(Topic ID: 22152)

Monster added to the monsters lab - opinions?

By bigdaddy07

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4030.JPG
    IMG_4018.JPG

#1 11 years ago

It never set well with me that the monsters lab in SS lacked a monster so, I went hunting for options. I wanted something that would go with image of the monster in the picture and was looking to avoid the Universal monsters. So, I found a Dr. Who Krillitane figure and removed its wings. I have him positioned temporarily (with tape right now) in the lab area hunkering over one of the glowing pops back there. I thought he looks quite nice there and when the pops light up in that special way they do in the SS monster lab, it casts a really cool glow over him.

What are your thoughts? Cause sometimes I can think something looks great but, others think I'm off my rocker.

IMG_4018.JPGIMG_4018.JPG IMG_4030.JPGIMG_4030.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Looks great! It always catches me off guard to see pics of a nice clean SS. The only one I've played is one on location nearby and it's dirty as all hell so that's my memory of how SS looks. Funnily enough, the dirt kinda suits the theme

#4 11 years ago

He looks quite at home back in that corner.

#5 11 years ago

Not for me...... so I guess your off your rocker.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm going to keep him back there for a week or two and decide if I want to affix him in a permanent manner. The alternative would be to fabricate some sort of monster lab appropriate Tesla coils to stick back there. It just seems too me its needs something back there to better designate the monsters lab area. A couple of good sized coils would look cool as a topper as well.

On another note, has anyone ever added the kickback to this game? I seen a site where someone was able to do this. Just curious.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

appropriate Tesla coils

Oooohhhhhh....... That would be cool.

The current figure does look good though.

#8 11 years ago

that's a nice, clean looking SS. and not having seen one before, the monster looks like he fits in their pretty well. I like the tv mod too!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Funnily enough, the dirt kinda suits the theme []

Great use of the word funnily!! I love it! Are you suggesting Elvira is a dirty girl??

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-added-to-the-monsters-lab-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.