Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomspinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#623 5 years ago

Hi folks...

I'm having a problem with my Monopoly Opto Receiver board. My bank door optos have never worked. After some investigation, the underside board had a bent pin. Like someone mashed the connector and totally screwed up the pin. (See picture)

I bent the pin back, plugged it in, and saw a "flash" on the four led indicators on the underside of this board. I notice that if I put my fingers over the resistors on the board, the associated red led lights illuminate. When I take my fingers away, the led light illumination disappears and the game registers a "hit."

This suggests to me that the opto receiver board is probably shorted. Has anyone ever repaired this or a similar condition on this board? Any thread you can suggest I check?

Really would prefer not to buy a new receiver board as it seems rather pricey for what it is (Marco has it for $79!)

20190303_152348 (resized).jpg20190303_152348 (resized).jpg20190303_155043 (resized).jpg20190303_155043 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#636 5 years ago

Can you tell me about where these install? One of the biggest issues I'm having with my game as of now are balls getting stuck between the left ramp and the lower left red pop bumper. Right in that area resting on top of the plastic towards the lower part of the playfield (below the bumper).

#637 5 years ago

My monopoly game does not clear the locked balls immediately after the game, but rather waits until after the match screen and then the music after the match screen. As SOON as the music ends, the game ejects the balls out of the lock.

Another thing I noticed is that "sometimes" when the ball is saved, the game does not automatically launch the launch the ball onto the playfield.

Is this normal behavior, or can someone recommend some switches or wiring to check for shorts etc?

#639 5 years ago

Got it - you mean the water works skillshot?

How about the locked ball behavior? Any idea there? Thanks for the details on the plastics... may order it.

#640 5 years ago

Looks like the one for chance scoop is exactly what I'm looking for!

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The locked balls stay there like 30 seconds after your game ends. I thought it was an error also but it does that on everyone's machine it seems.

Thank you!

2 months later
#662 4 years ago

Hey everyone,

Having an odd issue with my monopoly game. My bank door opts are a little flaky, so I disabled it. Whenever I land on the pink properties st-charles Virginia Ave and States Ave, the mode is the rotating numbers. Well on the first number, if I shoot it up the center ramp (eg the bank) the game resets as soon as it hits the first ramp switch, and the ball drains to the jail. I am guessing that maybe the ball drains to the jail because the game resets and the magnet gets disabled, but I dont understand why the game resets. I have found that if I shoot the side shot to stop the first number, I dont have this issue. But every time without fail, the game resets if I shoot the ramp for the first number.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can check? Is this maybe a known bug with bank door disabled? I'll have to enable it and see. The game wasnt doing this before I disabled the bank door. Only 1.5 of my opto sensors work. I say 1.5 because one works and the other is flaky/ the light isn't quite strong enough and detects phantom hits.

Interestingly enough, the last time this happened, it didnt restart but the dmd went blank and the music kept going. It also smoked the controlled lamps fuse (f22 I think). I've read that likely suspect is bridge rectifier brdg20. I tried to take a video but then I realized too late that I wasnt taking a video. ‍♀️

Thanks for any help!

1 year later
#722 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a question about monopoly playfields. I see there are what appear to be 2 different versions: a version that has a more grey board, and one with a more green board. Photos attached for reference.

Does anyone know why these are different? I know monopoly was run several times so maybe they changed the colors intentionally (or not?) Over courses of the run?

I have heard that sometimes the playfields on this game are susceptible to "graining," and was curious if the grey or green version has that problem more or if it matters.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20200820-173335_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173335_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173858_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173858_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomspinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all?tu=tomspinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.