View topic image gallery

20170329_222719 (resized).jpg
20170329_222128 (resized).jpg
IMG_4198 (resized).JPG
IMG_4196 (resized).JPG
IMG_4197 (resized).JPG
IMG_4195 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I just picked up a very nice HUO Monopoly. the owner did not do much but put in some LED's. I am going to change those out with a Cointaker kit. However I was wondering if anyone knew of a speaker panel front mod? I can get lights for the speakers but I wanted to make teh panel look better. Any ideas? Also any other ideas you have would be great!

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just picked up a very nice HUO Monopoly. the owner did not do much but put in some LED's. I am going to change those out with a Cointaker kit. However I was wondering if anyone knew of a speaker panel front mod? I can get lights for the speakers but I wanted to make teh panel look better. Any ideas? Also any other ideas you have would be great!

Check out Pinball Supernova's Monopoly on Youtube. He added monopoly game pieces to the tops of the screws on the inlane plastics and it looks really cool. Also, they sell they backboard monopoly money sticker that looks really nice too. I'm borrowing a friends Monopoly and I love it. It's a really underrated game IMO. The rules are deep.

#3 7 years ago

I make interactive Undercab lighting as well as an interactive backbox mod. Doug at Speakerlightkits.com has the speaker lights.

#4 7 years ago

I will be sure to check it out. I have always love the game monopoly and now I have it is a pinball and I have to do some work to make it brighter for me but I love playing in already

#5 7 years ago

Also most monopoly machines seem to have that annoying speaker hum , The one I have now did so I replaced resistors R106 and R110 on the CPU/sound board and now the hum is totally gone. Not sure if yours has it but I figured I'd through that out there.

#6 7 years ago

Somewhere i saw installed yellow plastic dices instead of the flasher domes.

#7 7 years ago

Mine does have that annoying hum but I will take care of that down the road. I have apron lights coming from Pinball Refinery. I am legally blind and his mods make it so much easier for me to play.

#8 7 years ago

We need to hide all the wires...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

We need to hide all the wires...

Mine attach to the front of the apron and then I run them under the left side of the apron and down and under the front of the PF. Then I run it along the main wiring line toward the back and then to the front for power.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Mine attach to the front of the apron and then I run them under the left side of the apron and down and under the front of the PF. Then I run it along the main wiring line toward the back and then to the front for power.

Sorry to be unclear. I didn't mean wires from mods, I meant the stock wires that are exposed along the ramps.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Sorry to be unclear. I didn't mean wires from mods, I meant the stock wires that are exposed along the ramps.

Yeah I saw that. It looks like a flawed design in some spots. Especially under the domes.

#12 7 years ago

Here are some mods I added to my game. The figurine is a Christmas ornament and I took off the handle. The ornament now looks like a mm official monopoly toy. The other plastic pieces are fridge magnets. All the mods cost me under $20 on eBay. Best of luck

IMG_4195 (resized).JPGIMG_4195 (resized).JPG

IMG_4197 (resized).JPGIMG_4197 (resized).JPG

IMG_4196 (resized).JPGIMG_4196 (resized).JPG

IMG_4198 (resized).JPGIMG_4198 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Here are some mods I added to my game. The figurine is a Christmas ornament and I took off the handle. The ornament now looks like a mm official monopoly toy. The other plastic pieces are fridge magnets. All the mods cost me under $20 on eBay. Best of luck

They look awesome!! Really nice job Jack.

#14 7 years ago

There is a shooter rod with a dice on it that looks and feels awesome. Some dude here sells them.

I put the xmas ornament dude on top of the bank, looks cool.

I tried putting the game pieces on top of the screws on next to the flippers but could not get them to stick, 5 of the 6 fell off within one session of play.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Those are the types of mods i like. Simple and easy.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Mine does have that annoying hum but I will take care of that down the road. I have apron lights coming from Pinball Refinery. I am legally blind and his mods make it so much easier for me to play.

If those are helpful for you our full Ultimate LED kits would be fantastic. We have ball through lighting and top of Playfield led strips on all games and many other games have a 3rd or 4th strip in really dark areas even. All of our kits have spotlight kits added as well, which are totally plug n play, and illuminate the playfield nice and even so it's really easy to see to play.

Maybe something to check out! You can use code 'pinside' to get 10% off as well

http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/monopoly-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit - Unfortunately this kit doesn't have pictures, but its a great looking kit. All of our kits are non-ghosting as needed as well. This kit has non-ghosting bulbs which are crucial to this game!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

They look awesome!! Really nice job Jack.

Thanks I appreciate it.

#18 7 years ago

This is a cool topper it changes color, couldn't get a good pic when lighted. Also the dice shooter.

20170329_222128 (resized).jpg20170329_222128 (resized).jpg

20170329_222719 (resized).jpg20170329_222719 (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Used to own one and I used Monopoly game player pieces and placed them on top of the bolts and nuts that hold the sling shot covers on. Look for old games with playing pieces at Goodwill or yard sells.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If those are helpful for you our full Ultimate LED kits would be fantastic. We have ball through lighting and top of Playfield led strips on all games and many other games have a 3rd or 4th strip in really dark areas even. All of our kits have spotlight kits added as well, which are totally plug n play, and illuminate the playfield nice and even so it's really easy to see to play.
Maybe something to check out! You can use code 'pinside' to get 10% off as well
http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/monopoly-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit - Unfortunately this kit doesn't have pictures, but its a great looking kit. All of our kits are non-ghosting as needed as well. This kit has non-ghosting bulbs which are crucial to this
game!

Thanks for the heads up! I wish I had known because spot lights would be awesome to have on this.

#21 7 years ago

I had fun modding my Monopoly and posted my mods in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-simple-cheap-mod#post-3342044

If you already have a Monopoly board game sitting in a closet, then you'll be able to use the box and the gameboard for some very nice cosmetic mods.

2 years later
#22 4 years ago

attitude05 Did you ever find a decorated speaker panel for Monopoly? I am looking for one too. I did come across this, but it doesn't look like they ship to the US. https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/monopoly/9392/display-panel-for-monopoly?c=2824

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-mods-1?hl=wolfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.