(Topic ID: 220240)

Monopoly has no music (sometimes)

By chuckcasey

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Stern Monopoly , after playing for a while and sometimes on boot up, has no MUSIC. The call outs and sound effects seem perfectly fine. No changes were made prior to issue starting (only shopping last 2 years).

CPU is a Whitestar CPU/Sound BOard 520-5136-00 Rev D.

I pulled and reseated U7, U4 and U6. I reflowed solder to the male molex for sound. Inspected, visually, all components around amp and they look good. Appears all components are original. U7 has date of 8/21/01.

Help needed, this is my wife's fave game and she's all over my but to get it fixed.

Thanks!

#monopoly

#2 5 years ago

Edit: Wrong cpu board. Have you tried reseating all the ROMs?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Edit: Wrong cpu board. Have you tried reseating all the ROMs?

The same CPU board I've had since purchased (3 years).
    I will try to reseat EVERYTHING again. I think it's a good suggestion. I'll reflow some more solder and reinspect.

#4 5 years ago

No, your CPU board is fine. I edited because I asked what version the sound software was, and then realized you don't have that version of the board.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-has-no-music-sometimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.