(Topic ID: 297449)

Monopoly Pinball Stuck Flipper

By juxtapoz15

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I recently replaced all of the rubbers on the flippers of my Monopoly Pinball game. After that the upper flipper (Free Parking) goes to the up position once you hit the start button for a new game. I’m assuming this is electrical and not mechanical since it goes back down after turning off the machine. Could someone help me with a starting point to look at this problem?

#2 2 years ago

Q14 mosfet on the Driver Board is most likely bad. This will need replacing as well as the diode 1N4007 on that specific coil.

Edit: This is the replacement Mosfet

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IRL540N

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Q14 mosfet on the Driver Board is most likely bad. This will need replacing as well as the diode 1N4007 on that specific coil.
Edit: This is the replacement Mosfet
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IRL540N

I’m not familiar with stern, does it use a two part flipper opto board like WPC? I recently has a WPC pin do this and it ended up being a broken flipper opto interupter

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I’m not familiar with stern, does it use a two part flipper opto board like WPC? I recently has a WPC pin do this and it ended up being a broken flipper opto interupter

Just a switch with a very small metal contact.

#5 2 years ago

OP, I would check the right cabinet flipper switch first. This is a dual switch and sometimes they can become too close and make contact , simulating a stuck up flipper....

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

OP, I would check the right cabinet flipper switch first. This is a dual switch and sometimes they can become too close and make contact , simulating a stuck up flipper....

Switch test is the place to start for the OP

3 months later
#7 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone that commented! I finally found some free time and replaced the Q14 mosfet and the flipper now goes up once the machine is turned on instead of after a game is started. After that I replaced the diode on the coil and the flipper doesn't respond at all now. I noticed in the manual that the original diode used is a 1N4004 instead of a 1N4007. Does that make a difference or can you go up in size on these? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-pinball-stuck-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.