Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Try to start a game and get a ball missing error. Go into switch test and when I trigger the left coin switch and the start button the ball trough VUK opto switch shows up as well. None of the other switches on that row cause the opto switch to show up. Take the balls out and the coin and start switches register as normal. Replaced a diode on the coin slot switch, it was giving some strange numbers on the DMM. Checked the opto board and everything seems good on it. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. Time for a new set of opto boards? I will go over all the other switches and diodes again, but it seems to maybe some surface mounted component on the opto board that has crapped out. My guess anyways.

#2 11 years ago

This really feels like a diode or wiring issue not one with the opto itself. Those optos can be flaky but this is a very specific symptom. Where are you on this?

#3 11 years ago

I was working on the switch matrix again to try and find the source and then I started getting some on and off bank door opto problems during the tests. Took it apart and discovered that the trace on the top circuit board for the bank optos had broken and was only touching sometimes. Need to order a new board for the bank and take a longer look at those diodes. I'm leaning towards the Start button. The only switches in that row that cause this problem are the left coin switch and the start button. Replaced the left coin switch and the diode. Can't see any shorts or problems with the wiring. If it ain't one thing it's another. Hate having a black hole in the line up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-switch-matrix-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.