PXL_20230108_031504465 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031438572 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031239300 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031328315 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230108_031306772 (resized).jpg
058EB428-06EC-4C62-AD41-EFC9D127005D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-11-21 003017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221031_193115 (resized).jpg

There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Rdoyle1978 - Does your Mantis not exhibit the same problem as per my two photos above?
Thanks,
Goz

Absolutely not. I do have the Mantis protector also installed, but I do not believe that is a factor. It does seem that your scoop sits too high from the playfield. When I did my restore I seem to recall mine had 2 sets of washers underneath (4total) which forced it to sit a bit lower. Perhaps this is why

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Looks to me, as if the Mantis scoop would have the same problem.

I rebuilt my MB several years ago with a new scoop from Mantis and it looks just like that picture, with the excess metal in the way.

#603 4 years ago

Here’s mine, maybe you just need to slide yours back a touch as somebody else mentioned? The blue foam piece should be in front so the metal doesn’t get whacked.

B0783A27-CAC8-4B1A-9122-42C15777AB19 (resized).jpegB0783A27-CAC8-4B1A-9122-42C15777AB19 (resized).jpeg
#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nothing wrong with your scoop...... I think!
It's sat forward too much. Should go further back.
Compare yours and mine.
It should be as far back as it can go.
Is yours like that?
See mine.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Shapeshifter - I can't move my scoop back any more than it is, but comparing yours with mine, you appear to have had the offending corner removed. Did you do this?

Marco Specialities do not want to help me further (as I bought the scoop 7 years ago - but only just installed it) and have referred me to Mantis. Let's see what they say....

Cheers!

Goz

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here’s mine, maybe you just need to slide yours back a touch as somebody else mentioned? The blue foam piece should be in front so the metal doesn’t get whacked.[quoted image]

GorillaBiscuits - I can't move it back a bit, unfortunately, but your photo does confirm to me, that the overhang of my scoop is 1/4 inch too long!

It would appear that Mantis recognised the problem and cut a corner off, from those scoops similar to mine and then changed the design to reduce the overhang (like yours).

I'll contact Mantis to see what they've got to say for themselves.....

Cheers,

Goz

#606 4 years ago

Grind the right side a bit and it will work.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

shapeshifter - I can't move my scoop back any more than it is, but comparing yours with mine, you appear to have had the offending corner removed. Did you do this?
Marco Specialities do not want to help me further (as I bought the scoop 7 years ago - but only just installed it) and have referred me to Mantis. Let's see what they say....
Cheers!
Goz

Not done anything to mine. It's a HUO game, so that is exactly how it left the factory.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Grind the right side a bit and it will work.

Having spoken to Mantis, that is the only workable solution. They weren't able to help me further (as the scoop was bought 7 years ago - yes my restoration has taken that long!).

Just for the record, there will be similar Mantis Monster Bash scoops out in the wild exhibiting the same problem as mine, which the owners will then have to adapt themselves, if they haven't done so already.

Good luck!

Goz.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Having spoken to Mantis, that is the only workable solution. They weren't able to help me further (as the scoop was bought 7 years ago - yes my restoration has taken that long!).
Just for the record, there will be similar Mantis Monster Bash scoops out in the wild exhibiting the same problem as mine, which the owners will then have to adapt themselves, if they haven't done so already.
Good luck!
Goz.

Something is off, Goz - there have never been any other reports of this. Monster Bash has several well-documented design flaws (Dracula's feet!) Have you measured compared to an original scoop?

#610 4 years ago

This is the final version of my Monster Bash topper. Added some blinking LEDs
and a white LED wire.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Good luck!
Goz.

Goz-

I have a mantis scoop, and mantis ramp as well. Here's pictures. Yours does look like its a bit far forward, as I cannot rest a ball in the same location. However, if you look close at that corner of the scoop, you can see the metal has been dented back. It was sharp when I installed it, and I could tell the ball would hit it, but not get hung up.

But comparing pictures, it kinda looks like your ramp flap and/or blue bumper are in a different position too. Is there something going on with the hole positioning on your pf?

Scoop 1 (resized).jpgScoop 1 (resized).jpg
Scoop 2 (resized).jpgScoop 2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#613 4 years ago

I have 2 Monster Bash topper decal as seen here:

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/topper-decal/monster-bash-pinball-machine-topper-decal/

$35 each.

PM if interested.

IMG_20191122_104435 (resized).jpgIMG_20191122_104435 (resized).jpg
#614 4 years ago

One sold. One left!

2 weeks later
#615 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

One sold. One left!

I have 1 more Monster Bash topper decal as seen here:

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/topper-decal/monster-bash-pinball-machine-topper-decal/

$35 plus shipping. Will ship to USA and Canada only.

PM if interested.

889d3154fbd2f97ee5f2c3378517b31fc984dda6 (resized).jpg889d3154fbd2f97ee5f2c3378517b31fc984dda6 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#616 4 years ago

Gang, I recently installed the a Super kit in my MB from @pinwoofer.

Originally, I had purchased just the cabinet upgrade for this title. It really helped, but after installing the full system in another machine, I added the backbox kit to MB, as well. The separation between cabinet and backbox now is incredible...you really get clarity in your callouts from the head while enjoying a rich bass from the cab.

I'm telling you...if you really want to add some crisp AND boom to your game, reach out to Dan. Not only is the product awesome, but his service is world-class.

#617 4 years ago

I'm just starting a custom monster bash restore.
Was thinking I would like a shooter rod as well as auto fire, do you think I could set it up like s scared stiff? Any help or advice appreciated

#618 4 years ago

I have both. On SS, you can try to plunge for the skill shot hole or get a hit on the crate or shoot softly to try to get the spider hole (which is what I normally do unless it is last ball and I need a crate hit.) On MB, all you do is plunge the ball and hit the flippers so that the lane you go through gives you a bonus increase. I don't see any need to be able to manually plunge the ball for this. I know some people have worked at adding an auto plunge to TOTAN so you have a ball save for multi-ball.

#619 4 years ago

I only want to do it for fun as it fits my theme.
Would you mind checking the playfield cutout, shooter lane cover to see if it could work for me?

#620 4 years ago

Joined the Club yesterday! Excited!
KJS - seems we're sharing two machines now Glad to see you here

#621 4 years ago

yes! custom decals tomorrow will post pics

#622 4 years ago

For my information, has anyone made a pinsound re-orchestration yet, using the hi-definition sounds and music, which can be extracted from the game code for MB Remake?
I extracted the sounds, just to have them when I need them, but I'm sure someone else has already thought of it, or maybe even done it

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

For my information, has anyone made a pinsound re-orchestration yet, using the hi-definition sounds and music, which can be extracted from the game code for MB Remake?
I extracted the sounds, just to have them when I need them, but I'm sure someone else has already thought of it, or maybe even done it

What makes you think the remake somehow has higher fidelity audio than the original?

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What makes you think the remake somehow has higher fidelity audio than the original?

In a 1998 machine the sounds are stored in a small size rom with high compression, low sampling rates etc, etc. In the new machines storage space and sound processing capabilities are multifold of back in 1998 and everything would have been remastered to higher quality for that reason. One way or another, the sound assetts and music I extracted from the CGC code are crystal clear and NO comparison to the original sounds as it is heard on my original MB. That is also in line with my experience playing both machines one direct after the other, the Remake being first. The remake LOOKS and SOUNDS much better, but the original PLAYS better to my personal perception.

So an original equipped with PinSound (I have it on my Getaway) and CGC assetts, as well as decent LED enhancement seems like the obvious solution for me.

What makes you think the CGC Remake wouldn't have higher qulity audio assetts?

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

In the new machines storage space and sound processing capabilities are multifold of back in 1998 and everything would have been remastered to higher quality for that reason...

One way or another, the sound assetts and music I extracted from the CGC code are crystal clear and NO comparison to the original sounds as it is heard on my original MB. That is also in line with my experience playing both machines one direct after the other, the Remake being first. The remake LOOKS and SOUNDS much better, but the original PLAYS better to my personal perception.
What makes you think the CGC Remake wouldn't have higher qulity audio assetts?

Because I know the original source audio is not available to be remastered. I think you are hearing perhaps better speakers. Perception bias is a real phenomenon The assets themselves are played directly from the original ROMs, which are emulated in these games.

Anyway, don't let me stop you - PinSound is going to increase the perceived audio quality since you can dial in the bass and treble settings, and if you increase the cabinet volume you'll get some good bass!

#626 4 years ago

Yesterday, I got an original MB.

Made on Dec 7 1998.

11 year search. Finally got one!

1 week later
#627 4 years ago

Hi, would you consider building and selling a topper ? Price shipped to wa state, 98926? Thx, Mark

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hi, would you consider building and selling a topper ? Price shipped to wa state, 98926? Thx, Mark

I have build sheets for the topper that I will send to anyone who wants to build it yourself or have someone build it for you local. Just PM me with where to email it to. I also have a few build pics that I can email or text.

Scott

#629 4 years ago

Have a couple really nice MB repro trans if anyone needs one. PM if interested.

IMG_3659 (resized).jpgIMG_3659 (resized).jpg
#630 4 years ago

Joined the club on Friday.
P_20200208_164754 (resized).jpgP_20200208_164754 (resized).jpg

Has anyone gotten detail pictures of the "improvements" made to the MBr?
Specifically interested in the Lit Moving targets, plasma disk, and most specifically the Lit Drac coffin.

Would the "Premium Sound System" be nothing more than a PinSound board?

My bride seems to stick with her head up. Haven't looked at the mechanism yet; any suggestions?

First on my list is a ColorDMD, a Pinshield, followed by Pinblades. Not sure what else the game really needs but I'm sure I'll find something.

Has anyone tried UV lighting the PF? Does it fluoresce?

#631 4 years ago

Anyone know the part or part number for the wire shaft that connects to the spinner, drops below the the playfield and actuates the switch? Looks like mine is missing so the number of spins isn't registering.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

Anyone know the part or part number for the wire shaft that connects to the spinner, drops below the the playfield and actuates the switch? Looks like mine is missing so the number of spins isn't registering.

It's not a wire shaft that goes below the pf (like in classic Bally games). The spinner actuators a micro switch on the top side of the pf (just to the left of the spinner). The bent rod on the spinner touches the micro switch

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Joined the club on
Friday.
[quoted image]
Has anyone gotten detail pictures of the "improvements" made to the MBr?
Specifically interested in the Lit Moving targets, plasma disk, and most specifically the Lit Drac coffin.
Would the "Premium Sound System" be nothing more than a PinSound board?
My bride seems to stick with her head up. Haven't looked at the mechanism yet; any suggestions?
First on my list is a ColorDMD, a
Pinshield, followed by
Pinblades. Not sure what else the game really needs but I'm sure I'll find something.
Has anyone tried UV lighting the PF? Does it fluoresce?

For the Bride mech, it's pretty simple, unless you need to remove the entire thing. Usually just the actuator gets rotated so it sticks (it's keyed so it's not supposed to rotate).

I'd suggest getting the figures custom painted. If you don't know anyone that does it, I highly suggest @modfather. He does an awesome job.

The original pf's, and the IPB repros will flouresce. Not sure about any other manufactures. The greens jump out. Other than UV, I've found that a blue light in the trough (pointed to the pf) gives off a really nice look too. But to each their own.

And welcome to the original MB owners club!

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

A-19308 is the blank spinner target (spinner with wire). It is used in Circus Voltaire, Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Road Show, Theatre of Magic and Who Dunnit. I'm not aware of anyone having this in stock and is hard to find.

A-22268 is the entire MB spinner assembly but not aware of anyone having this either. Not sure if the MB Remake uses an identical spinner and whether it can be substituted but that could be worth looking into or otherwise trying to pick up a spinner from a parted out machine (any of the above games would be suitable and then you just need to stick on the MB spinner decal) - this is what I had to do.

spinner (resized).pngspinner (resized).png
#636 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me how many type #44/47 and how many type #555 LEDs are part of the playfield G.I. on this machine?

Cointaker offers a set (https://cointaker.com/products/monster-bash-premium-led-kit), but I'm in Germany and need to buy the bulbs elsewhere and individually, as nobody offers a set fot the G.I.

If anyone has a parts list for the playfield G.I. only (not controlled inserts or backbox) I would highly appreciate some help here

#637 4 years ago

My first mod for my New-To-Me MB... was to install the 1.06 home roms.
My eeprom programmer is as old as dirt (EMP-30) and it refused to hold it together long enough to program a SST MC27C801-100 "pull" from China.
Every time I tried to program; it'd fail at a random address. Finally; I think the moon pulled just the right amount of gravity against the electrons and it programmed a chip with repeated "patching"... it sudden started programming the device so I pulled my hands back from the laptop/programmer until is passed. :whew:

I have a newer USB / XP compatible programmer on the way from FleaBay… so maybe it'll have better luck for next time.

#638 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for my auto Eddy boards? One of mine seems to be broken...

Pinbits and the usual suspects are out of stock.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for my auto Eddy boards? One of mine seems to be broken...
Pinbits and the usual suspects are out of stock.

Tangles has them in stock - I have them in my MB and works a treat

https://www.tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board-Monster-Bash--a-re-designed-“Eddy”-proximity-detector_p_37.html

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Tangles has them in stock - I have them in my MB and works a treat

Thanks - I just ordered three of them

#641 4 years ago

I have one side cabinet decal (right side I think) for sale if anyone wants it for gameroom art. $75 shipped in the lower 48. PM me if interested. Thanks

#642 4 years ago

My next mod for my monster bash was to document the painting of my Monsters on my blog. I started with Gill (Creature) in Part 1:
GillGill

And in Part 2; I tackled the Mummy:
MummyMummy

I'm not sure whom I'm going to tackle next. I’m still trying to decide which of the remaining monsters is easiest to remove. I’m guessing the Bride of Frankenstein might be the next easiest… but I’m not sure how her assembly is put together. I somewhat hopeful that I just remove the screw on top of her head and then her head comes off the pogo stick – then maybe her body will just slip over the stick.

Has anyone done removed Bride?

#643 4 years ago

cool!

Just painted my second set.
Bride you take the head off and the pull body up over bent rod. I'm changing the mummy option and added a wolfman.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1581034907491 (resized).jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1581034907491 (resized).jpeg
#644 4 years ago

Great thanks!
I thought about add wolfman; but I couldn't really figure out where I'd put him - nor which one specifically to get on fleabay.

Are you going to add detail to Drac? he already looks pretty detailed at first glance. I htought maybe changing his shoes but haven't given it a lot of thought.

#645 4 years ago

Not a lot of detail as my custom classic edition is mainly b&w. I'm Satin clearing them as well.
Got my 2d translite with spinning record going last week.

Last mb was full bling. here is my fave pinball pic of all time!

image_147030 (resized).jpgimage_147030 (resized).jpgtapatalk_1557592283186 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1557592283186 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1557592259023 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1557592259023 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1557592259023 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1557592259023 (resized).jpeg
#646 4 years ago

Here is my custom project stuff

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1579748164590 (resized).jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1579748164590 (resized).jpeg20200126_180642 (resized).jpg20200126_180642 (resized).jpgMB WIP 5 (resized).jpgMB WIP 5 (resized).jpgMB_Grey 01 (resized).jpgMB_Grey 01 (resized).jpg
#647 4 years ago

wow...that looks just awesome!!!

#648 4 years ago

What are the commonly used options to protect the Drac Lane from damage due to the ball rolling over it?
Is there something like the cliffys for this?

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What are the commonly used options to protect the Drac Lane from damage due to the ball rolling over it?
Is there something like the cliffys for this?

Mylar

#650 4 years ago

I've seen people do this. Are there pre-cut pieces for the drac lane available somewhere or are people cutting their own?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 995 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club/page/13?hl=ltrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.