Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I didn't even try to check Marco's. Every time I've ever needed a ramp from them they showed no stock. (Part listed for reference)
Thanks!!

You can call them, also. If they know someone wants something, a lot of times they can order it. Have the part number ready.
I just bought a huo,
needs a lot of updating, love it.

1 month later
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

It was a bit of a PITA. But I was able to successfully remove the head and get it down my stairs then get it all back together.
It plays pretty nice but definitely needs LEDs in the inserts. I'd like to put green LEDs behind the dollar signs in the speakers as well. If anyone has any recommendations for speaker lighting mods on whitestar games, Id appreciate the input.
Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Try speakers light kits.com Got mine from them, be sure to get a splitter, easy to do.

1 week later
#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Borrowing an idea from the other members in the club. Added some dice to the top of the long inlane studs.
Adding tokens or in my case dice, cuts down on any balls inadvertently bouncing over the guide and draining. Nothing worse than a drain that was totally out of your control and not suppose to happen.
[quoted image]

I really like your idea with the dice. Looks good and will also save balls. How did you go about it? Thanks.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:Took an brand new 1/8” drill bill and just drilled on the corner of the die. The dice I bought at the buck store almost had a small flat spot of each corner. I couldn’t clamp it in the vice very well so I just held them and drilled. The hole drilled was just right to self tap right on top of the stud.
The drill size was an experiment and it just worked out fine. I would have looked up the proper drill/tap chart but I was lazy.

I will follow your lead and do the same. Looks good, and will save some air-balls. They fly over the top sometimes. Very fast, still don’t know where it happens. Love the game. Thanks for the reply.

1 week later
#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Took an brand new 1/8” drill bill and just drilled on the corner of the die. The dice I bought at the buck store almost had a small flat spot of each corner. I couldn’t clamp it in the vice very well so I just held them and drilled. The hole drilled was just right to self tap right on top of the stud.
The drill size was an experiment and it just worked out fine. I would have looked up the proper drill/tap chart but I was lazy.

I did the same procedure you did. Sure looks good, like it belongs there. I will bet they keep those fast balls from reading railroad ramp from bouncing over the guides. I changed all the clear posts to blue with yellow rubber. Very pleased, thanks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 months later
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

I am currently running display version a2.06 and CPU version 2.5. I would like go ahead and upgrade to to CPU 3.03 BUT it says THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER. Sorry if this is a NOOB question but I can't figure out how to update/upgrade the Display version.

I am currently running display version a2.06 and CPU version 2.5. I would like go ahead and upgrade to to CPU 3.03 BUT it says THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER. Sorry if this is a NOOB question but I can't figure out how to update/upgrade the Display version. Any advice?

On the back of the display You will find the display rom. Drop down the speaker panel, easy to do.The roms have to go together. Go to Matt’s basement arcade. He will guide you on what to get. He makes them, usually around $20 a set He is on Pinside or,internet site.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

On the back of the display You will find the display rom. Drop down the speaker panel, easy to do.The roms have to go together. Go to Matt’s basement arcade. He will guide you on what to get. He makes them, usually around $20 a set He is on Pinside or,internet site.

Go to Pinside market splash, monopoly, you will see Matt’s basement.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

Well Matt's Basement is temporarily and possibly permanently out of business. Any other ideas where to get updated software for Monopoly?

Sorry to hear about that. I have also gotten them from Canada. Go to EBay, monopoly pinball, rom. Don’t know why the heading says used, he makes them, new.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Hi i am pinballrom.com . you can buy any pinball rom there or contact me directly. I have been doing roms for 25 years.

Very good to know. I will pass it on. Thanks.

2 months later
#861 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone in here bought decals for their cabinet and decide not to use them? I may be looking.
My cabinet is pretty much perfect except for the left side. It belonged to a childrens hospital previously and was wiped down daily with a disinfectant cleaner and it

Anyone in here bought decals for their cabinet and decide not to use them? I may be looking.
My cabinet is pretty much perfect except for the left side. It belonged to a childrens hospital previously and was wiped down daily with a disinfectant cleaner and it started to take the graphics off.
[quoted image]

Retrorefurbs. Com UK. Good people.

4 weeks later
#867 1 year ago
Quoted from Keeter:

After searching through the forums, I figured this is a more game specific question. I am planning to upgrade to LEDs. I would love to hear what strategies you used and pics if you wouldn't mind. Looking specifically at coloring matching vs ease of just ordering bulk of same bulbs and types of leds used in GI, inserts and pop bumpers. Thanks as always!

The best way on inserts is to raise the playfield, game on, go to single light test, start at the first, flipper button moves to next or previous light. Pen and paper, write down the color lens, type of light. (555 or 44). This makes the color pop. Comet is the cheapest and best led. Flashers test is the same, choose your color, all on this game are 89. GI , frosted 44 are easier on your eyes. White lights it up. The backboard has 10, 44 lights, red or blue are good choices, white will be too bright, hard on the eyes. The third flipper can get blue, blue plastic. Green plastic can get green, gives you more color. Look on this thread at gallery pictures for ideas. You will see mine, I changed the backboard to blue, not as striking. On Comet,go to Pops, go with theirs, really lights them up, stay with matching colors.You are creating a beauty,less power, less heat, lasts a long time. I will post a picture, soon.

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

The best way on inserts is to raise the playfield, game on, go to single light test, start at the first, flipper button moves to next or previous light. Pen and paper, write down the color lens, type of light. (555 or 44). This makes the color pop. Comet is the cheapest and best led. Flashers test is the same, choose your color, all on this game are 89. GI , frosted 44 are easier on your eyes. White lights it up. The backboard has 10, 44 lights, red or blue are good choices, white will be too bright, hard on the eyes. The third flipper can get blue, blue plastic. Green plastic can get green, gives you more color. Look on this thread at gallery pictures for ideas. You will see mine, I changed the backboard to blue, not as striking. On Comet,go to Pops, go with theirs, really lights them up, stay with matching colors.You are creating a beauty,less power, less heat, lasts a long time. I will post a picture, soon.

In case you are nervous about doing the lights, game on, leaving the coin door open, disables the high power.

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

In case you are nervous about doing the lights, game on, leaving the coin door open, disables the high power.

Quoted from DK:

I’m not a fan of color matching
Take a look at the clown puke club here on Pinside. It’s worse in person. Sorry

This is why you can’t help someone easily Opinions are exactly that. Just trying to give a newbie some guidance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#871 1 year ago
85F2BA0A-3D51-490F-9252-80993928EF73 (resized).jpeg85F2BA0A-3D51-490F-9252-80993928EF73 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#949 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i have enough to do 3 maybe 4 sets and that's it. The 2 larger plastics are pre cut and ready but i haven't made up any of the smaller protector i designed, just had too many projects to deal with lately (along with work, etc) The smaller protectors need to be bent and also the metal bracket needs bending and then both riveted together. I'll try and get the last 3-4 smaller protectors finished off soon and will then post in here. I've got a bad habit of starting too many projects and swamping myself

Very interested in the community chest. Protector, air balls are a real issue there. I have a friend, same problem. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all?tu=hippy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.