IMG_20230110_213133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230110_213116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg
There are 1,007 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there a way to speed up Dracula? I know in test mode you can adjust the speed but what about for game play?

Is he slow on yours? Or do you just want him to jump around like crazy?

I think he moves pretty nifty in gameplay...

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there a way to speed up Dracula? I know in test mode you can adjust the speed but what about for game play?

Cleaning or replacing the gear box may help speed up the Drac significantly. Check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-drac-switches-flaky

Mine's now much much faster than before changing the assembly

1 week later
#103 9 years ago

(Reposted from a different thread)

On of the wonderful things about being involved in the pinball community is meeting all manner of diverse and wonderful people, not to mention talented! One of our local pinheads just happens to be a talented figure artist, and I was none too shy about commissioning him to paint my Bride from my MB. His work speaks for itself. Needless to say, I couldn't be more pleased! He could probably be persuaded to do some more similar art projects. If anyone would like his contact info, please pm me.

image-86.jpgimage-86.jpg image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg image-964.jpgimage-964.jpg image-184.jpgimage-184.jpg
1 month later
#104 9 years ago

I'm in!
Searched high and low for one of these that wasn't a disaster but also wasn't 10k+.

Ended up with this one that has an excellent playfield and cabinet art mostly intact. There's some bubbling on the front near the legs and there's clearly been some touch ups on all 4 corners. Everything else is about as clean as they come though!

IMG_20150422_134202.jpgIMG_20150422_134202.jpg
#105 9 years ago

Anyone got a spare MPU from MB? I just picked up a basket case of a machine, and the MPU is one of many parts that I need, but the most important to getting the game running!

3 weeks later
#106 8 years ago

Is getting to monster bash during 3 ball game considered good?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

One of our local pinheads just happens to be a talented figure artist, and I was none too shy about commissioning him to paint my Bride from my MB. His work speaks for itself.

Nicely done. I'm often not a fan of MB figure paint jobs, I don't think most people do them justice. That's obviously done by someone with some experience.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Diesel2627:

Is getting to Monster Bash during 3 ball game considered good?

Not particularly. You want to get to Monsters of Rock.

#109 8 years ago

Oh man...how do I get there?

#110 8 years ago

almost..... there.......

Almost in the club.... Not to MOR!

*crossing fingers* - Im making my 2nd attempt to pick-up a MB on Monday!

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Diesel2627:

Oh man...how do I get there?

Complete/beat each mode to earn the instrument of each character.

#112 8 years ago

So I should be starting a mode and then trying to complete all the shots on the board?

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Diesel2627:

So I should be starting a mode and then trying to complete all the shots on the board?

Exactly. Within the time allowed.

Best way to do it is to start as many modes as possible, then start Frankenstein's multiball. That stops all the timers.

#114 8 years ago

Thanks

#115 8 years ago

Yay! I'm a member!

Finally!

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yay! I'm a member!
Finally!

Congrats!

#117 8 years ago

Thanks. It was/is my grail pin.

had a deal fall though last week that was painful, but ended up with a great machine.... and it had nearly every mod i was planning to do:
LEDs
LED OCD for inserts and GI
ColorDMD (just AMAZING for this game)
etc.

#118 8 years ago

Yep, the color DMD for MB is one of the best that they've ever done.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, the color DMD for MB is one of the best that they've ever done.

I agree. But full disclosure, first i thought that when I saw it on AC/DC, THEN I thought that when I installed it on my TSPP, NOW I think MB is the best one.

Either I just happened to install it on some of the best machines for colorDMD, or it's just plain awesome on all machines!

2 months later
#120 8 years ago

Hi Guys, I just joined the club. I picked this up with along with a scared stiff last week. They do look great together! I also have a TFTC, and I put them all together on one wall, my wife calls it the monster wall I will post pics later tonight when I get home.

Condition is fairly average, typical scoop and drac trak wear. I ordered the decal from Treasure Cove as a temporary fix until I can completely tear the game down and restore the playfield the proper way.

I do seem to have a mechanical issue that I have no idea as to what might be causing it. From time to time, when I hit the launch ball button, my score will increment by 1000 points, it will make the ball launch sound, but the plunger never kicks the ball out. When this happens, I usually just wait a few seconds, then hit the button again and it launches. The other weird issue is that from time to time I will get an air ball and the ball will land back in the shooter lane. When this happens, I can hit the launch ball button a million times, and it increments the score by 1000 every time, but the plunger will never shoot. I have to reset the game when this happens. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

#121 8 years ago

Welcome too the club great game all around enjoy

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I hit the launch ball button, my score will increment by 1000 points, it will make the ball launch sound, but the plunger never kicks the ball out.

Go into switch test mode and start playing around. Hit the switch in the shooter lane. Hit the ball launch button. See if you're getting multiple switch closures, or if the wrong switches are being activated.

#123 8 years ago

Thanks mot, I will give that a try tonight and report back.

#124 8 years ago

I became a member just over a month ago, just forget to disclose my membership

3 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

I just joined the MB club as a result of picking up a restoration project from GWAXT72. The price was right and I figured I was able to do much of the needed work after inspecting the machine at Rob's place before putting it into my van.

However, when I got it home and upon closer inspection, I was dismayed to see a lot of short cuts and patch work jobs from the many years of being routed. Even the flipper mechanisms were swapped out at some point, replaced by an older Williams assembly on one side. Other issues include a really bent out of shape weldment scoop popper, which appears to be totally unsalvageable, it's been taken out an welded a few times; the spinner mechanism was removed and replace instead with a gate switch wire. The entire playfield was mylared over with only a few minor playfield blemishes that either paint or decals will fix, after removing the mylar of course. I've ordered PF decals, a full set of cabinet decals and replacement mechanisms for the scoop, spinner and flipper assemblies, as well as all the targets and other stuff like plastics. I am not willing to conduct a full playfield swap just yet.

The saving grace is that all the figures and mechanisms/electronics are working fine.

The only error message I get is a proximal switch #48 error. I cannot seem to solve this one. Any suggestions?

#126 8 years ago

If memory servers me correctly this is a proximity switch under the playfield just in front of the right flipper. There should be a wire that is inserted into a slot in the playfield and held in place with a piece of foam.

Go into switch mode and roll a ball back and fourth in from of the right flipper and see if it fires? If not there should be a controller board for it within that area with a red led on there when that ball is detected, see if the cable is properly seated on the controller board.

This would be the same cable that should be in front of the right flipper inserted into the slot.

#127 8 years ago

Mike, your memory regarding the proximity switch was photographic!

I located the eddy wire sensor that connects to the proximity board, and found that it was missing the sensor on the end that fits into the four pin connector, which sits under PF and in the cutout. I just ordered one from Pinbits, $8 part. Thank goodness for Pinbits, no one else carries it!

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

I just joined the MB club as a result of picking up a restoration project from GWAXT72. The price was right and I figured I was able to do much of the needed work after inspecting the machine at Rob's place before putting it into my van.
However, when I got it home and upon closer inspection, I was dismayed to see a lot of short cuts and patch work jobs from the many years of being routed. Even the flipper mechanisms were swapped out at some point, replaced by an older Williams assembly on one side. Other issues include a really bent out of shape weldment scoop popper, which appears to be totally unsalvageable, it's been taken out an welded a few times; the spinner mechanism was removed and replace instead with a gate switch wire. The entire playfield was mylared over with only a few minor playfield blemishes that either paint or decals will fix, after removing the mylar of course. I've ordered PF decals, a full set of cabinet decals and replacement mechanisms for the scoop, spinner and flipper assemblies, as well as all the targets and other stuff like plastics. I am not willing to conduct a full playfield swap just yet.
The saving grace is that all the figures and mechanisms/electronics are working fine.
The only error message I get is a proximal switch #48 error. I cannot seem to solve this one. Any suggestions?

After playing the game after you brought it home theres nothing a little love can't fix on that machine, gives us something to work on , winter is coming !!

#129 8 years ago

I can still take something off your hands to make room , maybe WCS

1 week later
#130 8 years ago

MB restoration coming along fairly well. I would like to add some mods while the game is being being reassembled.

Does anyone know how to make the Plasma Disc Mod sold by Pinball Decals? I could buy it from them, but my kids have a couple of the disc units which they purchased in the mall, it takes two AAA batteries, there's got to be a way to hook it up to a GI circuit.

1 month later
#131 8 years ago

A+ for Titan Glow-in-the-dark rubbers! Followed the manual and ended up a little short, so placing a follow-up order with Titan. I put an updated kit on their site for MB. Maybe some flipper lighting from Pinball bulbs will really make them pop.

IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1424.jpg

1 week later
#132 8 years ago

Just joined the club, I came across a huo mb with the goody bag still stapled inside the cabinet. Has a colored Dmd, looking to do LEDs should I just do white under the Playfield?

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Just joined the club, I came across a huo mb with the goody bag still stapled inside the cabinet. Has a colored Dmd, looking to do LEDs should I just do white under the Playfield?

Did the seller insist on keeping it until Halloween?

#134 8 years ago

I picked it up the day before, it was ment to be in my collection for the big day!

1 month later
#135 8 years ago

Yay, Just joined the club. Now for a complete teardown, cleaning and fixing a couple of switch errors.

2 weeks later
#136 8 years ago

Bumping this thread ....

I'm looking for a complete spinner assembly as mine is missing.

Same as this .... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22268

If anyone can help me out, let me know.

Cheers!
Dave.

#137 8 years ago

2015-11-28_16.50.31_(resized).jpg2015-11-28_16.50.31_(resized).jpg

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bumping this thread ....
I'm looking for a complete spinner assembly as mine is missing.
Same as this .... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22268
If anyone can help me out, let me know.
Cheers!
Dave.

Yeah, mine was missing too. I had to order mine out of Australia. What are the odds?

3 weeks later
#139 8 years ago

Does anyone have a T-Nut map for Monster Bash? Thanks!

#140 8 years ago

I have a strange question for you - I just now noticed that the speaker panel on my MB says Bally. I thought that was strange so I started looking up images of MB on line and I don't see any that say Bally - all Williams. So then I figure somewhere in its life someone switched it. Out of curiosity I went to PPS to see what a speaker panel costs and under MB game specific parts they had both Bally and Williams versions of the speaker panel. MB didn't actually ship new from the factory with both (one or the other) logos did it?

4 weeks later
#141 8 years ago

Woo-Hoo Baby!!! Luh-Laahhhh!!!!
I am in the Monster Bash club!!!

20160220_094040_(resized).jpg20160220_094040_(resized).jpg

#142 8 years ago

Awesome pin and look into getting the Pinballbulbs LED kits for backbox and machine. This game really shines with those installed.

Have a look

http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

2 weeks later
#143 8 years ago

Monsters of Rock achieved on an amazing ball 2. Love this game.

20160302_154838_(resized).jpg20160302_154838_(resized).jpg

20160302_154720_(resized).jpg20160302_154720_(resized).jpg

#144 8 years ago

Hello mb owners,

I have a chance to get a mb. I was wondering if you guys thought this might be a good deal. Trade for an xmle + 3k. Now I know condition plays a big role, but let's just say for time sake their both in great condition. Is this a good deal? Thanks guys.

#145 8 years ago

Paying about $9K is not bad in my opinion, if the MB is in good-to-great shape (playfield nice and not needing decals). Figuring the XMEN LE is worth around $6... I think this is a normal deal, not a good deal. Good deal would be $2K cash...IMO

#146 8 years ago

A few years back when Monster Bash was going for around $4k-$5k I almost picked one up for priced at $5k, talked em down to $4750, but when I arrived to pick up the rails had undisclosed dents. (typically caused by the head falling into them). I offered $4500 but they said no, so I passed, Doh! (also wasn't sure I liked the music, in fact I thought it would get annoying)

Monster Bash has always been on my list since then and I just found a sweet one (the owner had it sitting in his basement for 13+ years) and had about 5 minutes to pull the trigger after the ad was placed. Called him on Thursday, committed to buying it and picked it up on Saturday. Cost me $8200! Pinball pricing has gone up like crazy!

So I'm finally in the club! All those years I remembered the music and that I didn't like it, so I was a bit worried I might have made a mistake. I guess I had built it up in my mind to be bad, but now after getting it, I'm thinking, its not bad at all, and I'm lovin' this game.
Just ordered a color DMD for it. This has been my grail pin for all these years and its a classy, family themed, party favorite.

#147 8 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts on it guys.

2 weeks later
#148 8 years ago

I just finished my MB playfield swap with a beautiful Mirco/Kruzman playfield. I spent a lot of time on the lighting and added purple lights back in the orbs and the brides left entrance ramp so the entrance to those are lit with a nice subtle glow. By far though the best lighting mod is the Pinbits Blackout Mod. Matt Masters hit it out of the park with that idea! Highly recommend it!!

DSC09024_(resized).JPGDSC09024_(resized).JPG

DSC09026_(resized).JPGDSC09026_(resized).JPG

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

By far though the best lighting mod is the Pinbits Blackout Mod. Highly recommend it!

Darn! Guess I'll have to get around to installing the one I received a few weeks back and set aside.

#150 8 years ago

Hi mb club. I'm not an owner... Yet... But I have a non-techy friend that is. I was helping him out last night and noticed a couple things. The highest phantom flip insert on the left didn't light up. I looked under to replace the lamp... No socket! Is that normal? There wasn't even pilot holes drilled to have one there (it is a very nicely restored unit..)

Also, the full moon on the right loop won't light up. Replaced the lamp and still nothing. How to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,007 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.