20150119_170703.jpg
20150119_170714.jpg
IMG_0827[1].JPG
backboardafter-424.jpg
NCM_0153.JPG
NCM_0157.JPG
NCM_0154.JPG
NCM_0156.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

I cold not stand the painted red / pink plain backboard any longer......

I looked for a suitable backboard decal or an arcade machine side art I could cut a section out of to use. Since I came up with nothing and I am in the process of shopping my Monopoly I needed to do something before putting it back together.

I used a PDF file for monopoly money and printed a couple sheets on fancy paper stock. I used the 3M clear ramp decal tape / adhesive to apply a couple sheets to the backboard. I am heading to Lowe's tomorrow to get a thin piece of acrylic cut to put over it. It will not win any beauty contests but better than the ugly paint wood slab IMHO. A reasonably priced and looking decal would be my 1st choice but the color laser printer and a couple beers works well, sometimes.

NCM_0153.JPGNCM_0153.JPGNCM_0154.JPGNCM_0154.JPGNCM_0156.JPGNCM_0156.JPG

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that does look better.

...as long as I put it on the correct side.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't tell me you put it on the wrong side first. If I was still using PhotoShop another fun thing would be to use a picture of a real game board and cut and paste a montage of it on the board. But to do it right it would have to be at least 100 or more images.

Nope, just kidding ( its on the right side ).

I did not find any good Monopoly graphics / images to use off the net and I am getting Photoshop lazy and simply printed something to cover the board. A real graphic montage would look much better.

#24 9 years ago

Hey, some doctors remove the wrong kidney so working on a pin and maybe making an "oops" is OK.

http://tinyurl.com/mmm7tu2

#25 9 years ago

In place with a piece of acrylic sheet over it.
Total cost was $10 for the acrylic sheet and I have two more pieces to use on something else.

NCM_0157.JPGNCM_0157.JPG

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Slots are for ramp supports. Excellent work Sir!

I like the cheap & easy mods.

NCM_0153.JPGNCM_0153.JPGbackboardafter-424.jpgbackboardafter-424.jpg

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

@Cal50, had you sent us an email we would have done one for you. We (PinGraffix) do a lot of work with our customers. As long as they help us out with templates and agree to model them and then take photos of them on their machines we always send them a free sample.

I will definitely keep that in mind for future stuff and thank you.

Monopoly is not a mainstream title ( low numbers and desirability) so I did not think anyone would tool up for it. Since you already have an art file for the side rails it would be pretty simply for you to crop or resize it for the backboard.

#37 9 years ago

What it looks like back together.....

One thing I will add is the hole in the backboard seems to be for clearance for the switch / wire gate when the ramp is installed.
Mine did not line up very close and I should have left my applied graphics & acrylic sheet that covers the backboard without the added hole.

I simply bent ( slightly) the switch angle towards the front of the machine and it swings freely without contact. Remove it from the plastic ramp before bending.

NCM_0152.JPGNCM_0152.JPG

#39 9 years ago

I used the Comet Pinball LED's and are pretty happy with them. I put them in the monopoly board inserts , sign's and a few random places. Ramps might appear "tough" but I would never bend a switch attached to one. WAY to easy to crack or break it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-pinblades-mod-by-pingraffix?tu=cal50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.