Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mancave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have an issue with my Monopoly machine where the up/down post doesn't work, neither during the game or in test mode. The machine was like this when i got it so can't be positive how long it's been like this. I swapped the coil with the dice eject coil, both 20V and both run off the same 20V connection on the board @ J7-P1, upon doing this the suspect coil works and the coil eject one doesn't so i know that the coil itself is ok. After swapping the coils back i then checked the brown 20V wire with a DMM on both coils and both read 21.7V so the inoperative coil is getting power and both have continuity on the earth wire to the cabinet ground braid. The ground wire for the up/down post goes to pin 8 on J6 and the Dice eject goes to pin 4 on J6. I have checked over the J6 plug and all seems ok and i even re-flowed the solder to pin 8 just in case it had a dry/cracked solder joint. I have also tested the TIP that relates to that coil and it has the same readings as the one for the dice eject coil so it seems ok also. I'm not sure where to go from here, what else could be the issue? Something on the board i'm missing? I don't think there is a setting to turn the up/down post off in the menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I have also tested the TIP that relates to that coil and it has the same readings as the one for the dice eject coil so it seems ok also.

Testing the TIP, can you use a logic probe to see if the signal from the working one matches the faulty one? I'm not sure if the TIP has voltage that might damage a logic probe, research that before trying it.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Testing the TIP, can you use a logic probe to see if the signal from the working one matches the faulty one? I'm not sure if the TIP has voltage that might damage a logic probe, research that before trying it.

I don't have a logic probe myself unfortunately. I'm not sure it is a faulty TIP but it seemed the next logical step to check out cause i could pretty much rule out a break in the power or ground wire to the coil. I have tested TIP's with a multi meter before and all the one's in that area read the same, seem to be good. Certainly it's the only coil on the machine that doesn't work, everything else on the machine works fine.

#4 6 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd

#5 6 years ago

Still no idea what's happening

#6 6 years ago

At the bottom of the post coil plunger is a screw with a rubber tip used to adjust the height of the post to keep the tip flush with the playfield surface. Make sure that a) the bottom of the plunger isn't stuck to the black rubber piece and b) that the height of the post isn't too low, thus not allowing the coil to pull the plunger up and through. Move it up and down by hand a few times then try it again in coil test.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

At the bottom of the post coil plunger is a screw with a rubber tip used to adjust the height of the post to keep the tip flush with the playfield surface. Make sure that a) the bottom of the plunger isn't stuck to the black rubber piece and b) that the height of the post isn't too low, thus not allowing the coil to pull the plunger up and through. Move it up and down by hand a few times then try it again in coil test.

Yeah it moves freely by hand, if anything the spring seems a little too light. The post is level with the playfield also. Sorry, i should have said that i have ruled out the mechanical side of the issue

#8 6 years ago

BUMP for some help.......pleeeeaasssseee

#9 6 years ago

Surely someone must have an idea what might be going on with this? do i need to offer payment for help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-updown-post-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.