Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.
#401 5 years ago

Running cpu 3.03 as it says at bootup.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Running cpu 3.03 as it says at bootup.

According to the change log, here:
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/monopoly-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade-eprom-chips/

3.02 added "always turn in the same direction" but on my machine, running 3.01, I have had several times when the ball got lodged like this and the flipper turned direction and freed itself.

Maybe buy a 3.01 rom?

#403 5 years ago

I figured that would be built into the newer code to be able to free itself but it never reverses itself. Seems a bit silly to have to go back to an older rom to fix this issue. I guess if thats the only way to fix it though then thats what I gotta do.

#404 5 years ago

I used to wax the stainless ball guide and armour all the flipper rubber.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I used to wax the stainless ball guide and armour all the flipper rubber.

Now thats good stuff i put carnuba wax on the flipper rubber and the ball guide earlier. Clearly great minds think alike!

#406 5 years ago

Well no go on the carnuba wax a ball got trapped 1st thing this morning. Other than swapping out the rom I think the only other thing to do is to remove the flipper rubber. Im sure it will look like crap but would think that the slick pladtic flipper bat wouldnt pinch the ball.

#407 5 years ago

Maybe i have a weird machine but usually the flipper will reverse direction if a ball gets stuck for too long. I've only had to take the glass off to free a trapped ball perhaps 3 or 4 times. Mine also varies speed sometimes too although it doesn't seem to be specific to any point in the game, perhaps i'm not paying enough attention to it to notice.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Maybe i have a weird machine but usually the flipper will reverse direction if a ball gets stuck for too long. I've only had to take the glass off to free a trapped ball perhaps 3 or 4 times. Mine also varies speed sometimes too although it doesn't seem to be specific to any point in the game, perhaps i'm not paying enough attention to it to notice.

What version of the ROM are you running? Mine does the same, but I'm running 3.01.

If you're running 3.03, perhaps there's an operator setting burried in the menus?

As for removing the rubber altogether, I would personally be a bit worried about damaging the flipper plastic with direct ball strikes.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Mancave what version of the rom are you running? Mocean you bring up a very good point about embedded operator setting that why im curiius if Mancave is also running 3.03 like me. If he is then my game should also reverse itself unless a setting is keeping it from doing so. My flipper also changes speeds throughout the course of tbe game but only goes 1 direction it never reverses.

#410 5 years ago

Found these templates online for the free parking ramp, the top of the left and right ramp and just to left of the chance trough. Will be getting these cut out and hopefully installed later on today.

20180909_084117 (resized).jpg20180909_084117 (resized).jpg
#411 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Found these templates online for the free parking ramp, the top of the left and right ramp and just to left of the chance trough. Will be getting these cut out and hopefully installed later on today.
[quoted image]

Good job with these! I added these to my Monopoly several years ago, and they are perhaps the single best thing you can add to it. Certainly prevents balls from flying off the ramps.

I'm certain I have the link for these somewhere, but if you have it handy, you might wish to post it for others.

Regarding the speed/direction of the mini flipper, I had a similar problem years ago. Perhaps this might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-mini-flipper-spins-like-crazy

I seem to recall also that the single direction (counter-clockwise) of the mini flipper was an update to the code, as has been previously mentioned. I'm running 3.01, and while I have occasional catches of the ball, the flipper will change direction after a few seconds, releasing it.

BTW, the speed of the mini flipper will increase as the water works multiplier increases, thus making the skill shot and subsequent attempts at water works more difficult.

#412 5 years ago

Just checked...and was forced to play some games even if it is 1.40am. Mine is running 3.01. It was originally running 3.03 but i was having up/down post issues as previously mentioned in earlier posts. When i had my main board repaired the up/down post was still not working so a mate kindly swapped me his driver board for the one out of his Simpsons machine and at the same time burned me the 3.01 code which fixed my problem.

#413 5 years ago

Well crap I guess it pretty much sounds like im gonna have to swap out the roms then. Ive never had to do that before and I dont have any friends that can burn me a copy so I guess I will look at that matts basement place. Is the process pretty much simple as removing the old one and setting new one in the old ones place?

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Good job with these! I added these to my Monopoly several years ago, and they are perhaps the single best thing you can add to it. Certainly prevents balls from flying off the ramps.
I'm certain I have the link for these somewhere, but if you have it handy, you might wish to post it for others.
Regarding the speed/direction of the mini flipper, I had a similar problem years ago. Perhaps this might help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-mini-flipper-spins-like-crazy
I seem to recall also that the single direction (counter-clockwise) of the mini flipper was an update to the code, as has been previously mentioned. I'm running 3.01, and while I have occasional catches of the ball, the flipper will change direction after a few seconds, releasing it.
BTW, the speed of the mini flipper will increase as the water works multiplier increases, thus making the skill shot and subsequent attempts at water works more difficult.

So I thought I would post the link for the plastic protectors in case somebody else was looking for them or just didn't know they even existed. http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well crap I guess it pretty much sounds like im gonna have to swap out the roms then. Ive never had to do that before and I dont have any friends that can burn me a copy so I guess I will look at that matts basement place. Is the process pretty much simple as removing the old one and setting new one in the old ones place?

Yes, it's pretty much straight forward. The ROMs will be labelled with the correct socket locations. If you don't have a chip puller, a small flat screwdriver will suffice. Just pry them up a little at a time from both ends, and try to be careful not to bend the legs. Then just gently push the new ones in, again making sure not to bend the legs. Also, make sure all of the legs are seated properly (I had a bent one once that didn't seat; drove me nuts until I found it!).

If you are planning on acquiring more pins in the future, you might want to invest in a chip burner for yourself. They're not that terribly expensive:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01212KD74/

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So I thought I would post the link for the plastic protectors in case somebody else was looking for them or just didn't know they even existed. http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

I bought a bunch of 1/32" lexan sheets a while back from Amazon. You can cut them with a pair of regular, sturdy scissors. This was how I made the protectors I was missing, and they also work to make plastic protectors in a pinch. Useful stuff to have around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DCKOAVU/

#417 5 years ago

Easiest solution for the stuck ball is to remove the rubber completely. Its pointless on it anyway as it's just aesthetic.

#418 5 years ago

Hey guys this guy is overseas but I contacted him and he offers a full set of decals for Monopoly for $200 shipped his email is [email protected] and all you have to do is shoot him an email and tell him what you are interested in. He has an online store on ebay and is a reputable seller as far as his feedback goes. Seller information: future2015mc9 (279 ) 100% Positive feedback. Just thought I would pass along his information as I have looked high and low for replacement cab decals and found none. Hope this helps!

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey guys this guy is overseas but I contacted him and he offers a full set of decals for Monopoly for $200 shipped his email is [email protected] and all you have to do is shoot him an email and tell him what you are interested in. He has an online store on ebay and is a reputable seller as far as his feedback goes. Seller information: future2015mc9 (279 ) 100% Positive feedback. Just thought I would pass along his information as I have looked high and low for replacement cab decals and found none. Hope this helps!

Definitely interested in cab decals for this machine, gotta be better than the crappy colour matching job the previous owner/s did. I did a seller search and at the moment he only has 3 machine cab decals for sale, when i spotted where from (Croatia) it got me wondering if it's the guy that was printing for Retro Refurbs?
It could be just coincidence but apparently all RR's cab decals were getting printed in Croatia.....interesting

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Definitely interested in cab decals for this machine, gotta be better than the crappy colour matching job the previous owner/s did. I did a seller search and at the moment he only has 3 machine cab decals for sale, when i spotted where from (Croatia) it got me wondering if it's the guy that was printing for Retro Refurbs?
It could be just coincidence but apparently all RR's cab decals were getting printed in Croatia.....interesting

Yeah i'm not sure if he did work for them or not. All I know is he has 279 positive feedbacks for the decals he sells on ebay which leads me to believe they must be good. Cannot believe nobody else is making these as there seems to be a strong demand due to the cabinets always getting beat to hell on these machines. Anyway as I stated above just wanted to pass along the chance to grab some decals as they seem to be nonexistent.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Anyway as I stated above just wanted to pass along the chance to grab some decals as they seem to be nonexistent.

Have you ordered a set for yourself? At the moment i can't spare the cash on a set but definitely keen to find out what the quality is like.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Have you ordered a set for yourself? At the moment i can't spare the cash on a set but definitely keen to find out what the quality is like.

I haven't ordered one of his sets just yet as I am still working on getying my mschine fully shopped out 1st. As soon as I finish the topside i will definitely be ordering a set.

#423 5 years ago

Broke 1 plastic today playing a game. By any chance does a yone have an extra pice they would sell? Its right below the right ramp and the mini flipper.

20180917_131922 (resized).jpg20180917_131922 (resized).jpg
#424 5 years ago

Thought I would share a mod i put together today after seeing someone else do it. Just couldnt stand to look at those crappy studs on the slingshot plastics anymore.

20180917_131108 (resized).jpg20180917_131108 (resized).jpg20180917_160521 (resized).jpg20180917_160521 (resized).jpg20180917_160530 (resized).jpg20180917_160530 (resized).jpg
#425 5 years ago

How did you attach the tokens?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Broke 1 plastic today playing a game. By any chance does a yone have an extra pice they would sell? Its right below the right ramp and the mini flipper.

Yeah i've got a nice 2nd hand spare. It's almost completely flat (very slight bend that would be fine once attached), got a couple of spots on the underneath but they aren't holes in the artwork though, just marks of some kind. I could post it over to you in an envelope sandwiched between 2 bits of thin cardboard fairly cheaply (might take a few weeks to arrive though). What do you reckon it's worth?

DSC03790 (resized).JPGDSC03790 (resized).JPGDSC03791 (resized).JPGDSC03791 (resized).JPG
#427 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

First I attached a #8 nut to the bottom of each token basically this nut will be a spacer with a clear 2 part epoxy like jb weld. It only takes 5 to 10 mins to dry so then i attached a #6 nut to the other nut and let that sit overnight so it would fully cure. If it isn't fully cured and you start screwing them on the nuts will seperate from the token. You can get a 10piece set of tokens for 7 or 8 bucks on ebay and the epoxy and nuts I picked up at walmart. You will need 6 of each #6x32 and #8x32 nuts and just 1 package of the 2 part epoxy. If you have a piece of styrofoam you can shove the pieces in the foam upside down after applying the epoxy so the nut doesn't slide off the piece. Hard to describe but you will see why I did that when you start because the epoxy seta up pretty quickly so you have to work fairly quick. Hope this helps it really is simple and really does help in my opinion.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Heres what I used.

20180917_193307 (resized).jpg20180917_193307 (resized).jpg20180917_193340 (resized).jpg20180917_193340 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180917-193722_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180917-193722_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#429 5 years ago

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but on both ramp shots the ball get stucks in the corner. Any suggestions how to fix this? I thought about making a plastic to cover the top of the ramp so the ball doesn't jump off..

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but on both ramp shots the ball get stucks in the corner. Any suggestions how to fix this? I thought about making a plastic to cover the top of the ramp so the ball doesn't jump off..

I posted the fix for this a week or 2 ago.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Menards sells small sheets of the lexan you will need to make these. http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Menards sells small sheets of the lexan you will need to make these. http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

...as does Lowes and Home Depot. Just about any home improvement store should have it.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I posted the fix for this a week or 2 ago.

Thanks, that seems easy enough to make..

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

First I attached a #8 nut to the bottom of each token basically this nut will be a spacer with a clear 2 part epoxy like jb weld. It only takes 5 to 10 mins to dry so then i attached a #6 nut to the other nut and let that sit overnight so it would fully cure. If it isn't fully cured and you start screwing them on the nuts will seperate from the token. You can get a 10piece set of tokens for 7 or 8 bucks on ebay and the epoxy and nuts I picked up at walmart. You will need 6 of each #6x32 and #8x32 nuts and just 1 package of the 2 part epoxy. If you have a piece of styrofoam you can shove the pieces in the foam upside down after applying the epoxy so the nut doesn't slide off the piece. Hard to describe but you will see why I did that when you start because the epoxy seta up pretty quickly so you have to work fairly quick. Hope this helps it really is simple and really does help in my opinion.

Thank you for the advice on how to attach the tokens. The use of a #8 nut over a # 6 nut and the Styrofoam comment were very helpful.

P1020542 (resized).JPGP1020542 (resized).JPGP1020548 (resized).JPGP1020548 (resized).JPG
#434 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thanks for posting this, reminded me that i still had the templates i printed out floating around somewhere When i did find them and went to cut them out i realised i had printed them at the wrong ratio, think it had "Auto zoom" selected on the print file instead of "Actual size" I did have to trim a little extra off the small one that attaches to the blue plastic (above the green line in pic). There was no way i was going to be able to attach the ramp otherwise, would have been sitting up on that top left edge. When you have a look at the photo of that particular plastic on his site it appears to be a different shape to the template so i'm just not sure if he's altered it but not changed the template. Even when the plastic was rotated around away from the ramp (so the right hand edge of the plastic is touching the pop bumper) there still wasn't enough clearance.

d27dd50e33838acafd7b39387ad5ada3810e2742 (resized).jpgd27dd50e33838acafd7b39387ad5ada3810e2742 (resized).jpg
#435 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks for posting this, reminded me that i still had the templates i printed out floating around somewhere When i did find them and went to cut them out i realised i had printed them at the wrong ratio, think it had "Auto zoom" selected on the print file instead of "Actual size" I did have to trim a little extra off the small one that attaches to the blue plastic (above the green line in pic). There was no way i was going to be able to attach the ramp otherwise, would have been sitting up on that top left edge. When you have a look at the photo of that particular plastic on his site it appears to be a different shape to the template so i'm just not sure if he's altered it but not changed the template. Even when the plastic was rotated around away from the ramp (so the right hand edge of the plastic is touching the pop bumper) there still wasn't enough clearance.
[quoted image]

Hey Paul, so after altering it did you end up getting it to fit or no?

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Thank you for the advice on how to attach the tokens. The use of a #8 nut over a # 6 nut and the Styrofoam comment were very helpful.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad my advice helped you out. I love the topper you have on it where did you find the oversized pieces?

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey Paul, so after altering it did you end up getting it to fit or no?

Hi Mate, yeah i did but i'm not entirely convinced it will do what i think it's supposed to do
If you bend the tab the other way the angle that the plastic sits at will basically be the same just that the ends will be swapped over, and as you can see from the pic it is rotated as far to the right as possible. I presume it was made to stop balls getting stuck between the pop bumper and the back of the sign and or the ramp itself. As it is it will help to deflect a ball but there is still enough gap for the ball to get between the guard and the lower LED holder on the sign and allow a ball to snuggle next to the ramp (bit hard to see from the pic i know). The guard if anything needs to be more square on to the gap or virtually flush with the edge of the blue plastic to fully prevent a ball getting in behind. To be honest i've never had a ball get stuck there....yet

DSC03800 (resized).JPGDSC03800 (resized).JPG
#438 5 years ago

It's can't believe there was no plastics made for the tops of those ramps. Seems like the game would have been tested by Stern when it came out and they would have noticed that issue right away when the ball flies off the ramp like it does...

#439 5 years ago

I've got some spare clear acrylic left over, might have a crack at designing something that will block that gap a bit more...... watch this space

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

So I am going to attempt to make these two plastics over the weekend. Do you have a template for this you could attach on here? That way I could just print it out and trace it on a piece of plastic and cut it out.. Thanks!

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So I am going to attempt to make these two plastics over the weekend. Do you have a template for this you could attach on here? That way I could just print it out and trace it on a piece of plastic and cut it out.. Thanks!

http://www.pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

#442 5 years ago

I looked at that site and somehow I missed the printable ones.. Now I see them they almost don't look big enough when you print them. Thanks!

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I used the ramp flap designs from Todd George: http://www.pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php
I drew them up in AutoCAD and had them laser cut out of PETG. Don't really want to have any more made... but if someone wants my AutoCAD drawing (or exported to some other vector format) just let me know.

I've posted the EPS vector files on my site for download: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/MonopolyProtectors.7z
Good for laser cutting, or just printing out as a template to trace (just make sure your software isn't scaling to fit to your paper source).

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Glad my advice helped you out. I love the topper you have on it where did you find the oversized pieces?

I made the topper from Monopoly banks. It was simple to make with a half inch board painted black and 3 banks screwed to the board. I bought the banks either from Amazon or EBay for about $20 each. They may cost more now because I don't think they are still being produced

#445 5 years ago

I installed on of the lexan sheets to protect the free parking. It became allot harder to get a ball up that ramp and hit the free parking. Has anyone had this? I have considered somehow raising the right side of the plastic a little bit bc the ball bumps the cover right as it goes from first part the ramp onto the straight part that leads to free parking.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I installed on of the lexan sheets to protect the free parking. It became allot harder to get a ball up that ramp and hit the free parking. Has anyone had this? I have considered somehow raising the right side of the plastic a little bit bc the ball bumps the cover right as it goes from first part the ramp onto the straight part that leads to free parking

I did have a few issues with that too when i first installed the guard but then i screwed it down with the ramp screw. In the template there was no hole for that area so i'm not sure if the guard was supposed to sit on top of the screw originally. When screwed down it lifts the right hand edge up, seems to have helped a lot.

DSC03814 (resized).JPGDSC03814 (resized).JPGDSC03815 (resized).JPGDSC03815 (resized).JPG
#447 5 years ago

Made my plastics last night. Now I just need to instal them thanks for the cut outs.

88033037-C08A-48C5-BE9E-BF83BE2E8EF9 (resized).jpeg88033037-C08A-48C5-BE9E-BF83BE2E8EF9 (resized).jpeg
#448 5 years ago

My next project are the cliffy. Been lazy with those since it’s allot
More diss assembly

My plastic might be too long after seeing her phoot

#449 5 years ago

But it’s that ramp junction, clear in your photo, where the ball hits the top and loses speed to the free Park

#450 5 years ago

So here's my prototype solution for that small lower guard. It will block a ball going in behind the sign completely and if a ball goes onto the pop bumper it will just roll straight back onto the playfield. I might make it taller so a ball can't fly up and drop into the gap between the top LED bracket of the sign and the prototype guard. Although there isn't enough space for a ball to drop into that gap there is a slight possibility of a ball sitting there. There is a gap on the ramp side of the upper LED bracket but upon testing a ball will roll straight back onto the playfield below the chance scoop (mind you it would be a serious air ball to jump into that gap). Thoughts? Suggestions?

DSC03816 (resized).JPGDSC03816 (resized).JPGDSC03817 (resized).JPGDSC03817 (resized).JPGDSC03818 (resized).JPGDSC03818 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/9?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.