Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by goggleloy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a Stern Monopoly game that has been working pretty well up until recently. In the last few weeks, the machine is sending out additional balls into the playfield while the game is in process.

This initially started with two balls being put into the lane at the start, but it has turned into ball after ball being shot out. I can be playing and balls just start shooting out, and as they drop down more get sent out.

I tried to look for an opto sensor down there but didn't see anything like some of the other posts are tried to review found.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss for what I am supposed to do. I even turned off the adjustment for chaser ball.

Thanks, Adam

#2 1 year ago

Reseat the connectors to the small opto boards at the end of the ball trough.

If it returns or doesn't fix it. Reflow the solder on the small boards for the optos and the pins the connector plugs onto.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I reseated the connectors with no success. The opto looks very small, like it is only looking for one ball. Is that correct? When all the balls are in the trough it does not say any are missing.

#4 1 year ago

If it returns or doesn't fix it. Reflow the solder on the small boards for the optos and the pins the connector plugs onto.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, Reflow the solder on the optos boards, that is what has fixed my Monopoly and POTC. My POTC would just shoot out a ball when the game wasn't being played, it was weird hearing it play by itself.

#6 1 year ago

Do you see two lit optos on the trough board? (The small square one)

I think one opto may have failed.

#7 1 year ago

Had the same problem with my
Monopoly. There is two optos in the ball trough. The bottom was working and the top wasn't. Check the leds two make sure they are working

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Stone Mountain, GA
$ 169.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside