PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg
058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-11-21 003017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221031_193115 (resized).jpg

There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 7 years ago

Not just because I have one but damn, MB has to be the prettiest pinball ever made. Not to mention, fun as hell to play.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not just because I have one but damn, MB has to be the prettiest pinball ever made. Not to mention, fun as hell to play.

I agree....its a master piece for sure. Just all around a perfect pin

#203 7 years ago

Yes a masterpiece - AFM is also...

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Yes a masterpiece - AFM is also...

Yup my 2 favorites ever and glad to recently add both to my collection

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Any thoughts on how to improve lighting at the bottom of the playfield?

I installed super brights under the slingshots which pretty much illuminates the lower playfield. The UV bracket seems to be a very cool alternative indeed...
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MB_UVLightFlipperKitPage.html

3 weeks later
#206 7 years ago

It's alive!!

IMG_3236 (resized).JPGIMG_3236 (resized).JPG

#207 7 years ago

Here's mine

IMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPG
IMG_0225 (resized).JPGIMG_0225 (resized).JPG
Frank (resized).JPGFrank (resized).JPG

IMG_0769 (resized).JPGIMG_0769 (resized).JPG

#208 7 years ago

Just joined the club! Technically, anyway - I wont have it for another week or so.

I got a beater re-import but this is my grail pin - been wanting one ever since I knew it even existed. I am a huge monster movie fan, and rock n' roll musician... so it was a natural. Will go great next to our TZ and Creature...

I've always wondered why they never followed through with a 1930s Dracula or Frankenstein pin. And The Wolfman (my 2nd fav of the group!) never got any pin love whatsoever. There's not even a toy of him on the MB playfield!

Anyway, very excited to get to rocking those monsters..

#209 7 years ago

Just the lighting or is the cab art extra dark?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just the lighting or is the cab art extra dark?

It's the lightning, here's a better pic (taken before I had the undercab-lightning installed).

IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPG

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just joined the club! Technically, anyway - I wont have it for another week or so.
I got a beater re-import but this is my grail pin - been wanting one ever since I knew it even existed. I am a huge monster movie fan, and rock n' roll musician... so it was a natural. Will go great next to our TZ and Creature...
I've always wondered why they never followed through with a 1930s Dracula or Frankenstein pin. And The Wolfman (my 2nd fav of the group!) never got any pin love whatsoever. There's not even a toy of him on the MB playfield!
Anyway, very excited to get to rocking those monsters..

Congrats and Good luck man .... i wld of just bought a nice original or restored for 8500-10k bc after its all said and done you will have that or more than that into making it very nice...plus lots of time. Ive almost bought many of the ones im sure your talking about but they are to much ..and with 600 in shipping also . If your patient a good local deal always pops up ....

#212 7 years ago

Just added optic fiber in eyes and red strip in the back. I'm done for the day

IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG

IMG_3239 (resized).JPGIMG_3239 (resized).JPG

IMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3240 (resized).JPG

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's not even a toy of him on the MB playfield!

There is on mine!

wolfman (resized).jpgwolfman (resized).jpg

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Congrats and Good luck man .... i wld of just bought a nice original or restored for 8500-10k bc after its all said and done you will have that or more than that into making it very nice...plus lots of time. Ive almost bought many of the ones im sure your talking about but they are to much ..and with 600 in shipping also . If your patient a good local deal always pops up ....

I hear ya- I wanted to do a full playfield swap one day, and I've got a budget laid out already. we will play the game as-is for a few months but then I'll do theteardown next year. I want to learn more about refurb so this project has a dual purpose. Like my TZ I don't ever expect to sell this one

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

There is on mine!

Ha! Ok he's obscured on my pinball arcade version I guess

Still no wolfman pin though!!

#216 7 years ago

theres a very nice monster bash in captains auction just in case someone is looking for one ....

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

theres a very nice monster bash in captains auction just in case someone is looking for one ....

Saw that one and it does look nice but will probably go for way beyond my budget, especially when you figure buyers premium and tax adds about 30% to the price.... someday.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Saw that one and it does look nice but will probably go for way beyond my budget, especially when you figure buyers premium and tax adds about 30% to the price.... someday.

Its nice original and sld only be around 7500-8 maybe.... but it will probably be more knowing auctions.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Just added optic fiber in eyes and red strip in the back. I'm done for the day

Cool!

#220 7 years ago

Played this game again today it is truly a great game but just way too easy to master and beat

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Played this game again today it is truly a great game but just way too easy to master and beat

Yep as is most b/w pins on factory settings from my experience ....open the outlanes , put settings on hard and take some the extra balls away and its s much better experience in home use environment...

1 week later
#222 7 years ago

Hey folks

Just received my MB delivery. I converted it to 110v no problem, but as I lifted the play field to do so, I found this thing plugged into the power supply

Anybody know why this thing would be in there? It's plugged into the power supply on one end, and to (I think) T101 the 5v node on the power board. The other wire is to ground.

So... what the hell is this for ? It doesn't seem to be part of the original game, but I don't see any mods or anything that it would be powering. What gives?

It says "mickey/mouse games" on it, and some dude's name on it.

Also.. I found what I think is an original goodie bag. It is stapled to the cabinet separator, and has a couple of screws, a MB keychain tag, and what is I think a plastic washer. Is there any reason to keep this intact and not open it?

IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know why this thing would be in there?

It's a switched power supply. Used in arcade games. Someone added this in your game, most like to "fix" a reset issue when the 5v dropped below spec.

I had a wh2o that had one of these in it. I removed it, and went through the reset guide on pinwiki to fix it in the correct manner.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey folks
Just received my MB delivery. I converted it to 110v no problem, but as I lifted the play field to do so, I found this thing plugged into the power supply
Anybody know why this thing would be in there? It's plugged into the power supply on one end, and to (I think) T101 the 5v node on the power board. The other wire is to ground.
So... what the hell is this for ? It doesn't seem to be part of the original game, but I don't see any mods or anything that it would be powering. What gives?
It says "mickey/mouse games" on it, and some dude's name on it.
Also.. I found what I think is an original goodie bag. It is stapled to the cabinet separator, and has a couple of screws, a MB keychain tag, and what is I think a plastic washer. Is there any reason to keep this intact and not open it?

You probably have some db issues so they just added another power supply instead of fixing the db.... let see some pics of the db......

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You probably have some db issues so they just added another power supply instead of fixing the db.... let see some pics of the db......

Ok I think I understand. Definitely wish I'd known this was a thing. I'll post some later on or tomorrow; got work to do right now - couple of other minor issues with this machine (basic stuff - stripped leg bolt plates, missing the translite lift channel, and cabinet is scratched a bit, mostly at edges) but the boards seem to be in pretty good shape.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok I think I understand. Definitely wish I'd known this was a thing. I'll post some later on or tomorrow; got work to do right now - couple of other minor issues with this machine (basic stuff - stripped leg bolt plates, missing the translite lift channel, and cabinet is scratched a bit, mostly at edges) but the boards seem to be in pretty good shape.

Ok here's the driver board, nothing caught my eye except the red wire connected from the extra power thing. I haven't had a second to inspect for broken traces but it generally seems ok. Not sure if the isolators on the speaker wires are normal, but that seems like a good idea in general.

Also there's an extra molex connector at the bottom of the wire bundle (see last pic) not sure if that's just extra or what... seems weird it's just sitting there, but I haven't found a partner to it underneath

IMG_1282 (resized).JPGIMG_1282 (resized).JPG
IMG_1283 (resized).JPGIMG_1283 (resized).JPG
IMG_1284 (resized).JPGIMG_1284 (resized).JPG
IMG_1285 (resized).JPGIMG_1285 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPGIMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_1287 (resized).JPGIMG_1287 (resized).JPG
IMG_1288 (resized).JPGIMG_1288 (resized).JPG
IMG_1289 (resized).JPGIMG_1289 (resized).JPG

#227 7 years ago

Thanks for the help, folks - this is my first WPC95 pin, my others are WPC89 so somewhat of a learning curve. I'm reading up on pinwiki though.

So I've got a replacement PF on the way and I'm reading about how the Creature lagoon plastic doesn't fit on replacement playfields - so does the Mirco play field have the lagoon cut to fit the original plastic? until my PF shows up I won't be able to try it. Really hoping I don't have to find one of those unobtanium pinbits ones.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok here's the driver board, nothing caught my eye except the red wire connected from the extra power thing

Remove the red wire (cut or de-solder). They're using the switched power supply to make up the 5V. Once the wire is removed, see what the symptoms of the game are. Then you can address the real issue, if there even is one--it could have been low line voltage at the arcade this was in.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure if the isolators on the speaker wires are normal, but that seems like a good idea in general.

Yes, these are standard from the factory.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also there's an extra molex connector at the bottom of the wire bundle

I believe that was for a knocker in some games. This is just left over from previous versions, as MB doesn't have a knocker.

#229 7 years ago

Taking the leap tonight.. hopefully no issues, or if there are, I'll try rob Kahr's daughter board ...

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Taking the leap tonight.. hopefully no issues, or if there are, I'll try rob Kahr's daughter board ...

Still sld be fixed correctly or u sld just leave it the way it is ......

1 week later
#231 7 years ago

A few questions... I have my MB tour down. Just added LED's, new Titan green rubbers, etc. I need to know where to get the side blades that most of you have on the MB and also where to get my monster figures painted. Thanks guys...

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A few questions... I have my MB tour down. Just added LED's, new Titan green rubbers, etc. I need to know where to get the side blades that most of you have on the MB and also where to get my monster figures painted. Thanks guys...

1) Sillyoldelf and 2) Modfather. You mail him your figures and he will paint them for (I think?) $99

That reminds me i need to order those blades. I'm sending my figures to a buddy I went to school with who does basically "horror art" and is a magician. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still sld be fixed correctly or u sld just leave it the way it is ......

So I haven't worked on the game for a couple weeks - finally got a chance today and removed that switching power supply, and cleaned up the power board. I have a string of lights on the BB that won't light (purple / white). Replaced the fuse (which was visibly broken) and still nothing works. Checked for bad caps- this game is newer so has the 0 ohm resistors. No problem there. No burns or scorches on power board. Checked the molex and reseated the pins, and switched the J105 and 106 plugs and SAME problem. Weird, but at least I think that means it's not the board. Any suggestions other than rewiring the bb? The molex cube seems (visually) ok.

Oh... and I removed the switching PS... played 5 or 6 fairly lengthy games... apparently there's no problem! Must have been low line voltage as was suggested.. woo!

#234 7 years ago

Anyone feeling this Monster Bash shirt?

monster-bash-shirt.jpgmonster-bash-shirt.jpg

#235 7 years ago

I want to join this club something fierce!

This could be the year... maybe, just maybe!

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Where'd you find that? That is killer!

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where'd you find that? That is killer!

I made it

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I want one! are you selling them

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I want one! are you selling them

Cheese_WizardPQ I need to make an ad in the market.
Until then just search for "tonygraf" over at redbubble.com

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

It's a cool shirt, but I'd be shocked if Robin lets you sell it via Pinside... simply because that's artwork that technically belongs to the Williams rights holder (Planetary Pinball). No?

#241 7 years ago

Surely, owned by universal?

#242 7 years ago

Anyone local or somewhat local to NJ selling a nice example. Not HEP nice, but nice....

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone local or somewhat local to NJ selling a nice example. Not HEP nice, but nice....

I'm close to you and not to rain on your parade but this will probably be the last machine to ever leave my collection. Not too deep, but tons of humor and visually the best looking pin ever created in my opinion especially when done with leds. I really hope you get to join the club, it's awesome and down right hilarious fun with a great sound track.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Oh, and I don't want to spam the thread any more but everything is 20% for a limited time.
Use code SUPER20 at checkout

1 week later
#245 7 years ago

Working on a MB lighting project in preparation for the Texas Pinball Festival. Bought a mix of matrix products from Comet and starting to try out different options. I'm kinda liking this look for the sling area. As usual, the LEDs are messing with the camera so its not as blown out in person. Don't know where the purple on the monster heads is coming from... its not there in real life.

IMG_5688 (resized).JPGIMG_5688 (resized).JPG

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Working on a MB lighting project in preparation for the Texas Pinball Festival. Bought a mix of matrix products from Comet and starting to try out different options. I'm kinda liking this look for the sling area. As usual, the LEDs are messing with the camera so its not as blown out in person. Don't know where the purple on the monster heads is coming from... its not there in real life.

You need a trough light badly, its so dark in that area. Purple or blue would be my suggestion.

----------------------
Lermods.com

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You need a trough light badly, its so dark in that area. Purple or blue would be my suggestion.
----------------------
Lermods.com

Have the parts, just not installed yet.

#249 7 years ago

Those toppers are awesome!

#250 7 years ago

I'm finally joining the club. I just finished completely restoring the playfield. Now comes the cabinet. My first complete restore. A lot of fun and a crazy number of hours. More pics to come in the next few months. Woo hoo!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.