Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2341 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2340 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hey everyone,

Acquired my first Pinball (Monopoly)! It was in rough shape but I'm having a great time cleaning out pop bumpers, kitting out LEDs, and making this bad boy play like new. I'm thinking a second machine is not far behind. Anyway, the Relight Jackpot w/ Lit lamp on the game is struggling. Brand new comet red LED (led is working) but the light barely turns on and sometimes not at all. So far as I can tell all the wiring is ok. Nothing looks loose or disconnected (and it gets some power some times).

Is it common for these lamp sockets to go bad? How would one go about removing this socket? It's not screwed it but has these button clamp things. Some of these things are new to me (I'm comfortable w voltage testing / soldering). Also, are the wires soldered into the socket or do they have a quick disconnect?

Thanks for any help - some pictures are attached.

IMG_2339 (resized).jpegIMG_2339 (resized).jpegIMG_2340 (resized).jpegIMG_2340 (resized).jpegIMG_2341 (resized).jpegIMG_2341 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

On the 555 LED lamps, I have to rework the wire leads to make good contact with the socket. I typically pull up on the wire leads slightly before inserting into the socket. Might take 2 or 3 tries to get a good connection.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

On the 555 LED lamps, I have to rework the wire leads to make good contact with the socket. I typically pull up on the wire leads slightly before inserting into the socket. Might take 2 or 3 tries to get a good connection.

Hi Schudel, I appreciate the reply. I tried to pull up on the leads every which direction but no dice. I still get a barely lit LED - quite odd. This wouldn't have anything to do with ghosting / non-ghosting LEDs would it?

3 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

I bought Monopoly as my first pin as well about a month ago! Mine is in very nice condition but i did notice that my relight Jackpot light never goes on either. wonder if its a software glitch. I'm on ROM 3.03. Did you ever get this sorted out?

3 weeks later
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from BlackRcode:

I bought Monopoly as my first pin as well about a month ago! Mine is in very nice condition but i did notice that my relight Jackpot light never goes on either. wonder if its a software glitch. I'm on ROM 3.03. Did you ever get this sorted out?

Hey sorry I didn’t see the reply on this. I thought it may be a software glitch too, but I’m on 3.01 (you have the latest firmware).

I ran a voltmeter and the socket does get juice. Do you have LEDs or regular bulbs? I have tried ghosting and non-ghosting by the way.

Anyone else with a Monopoly able to weigh in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-jackpot-lamp-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.