Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago

Got my highest score a few nights ago, about 45 million after a Land Grab. This is my first machine, it feels solid and lots to shoot at. But for some reason I don't get emotionally engaged while playing it. I wonder if it is because rather than gunning for the big boss or bad guy I am basically playing as a greedy capitalist.
This is my wife's favourite pin because it rarely goes down the outlane and is actually a good height for her, it is lower than my other pins.

1 year later
#236 8 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

When Monopoly was brand new I remember reading on RGP something about a golden thimble message in the roms..
Did anyone ever get that messaga for real or have more info about it ? Or was it just a hoax in the rom ?

If you download the ROMs from ipdb.org and search in moncpu.320 you can see the text:

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE FOUND THE GOLDEN THIMBLE! SEND YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS TO [%1]@PATLAWLORDESIGN.COM FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR [%2] [T-SHIRT] [COFFEE MUG] [BACKGLASS] [JACKET] [GRAND PRIZE]

Whether you can actually get to that is a different question!

I'd like to look a bit more in this ROM, there are some funny things in there:

BEFORE YOU DUMP THE LIST TO RGP YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT SOME MESSAGES ABOVE AREN'T SHOWN IN THE GAME CLOSE YOUR EDITOR AND PLAY SOME PINBALL!

5 years later
#777 3 years ago

First, a public service announcement -- check the wires running between your ramps and the hex posts on the slingshots. I had one pair worn through the insulation that blew fuse F7 and transistor Q29.

Next -- anyone ever have trouble with the ball getting stuck after falling down the A-B-C guides? I put on new Titan rubbers, wondering if the rubber size specified is too large.

The rubber map shows 3/16 ID rings at the top of the guides, and 5/16 ID rings at the bottom.

I just finished a playfield swap, Planetary Pinball has NOS playfields for $475

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I put a few new rings on lately, now the ball get stuck in my left inlane. Guessing my slingshot rubber too thick.
Edit - amazingly enough my original playfield looks brand new still!!

My original playfield was in pretty good shape. I was surprised when I got a new one, how much colour fade there was on the original (that I never noticed until I had a new one to compare it to).

I may have one ring that is too big, I'll pull it off and double-check. It is hanging kind of loose on the post.

#781 3 years ago

Measured the Titan 5/16" ID rubber exterior diameter -- 0.704".
Plain old white rubber 5/16" ID exterior diameter -- 0.680".

For now I have replaced one Titan with said white rubber...

#782 3 years ago

I have one flaky row (horizontal 5 dots on the middle block) on the Electric Company sign. It comes and goes, if I push on the back it seems to "fix" it so probably a bad solder joint. Is it possible to fix this by reflowing solder? Most of the components are surface mount. If so -- what I am looking at as the likely culprit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.