Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 5 years ago

I finally got a resolution with the inoperative up/down post. It turned out to be a faulty pre-driver that is for that coil on the driver board. The post is now working perfectly and also found it actually does come up when the ball is first plunged. It seems about the only time it doesn't come up is when the right orbit light is lit, mainly cause to complete the x2, x3 etc the ball needs to complete the loop around through the left orbit to register. Also at certain times on some modes it also doesn't pop up. So happy to have it working as it should

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Biffbar:

Your Cop switch, #38 (DOTS, diode on terminal strip), is wired like mine, same wire colors on the same lugs. You can check some stuff with a meter. Sometimes the switch actuating blade needs adjustment. The switches go bad too. Checked mine with an ohmmeter and the switch opens when the cop target is up, and should read closed (low resistance) while the drop target is down. HTH.

Good to know wiring looks the same. As for the switch, thanks for the info. If the switch was bad, would it register well during tests? I will check it out though just in case.

Do you know what tells the game to fire the coil to pop the cop target up? To me that seems like it could be causing it b/c everything mechanically seems to be OK. Even when the game is looking for a ball, the cop target will be raised! Thoughts?

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Biffbar:

Your Cop switch, #38 (DOTS, diode on terminal strip), is wired like mine, same wire colors on the same lugs. You can check some stuff with a meter. Sometimes the switch actuating blade needs adjustment. The switches go bad too. Checked mine with an ohmmeter and the switch opens when the cop target is up, and should read closed (low resistance) while the drop target is down. HTH.

So I checked mine too and I only get a reading on the white blue lug when the cop target is raised up - which I believe matches yours. I think it's working as expected. Really want to figure this out....no idea why it's not working. It's as if the coil is not getting the message to shoot/lift b/c it does it during ball find....any other suggestions to look into?

EDIT - We need an owner with it working right to confirm if the switch is meant to be open or closed when the drop target is in a down position....if I make the switch closed when the drop target is NOT raised, the target will pop up but it never goes into an open position for it to go closed again.....Can someone confirm?

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I was looking for a decal/sticker that goes on the back panel, but I can't seem to find it for sale. So, before I make my own, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction. I thought they were made by Pingraffix, but I don't see it on there site.

I purchase my backboard art from Tilt Graphics https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/monopoly-gameblades I moved the Token Board forward so it lines up with the backboard.

Monopoly Backboard (resized).JPGMonopoly Backboard (resized).JPG

1 week later
#355 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I purchase my backboard art from Tilt Graphics https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/monopoly-gameblades I moved the Token Board forward so it lines up with the backboard.

Thanks OTRChief!

#356 5 years ago

I'm kind of surprised that the start button is not illuminated. It's easy enough to add a button with a light. But, is there any way to wire it so that it lights/flashes when a game is ready?

I assume not, but thought I'd check..

1 month later
#357 5 years ago

Hello all-have a line on a project Monopoly. Was damaged while in storage, no photos as of yet. At minimum, needs new PF glass, not sure of PF condition or the ramps and plastics. How obtainable/unobtainium are parts? Saw some ads in the market place. Trying to gauge the viability of this project. In my quick scanning of some threads, it seems that the ramps are not currently in production/easily available? No experience with these "newer"/modern Sterns, besides playing on location. Insight welcome.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

Hello all-have a line on a project Monopoly. Was damaged while in storage, no photos as of yet. At minimum, needs new PF glass, not sure of PF condition or the ramps and plastics. How obtainable/unobtainium are parts? Saw some ads in the market place. Trying to gauge the viability of this project. In my quick scanning of some threads, it seems that the ramps are not currently in production/easily available? No experience with these "newer"/modern Sterns, besides playing on location. Insight welcome.

You can still buy NOS playfields, full plastic set is available over here in Oz http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_207_59&products_id=2384
Left ramp is unavailable for sure although the right ramp is still to be had at Marco's. Most of the general playfield parts are still available at Marco's, some full assemblies aren't, train ramp, speed bump, etc BUT parts of these assemblies are. If the LED sign is busted you can still get the LED block itself but not the complete unit. Most of the underneath PF parts are still available, flipper mech kit's, general pieces etc, the light boards i haven't spotted anywhere though.

Edit : Took out the "Sewer assembly" reference sorry about that, was just working on my Whodunnt machine when i replied to this heheheheh

#359 5 years ago

Mancave Thanks for the heads up. I'm still waiting on the pictures to assess damages and viability of this project. Trying to get an idea of what I'm potentially dealing with and what resources I have on hand/access to! Learned some hard lessons in an earlier forray in the hobby about unobtanium. Also thanks for reminding me how awesome Pinside is-just donatated. Thanks to all the Pinsiders out there, wherever you are, for helping to keep the silver ball rolling!

1 week later
#360 5 years ago

Hey guys, jsut got Monopoly, but when i set it up, none of the playfield lights (board, ABC rollovers, x multipliers, are lighting.Can anyone point me in the right direction on what i should be checking. I have the manual, but i'm not knowledgable enough to make enough sense out of it. I have changed out a ton of lights to make sure new bulbs were in there.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Hey guys, jsut got Monopoly, but when i set it up, none of the playfield lights (board, ABC rollovers, x multipliers, are lighting.Can anyone point me in the right direction on what i should be checking. I have the manual, but i'm not knowledgable enough to make enough sense out of it. I have changed out a ton of lights to make sure new bulbs were in there.

Make sure the cabinet to head connectors are correct and plugged in tight. Then you can check fuses.

Also make sure the wire harness isn’t pinched where the head folds to the cab.

2 weeks later
#362 5 years ago

Thanks for the previous help! I have a new issue I could use some help on. I am getting 1. trough kicker coil malfunction. I have replaced the coil and that doesn't seem to be the cause. I used the multimeter to test and it seems power is going into the coil, but it is just not kicking. This occurred after the game kicked two balls out into the shooter lane to start a three-ball multiball. Since then, this error. What other things would folks recommend i test? My previous issue was jsut a fuse. Is there a fuse just for this coil?

IMG_2089 (resized).JPGIMG_2089 (resized).JPG
#363 5 years ago

update. replaces F21, and another blew immediately after. Maybe I need to take a look at the board.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

update. replaces F21, and another blew immediately after. Maybe I need to take a look at the board.

Find what f21 fuse is used for. Visually inspect those coils and wires. Sounds like there is a an issue somewhere along he line and it may or may. It be a board issue... also check the wire leads on coil legs and make sure they are correct along with the diode direction

1 week later
#365 5 years ago

hi, i just picked up a Monopoly and i have a few question.
1. aren't you supposed to stat with of 1500 points? mine starts at zero. I think it's running 3.03 ROM.

2. when i hit the bank door, it opens on the first hit. Shouldn't it take four hits to open? is there a setting for that?

3. I'm getting major air balls every time i hit the police man drop target located in front of the "roll the dice" orbit. Is there a way to fix that? they are so wild i almost don't want to hit it.

4. Is the match feature removed if the game is on Free Play? there is no match at the end of the games.

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: - after a few setting changes, but not saving any of them, the game now starts at 1500 points. not sure how that happened.

#366 5 years ago

Check your manual to see if the flipper coils in the machine are the correct factory ones. Maybe they got swapped for something more powerful?

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Check your manual to see if the flipper coils in the machine are the correct factory ones. Maybe they got swapped for something more powerful?

flippers are factory. i just checked. i have the coil strength setting, set to low.

I think when the ball hits the target, the target bends back because it's kind of flimsy and the ball deflects off of it, upwards.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

hi, i just picked up a Monopoly and i have a few question.
1. aren't you supposed to stat with of 1500 points? mine starts at zero. I think it's running 3.03 ROM.
2. when i hit the bank door, it opens on the first hit. Shouldn't it take four hits to open? is there a setting for that?
3. I'm getting major air balls every time i hit the police man drop target located in front of the "roll the dice" orbit. Is there a way to fix that? they are so wild i almost don't want to hit it.
4. Is the match feature removed if the game is on Free Play? there is no match at the end of the games.
Thanks,
Steve
EDIT: - after a few setting changes, but not saving any of them, the game now starts at 1500 points. not sure how that happened.

There should be a match even on free play. You might want to go into settings and do a full reset, then re-enable free play.

As for air balls off the cop, same here. I don't have that action on any other game with drops, but on Monopoly the cop launches the ball into the craziest of places (including the occasionally jarring smack against the glass).

If anyone has a fix, I'm all ears too

#369 5 years ago

I get occasional air balls off the top of the right ramp, even with the guard installed. But I have never had target air balls, I hate that target it's always in the way lol

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I get occasional air balls off the top of the right ramp, even with the guard installed. But I have never had target air balls, I hate that target it's always in the way lol

I wonder if there's a difference in structural composition, or tension (or angle?) on your drop target....

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

There should be a match even on free play. You might want to go into settings and do a full reset, then re-enable free play.
As for air balls off the cop, same here. I don't have that action on any other game with drops, but on Monopoly the cop launches the ball into the craziest of places (including the occasionally jarring smack against the glass).
If anyone has a fix, I'm all ears too

i did a full reset and it's working now. thanks for the help.
now to address the cop drop target issue.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I wonder if there's a difference in structural composition, or tension (or angle?) on your drop target....

i was thinking i may have a cheaper version of the drop target, one that bends too much at the base before it drops down. or maybe it drops down a bit too slow (still too fast to see) and therefore the ball is pushing the target back, against the playfield cutout, creating the deflection and then it drops down.

1 week later
#373 5 years ago

selling an extra left and right ramp - hard to find. Make me an offer. Left def has some wear but usable. Right is pretty good.

Check marketplace ad

#374 5 years ago

For led, what did you use one the back of cabinet above playfield. There are like 10 bulbs near the hat decor. Worried super bright too bright? Anyone do frosted

#375 5 years ago

Hey guys I just joined the club a couple days ago. My machine has a great playfield only problem is that its missing the entire motorized flipper assembly, only thing left is the power lead that connects to it. Does anybody have 1 of these part number 500-6486-00-75 that they would be willing to sell? if so please pm me. Thanks, Bill

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey guys I just joined the club a couple days ago. My machine has a great playfield only problem is that its missing the entire motorized flipper assembly, only thing left is the power lead that connects to it. Does anybody have 1 of these part number 500-6486-00-75 that they would be willing to sell? if so please pm me. Thanks, Bill

Hopefully someone out there will have a 2nd hand one, perhaps create a wanted add? If no luck with that the assembly is still available at Marco's brand new, but pricey!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6486-00-75

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hopefully someone out there will have a 2nd hand one, perhaps create a wanted add? If no luck with that the assembly is still available at Marco's brand new, but pricey!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6486-00-75

Thanks mancave I was hoping to finf a used one cause that one marco sells is almost $200 and I really didn't want to spend that much.

#378 5 years ago

My question to you is this: Do you have the mini flipper already, and do you have the drive(n) wheel that attaches to it? That's the really tough part to find; I've been looking for a replacement for mine for four years. I finally fashioned one out of oak, of all things, and it's been working perfectly.

Good luck with your search!

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thanks mancave I was hoping to finf a used one cause that one marco sells is almost $200 and I really didn't want to spend that much.

Yeah i getcha, it's definitely pricey, and it's not even really a major part in the scheme of things BUT without that mech the ball will just stay in the saucer hole til you take the glass off You can buy the motor/gearbox separately, and making your own mounting bracket and adding plugs/wiring wouldn't be too hard either but of course there are other parts also. Have a crack at a wanted add first and see how you go, surely there is someone out there that has the assembly. If i find one i will let you know cause we can't have a fellow Monopoly owner without a complete machine...this will not do

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

My question to you is this: Do you have the mini flipper already, and do you have the drive(n) wheel that attaches to it? That's the really tough part to find; I've been looking for a replacement for mine for four years. I finally fashioned one out of oak, of all things, and it's been working perfectly.
Good luck with your search!

Hey Scotty_K no all I have is the power wire that feeds the whole mini flipper motor assembly.

Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah i getcha, it's definitely pricey, and it's not even really a major part in the scheme of things BUT without that mech the ball will just stay in the saucer hole til you take the glass off You can buy the motor/gearbox separately, and making your own mounting bracket and adding plugs/wiring wouldn't be too hard either but of course there are other parts also. Have a crack at a wanted add first and see how you go, surely there is someone out there that has the assembly. If i find one i will let you know cause we can't have a fellow Monopoly owner without a complete machine...this will not do

Thank you Mancave i'm going to put out a post here tonight sometime as a wanted ad with the hope someone has one laying around. #FingersCrossed!

#381 5 years ago

Picked up a nice HUO monopoly last week. Loved playing this game years ago. Not the deepest game but fun to play and the kids love it. Just cleaning it up. Great shape but really dirty.

20180806_184734 (resized).jpg20180806_184734 (resized).jpg20180806_184734 (resized).jpg20180806_184734 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#382 5 years ago

I made some custom instruction/free play cards. Figured I'd post them incase anyone could use them. Cheers!

PS - Zoom in to get the full sized image.

Monopoly Inst Card (resized).jpgMonopoly Inst Card (resized).jpg
Monopoly FreePlay Card (resized).jpgMonopoly FreePlay Card (resized).jpg

#383 5 years ago

Does anyone hear burn roms or can suggest a place to get a full set of Monopoy roms? I need to get two full sets to update my games.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Does anyone hear burn roms or can suggest a place to get a full set of Monopoy roms? I need to get two full sets to update my games.

Matt's Basement Arcade sells them. I just bought an STTNG roms from him through his pinside store and I was happy with the transaction and the rom works perfectly. He has Monopoly on his website

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/monopoly-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade-eprom-chips/

#385 5 years ago

Hwy guys I bought a players monopoly a coyple weeks ago and have been working out some bugs since. It was missing the whole mini flipper assembly including. I bought a new one from marco but need a couole pics to show me the proper placement of the 2 loose wires in the nokex power connector. This what I have right now. Thx, Bill

20180831_190625 (resized).jpg20180831_190625 (resized).jpg
#386 5 years ago
20180831_190651 (resized).jpg20180831_190651 (resized).jpg
#387 5 years ago
20180831_190701 (resized).jpg20180831_190701 (resized).jpg
#388 5 years ago

Here are a couple of pics from my non-restored one. If these don't help, let me know more specifically what you need and I can take a pic.

Mini Assembly (resized).JPGMini Assembly (resized).JPGSwitches (resized).jpgSwitches (resized).jpgmolex connector (resized).jpgmolex connector (resized).jpg
#389 5 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Matt's Basement Arcade sells them. I just bought an STTNG roms from him through his pinside store and I was happy with the transaction and the rom works perfectly. He has Monopoly on his website
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/monopoly-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade-eprom-chips/

Super! Thanks for the link!

#390 5 years ago

Thanks Lamprey I think that will work I will mess with it this afternoon and if still having trouble I will repost then.

#391 5 years ago

Call it victory! Thanks again Lamprey those picks were perfect. Got those 2 wires soldered in and the mini flipper is working perfect.

#392 5 years ago

The last issue I seem to be having has to do with the ball lock down left side. Whether you have 1 or 2 balls in lock and you lose final ball the game ends and doesn't immediately eject those balls out takes like a minute or 2 before it ejects them. Anybody ever experience this issue and if so how the hell do you remedy it?

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The last issue I seem to be having has to do with the ball lock down left side. Whether you have 1 or 2 balls in lock and you lose final ball the game ends and doesn't immediately eject those balls out takes like a minute or 2 before it ejects them. Anybody ever experience this issue and if so how the hell do you remedy it?

That's actually normal operation; no problem there.

Sounds like you have everything solved; enjoy!!

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I made some custom instruction/free play cards. Figured I'd post them incase anyone could use them. Cheers!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice cards, thx Lamprey.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What is the trick to printing these cards out? Everytime i try to print out some cards they are either too big or too small. Is there a setting you have to select to get them to print the correct size?

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

What is the trick to printing these cards out? Everytime i try to print out some cards they are either too big or too small. Is there a setting you have to select to get them to print the correct size?

Assuming pinside isn't doing anything funky to the original, you should be able to print at 100% and get the correct size.

What program are you using and what are you printing to? If I have the program I can try printing and see if I can help.

I've been printing to my photo printer (some HP, don't have the model in front of me) using 4x6 photo paper. Obviously, there is some blank space that needs to be trimmed as the instructions cards are not a full 4x6.

#397 5 years ago

Uploading 4x6 images

Monopoly FreePlay Card 4x6 (resized).jpgMonopoly FreePlay Card 4x6 (resized).jpgMonopoly Inst Card 4x6 (resized).jpgMonopoly Inst Card 4x6 (resized).jpg
#398 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Make sure the print in actual size during printer settings are being chosen for that image. Sometimes the *Size to fit or whatever it is is auto checked.

#399 5 years ago

So i keep having this problem with the mini-flipper pinning the ball into the wall and getting stuck. The game goes nuts looking for a ball and i have to take the glass off and get ball loose. Then you can keep playing however the mini-flipper is on full speed after this happens even after the game ends and you start a new game. You have to physically shut the game off and restart it to get it to go back to normal operation. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you fix it?

20180908_085958 (resized).jpg20180908_085958 (resized).jpg
#400 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So i keep having this problem with the mini-flipper pinning the ball into the wall and getting stuck. The game goes nuts looking for a ball and i have to take the glass off and get ball loose. Then you can keep playing however the mini-flipper is on full speed after this happens even after the game ends and you start a new game. You have to physically shut the game off and restart it to get it to go back to normal operation. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you fix it?
[quoted image]

What version of the game code are you running? Mini flipper tuning to stop stuck balls are mentioned in the change log across multiple versions...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/8?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.