Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
#151 8 years ago

Thanks wiggy! Worked out well for the price card!! Monopoly is complete!

I also picked up the pinblades from pingraffix at the Allentown show today. Really nice quality art work they sell! They even showed me the best ways to install them!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-945.jpgimage-945.jpg
#152 8 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I also picked up the pinblades from pingraffix at the Allentown show today. Really nice quality art work they sell! They even showed me the best ways to install them!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-945.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I was at PinGraffix booth most of the day talking to all the guys. They make some great products. I probably saw you there. Your machine looks great.

#153 8 years ago

Oh damn! I was there when they were modding that new Metallica pin! I'll be there tomorrow most of the day as well! I didn't get to play much today tomorrow hopefully I can play some pins!

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-945.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks like the measurements I sent him for the back blades were right on the money!! Jose was supposed to send me a tester....but I am glad to see they fit and look great

#155 8 years ago

Thinking of getting a Monopoly; anyone have the Color DMD on it? Looks like it will be sweet, also; who sells that topper?

#157 8 years ago

I have the color DMD in mine of course. I love it!

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Thinking of getting a Monopoly; anyone have the Color DMD on it? Looks like it will be sweet, also; who sells that topper?

Video of the Monopoly Color DMD

3 months later
#159 8 years ago

I missed my old Monopoly, so I bought my friend's HUO that he bought new. The game is 100% perfect - just like out of the box. A lot of people dog this game, but I think it is a great overall machine. Beginners can do fairly well on it and everyone understands monopoly. The sounds are good IMO and the play is fast. I will probably do the LED lighting and pinball pro speakers. I won't be selling this one - it's a nice machine to have.

#160 8 years ago

WHICH LEDs would you buy from CoinTaker for Monopoly? I see that he has Non-Ghosting Premium LED, Frosted LED, a 2-LED standard kit?

#161 8 years ago

I bought all my LED from comet pinball LED.

I strongly recommended you use Sunlight white and green for all your GI.

Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with CLEAR or FROSTED LENS
- Frosted - #44/#47 Bayonet - Sunlight White x 30

Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with CLEAR or FROSTED LENS
- Frosted - #44/#47 Bayonet - Green x 6

image.jpgimage.jpg

#162 8 years ago

Hi,

Just picked up a Monopoly and am going to do a full restoration on it including a PF swap. I wanted to get a topper, but laseriffic is not accepting PM's here anymore. Anybody know how to contact them? Thanks, -Jeff

#163 8 years ago

I'm in.

#164 8 years ago

A big thumbs up for Coin Taker. I replaced every bulb in the machine with their premium LEDs and specified alternating green and white bulbs for the backboard along with green for the "BANK". The machine is completely different now. The play field is crisp and bright and a joy to play. I also installed their LED flipper buttons in green which really makes the game pop. Every bulb worked and look great. I started at 8:00 PM thinking it would take 2 hours to replace all bulbs, clean the play field, and install complete new rubbers. I finished at 3:30 AM

I also installed their shaker motor in my X-Men along with lit buttons. Love it! I have under cab lighting coming as well. Again, big thumbs up for Coin Taker.

2015-09-02_21.36.00.jpg2015-09-02_21.36.00.jpg

2015-09-02_21.29.09.jpg2015-09-02_21.29.09.jpg

2015-09-02_21.29.01.jpg2015-09-02_21.29.01.jpg

2015-09-02_21.28.58.jpg2015-09-02_21.28.58.jpg

2015-09-02_21.28.52.jpg2015-09-02_21.28.52.jpg

2015-09-02_21.28.41.jpg2015-09-02_21.28.41.jpg

1 week later
#165 8 years ago

While not the official pinblades for this title, at $12 shipped for both packages, I couldn't resist ordering these just to try. Each one contains 37' of trim. 37 Feet!
image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#166 8 years ago

I'm on board, played my first two games last night on my new to me machine

#167 8 years ago

How long was this game made for? My machine says it was built June 2, 2006, serial #200637

Also I have a strange buzzing noise that I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. I want to remove the fluorescent back light to see if it is that that is making the humming noise. Is there a trick to it? Doesn't seem to want to come out as I expect a normal light fixture bulb to come out. Maybe I am not giving it enough muscle . . . .

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

How long was this game made for? My machine says it was built June 2, 2006, serial #200637
Also I have a strange buzzing noise that I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from. I want to remove the fluorescent back light to see if it is that that is making the humming noise. Is there a trick to it? Doesn't seem to want to come out as I expect a normal light fixture bulb to come out. Maybe I am not giving it enough muscle . . . .

Stern Service Bulletin #133 - Hum from speakers...

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb133.pdf

Summary: Change R110 on CPU to a 33K resistor. Change R106 to a 10K resistor. This fixes hum and volume issues.

OR

http://thepaisleys.azurewebsites.net/PaisleyPinball/Monopoly/eliminate_backbox_hum_and_buzz.htm

Summary: Put a 4.7 Ohm Resistor in parallel on the back of both R110 and R106.

and the bulb is a standard fluorescent bulb, turn a quarter turn and remove... Make sure there is not a cable tie holding the ends of the bulb in place. There usually are some placed around the bulb and holder for shipping.

#169 8 years ago

thanks madman, I'll check into that.

Literally had the machine 24 hours. already online buying LEDs, lighted flipper buttons, and other stuff. Stop posting pictures, you guys are making me spend more money.

#170 8 years ago

I traded games and have a nice HUO Monopoly. Its a fun & underrated pin IMHO.
One must do mod is to cover the ugly red backboard....

I added LED's to a few places and the monopoly board that made it pop.

NCM_0153.JPGNCM_0153.JPGNCM_0156.JPGNCM_0156.JPGNCM_0154.JPGNCM_0154.JPGmonopoly.jpgmonopoly.jpg

#171 8 years ago

These are the cheap "deco trim" strips that I bought and they are just sitting there to show what it would look like if I were to mount them. They aren't adhesive so I just used some blue painters tape.

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#172 8 years ago

Looks 1000 % better than red painted wood.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Looks 1000 % better than red painted wood.

Thanks. I agree. And the price really can't be beat. On the sides I'm going to tape the property strip flush under the money strip (from the back of course) and run those down the sides of the cabinet. They arrived with some slight folds in the corners, etc, but I can easily live with that since I'm just trying to do better than the plain red and plain black sides.

I know pingraffix are so much nicer, but it was $12 and there's enough to replace them twice over.

#174 8 years ago

So my new to me, Monopoly machine is getting some upgrades thanks to your suggestions. One of the things I am doing is switching the lighting to LED. I ordered Cointaker's Premium LEDs for $200 and started swapping them out. I don't think I ever really saw a video that compared the stock light bulbs with LEDs so I put LEDs in the right half of the Monopoly play board and left the left side stock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wtx5w7bz98kxrs/Pinball%20038.MP4?dl=0

I did manage to finish the center board, outboard lanes, and center 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, and 6x in about an hour. I had to loosen the chance VUK to get the sockets underneath it out and replaced but I never took it completely off. I had to go to work so I'll do more later in the week.

Hope this helps somebody. My impressions are they are much brighter and whiter than stock. I like it but some might find it distractingly bright. You could probably save money and go with the cheapest LEDs and it would still look better than stock but since I didn't got that route I can't say for sure.

Looks like I will have to take the ramps off to get to the pop bumpers. How hard is that to do? Anybody?

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thanks. I agree. And the price really can't be beat. On the sides I'm going to tape the property strip flush under the money strip (from the back of course) and run those down the sides of the cabinet. They arrived with some slight folds in the corners, etc, but I can easily live with that since I'm just trying to do better than the plain red and plain black sides.
I know pingraffix are so much nicer, but it was $12 and there's enough to replace them twice over.

I also go some but was wondering what you guys are going to use to affix them to the cabinet? Spray adhesive from a craft store?

#176 8 years ago

The left ramp is pretty straight forward for removing it. Not really difficult at all to gain access to the pop bumbers so you can change the bulbs out. I just did my monopoly in all LED and I think it looks fantastic

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I also go some but was wondering what you guys are going to use to affix them to the cabinet? Spray adhesive from a craft store?

I used the 3M double face tape you use on ramp decals ( because I had some ).
(Good stuff )

#178 8 years ago

does anyone have a list on their computer that they can cut and paste into a post of all the sizes and number of the rubbers to replace for this game?

Nevermind on above - I pulled the parts manual down off the net

I figure if I have to take it apart to replace the bulbs for LEDs might as well do the rubbers.

Ramps came out fairly easy. Trying to find all the general illumination lights is interesting. they tuck those things in all sorts of places

#179 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in titan rings, I made a rubber parts list on their web site for Monopoly. The standard colors as listed in the parts manual are used (mainly white except for a 1 x black 1" ID ring, a black plunger tip, and red for the flippers). Although I think it lets you change the colors if you want.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/226

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

If anyone is interested in titan rings, I made a rubber parts list on their web site for Monopoly. The standard colors as listed in the parts manual are used (mainly white except for a 1 x black 1" ID ring, a black plunger tip, and red for the flippers). Although I think it lets you change the colors if you want.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/226

Awesome. I've played with some colors in a few key spots just based on colored rubber I had around. Blue slings look nice, and an orange post just behind the spinning fipper fits pretty well, too.

I had some problems getting my bank door to open and close using standard rubber post rubber since it seems monopoly uses some very narrow (and vey hard) post rubber. That said it's very easy to clean the stock ones so I just cleaned them and put them back on...

I'll be using your parts list at some point soon.

Thanks!

#181 8 years ago

I know some people are into pinball toppers and while I was on ebay looking for some monopoly tokens I found these that could be used as toppers. they light up. search "dept 56 monopoly" on ebay

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I know some people are into pinball toppers and while I was on ebay looking for some Monopoly tokens I found these that could be used as toppers. they light up. search "dept 56 Monopoly" FWIW
ebay.com link

link not found good

1 week later
#183 8 years ago

Just wanted to remind everyone that they can purchase our Monopoly PinBlades at
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!monopoly/c1va1

If you order a set before October 25th 2015, I will throw in our Monopoly Back Board decal at no extra cost.

As always thank you for your support
JGraffix

03.png03.png

04.png04.png

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Just wanted to remind everyone that they can purchase our Monopoly PinBlades at
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!Monopoly/c1va1
If you order a set before October 25th 2015, I will throw in our Monopoly Back Board decal at no extra cost.
As always thank you for your support
JGraffix

03.png 04.png

Oh man. I walked right past you at Expo no probably would have bought a set had I known about this deal!

#185 8 years ago

Does anyone use the black $ ball? If so do you just use 1 or all 4? Does it mess with your eyes when you are playing?

#186 8 years ago

Anyone have a coin door sticker laying around, it's the only sticker I need .

3 weeks later
#187 8 years ago

So I finished putting Cointaker's LEDs and Titan's rubber rings in my Monopoly and kind of worked up a how to for beginners. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great. Or if you wish to use it, feel free to do so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf0syzfxaejli5m/pinball%20monopoly%20led.doc?dl=0

#188 8 years ago

Something does not look right, the trail was sitting on the ramp, there is a plastic gray post digging into the top of the bumper, there is a clear piece over another clear piece? What is the right way? Can someone post a pic? Can not seem to find a new plastic piece for this ramp?Monopoly.jpgMonopoly.jpg Also does anyone have a coin door sticker I can buy?

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Something does not look right, the trail was sitting on the ramp, there is a plastic gray post digging into the top of the bumper, there is a clear piece over another clear piece? What is the right way? Can someone post a pic? Can not seem to find a new plastic piece for this ramp?Monopoly.jpg Also does anyone have a coin door sticker I can buy?

The wireform should be inserted into the two holes just below the "ball travel surface" of the metal ramp. You can actually see the holes in the picture.

#190 8 years ago

What is the correct plastic piece, one seems to be broken.

#191 8 years ago

Anyone else ever have problems with the rotating flipper spinning too fast? Its fine for about 30 seconds into the first ball then starts spinning way too fast for the rest of the game.
I replaced the relay under the playfield and started checking connections. Not sure where to look. Maybe a flaky component on the driver board?

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Anyone else ever have problems with the rotating flipper spinning too fast? Its fine for about 30 seconds into the first ball then starts spinning way too fast for the rest of the game.
I replaced the relay under the playfield and started checking connections. Not sure where to look. Maybe a flaky component on the driver board?

The speed of the rotating flipper is variable... it is supposed to get progressively faster.

#193 8 years ago

Yea, but its not really progressive so much as instantly fast then one constant speed. Ball 2 and 3 it starts instantly fast as well as every game after that. It does alternate directions but it spins at a constant speed.
I also noticed that the pop up post doesn't come up for ball 2 and 3 but it does for the ball 1.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

What is your ROM version. Newer roms fixed that. Sounds like you have an early Rom?

#195 8 years ago

Software version 3.03

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Software version 3.03

Yup that is the newest version. I know mine sometimes goes faster but its not detrimental to the game play. Not sure what the cause would be as it is timed by the programming, other than re-burn your ROM?

#197 8 years ago

I didn't think about software. I'll swap the old chips back in a see what happens.

#198 8 years ago

The double plastics are correct. Mine is the same way. The wireform should be inserted into the holes in the bottom of the ramp.

DSCF6873.jpgDSCF6873.jpg

DSCF7017.jpgDSCF7017.jpg

#199 8 years ago

Thank you, does anyone know where I can get the bottom plastic piece from? Or the part number for that piece mine is cracked, also is your gray post resting on the bumper cover? image.jpegimage.jpeg
Did this mod today, just need to add in the y connector for the buttons and get a white die shorter Rod.

#200 8 years ago

My game is at my in-maws, but I can check next time I am there. I seem to remember the gray post resting on the bumper cap. I will check my pics again as I might be thinking of something else.

If you need reference pics, My shop out pics are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157635341417678

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.