Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just thought it would be cool to see who else appreciated this under rated pin.

Lots of great long ramp shots, Lawlor design, multiball, lots of toys on the playfield.

In my opinion, great build quality.

Anyone else have and really enjoy Monopoly?

Chris

DSCF6972.JPGDSCF6972.JPG DSCF6973.JPGDSCF6973.JPG DSCF6986.JPGDSCF6986.JPG DSCF6988.JPGDSCF6988.JPG DSCF7047.JPGDSCF7047.JPG
#6 10 years ago

Glad it's not just me liking Monopoly

I hate the comparisons of Stern to Bally / Williams machines, but I find Monopoly reminiscent of Earthshaker and Whirlwind. Which, being Lawlor, does make sense.

I think it plays fast, with great sounds. And if you're bored, just sit and watch the Electric Company sign during attract mode. It comes up with some really funny stuff!

Chris

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I would love to get a Monopoly, but I feel if it were a different theme it wouldn't command the price it demands. I think it pumps the price to a level thats almost cost prohibitive. They were what, $2800 brand new? $3k? It should be a $1400 pin but its over the 2's range... Oh well, one day... a future Monopoly owner. It plays like dog shit if it isnt tuned in properly, super drain monster, but so would any pin in routed purgatory hehe.

You mean just like Medieval Madness? To me, that should be a 4K machine at most. I know people that bought them NIB on closeout for $2700. A 1969 Mach 1 was $2700 new. Not sure your point here

Monopoly is a bargain at the prices it sells for in my opinion. 3 ramps, great long shots, toys (waterworks flipper, electric company LED sign, etc). I like the interactive game board as well. There's a lot to be had I think. ANd it's built like a tank. Despite the fact that is is built well, it is easy to disassemble. I mean, 1 plug and 4 screws and the giant ramps can be removed. I find it very well thought out for the person who needs to clean the machine.

Compared to the 4K and up machines of today, I think it offers a lot of value, even at $2500

I do agree that it needs to be dialed in as you say. Maybe that is why so many people don't like it? The one I have now is sold, but another is on the way, which will be a keeper. Can't wait to get that one cleaned up and dialed in.

Chris

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You're confusing CV and NGG that went on closeout. MM never made it to closeout... they didn't make enough actually and sold out kinda quick. I was there at the time

Ah, I very well may be. Well, look where CV is now, LOL

Chris

1 week later
#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just joined the club today and already hard at work! Made this shooter rod last night and added Mr. Monopoly to a bare spot over the ramps. Also added some LEDs, but haven't gotten too far into that yet. As for the shooter rod, I have a die that is just a bit smaller. I actually like the bigger one, but gonna get a new blank rod and try the next size down.
I also have this little stack of money I bought on Ebay some time ago. I think I was gonna do something to my Jack-Bot at some point, but never did. Maybe on top of the bank plastic. Anybody else add anything to dress it up?

IMG_0112.JPG 201 KB

IMG_0119.JPG 229 KB

IMG_0111.JPG 87 KB

Those look good! Tasteful, not gaudy. Well played!

Chris

#27 10 years ago

Personally I don't normally like toppers, but that is really nice!

Chris

1 month later
#33 10 years ago

What don't you like about the art? I thought it was very well done and true to the theme.

Just curious.

Chris

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I actually like the art, but the general consensus seems to be that it's missing something.

Ah, ok. I didn't think so, but I have always been on the outside of normal, LOL

Chris

3 months later
#46 9 years ago

Matt is right, it is a silkscreened plastic for the Electric Company. At least on my machine it is.

Chris

6 months later
#72 9 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Well I've picked up everything I need to make my Monopoly new again! NOS ramps, NOS plastics, rubber kit, All the service bulletin mods, and I'm just trying to reach out to Cliffy for his protectors for it! Can't wait to scrub this one down and make it new again and play it!!

15855331428_77a94ecf2c_k(1).jpg 351 KB

If you can't get a hold of Cliffy let me know. I think I still have an unused Chance protector for this game.

Chris

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

My family love this game.
I m using comet's LED in my Monopoly.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2led.htm
My machine needs a new "yellow Bank" decal, but I cannot find it any where
Does anyone know where can I find it?

Do you just mean the one that says "BANK" on it? Or is there one that says "yellow bank" as you said? I was not aware of one that said yellow bank.

Chris

bank.JPGbank.JPG
#79 9 years ago

If you want an original and dont' want an entire decal set let me know I think I might have one. I can check for you.

Chris

#85 9 years ago

Is there actually a Community Chest option in the game? Or is is something that was never in the code?

We only ever seem to get the "Chance" option, although there is a "Community Chest" light.

Monopoly.jpgMonopoly.jpg
#87 9 years ago
Quoted from n49th:

Hi,
Community Chest appears to only be available during the Land Grab mode.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-question-about-community-chest-chance

Good find, thank you!

Chris

#92 9 years ago

Looking great!!! I know mine came up really nicely as well.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

1 month later
#119 9 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

There is a cliffy protector for this, on both sides of the ramp returns.

IMG_0966-001[1].JPG 116 KB

I think he meant the railroad ramp. That drops directly onto the playfield.

1 month later
7 months later
#198 8 years ago

The double plastics are correct. Mine is the same way. The wireform should be inserted into the holes in the bottom of the ramp.

DSCF6873.jpgDSCF6873.jpg

DSCF7017.jpgDSCF7017.jpg

#200 8 years ago

My game is at my in-maws, but I can check next time I am there. I seem to remember the gray post resting on the bumper cap. I will check my pics again as I might be thinking of something else.

If you need reference pics, My shop out pics are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157635341417678

Chris

1 year later
#294 6 years ago

Does anything come up on the display at all? Maybe te display plug is backwards?

Chris

1 year later
#562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Does anyone know what you have to do to get the community chest light to come on. I have checked the rule cards and theres not a word about it. Anyone know the trick?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the code doesn't support it.

I have never seen ours come on either.

Chris

1 year later
#738 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Has anyone had any issues with the kicker behind the Water Works bumpers not ejecting effectively? Should there be a small rubber on it? It works and punches the ball up but it doesn't always clear the metal strip on playfield and falls back into the hole.

Ours did that when I got it. There's an adjustment in the software for COIL PULSE POWER (adjustment # 36). We changed that to HARD and it has been fine ever since.

Chris

2 months later
#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Anyone ever see this problem, with Monopoly or any other game....?
When I go to enter initials, once I select the 3rd initial the DMD blacks out. But once the timer gets to zero or I hit the start button again (assuming I didnt hit a flipper and move the cursor off "end") it comes back and shows the match and back to normal.
Now here is the catch....... if I set the game to 10 letters for the high scores..... it does not black out.

Well that's strange. Almost like it's missing the animation sequence after you enter your initials and before the match sequence. What ROM version do you have in the game? Maybe try different ROMS? It sounded like you got a high score in that video, so I am guessing the animation video is missing from te "High score #__ - Award 1 credit" part of the equation.

That's all I can think of or that though.

Chris

1 year later
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Looking for a couple of pictures. I just picked up a monopoly for the family. It is pretty hacked up but the price was right.
Can someone take a couple of pictures for me? Specifically from the right side looking left. You can see here I have a Frankenstein that I am looking at fixing . Yes that is a card board.
Thanks, be well.
If someone would not mind , lots of pictures would be awesome , I am sure I have other hacked parts.
[quoted image]

Not sure if this is helpful, but this is what is on mine.

Quoted from Keeter:

Hey all, Just joined the club a couple weeks ago with my 1st pin ever. Quick question about the pop bumper lights. It seems during gameplay that they have a mind of their own and only certain ones to stay lit at certain times. I know all of the lights work because they all come on during attract mode. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it part of the rules set?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ours does this as well and I can't seem to make any sense of it. LOL

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all?tu=silverunicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.