• Latest reply 6 years ago by atom518
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monopoly (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Anyone know what size sockets/allen wrench I'll need to remove legs/drop backbox on a Monopoly for transport? I'm picking one up from a local uni and I've never owned/transported a machine before.

monopoly (resized).jpgmonopoly (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

9/16 and 5/8 should cover either leg bolt/head bolt possibility.

5/16 allen for the coffin lock

#3 6 years ago

Just bring a socket set! Do you have a dolly, straps, blankets, cardboard? These things are heavy -- 250lbs. Also suggested that you remove the balls from the machine. Here is one thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-a-pin-1

Congratulations! Monopoly was my first machine too. The theme is a bit aseptic but overall it is a fun game.

#4 6 years ago

I'm picking it up this weekend- grabbing a legit dolly + necessary supplies. Fun part is they've lost/misplaced the machine key so I'm probably going to drill it out right there in the middle of campus. Thanks for the help guys!

#5 6 years ago

Open it at home, keep any quarters. Only need a big allen key to lower the head. There are no head bolts. Keep the game flat if you don't drill the lock to remove the coinbox and loose bits.

With no key on offer there is a chance that the item is not being sold by the owner.

#6 6 years ago

It's been in a campus game room for a few years- the company that sold it to them went out of business. They've lost/misplaced the key so I'm hoping for some type of windfall- beyond the machine of course!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-general-qs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.