(Topic ID: 63575)

Monopoly in the house! & help with the Bank optos?

By dmklunk

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmklunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Bought a nice Monopoly today that has been HUO for the past 10 years. It's in really nice shape except for the fact that the Bank doesn't open when it's hit. It opens occasionally when the game tells it to, but not when it's hit with the ball. I am assuming this is an opto issue? I see what looks like an opto board but I've never dealt with Stern before so I don't really know what I'm looking at. All the connectors and everything seem to look good, though. Any explanation to this issue?

Thanks!

Derek

#2 10 years ago

Derek,
You need to get in the menu and test the optos in the switch matrix. Just put it into switch test and run your fingers over the clear lens on the playfield. There are four receivers under the playfield. Check them individualy. The opto senders are the red lights above the bank door. These may need to be adjusted too. If you can't get the bank optos to shut off individualy in the switch test either you need to repair the optos underneath the playfield by removing that board, or purchase a new receiver board all together.

#3 10 years ago

I have gone into the Bank test mode and tested all the optos on the board and have not gotten it to trip the switch on any of them. When I turn on the machine, the LED's on the underside of the board under the playfield flash briefly and then go off and don't come on again. Any explanation?

#4 10 years ago

Bump, still need help with this. Should the LED's under the opto board flash when they get power and then turn off? I am thinking that they should come on and stay on?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-in-the-house-help-with-the-bank-optos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.