Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Scsurfer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ball is getting stuck in the hole where the rotateing flipper is. Any fixes?

#2 9 years ago

Take the rubber off

#3 9 years ago

i thought there was a code update to fix that

#4 9 years ago

There is a support note on Stern's website that addresses various possibilities -- Service Bulletin #130.

For this flipper the rubber should be pushed to the BOTTOM of the flipper, right at the table level. Otherwise it ends up pushing the ball back into the hole when it rotates.

#5 9 years ago

Replace the rubber of the driven wheel mounted on the mini flipper shaft underneath the playfield first. It's a 1" or 1-1/8" standard playfield rubber, preferrably in black. This friction will allow the most torque to be transferred from the drive motor to the driven wheel.

Later,
EV

#6 9 years ago

I had this very same problem as of Friday.

I though the old black 1" rubber was too dry and was not providing enough friction for the gears to grab onto each other. I tried the white 1" ring and it did not help. In fact, what happened is that it was sliding onto it own gear.

I solved this by adding two narrow 3/4" long strips of 3M double sided exterior tape (the dark gray type) into the gear groove. This does two things. (1) it prevent the ring from slipping onto its own gear, and (2) it slightly increases the radius of the ring and increases the grab on the mini flipper gear.

I can't tell yet whether the fix is going to last, but so far it works like a charm.

#7 9 years ago

They had this problem out-of-box. Pushing the flipper ring down to about 1/16'' from the bottom is a permanent effective solution.

Glad Stern was reading my RGP posts back then...

#8 9 years ago

Thanks. Moving the rubber down on the flipper works. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.