(Topic ID: 229346)

Monopoly For Millennials (yes it is real)

By HighProtein

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1543399262123 (resized).jpg
F0B8E897-AFE2-4A6D-AF6C-ED1543A7FE26 (resized).jpeg
A801C658-7779-4E8C-BAFE-3A631BA26B55 (resized).png
20181103_171409 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1542033328100 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Saw this photo, didn't believe it...

FB_IMG_1542033328100 (resized).jpg

Found it in a store!

#2 5 months ago

The back is absolutely fantastic, displaying the board and all the squares. I was dying.

20181103_171409 (resized).jpg

"Pass go, pay $200." xD....

#3 5 months ago

That's hilarious.

#4 5 months ago

Haha... The best part is now reading some mellinial backlash (pissy tweets) aboot it.

50 on Amazon... Wait i can afford it
amazon.com link »

#5 5 months ago

Lol stupid millennials trying to enter the workforce during the biggest recession since the great depression

#6 5 months ago

I really questioned if it was real.
Funny how it was hidden up top on the shelf.

#7 5 months ago

Is there a safe space and a crying closet on the board?

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there a safe space and a crying closet on the board?

Hehehe

#9 5 months ago

Omg I love this. Mad respect to Monopoly.

#10 5 months ago

Do people realize that millennials are people abetween the ages of 25 and 35? Millennials aren’t just the college kids.

This game looks like some out of touch Gen Xers tried to make something to engage millennials, but instead offended them by filling it with stereotypes. So dumb.

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Do people realize that millennials are people abetween the ages of 25 and 35.

The term has morphed into younger annoying people; it happens. Try to figure out what a hipster is now.

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Do people realize that millennials are people abetween the ages of 25 and 35? Millennials aren’t just the college kids.
This game looks like some out of touch Gen Xers tried to make something to engage millennials, but instead offended them by filling it with stereotypes. So dumb.

I do. I'm a millennial. The hate on them always makes me laugh.

It's like listening to grandparents say elvis was gonna make all the kids sex crazed heathens.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I do. I'm a millennial. The hate on them always makes me laugh.
It's like listening to grandparents say elvis was gonna make all the kids sex crazed heathens.

No it's nothing like that. You do sound like a true millennial!

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

No it's nothing like that. You do sound like a true millennial!

Sure it is. If all you kids and your rock and roll woulda just gotten off their lawn this never woulda been a problem. Lol.

Every generation thinks the new one is garbage. I'm pretty sure it's history goes back to the stone age.

#15 5 months ago

It's going to be hard to understand as a millennial but it's the softest generation we've ever seen. I've actually bought stock in Kleenex bc of all the tears they're shedding.

Truly the participation trophy generation

#16 5 months ago

Wow, lol, that gave me a good laugh. It also reminded me of this Family Guy clip.

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's going to be hard to understand as a millennial but it's the softest generation we've ever seen. I've actually bought stock in Kleenex bc of all the tears they're shedding.
Truly the participation trophy generation

Truth.

But who handed them the trophies? I think generations tend to be products of the people and family units that raised them. So perhaps all generations would benefit from a long look in the mirror.

That being said I dont identify much with people my own age, so perhaps you're right. All my colleagues and friends are in their 50s.

#18 5 months ago

"When I was young, we lived in a brown paper bag in the bottom of a septic tank.

You tell the young people that now, and they won't believe you."

#19 5 months ago

Wait...tell me again, who raised the Milennials?

#20 5 months ago

A801C658-7779-4E8C-BAFE-3A631BA26B55 (resized).png
#21 5 months ago

How the heck do they fit into those skinny jeans? Quinoa and caffeine diet? No muscle mass? Makes my balls hurt just thinking about it.

#22 5 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

How the heck do they fit into those skinny jeans? Quinoa and caffeine diet? No muscle mass? Makes my balls hurt just thinking about it.

Lmao

#23 5 months ago

It's like anything else, mellinials seem like the worst thing possible but generation Z is going to have us begging for them back!
My daughter is gen alpha and already pissing me off.

Quoted from JodyG:

Wait...tell me again, who raised the Milennials?

Baby boomers... Dot get me started on those goddamn hippies.

#24 5 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

When I was young, we lived in a brown paper bag in the bottom of a septic tank

True story...So there was this kind of wild bush tree thing flourishing in an unwatered area of our property near the septic tank for several years, we are also in a drought so this always puzzled me.

So we recently bought a travel trailer and after our first trip I went to empty out the Black/grey into our septic tank...popped the lid off and the water was up to it with some roots floating

After having it pumped out, I pop my head in and sure enough there is a literal wall of roots down the side stemming from a main 4 inch diameter root...no choice but to go in...

So I gear up with work clothes, head light, electric chainsaw and venture in...a quick glance up at the ceiling reveals hundreds of comfortable black widows nestled away within the concrete imperfections...I make quick work of the root wall into 3 sections with my electric chainsaw, each one falling with a great splash into the remaining 4 inches of excrement as I stand on a small step stool.

I don’t think that has anything to do with monopoly or millennials
F0B8E897-AFE2-4A6D-AF6C-ED1543A7FE26 (resized).jpeg

#25 5 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

True story...So there was the kind of wild bush tree thing flourishing in an unwatered area of our property near the septic tank for several years, we are also in a drought so this always puzzled me.
So we recently bought a travel trailer and after our first trip I went to empty out the Black/grey into our septic tank...popped the lid off and the water was up to it with some roots floating
After having it pumped out, I pop my head in and sure enough there is a literal wall of roots down the side stemming from a main 4 inch diameter root...no choice but to go in...
So I gear up with work clothes, head light, electric chainsaw and venture in...a quick glance up at the ceiling reveals hundreds of comfortable black widows nestled away within the concrete imperfections...I make quick work of the root wall into 3 sections with my electric chainsaw, each one falling with a great splash into the remaining 4 inches of excrement as I stand on a small step stool.
I don’t think that has anything to do with monopoly or millennials [quoted image]

Guessing from your story you're not a millenial.

#26 5 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Guessing from your story you're not a millenial.

Not technically, but I do take a nap after my vegan lunch every day...

#27 5 months ago

The game should come with a phone app so parents can watch them play and weigh in on every move.

#28 5 months ago

I may do a video playing for the heck of it haha

#29 5 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I may do a video playing for the heck of it haha

If you do, don't forget to ask for money from people for making the video

#30 5 months ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Yep. We got made fun of by Boomers. Paying it forward. Lol. This is great!

#31 5 months ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

If you do, don't forget to ask for money from people for making the video

Starbucks gift cards

#32 5 months ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Lol stupid millennials trying to enter the workforce during the biggest recession since the great depression

???

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha... The best part is now reading some mellinial backlash (pissy tweets) aboot it.
50 on Amazon... Wait i can afford it
amazon.com link »

Haha, liked the comment about the participation trophy!! Classic

#34 4 months ago

Lol! Those wacky millennials and their *squints at palm* inability to access financial security due to the abhorrent systemic greediness of the previous generations! Hashtag ukelele!

#35 4 months ago

i wonder who the target market actually is? millennials or old farts making fun of them.

#36 4 months ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i wonder who the target market actually is? millennials or old farts making fun of them.

I'd say Gen Xers

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

"When I was young, we lived in a brown paper bag in the bottom of a septic tank.
You tell the young people that now, and they won't believe you."

Luxury!!! You were lucky to have a paper bag. We had to work in the mill 26 hours a day and pay for the privilege! When we got home our father would kill us and dance on our graves!
(Nice to see another Monty Python fan here)

#38 4 months ago

FB_IMG_1543399262123 (resized).jpg
#39 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

I don't know...at least it's not a shaved side man bun.

#40 4 months ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I don't know...at least it's not a shaved side man bun.

Who am I kidding? I'm still seeing the guys in my picture at Pinball shows

3 weeks later
#41 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

I used to beat up those guys. I was a ripped jeans/ denim and unlaced boots punk.

At least now my boots are laced up. *finger snap and point.*

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside