New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 75794)

Monster Bash

By wdpvideo

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by joemamma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey,

Finally I got my hands on a MB. It only took me a year but I did it! YEAH! Anyway, I am looking for the following items. Any help would be great!

Chrome Highly Polished Back Box Hinges
Chrome Chrome Highly Polished Side Rails
Chrome Highly Polished Legs
Chrome Highly Polished Lock Down Bar

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Congrats! Better than MM in my humble opinion. Good luck on your search for those parts.

#3 6 years ago

I would recommend contacting mike cheastnut or pinball refinery. They both do really nice chrome.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys

#6 6 years ago

I bought a chrome coin door for my MB from Mike. He does great work. I will use again

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Did you get the MB up at Rogers? I contacted them because they originally had it listed as an Addams Family Monster Bash. I thought they had both for $8500. I was about to jump on that deal. Lol!

3 weeks later
#8 6 years ago

Nope, I didn't see that one. Would have been closer to home. I have played mine about 30 times and today went in and fired it up and it kept reloading then test report G11 what ever that means. Then it worked, I powered off the machine and it started doing it again. Reloading, light flash and starts reloading a few times the starts works. So, I guess I will be trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

I would recommend contacting mike cheastnut or pinball refinery. They both do really nice chrome.

Any idea on how to contact Mike Cheastnut? Thanks.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Any idea on how to contact Mike Cheastnut? Thanks.

hpugto at gmail dot com

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Nope, I didn't see that one. Would have been closer to home. I have played mine about 30 times and today went in and fired it up and it kept reloading then test report G11 what ever that means. Then it worked, I powered off the machine and it started doing it again. Reloading, light flash and starts reloading a few times the starts works. So, I guess I will be trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

G11 is the game ROM on the CPU board, it might have a contact issue or maybe it's bad. I'd start by checking that the ROM is tightly in the socket and that there are no bent pins, hopefully the board is not damaged

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

G11 is the game ROM on the CPU board, it might have a contact issue or maybe it's bad. I'd start by checking that the ROM is tightly in the socket and that there are no bent pins, hopefully the board is not damaged

Just pull it and reseat it, that might due the trick.

#13 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. It's some where on board. When I push on the board it loads the game just fine. Once I let off it starts all over agin. It ok I am doing a full restore on the game and have a new boards for it. So once I am done with the new cabinet I'll get her fixed…What a fun game!

#14 6 years ago

Did you reseat the rom? New boards is overkill for what could be a really easy fix.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Hey,
Finally I got my hands on a MB.

Awesome. Have you taken your hands off it since you got it? Does it mind too much?

Have fun.

#16 6 years ago

Reseat your connectors. When a game gets moved, one may come loose. Also, if the game got bumped around, a cold solder joint could have developed on the board. If reseating your connectors doesn't work, inspect the back of the board and look for a break in the solder, especially near the affected connectors. Clay's guide gives a much more thorough process for how to troubleshoot the problem.

#17 6 years ago

Need a playfield for that monster bash? I've got one for $1500 that is beautiful.

Chris

#18 6 years ago

Its a ribbon problem.

Quoted from joemamma:

Need a playfield for that Monster Bash? I've got one for $1500 that is beautiful.
Chris

My play field isn't that bad off that I would put myself threw the repopulation of it. I am doing that on a CFTBL and that's a tone of work.

#19 6 years ago

Ok no problem just offering. Good luck with the creature.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside