Monopoly electric company kick out problem

By Chochi_ca

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Monopoly electric company kick out not kicking out strong enough. Stays in hole. Is the coil weak? Or need new sleeve?

#2 11 years ago

Check the coil sleeve first and do some cleaning around the coil area.If the ball is not being kicked out and ball search happens then you need to check that switch.

#3 11 years ago

Relplace coil sleeve and cleaned parts. It trys to kick out but does not kick out over the small metal bar in front of hole. I have tried repositioning coil bracket but bolt holes allow very little movement. Was thinking of drilling out holes on bracket too allow more adjustment?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Relplace coil sleeve and cleaned parts. It trys to kick out but does not kick out over the small metal bar in front of hole. I have tried repositioning coil bracket but bolt holes allow very little movement. Was thinking of drilling out holes on bracket too allow more adjustment?

Are you sure its the correct coil in there?

#5 11 years ago

Not positive . Was in the machine when I got it. Will check

#6 11 years ago

This is almost always a linkage issue. Take the coil parts apart and clean them. Maybe get a new coil plunger. Then install a new sleeve. If you want to look at swapping the coil, there is probably the same coil used elsewhere in the machine so you could swap them. If you do make sure you don't swap the wire to diode band positions or you'll be replacing board transistors next.

#7 11 years ago

It is the correct coil. Parts were cleaned. Still not ejecting properly . Replace coil?

#8 11 years ago

First make sure everything is aligned properly. Then replace the coil sleeve. Then check coil strength setting in settings if there is one on this machine.

#9 11 years ago

I have replaced the sleeve. Aligned properly.. Still not kicking out. Is it possible the out hole has worn down a bit in front of the metal bar in front of ejection point? It seems too kick out right into bar popping it straight up rather than over the bar. I am goin too order another coil too elimate as possiblilty.

#10 11 years ago

Bump

5 months later
#11 11 years ago

Choci_ca: Whatever came of this?

#12 11 years ago

I had this issue with my Monopoly when I first got it (NIB). I ended up slightly bending the bracket that holds the solenoid to the playfield to help kick the ball out more horizontally. From the factory, it looked like the kicker alignment was such that the ball was basically being kicked straight up.

9 months later
#13 10 years ago

Bumping this up as I have the very same issue with the Monopoly I have now.

New coil sleeve, components cleaned.

Any other ideas?

Chris

#14 10 years ago

This is what happens on my machine -

Chris

#15 10 years ago

Bumping this up again for some Tech assistance if possible.

Thanks!

Chris

#16 10 years ago

Mine did this exact same thing. I adjusted the solenoid bracket so it would kick the ball out at a better angle.

It doesn't take much

#17 10 years ago

How did you adjust it? Just by bending it?

This is really frustrating me. As is the Chance lock, but that's another thread altogether

Chris

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

How did you adjust it? Just by bending it?
This is really frustrating me. As is the Chance lock, but that's another thread altogether
Chris

I bent it until it popped out correctly

#19 10 years ago

hmmmm, okay. I did try that a bit last night and still no luck.

Could my balls be too small?

Errrr. um, I mean the balls in the machine. I thought about that this morning. That might also explain why it dos not register in the Chance scoop even though the switch and coil both work in the tests, and when actuating the switch by hand, the coil fires.

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

#20 10 years ago

I had it once with Monopoly, and it was gone when I adjusted (in the menu) "coil strength" to hard.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks Richard, I will check on that setting.

Chris

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Richard_BoK:

I had it once with Monopoly, and it was gone when I adjusted (in the menu) "coil strength" to hard.

Well, we have a winner!

I can't believe I did not see this setting in the menu. I did as suggested, and set it to "hard".

The first 3 attempts it did the same thing, but then it started to work steadily every time.

Thank you Richard!!!!

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-electric-company-kick-out-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.