You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3548 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Any possibility to replace this plastic on the ramp? The clear piece which hangs off? Started to put leds in the game today and didn't notice this when I went to buy it.

IMG_3548 (resized).JPGIMG_3548 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=310

Your old one should turn a little and pull straight off. Depending on how much melted, might be harder to get off.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

It has essentially fused with the clear plastic. I can't seem to get it off. The clear plastic melted as well underneath. LTG

#5 5 years ago

+1 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8171-9
More than likely you will also need the lamp socket (see page 64 of your manual)

You may also need to troubleshoot why this flash lamp was stuck on...I assume its now burned out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 5 years ago

Thanks gentleman, will order that tonight.

How would I remove it off the ramp itself?

#7 5 years ago

Take the plastic off....cut it off, rip it off, the plastic underneath is not hard to duplicate, it's separate from the ramp.

#8 5 years ago

shacklersrevenge - Cut it off!?

Are we not men? I know we aren't Devo. There has to be a more civilized way - although looking at it, I'm not sure.

Any chance there is a video or guide on how to do this?

If I can make this game really clean and nice, might bring it to Pintastic for Freeplay.

#9 5 years ago

I need any and all ideas here.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I need any and all ideas here.

Cut a new piece of clear. Or cut the red off the old red and stick a new flasher dome on and see if it covers the hole in the clear enough to get by.

LTG : )

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

shacklersrevenge - Cut it off!?
Are we not men?

I know I am a man, so I'm not cutting anything off. Not sure what you're doing...

#12 5 years ago

shacklersrevenge - I meant cutting off the plastic seems barbaric, and there has to be a more civilized method.

#13 5 years ago

Full disclosure ... I don't own and have never played this game.

That being said, and if I'm looking at the right part in the manual, then this plastic is fastened to the ramp with two rivets; the best way to remove them is to drill them out, I personally would not do this with the ramp in the game since there appears to be wires under them and you could never install new rivets without removing the ramp from the game. You should be able to remove the entire ramp with the attached lights and switches still connected. Once you have it out, you can get a better look at what you are dealing with.

The next step will be to get the wiring and light socket out of the way ... If its melted and wont come out, you are going to have to replace it, you will have to determine the best way to deal with the wiring...hopefully there is enough slack to push them into the new socket, if so, just cut them off as close as you can.

With everything out of the way drill out the two rivets with the smallest possible bit that will get the job done. Its going to be up to you if you are going to re rivet this or just use screws to hold the new plastic in place.

I would order everything highlighted below and have them on hand before I took anything apart.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-parts-question-melted-plastic?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.