Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonanza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 8 years ago

I'm on board, played my first two games last night on my new to me machine

#167 8 years ago

How long was this game made for? My machine says it was built June 2, 2006, serial #200637

Also I have a strange buzzing noise that I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. I want to remove the fluorescent back light to see if it is that that is making the humming noise. Is there a trick to it? Doesn't seem to want to come out as I expect a normal light fixture bulb to come out. Maybe I am not giving it enough muscle . . . .

#169 8 years ago

thanks madman, I'll check into that.

Literally had the machine 24 hours. already online buying LEDs, lighted flipper buttons, and other stuff. Stop posting pictures, you guys are making me spend more money.

#174 8 years ago

So my new to me, Monopoly machine is getting some upgrades thanks to your suggestions. One of the things I am doing is switching the lighting to LED. I ordered Cointaker's Premium LEDs for $200 and started swapping them out. I don't think I ever really saw a video that compared the stock light bulbs with LEDs so I put LEDs in the right half of the Monopoly play board and left the left side stock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wtx5w7bz98kxrs/Pinball%20038.MP4?dl=0

I did manage to finish the center board, outboard lanes, and center 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, and 6x in about an hour. I had to loosen the chance VUK to get the sockets underneath it out and replaced but I never took it completely off. I had to go to work so I'll do more later in the week.

Hope this helps somebody. My impressions are they are much brighter and whiter than stock. I like it but some might find it distractingly bright. You could probably save money and go with the cheapest LEDs and it would still look better than stock but since I didn't got that route I can't say for sure.

Looks like I will have to take the ramps off to get to the pop bumpers. How hard is that to do? Anybody?

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thanks. I agree. And the price really can't be beat. On the sides I'm going to tape the property strip flush under the money strip (from the back of course) and run those down the sides of the cabinet. They arrived with some slight folds in the corners, etc, but I can easily live with that since I'm just trying to do better than the plain red and plain black sides.
I know pingraffix are so much nicer, but it was $12 and there's enough to replace them twice over.

I also go some but was wondering what you guys are going to use to affix them to the cabinet? Spray adhesive from a craft store?

#178 8 years ago

does anyone have a list on their computer that they can cut and paste into a post of all the sizes and number of the rubbers to replace for this game?

Nevermind on above - I pulled the parts manual down off the net

I figure if I have to take it apart to replace the bulbs for LEDs might as well do the rubbers.

Ramps came out fairly easy. Trying to find all the general illumination lights is interesting. they tuck those things in all sorts of places

#179 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in titan rings, I made a rubber parts list on their web site for Monopoly. The standard colors as listed in the parts manual are used (mainly white except for a 1 x black 1" ID ring, a black plunger tip, and red for the flippers). Although I think it lets you change the colors if you want.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/226

#181 8 years ago

I know some people are into pinball toppers and while I was on ebay looking for some monopoly tokens I found these that could be used as toppers. they light up. search "dept 56 monopoly" on ebay

1 month later
#187 8 years ago

So I finished putting Cointaker's LEDs and Titan's rubber rings in my Monopoly and kind of worked up a how to for beginners. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great. Or if you wish to use it, feel free to do so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf0syzfxaejli5m/pinball%20monopoly%20led.doc?dl=0

2 months later
#204 8 years ago

If anyone has a Hobby Lobby craft store near them, I saw some Monopoly art that might be useful decorations in somebodies game room.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=monopoly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonanza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all?tu=bonanza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.