my GC score was 800,000,000 or so. Started today, and I can honestly say I have never played pinball any better in all my 44 years! Stacked MB into MOR twice in one game, added on another couple of MBs without stacking, got the amazing bonus scream THREE times, EARNED Lyman's Lament, heard sounds I'd NEVER heard...I simply could NOT be stopped!

Was EXHAUSTED when it was over. From playing PINBALL!

MONSTERS OF ROOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

EARNED Lyman's Lament

Pretty cool ! I've never been able to do it without using the cheat codes.

Quoted from spfxted:

I want IN with this Club! Hopefully next year.

What are you waiting for?!?!?! Would look great aside of your girl, Elvira. Oh yeah!!!!!!

DSC_0255.JPGDSC_0255.JPG

#27 10 years ago

People who think this is a shallow game haven't seen Lyman's lament.

#28 10 years ago

Am thinking about joining this club, but does this game have lasting power? Have heard its easy and gets old fast. I sold my TAF for this reason. Is MB better?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Am thinking about joining this club, but does this game have lasting power? Have heard its easy and gets old fast. I sold my TAF for this reason. Is MB better?

I think the folks that say it's too easy play it on default settings. That is the case, as the machine hands out too many extra balls. However, if you limit those, open up the out lanes, and turn some of the difficulty settings up, well...I sure don't say it's easy and some stuff, like the six-stack of all Monsters, is borderline impossible. In all the years I've had mine, I think I've done it once, and when it happened I literally had no idea I did it. Won't make that mistake next time - if there is a next time! Getting Lyman's Lament is REALLY tough too, I've done it twice. That is NOT easy by any stretch.

Also, getting to Monsters of Rock without using the 'smart bombs' is very tough, as unless you are totally dialed in, the Bride is a really tough accomplishment.

MB doesn't have the depth of say, TSPP or LOTR, but I think it's a billion times more FUN than either of those games. And that's why I play pinball - to have fun!

Mine is never going anywhere.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Funny. I sold my TAF to get a MB. MB will never leave.

Mine's got a color DMD, laseriffic topper, mirror blades, undercab lighting, full LEDs, and the plasma disc mod. It's my favorite game of all time.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Has some flashers hooked to it as well.

image.jpg 134 KB

This looks pretty sweet! Are those UV lights in some of the GI? Can you post some playfield pics?

And I've got that same topper on my CFTBL. Mines got a green spotlight pointed at it from the ceiling, but I like what you've done with what I'm assuming is an LED strip mounted on top of the backbox. I may just have to steal that

1 month later
#32 10 years ago

Currently toying up whether to add it to my line up. Looks like great fun, very attractive machine, but maybe too basic a fan layout? Might have to get it just to say it's been in the collection.

#34 10 years ago

Anyone have a spare base bracket for the right flipper? It has a notch in it.

#35 10 years ago

Just added my new Monster Bash and I'm in the club! Really enjoying the color DMD and I added the TV set with slides and ordered a Creature figure that lights up.

#36 10 years ago

TV comes from????

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I would try stepping down to orange coils on the flippers. Especially if you have cleaned and polished the machine. After I had restored mine the blue coils were like cannons and I'd get crazy ball spin, air balls and ball launching off ramps. Orange coils cured most of this but still are plenty powerful enough. I also removed all the wire ramps and rolled the ball through and adjusted accordingly. Years of play had widened the wire so at some places. When first entering the left bride ramp the ball could fly out the sides or top if moving fast enough. I also lowered it 2mm by removing some spacers from a metal post and bride shots are actually a joy with a lot less draining backwards.

I ended up tweaking the wire form in the turn a bit to make it smoother, then removed the bottom washer on the bracket that attaches to the post neat Igor. That allowed a slight decrease in height in the apex of the ramp. Flows like mad now, whole new game and so much more enjoyable. Kept blue coils, clear coat is clean (always has been). Can't complete ramp from a cradled left flipper. If anyone's machine does not flow, make adjustments, you will love it.

#38 10 years ago

Oh, I have been waiting so long to join this club! Man your club is high dollar to get into! but I am finally in! kinda. My membership card is on the truck in Dallas.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Oh, I have been waiting so long to join this club! Man your club is high dollar to get into! but I am finally in! kinda. My membership card is on the truck in Dallas.

Congratulations! And some day you will be me

Eh, that sounded kind of funny. Congratulations anyway

#40 10 years ago

I'm in the club, Posted to monitor thread

#41 10 years ago

Just have to explain to the wife why another large chunk is coming out of the account after buying WOZ last month, and I'm in the club as well!

#42 10 years ago

Dendoc - the TV mod was on Ebay. I think they still have them. Not cheap but so awesome.

#43 10 years ago

sold out at the moment. Thanks

#44 10 years ago

My new toy is here, and it's fantastic. Fully restored, plays like a NIB.

So much fun!
mb.jpgmb.jpg
mb2.jpgmb2.jpg

#45 10 years ago

Anyone else have ball sticking problems behind frank targets just next to phantom flip target and/or found a solution?image.jpgimage.jpg

#46 10 years ago

Im in the club.. Mines Taito delivered from Japan with brand new PF.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Im in the club.. Mines Taito delivered from Japan with brand new PF.

any pics

#48 10 years ago

Finally a club on pinside I can join!

Does anybody know when the repro playfields might be rerun again?

#49 10 years ago

I'm in! I do wish the rules were a little deeper, or at least if MOR wasn't so similar to the regular bash. Still, this game is just plain fun, with some of the best toys in pinball. It's also one of the best looking machines of all time.

#50 10 years ago

Joined last month, posted this pic on Gomez's Facebook and got a nice response.

Nov 2013 034.JPGNov 2013 034.JPG

Had to sell two of my kids....but...well.....it was worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 996 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.