Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by michaelrobrien
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F7720A1F-8BCD-4954-97EE-0DEF62AAD37D (resized).jpeg
MB High Score 17 (resized).jpg
IMG_4108 (resized).JPG
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160814_79a30a7b3b607424b4d4bfd10598041c_(resized).jpg
1022112008a_(2).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Awesome job!

Looking forward to seeing what you do on your Creech & TOM backboxes!

(Nice job on the TOTAN & STTNG backboxes BTW!)

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbob:

is there a trick to pulling the sockets out from the WPC-95 style back glass enclosures? I tried on my AFM and they are really tight even with squeezing the side tabs. I must be missing something... the wiring is so tight between the sockets that I'm hoping to hear the secret before I mess something up.

I've found just removing the backglass from the light tub is a whole lot easier (and no risk of cracking something).

Just slide off the 4 side trim pieces and you're good to go.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbob:

NM - I thought about removing the trim and front glass but figured there must be an easier way to quickly play around with LEDs. Thanks for the confirmation!

The risk of trying to remove them the obvious way (CAREFULLY squeezing/wiggling the socket out of the light tub) is those sockets could be brittle from years of heat.

Also use caution when removing the bulbs from the sockets--too much twisting of the lamp in relation to the socket will crumble the plastic too.

And of course the light tubs themselves are beyond rare never having been reproduced, so tread carefully all the way around.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside