Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Sprudeldudel
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpg
889d3154fbd2f97ee5f2c3378517b31fc984dda6 (resized).jpg
20200601_120204 (resized).jpg
20200604_181524 (resized).jpg
20200605_075217 (resized).jpg
49952621827_78b60bd473_o (resized).jpg
49952614747_f8db437bf1_o (resized).jpg
49952325191_b197fb0804_o (resized).jpg
49952309266_004c6f78a7_o (resized).jpg
49951824553_084f679786_o (resized).jpg
IMG_20200209_134640 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200209_134658 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200514-194914_Chrome (resized).jpg
ee90abd472921c68072fd19337cb61634552df96 (resized).jpg
ccb3f7a8fb197c9d4821b99d92a752e795631137 (resized).jpg
AAAAA (resized).jpg

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 4 months ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

I've seen people do this. Are there pre-cut pieces for the drac lane available somewhere or are people cutting their own?

Not sure about precut. I buy sheets from Marco and cut them.

#652 4 months ago

drac lane available somewhere or are people cutting their own?

I was wondering the same thing.
I have a vinyl cutter and was eventually planning on creating a mylar for it... but I haven't progressed more than "I should do this" phase.

#653 4 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was wondering the same thing.
I have a vinyl cutter and was eventually planning on creating a mylar for it... but I haven't progressed more than "I should do this" phase.

You should do this ! I’d pay $15

#654 4 months ago

Love this table. So happy it was the second in our collection. We are looking for what will be number three now. I really do want to get a topper for it.

#655 4 months ago

Custom cover for my original MB. Gift from my 70 years young Mom.

20200229_133328 (resized).jpg
#656 4 months ago
20200229_133347 (resized).jpg
#657 4 months ago

Cool. Nice work on that cover.

I worked on my MB yesterday... well got a prototype project working...

I got my proto Drac Coffin LED strip to work.
P_20200229_005841 (resized).jpg
I need to do a Fab B as I have a connector issue to work out; but it worked exactly as designed - after infinding a shorted solder bridge and a incorrect silkscreen diode indicator.

#658 4 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Gift from my 70 years young Mom.

Tell Mom she does an Awesome cover!

#659 4 months ago

Your mom could go into business making those covers; at least until she gets a c&d letter.

#660 4 months ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

at least until she gets a c&d letter.

If she did; it'd be safe to tell'um to go du*k themselves.
I'm about 80% sure she's using store bought fabric which is should have been licensed from Universal. As a result; her product is 100% safe to sell without fear of a C&D. That said; I can't see the art clearly enough to be sure if it's something custom.

Now; if she custom printed the fabric in some way... then yeah; she'd have a problem.

That said; David better have some Stern Pop Caps on that star trek.

#661 4 months ago

The fabric was from etsy and is generic. Those caps look cool, but I have 3d printer and have already made a badge for a costume. Might try to make custom tops for both games. Already updated the Tesla coils.

20200301_162854 (resized).jpg
#662 4 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

The fabric was from etsy and is generic. Those caps look cool, but I have 3d printer and have already made a badge for a costume. Might try to make custom tops for both games. Already updated the Tesla coils.[quoted image]

Are they the Mezel Mods ones?

#663 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are they the Mezel Mods ones?

Nope. 100% custom. I designed them and 3d printed them.

1 week later
#664 3 months ago

hi every one, i have a question does someone know where to find the spinner it's sold out every where
i'm ok to buy a second hand one.
Thanks for any info
Stef

#665 3 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Nope. 100% custom. I designed them and 3d printed them.

I really like the crazy looking base you made for the one in the photo. You should share those!

#666 3 months ago
Quoted from stef34:

hi every one, i have a question does someone know where to find the spinner it's sold out every where
i'm ok to buy a second hand one.
Thanks for any info
Stef

When I was looking to fix mine (pre-MBr) no one had replacements either but I was able to source a spinner from a different parted machine that used the same spinner (A-19308) - it is used in CV, MB, NGG, RS, ToM, WD

I assume that the MBr would use a similar spinner, just not sure whether you could get one of those or whether it'd fit an original spinner assembly.

Hope this helps

#667 3 months ago

Seems like it is available from planetary pinball for MBr...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-19308

#668 3 months ago

Yes and it is the same - so works for the 6 original B/W plus the new MBr. Glad to see this back avialable

#669 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When I was looking to fix mine (pre-MBr) no one had replacements either but I was able to source a spinner from a different parted machine that used the same spinner (A-19308) - it is used in CV, MB, NGG, RS, ToM, WD
I assume that the MBr would use a similar spinner, just not sure whether you could get one of those or whether it'd fit an original spinner assembly.
Hope this helps

thank u very much it helps a lot!

#670 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes and it is the same - so works for the 6 original B/W plus the new MBr. Glad to see this back avialable

Cool thank u

#671 3 months ago

New mod installed today:
ColorDMDLCD
Such a welcome update from that Orange DMD. The two hardest parts about this install was finding a small enough USB stick... and installing the display upside down initially.

1 week later
#672 3 months ago

I just joined the club and need a little help. I just picked up the game and the table isn't going up or down. All 4 switches work (2 for the target banks and 2 for Franky). I can manual move the gears and they're not froze up and the table and targets have moved up and down but not during gameplay. I have a feeling it's not set to the correct position to start a game. Any help would be appreciated.

AAAA (resized).jpgAAAAA (resized).jpga (resized).jpgaa (resized).jpgaaa (resized).jpg
#673 3 months ago

Not an expert on this game; but does the up/down bank run in diagnostics?
I know from my design work on a mod for the game; that there is one switch which tells the game when the targets are "up" and one which tells it when it's down. They both have to be set for the extremes of the up/down travel.

If the motor doesn't run in diags; check the driver board. Make sure the dc motor is connected properly to the driver board.

NM- I was confusing drac driver board and the frank driver board.

#674 3 months ago

i will get some new Spider-Bats Speaker grills for Monster Bash next week

$ 55,- SHIPPED TO USA !!!!

ccb3f7a8fb197c9d4821b99d92a752e795631137 (resized).jpgee90abd472921c68072fd19337cb61634552df96 (resized).jpg
#675 3 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Any help would be appreciated.

This assembly can be deactivated in the settings. check if it is.

1 month later
#676 52 days ago

Does anyone know if you can use a new
Playfield from chicago gaming company
So basicly a remake playfield, in a original
B/w monsterbash?

So say the flipper are wider appart

Anyone know something about this?

#677 49 days ago

Just putting my Mb back together and hoping someone can help.
Chasing the lengths of the 4 hex posts that Franks table sits on and also the 4 hex posts the drac motor mech mounts on under neath.
Im thinking I should have 2 sets of 4 matching length posts but thats not what I have.
Also checked parts manual with no better idea, seems to be missing posts.?
I have a friend checking his machine but difficult to measure assembled.
Thanks for any help.

#678 49 days ago

Mine is unreachable right now, but I can also reccommend taking a look into the manual of the remake from CGC - much similarities and partially more detailed descriptions.

#679 49 days ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Does anyone know if you can use a new
Playfield from chicago gaming company
So basicly a remake playfield, in a original
B/w monsterbash?
So say the flipper are wider appart
Anyone know something about this?

The flipper gap is exactly the same. You can use any playfield you wish as mechanically they are identical. The dimples on the underside will be different on the remake for the light boards, etc.

#680 49 days ago

Mine is unreachable right now, but I can also reccommend taking a look into the manual of the remake from CGC - much similarities and partially more detailed descriptions.

Thankyou yes I did that. Not alot more detail unfortunately.
Here is the list of posts from ipdb parts list.
So it looks like they are not all even?
Screenshot_20200514-194914_Chrome (resized).jpg

#681 48 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

So it looks like they are not all even?

This is what it looks like on mine.

IMG_20200209_134640 (resized).jpgIMG_20200209_134658 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#682 38 days ago

We have a Williams monster bash. It was working with no issues. We moved it within the same room and now we are having power issues. We have lights on the backlight and front start buttons and we have sound but the dmd and play field flashed in and out of power. Sometimes it stays on for a couple minutes other times it just flashes. Anyone have any idea on what we would have knocked loose or broke? Thanks for any help.

#683 38 days ago

Loose ribbon cables.

#684 38 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Loose ribbon cables.

Thank you!

#685 33 days ago

New owner checking in! Did a arcade game trade for this beautiful example. Mainly untouched. Story I got was an operator vended it very lightly then kept it in his home till it moved around into a few collectors hands. Has the ColorDMD and a few LED's. I'll probably add sunbrite frosted LED's throughout with a little color here and there. Don't worry I won't clown puke it!

I think the mummy did not open when I got the mummy so I'll have to look into that. Just picked it up last night so I haven't spent much time on it yet. Just taking in that new pinball freshness and looking it over. Anything typical of this title I need to look for? Other than the mummy not opening up, seems to work perfect. The play field is in amazing condition. Did they clear these different? Seems original from looking underneath but the top side is really nice all over. Unless it truly has low plays on it? Other then colorDMD is there a must mod to have? I think it will look great next to my CFTBL

49951824553_084f679786_o (resized).jpg49952309266_004c6f78a7_o (resized).jpg49952325191_b197fb0804_o (resized).jpg49952614747_f8db437bf1_o (resized).jpg49952621827_78b60bd473_o (resized).jpg
#686 33 days ago

Looks just like a really nice low play original to me. Mine is the same routed about a year then HUO. My Mosh pit hole has a really old protector on it. (not a Cliffy) It must have been something custom made. The best real look at your play wear is to have a look under that hole protector. Can't be much the way the Play field looks. How about your cabinet decals? Any wrinkling around the legs?

#687 32 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

New owner checking in! Did a arcade game trade for this beautiful example. Mainly untouched. Story I got was an operator vended it very lightly then kept it in his home till it moved around into a few collectors hands. Has the ColorDMD and a few LED's. I'll probably add sunbrite frosted LED's throughout with a little color here and there. Don't worry I won't clown puke it!
I think the mummy did not open when I got the mummy so I'll have to look into that. Just picked it up last night so I haven't spent much time on it yet. Just taking in that new pinball freshness and looking it over. Anything typical of this title I need to look for? Other than the mummy not opening up, seems to work perfect. The play field is in amazing condition. Did they clear these different? Seems original from looking underneath but the top side is really nice all over. Unless it truly has low plays on it? Other then colorDMD is there a must mod to have? I think it will look great next to my CFTBL
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that playfield looks in fantastic condition - no insert wear on the instruments, no damage on the drac track, the cliffy maybe covering some wear but from the rest of the playfield I doubt it. One thing I would do is to replace the blue plastic leg protectors as they will cause decal wrinkles or tears, the metal leg protectors are the way to go. Congrats - you've got yourself an amazing pin!!!

#688 32 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Looks just like a really nice low play original to me. Mine is the same routed about a year then HUO. My Mosh pit hole has a really old protector on it. (not a Cliffy) It must have been something custom made. The best real look at your play wear is to have a look under that hole protector. Can't be much the way the Play field looks. How about your cabinet decals? Any wrinkling around the legs?

Thanks! Has a little wrinkling around the legs but very minor. I think this PF was clear coated or something the finish is just too nice!

#689 32 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow that playfield looks in fantastic condition - no insert wear on the instruments, no damage on the drac track, the cliffy maybe covering some wear but from the rest of the playfield I doubt it. One thing I would do is to replace the blue plastic leg protectors as they will cause decal wrinkles or tears, the metal leg protectors are the way to go. Congrats - you've got yourself an amazing pin!!!

Thanks! I think someone clear coated this PF when new or just super low plays. Inside the backbox is really nice and clean as well. Those leg protectors came with it. Some mild wrinkling around the legs but maybe that's why they were added at some point. I guess the metal protectors don't hurt the art work as much?

#690 31 days ago

I guess the metal protectors don't hurt the art work as much?

I used the metal protectors. When you do that you have to cut the decal around the perimeter of the protector. That keeps the decal from wrinkling when you tighten down the leg bolts. If your decal has already wrinkled then the metal protectors might not be the way to go. The plastic ones will cover the wrinkling. On one of my other games I have even taken the plastic protectors and cut them down so they hide behind the leg then you don't need the metal ones.

#691 31 days ago

Thanks! I think someone clear coated this PF when new or just super low plays. Inside the backbox is really nice and clean as well. Those leg protectors came with it. Some mild wrinkling around the legs but maybe that's why they were added at some point. I guess the metal protectors don't hurt the art work as much?

Leaving the plastic leg protectors on may end up causing more wrinkling. My advice is to get some metal leg protectors (screw them on and cut the decal around the edge of the protector, remove the cut decal from under the metal protector). You can also try removing some of the wrinkling by lightly heating with a hair dryer and working them out. If you like the look of the blue plastic protector or need to cover some of the wrinkles you can put them over the top of the metal protectors - but now they will slightly stand off from the decal and not cause any more wrinkling.

#692 31 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Leaving the plastic leg protectors on may end up causing more wrinkling. My advice is to get some metal leg protectors (screw them on and cut the decal around the edge of the protector, remove the cut decal from under the metal protector). You can also try removing some of the wrinkling by lightly heating with a hair dryer and working them out. If you like the look of the blue plastic protector or need to cover some of the wrinkles you can put them over the top of the metal protectors - but now they will slightly stand off from the decal and not cause any more wrinkling.

Awesome thanks for the info!

#693 26 days ago

So, It's Alive!!! absolutely loving it. Couple of tweaks to go. Here are some pics. My take on a "Classic Edition" !!

20200601_120204 (resized).jpg20200604_181524 (resized).jpg20200605_075217 (resized).jpg
#694 26 days ago

#695 26 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

So, It's Alive!!! absolutely loving it. Couple of tweaks to go. Here are some pics. My take on a "Classic Edition" !![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap... where can I get that translite!? That is an amazing looking machine

#696 24 days ago

I have one more of these available if anyone is interested.

Monster Bash topper decal as seen here:

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/topper-decal/monster-bash-pinball-machine-topper-decal/

$35.

PM if interested.

889d3154fbd2f97ee5f2c3378517b31fc984dda6 (resized).jpg
#697 19 days ago

Hi everyone - My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist of the Monster Bash alternate artwork attached here. My artwork is officially licensed from Williams.
THIS TOPPER IS BEING MADE AND DISPLAYED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) is STILL using my Monster Bash alternate artwork WITHOUT my permission to make a Topper.

Please understand, I am not asking you to attack his person or business.
I just wanted to make it loud and clear:
THIS PRODUCT TOPPER IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME, AND I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY. It is an unlicensed product.

They claim that they are no longer selling it. However, they have been untruthful about this before.

When originally confronted, he told me he never intended on selling it. This is untrue because, in his first promotional video, he clearly said “This will be available on our website for $325”. I have the recording of this video.

He told me he would remove the video and not sell the product, and I agreed to remove my original Facebook posts about the theft.

Today, he posted a new video using the piece as a promotion. This is unauthorized use.

I’ve asked him to destroy it, and he has chosen not to.

If you choose to try to buy this from him, please let me know first. I can most likely get you one directly from the artist.
If you're interested in getting anything directly from me with this artwork on it, you can view it here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

THANK YOU for your time. Sorry to bug you with this.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpg
#698 19 days ago

Brian,
Thanks for you're post... They need to be roasted and attacked to be honest.
What they are doing is simply theft and unacceptable. I am about 90% sure this violates Pinside's Terms of service.

I'd actually like to make a couple of requests from you.
1) Can you talk and/or work with CPR to get your alternate translite made into a mirrored backglass? I'd much prefer to have that than their current offering.
2) Are you interested in doing some additional art for the MB game? I have an idea for something which would proably be right up your alley. If so; feel free to PM me.

John

1 week later
#699 10 days ago

Does anyone have a close up photo of the flasher and plastics from on top of the scoop? Particularly how they are mounted - what they are mounted to? I couldn't tell from the usual IPDB detail photos.

I have one that is attached to the pop bumper cap behind the scoop with a screw, it is super loose, so I'm assuming there should be a different mounting solution. Thanks!

#700 8 days ago

Whatsup guys! Monster Bash base rules in 4 minutes is already online!

Hope you like it!

Pinball Mods Brasil

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside