PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg
058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-11-21 003017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221031_193115 (resized).jpg

There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone local or somewhat local to NJ selling a nice example. Not HEP nice, but nice....

I have a hep nice one I would consider selling

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I'm finally joining the club. I just finished completely restoring the playfield. Now comes the cabinet. My first complete restore. A lot of fun and a crazy number of hours. More pics to come in the next few months. Woo hoo!!!

Nice job. It looks great. The purple wireforms are a nice touch and go very well with the pf.

I'd recommend swapping out the cliffy for a mantis protector.

#253 7 years ago

Joining the club....just got this pic from my buddy who''s restoring the pf.

It's coming along nicely.

IMG-20170130-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20170130-WA0000 (resized).jpg

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I'd recommend swapping out the cliffy for a mantis protector.

I'd recommend swapping the huge Cliffy for the Blackline Cliffy which blends nicely into the artwork.

Had the mantis protector mounted and the rim of the scoop was damaged after just a few plays (on the restored PF). Mantis is better than no protector at all, but it still leaves the edge of the scoop unprotected. Balls ricocheting will still chip the scoop even with the protector.
Pinball Dreams (= our European HEP equlivalent) stopped using Mantis some time ago as they had to many complaints about damaged scoops.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I'd recommend swapping the huge Cliffy for the Blackline Cliffy which blends nicely into the artwork.
Had the mantis protector mounted and the rim of the scoop was damaged after just a few plays (on the restored PF). Mantis is better than no protector at all, but it still leaves the edge of the scoop unprotected. Balls ricocheting will still chip the scoop even with the protector.
Pinball Dreams (= our European HEP equlivalent) stopped using Mantis some time ago as they had to many complaints about damaged scoops.

I fitted both on mine for ultimate protection....

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Had the mantis protector mounted and the rim of the scoop was damaged after just a few plays (on the restored PF). Mantis is better than no protector at all, but it still leaves the edge of the scoop unprotected.

Hmmm. Mine has had the Mantis on since day 1 and has no damage whatsoever.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Hmmm. Mine has had the Mantis on since day 1 and has no damage whatsoever.

There's probably a 50:50 chance. I know a lot of people having no problems with the mantis ones, but even more that did experience damage at some point.

For most games I'd take the risk of using mantis because they look so much better than the standard cliffys. But MB has one of the most damage prone scoops of them all and since cliffy is making the really narrow blackline version exclusively for MB I do think it's the better/safer choice in this case.

#258 7 years ago

Just added pinsound board to mine last night

1 week later
#259 7 years ago

Where does one find the black line Cliffy? Last I checked it was out of stock everywhere

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where does one find the black line Cliffy? Last I checked it was out of stock everywhere

Contact cliffy at passion for pinball.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Contact cliffy at passion for pinball.

Thanks - I could have sworn I read on his site they were out, but Cliffy doesn't really do that, I must have been looking at Marco. Thanks BigD!

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just added pinsound board to mine last night

How's it sound?!

#263 7 years ago

It's always bugged me that the wolfman isn't represented in the game (despite the doctor and igor being on there, who aren't even in the band!)

Found the perfectly sized wolfman toy - just have to figure out how to secure him better

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's always bugged me that the wolfman isn't represented in the game (despite the doctor and igor being on there, who aren't even in the band!)
Found the perfectly sized wolfman toy - just have to figure out how to secure him better

Cool. Do you have a link where you bought it?

#265 7 years ago

Any links for wolfman figure....

#266 7 years ago

I went with a slightly smaller version....

IMG_0375 (resized).JPGIMG_0375 (resized).JPG

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Cool. Do you have a link where you bought it?

I found it by looking at - I swear - every single wolfman action figure on the internet. I finally found that one on Etsy (by the way, that place blows away Ebay for stuff like this). That was literally the only one that was roughly the right size and actually looked reasonably like the guy on the playfield. Most of the other possibilties were those Re-Action figures (too small IMO, bad sculpt) or these huge ones that wouldn't fit... or were $150 NIB.

I just looked again; mine was loose, but this one looks new: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Studios-Monsters-Wolfman-Figure/dp/B0000VMAWA

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I found it by looking at - I swear - every single wolfman action figure on the internet. I finally found that one on Etsy (by the way, that place blows away Ebay for stuff like this). That was literally the only one that was roughly the right size and actually looked reasonably like the guy on the playfield. Most of the other possibilties were those Re-Action figures (too small IMO, bad sculpt) or these huge ones that wouldn't fit... or were $150 NIB.
I just looked again; mine was loose, but this one looks new: amazon.com link »

Yep, that's it - it's made by Jakks Pacific, and is apparently about 10 years old. I just read that it originally came with an alternate set of hands and feet so you could make him Larry Talbot too, which is pretty cool! Does not come with drumsticks

another one for sale, basically same price: https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Monsters-2-Figure-Wolfman/dp/B0001GT2JI

#269 7 years ago

In the middle of a complete restore. Working on a topper while waiting on some parts. Thought would give sneak peek of topper.

IMAG0595.jpgIMAG0595.jpg

#270 7 years ago

That's great! Did you make the Tesla coils (the bulb things at either end of the amps) or buy them somewhere?

#271 7 years ago

Made them . Used plastic cones cut them down.cut circle plastic and put on them. Used the purple globes that's the same in game.

#272 7 years ago

Does anyone have a remedy for keeping the two purple plastic "globes" in place? They don't seem to fit tightly and pop loose when ramps are hit.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone have a remedy for keeping the two purple plastic "globes" in place? They don't seem to fit tightly and pop loose when ramps are hit.

Theres a metal ring at the base that is supposed to keep them in place.....

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Made them . Used plastic cones cut them down.cut circle plastic and put on them. Used the purple globes that's the same in game.

Looks nice, some EL wire between the two would complete it.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres a metal ring at the base that is supposed to keep them in place.....

Mine were both off the globe when I got the game - you have to remove the entire globe structure from the play field by removing the plastic at the base, then take the nuts off the 3 looooong screws. The metal disc is usually trapped between the top and middle plastics. It's kind of a pain, so put led flashers in there while you've got it out

#276 7 years ago

I added some chrome to mine.

20170209_202333 (resized).jpg20170209_202333 (resized).jpg

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I added some chrome to mine.

Stern lollipops rails on it? I hope they aren't screwed in like it looks? They sure cover up alot of nice art unfortunately....

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern lollipops rails on it? I hope they aren't screwed in like it looks? They sure cover up alot of nice art unfortunately....

I was getting some flipper button wear so it's either the black protectors, new decals or this. I will decal it later.

#279 7 years ago

Anyone thinking of selling a nice MB ? Can need a Decal Job but needs to have a decent playfield.

3 weeks later
#280 7 years ago

MB's about to get a big sound & cab upgrade.

IMG_0821 (resized).JPGIMG_0821 (resized).JPGIMG_0822 (resized).JPGIMG_0822 (resized).JPGIMG_0823 (resized).JPGIMG_0823 (resized).JPG

#281 7 years ago

just got this pic today of the playfied being finshed up..should be in the club this summer.

mb pf2 (resized).jpgmb pf2 (resized).jpg

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

just got this pic today of the playfied being finshed up..should be in the club this summer.

Is that the planked one that we were watching being done? It looks great.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I've been following that too, and every time I see it, I think "man that looks SO much better than the original!"

Put some FF speakers in mine not that long ago. I'm considering a pinsound in there just so I can throw Monster mash into the mix!

My DW sounds so much better in stereo too...

#284 7 years ago

no...the other one has a different brown and with out the circular planks around the monsters, moon's different colors, etc . Here's a pic of the other one.

mb g (resized).jpgmb g (resized).jpg

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

no...the other one has a different brown and with out the circular planks around the monsters, moon's different colors, etc . Here's a pic of the other one.

Yes, now that I look closer to yours I see the Koops Kustoms logo on there. Mind sharing the cost on that? It looks fantastic.

#286 7 years ago

Holy crap, there's 2 now?! Did you do that yourself?

#287 7 years ago

Looks fantastic

#288 7 years ago

I've added these to my web catalogue.

Look under "Priceless", section 2x halve

Seriously, I did my own #1, Don's #2 was a promise to him , and a #3 is in the making, but not for sale, Its for close friends only. They just consume too much time to justify a realistic price .

Yes, now that I look closer to yours I see the Koops Kustoms logo on there. Mind sharing the cost on that? It looks fantastic.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

They just consume too much time to justify a realistic price .

True art is priceless.

#290 7 years ago

Assuming MB-R happens I for one would like to see them offer your artistic spin on the playfield as an option (and pay you accordingly for the art contribution).

Printed as part of the original artwork would be much more practical.

#291 7 years ago

G'day Bashers. Considering joining this club. I have two options, a really nice restored game complete with chrome trim, or a banged up EU import that will need the full treatment. Obviously there's a big difference in price. Prices on these babies have gone nuts.

My questions - are the replacement playfields of good quality? Are there any common parts that are difficult to buy? The banged up game will need the works - New PF, decals, everything. Any advice if I go down this road?

Decisions decisions........please help me make one!

Thanks.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

G'day Bashers. Considering joining this club. I have two options, a really nice restored game complete with chrome trim, or a banged up EU import that will need the full treatment. Obviously there's a big difference in price. Prices on these babies have gone nuts.
My questions - are the replacement playfields of good quality? Are there any common parts that are difficult to buy? The banged up game will need the works - New PF, decals, everything. Any advice if I go down this road?
Thanks.

The Mirco replacement playfields are pretty good - but really none are as good as the originals. The price will end up being about the same if you do an import vs just buy a good restored one. I'm in for about $7500 on a similar import (needed a new playfield) and took me a month to get it in fully working shape. It still needs a cabinet overhaul, playfield swap, etc.

I think the question comes down to whether you want to do the work yourself. If you don't enjoy it, buy the restore one. You're really not saving much money, and you'll end up with an original, preferable, playfield. (Just make sure it was CC'd when it was restored)

I know BigD will chime in on this and I know he thinks the restored is the better option

Decals aren't hard to find (but costly) and I believe mostly the parts that are hard to find are the PF toys. I've seen most of the other mechs available online. The boards are an important thing to have in very good shape too- mine needed some minor board work which I was not expecting to have to do.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Thanks.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Mirco replacement playfields are pretty good - but really none are as good as the originals. The price will end up being about the same if you do an import vs just buy a good restored one. I'm in for about $7500 on a similar import (needed a new playfield) and took me a month to get it in fully working shape. It still needs a cabinet overhaul, playfield swap, etc.
I think the question comes down to whether you want to do the work yourself. If you don't enjoy it, buy the restore one. You're really not saving much money, and you'll end up with an original, preferable, playfield. (Just make sure it was CC'd when it was restored)
I know BigD will chime in on this and I know he thinks the restored is the better option
Decals aren't hard to find (but costly) and I believe mostly the parts that are hard to find are the PF toys. I've seen most of the other mechs available online. The boards are an important thing to have in very good shape too- mine needed some minor board work which I was not expecting to have to do.

Depending on the prices of them and the mods the restored one has.... it cld be cheaper and obviously much eaiser to get a restored one. I had a easy decision bc i got a restored one with nice mods for a great deal . Doing restores requires lots of time, money and room to do it correctly and the game will be down for some time which means no playtime lol . Some of the parts for mb are very expensive and hard to find also. Most people find out that they end up spending more in the end on doing a restore than they cld of bought one for but they enjoy /appreciated the work and end product they made tho which can be very rewarding in itself.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Depending on the prices of them and the mods the restored one has.... it cld be cheaper and obviously much eaiser to get a restored one. I had a easy decision bc i got a restored one with nice mods for a great deal . Doing restores requires lots of time, money and room to do it correctly and the game will be down for some time which means no playtime lol . Some of the parts for mb are very expensive and hard to find also. Most people find out that they end up spending more in the end on doing a restore than they cld of bought one for but they enjoy /appreciated the work and end product they made tho which can be very rewarding in itself.

Thanks for the info guys. I decided to go with the restored machine..... I like the concept of my own project but perhaps on a title that's slightly less 'high end'. Will post some pics of this baby when I take possession!!

1 month later
#295 6 years ago

Put some of these pics in a restoration thread, bit thought it would be worth putting them here for future reference.

It may not be to everyones tast but i had some 2nds decals that were a little washed out in colour so used them on the inside. A huge painful exercise to install but i am haopy with the results.

Great to be back in the club as this machine had been out of action in the restoration queue for 2 years while other projects got in the way!

20170413_173940 (resized).jpg20170413_173940 (resized).jpg

20170413_173951 (resized).jpg20170413_173951 (resized).jpg

20170415_173057 (resized).jpg20170415_173057 (resized).jpg

20170415_173240 (resized).jpg20170415_173240 (resized).jpg

20170415_173920 (resized).jpg20170415_173920 (resized).jpg

20170415_173943 (resized).jpg20170415_173943 (resized).jpg

20170415_173859 (resized).jpg20170415_173859 (resized).jpg

20170415_172837 (resized).jpg20170415_172837 (resized).jpg

20170413_173732 (resized).jpg20170413_173732 (resized).jpg

20170413_173745 (resized).jpg20170413_173745 (resized).jpg

#296 6 years ago

boy that thing looks clean on the inside.. wow!

#297 6 years ago

Seriously! How did you get that thing so darn clean - unbelievable!! I am really excited about getting my new CC PF from Kruzman soon.... another month or so and I can install it.

2 weeks later
#298 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I went with a slightly smaller version....

IMG_1807 (resized).JPGIMG_1807 (resized).JPG

IMG_1902 (resized).JPGIMG_1902 (resized).JPG

IMG_2032 (resized).JPGIMG_2032 (resized).JPG

IMG_2037 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPG

#299 6 years ago

Im late to the MB club. But thought my new politically incorrect translight was pretty funny!

IMG_3057 (resized).JPGIMG_3057 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#300 6 years ago

Speaker logos

Euro 49 + Euro 22,- shipping to USA

stainles steel lasercuted

ss (resized).jpgss (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.