Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 9 years ago

Hey just wondering if any other monopoly owners are having this issue or if it's just an adjustment. If a ball drains immediately after you start a game it automatically saves your ball even though freeze time is turned off. This will keep happening unless you score a certain amount before the ball drains. Just hoping someone can let me know I'd this is normal or not thanks in advance

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Hmm, well I needed to get a replacement bracket/display for mine since it was just not there when I purchased it, so mine is just a metal frame basically...maybe I'll just leave it like that till I can get a normal one with the electric co already on it.

I may be able to set you up with a used electric company plastic depending on how it comes off. I am ordering a new plastics set and that is one of the non broken/missing ones. I'll likely post something here when I get around to it with the other good ones if anyone is needing a specific piece.

#53 9 years ago

JULY 5th_03.JPGJULY 5th_03.JPGI have a NOS plastics set : STERN PN 839-5985-XX, and an Electric company electronic information center sign / display : STERN PN 520-5197-00, if anyone is interested . . .

Can't seem to find where the NOS decal set was tucked away to keep flat . . .

PM me if your interested, as I'm considering sale of these 2 items : we can negotiate $ or trades . . . .

Steve

Post edited by fast_in_muskoka

Okay I found the Stern NOS decal set, PN 820-6287-xx

same deal. PM me if interested . . .

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

K thanks for checking. Can I get a mesurement on the cop drop target decal, as close as possible? I could try to eyeball it but I'd like to get the measurements as accurate as possible.

dimensions are 1.01" wide x 0.97" tall . . .

#55 9 years ago

PM sent for the MINI DMD

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

PM sent for the MINI DMD

I'm also interested in the mini dmd!

#57 9 years ago

Just picked one up last week. Previous owner installed led's. I replaced the leg bolts, installed cab protectors, blue superbands, led flashers, new balls, the monopoly guy on the ramp and got the parts to make a die shooter rod. Fun game so far. - Barry

018.JPG018.JPG

#58 9 years ago

Put this together today. Drilled the hole in the corner instead on a side. I also have parts to make a red one but I think I like the white.- Barry

001.JPG001.JPG
002.JPG002.JPG

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Put this together today. Drilled the hole in the corner instead on a side. I also have parts to make a red one but I think I like the white.- Barry

Where do you get these big dice?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Where do you get these big dice?

I found 2 on ebay. 1 white and 1 red. These are 1 1/4 square. - Barry

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Very nice. Drilled in the corner looks great. I had a red one, but I think your white one looks better.

#62 9 years ago

bflagg . . . thanks for the info. I had seen them on eBay but they looked really small. Didn't now they were just 1 1/4 inch square. I was looking for some about 3" square! It looks HUGE in your picture! Thanks again!
Mike in Kentucky

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

bflagg . . . thanks for the info. I had seen them on eBay but they looked really small. Didn't now they were just 1 1/4 inch square. I was looking for some about 3" square! It looks HUGE in your picture! Thanks again!
Mike in Kentucky

No problem. I think the 1 1/4 looks about right, 3" would be huge. Post pics of yours when you make it - Barry

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I have a NOS plastics set : STERN PN 839-5985-XX, and an Electric company electronic information center sign / display : STERN PN 520-5197-00, if anyone is interested . . .
Can't seem to find where the NOS decal set was tucked away to keep flat . . .
PM me if your interested, as I'm considering sale of these 2 items : we can negotiate $ or trades . . . .
Steve
Post edited by fast_in_muskoka
Okay I found the Stern NOS decal set, PN 820-6287-xx
same deal. PM me if interested . . .

JULY 5th_03.JPG 280 KB

pm sent as well, I would buy it all!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I may be able to set you up with a used electric company plastic depending on how it comes off. I am ordering a new plastics set and that is one of the non broken/missing ones. I'll likely post something here when I get around to it with the other good ones if anyone is needing a specific piece.

Thanks! I'll keep a lookout!

1 week later
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Thanks! I'll keep a lookout!

I've got most of the plastics replaced now. Nearly all were cracked or broken except the sling shot plastics that you get extras of in the kit and the outlane plastics AND the electric company plastic was held on with screws and not broken so its good to go if you still need/want one PM me.

#67 9 years ago

I also found this nifty custom bracket under the left ramp.
I have no idea what the intent was with this but i did notice the ramp has a good size crack right above that spot so it either was supposed to help with it or caused it...

264807-i.jpg264807-i.jpg264808-i.jpg264808-i.jpg

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I also found this nifty custom bracket under the left ramp.
I have no idea what the intent was with this but i did notice the ramp has a good size crack right above that spot so it either was supposed to help with it or caused it...

The ball has a tendency to get trapped up there. I wouldn't describe that solution as "nifty" though....
Check out this page for some custom plastics made for Monopoly: http://www.pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php
You'll find a plastic there that performs the same function.

monopoly-flap3pic1.jpgmonopoly-flap3pic1.jpg

4 months later
#69 9 years ago

Just joined the club! Picked up a dirty one off route with little to no wear. I'm shopping it out now can't wait to play it! Anyone have some NOS ramps for sale? I also need that mod for the ramp to stop the ball from jumping in the service bulletin. Anyone have that? I picked up a NOS plastic set for it, rubbers, and a ton of lamps. I'm going to play around with some LED's in tasteful locations see how it looks.

2 weeks later
#70 9 years ago

Well I've picked up everything I need to make my Monopoly new again! NOS ramps, NOS plastics, rubber kit, All the service bulletin mods, and I'm just trying to reach out to Cliffy for his protectors for it! Can't wait to scrub this one down and make it new again and play it!!

15855331428_77a94ecf2c_k(1).jpg15855331428_77a94ecf2c_k(1).jpg

#71 9 years ago

My family love this game.
I m using comet's LED in my monopoly.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2led.htm
My machine needs a new "yellow Bank" decal, but I cannot find it any where
Does anyone know where can I find it?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Well I've picked up everything I need to make my Monopoly new again! NOS ramps, NOS plastics, rubber kit, All the service bulletin mods, and I'm just trying to reach out to Cliffy for his protectors for it! Can't wait to scrub this one down and make it new again and play it!!

15855331428_77a94ecf2c_k(1).jpg 351 KB

If you can't get a hold of Cliffy let me know. I think I still have an unused Chance protector for this game.

Chris

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

I m using comet's LED in my Monopoly.

Do you just mean the one that says "BANK" on it? Or is there one that says "yellow bank" as you said? I was not aware of one that said yellow bank.

Chris

bank.JPGbank.JPG
#74 9 years ago
Quoted from aitrus1:

Hey just wondering if any other Monopoly owners are having this issue or if it's just an adjustment. If a ball drains immediately after you start a game it automatically saves your ball even though freeze time is turned off. This will keep happening unless you score a certain amount before the ball drains. Just hoping someone can let me know I'd this is normal or not thanks in advance

Six months later but maybe still useful- this is probably just an invalid playfield rule for the machine. Perfectly normal. I've also heard it referred to as the three-switch rule. There may be an adjustment for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tourney-lingo-valid-playfield-switch

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

I m using comet's LED in my Monopoly.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=432&mobile=0

You have to buy the whole decal set however

#76 9 years ago

Yes. I was looking for the BANK decal. Now i know i can buy them from Pinballlife.com Thank u.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Yes. I was looking for the BANK decal. Now i know i can buy them from Pinballlife.com Thank u.

I scanned the Bank decal into my computer. Just print my bank decal on paper with adhesive backing and put a piece of mylar on the front. That's how its created when its bought with the sticker set. I will post the decal later tonight and link it to this post.

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#78 9 years ago

Thank you

#79 9 years ago

If you want an original and dont' want an entire decal set let me know I think I might have one. I can check for you.

Chris

#80 9 years ago

You are welcome. Click on this link and click the Monopoly icon to download the Bank image. The image should be to size of the actual decal. 2" 1/4 wide x 2" high.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/pinball%20repair.html

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you can't get a hold of Cliffy let me know. I think I still have an unused Chance protector for this game.
Chris

Got Cliffy sending! Thanks!

What else will I need to add for a complete shop out you guys think? I want to do it once and do it all! Here is what I have so far..

-Complete rubber set including bank door rubber
-New LED's for entire pin (some from here and there)
-NOS ramp set
-The 2 service bulletin plexi pieces for the ramps to keep the ball from jumping up
-Cliffy protectors
-New balls
-NOS plastic set for complete pin
-Gallon of Novous 2

I noticed a small dent in the PF on the left where the ball drops from the ramp. Anything to put there to stop that from getting worse? Small piece of Mylar maybe?

#82 9 years ago

To Philly
Not a shop job, but I think u should add this service bulletin #133 into your to do list (if you haven't done it yet).
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-133-monopoly

To Sliverunicorn
I think I m OK right now. Thank u.

To Wiggy07
Thank you for the pic. I like your site. Super cool.

Post edited by Pinrookie

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

To Philly
Not a shop job, but I think u should add this service bulletin #133 into your to do list (if you haven't done it yet).
To Sliverunicorn
To Wiggy07
Thank you for the pic. I like your site. Supper cool.

Thx Pinrookie for the kind words. You are welcome for the pic.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

To Philly
To Sliverunicorn
To Wiggy07
Thank you for the pic. I like your site. Super cool.
Post edited by Pinrookie

That service bulletin is on the list. I already picked up the parts. I'm going to add the anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator that I have as well. She is getting it all done!

#85 9 years ago

Is there actually a Community Chest option in the game? Or is is something that was never in the code?

We only ever seem to get the "Chance" option, although there is a "Community Chest" light.

Monopoly.jpgMonopoly.jpg
#86 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is there actually a Community Chest option in the game? Or is is something that was never in the code?
We only ever seem to get the "Chance" option, although there is a "Community Chest" light.

Monopoly.jpg 266 KB

Hi,

Community Chest appears to only be available during the Land Grab mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-question-about-community-chest-chance

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from n49th:

Hi,
Community Chest appears to only be available during the Land Grab mode.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-question-about-community-chest-chance

Good find, thank you!

Chris

#88 9 years ago

When SPECIAL is lit, I always thought it will give me some kinds of special award like extra ball/ bouns point, if my ball drained via an outlane. But so far after over 60+ games it is not happening... I wonder why? And can someone tell me how to solve this bug? Thank u

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

When SPECIAL is lit, I always thought it will give me some kinds of special award like extra ball/ bouns point, if my ball drained via an outlane. But so far after over 60+ games it is not happening... I wonder why? And can someone tell me how to solve this bug? Thank u

Are you running ROM 3.03? If so, that is a known bug. I believe 3.20 addresses this, but the dice roll always comes up as a 3 in this version, so 3.03 is the latest official version from Stern.

A few other things to check:

1. Are you getting a "That's pretty special" message on the DMD after the ball goes down a lit Special outlane?

2. Are you on Free Play or Tournament mode? If so, you may only get the message/animation in #1.

Otherwise, see if you are awarded a credit.

Also, home mode (Film Star reset) awards an extra ball for the special, by default. I believe this can be changed in the adjustments menu.

#90 9 years ago

Hi n49th,

Yes I m running 3.03 in my machine.

1. Are you getting a "That's pretty special" message on the DMD after the ball goes down a lit Special outlane?

Yes.. I got this fancy message on my DMD.

2. Are you on Free Play or Tournament mode? If so, you may only get the message/animation in #1.
Otherwise, see if you are awarded a credit.
Also, home mode (Film Star reset) awards an extra ball for the special, by default. I believe this can be changed in the adjustments menu.

I will double check and adjust my settings.

Thank You

Post edited by Pinrookie

#91 9 years ago

I've been scrubbing, polishing, waxing, cleaning, and installing NOS parts and this game is coming up like a shiny new penny! This game was so filthy dirty but the dirt was saving it underneath! Can't wait to play it!

16282812182_b01e03c66c_k.jpg16282812182_b01e03c66c_k.jpg 16281859531_1c398f8e3d_k.jpg16281859531_1c398f8e3d_k.jpg
#92 9 years ago

Looking great!!! I know mine came up really nicely as well.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

#93 9 years ago

Cover the crazy long studs

35938.jpg35938.jpg
#94 9 years ago

Got my highest score a few nights ago, about 45 million after a Land Grab. This is my first machine, it feels solid and lots to shoot at. But for some reason I don't get emotionally engaged while playing it. I wonder if it is because rather than gunning for the big boss or bad guy I am basically playing as a greedy capitalist.
This is my wife's favourite pin because it rarely goes down the outlane and is actually a good height for her, it is lower than my other pins.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Cover the crazy long studs

35938.jpg 48 KB

Whatttttttttttttt! You will tell me where you got those now!!! lol Very nice touch! I have seen that done before and it looks nice! Let me know where to get them!

#96 9 years ago

I made them. Ebay for a set of Token/Movers. Get a bunch of small nuts that fit the long studs,fit them into the Tokens and glue them in. JB weld quick set works great.

#97 9 years ago

Did the Cliffy mods tonight with more tearing down and cleaning. Coming up really nice! Cliffs-654.jpgCliffs-654.jpg16111710287_c14695a151_k.jpg16111710287_c14695a151_k.jpg

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I made them. Ebay for a set of Token/Movers. Get a bunch of small nuts that fit the long studs,fit them into the Tokens and glue them in. JB weld quick set works great.

Oh nice! I've been looking on eBay! Those long posts are looking for something on them! Thanks!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

But for some reason I don't get emotionally engaged while playing it.

The original lamps under each of the places on the Monopoly board were so weak, I sort of lost interest in watching them when I got one lit up. Then, I decided to put in the brightest LED's I could find under each one, and now you can really see your progress on the board. Made the world of difference for me when I play.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

The original lamps under each of the places on the Monopoly board were so weak, I sort of lost interest in watching them when I got one lit up. Then, I decided to put in the brightest LED's I could find under each one, and now you can really see your progress on the board. Made the world of difference for me when I play.

Glad to hear that because I loaded mine up with some super brite white LED's as well as you can see. I thought they would be over powering but it looks like it lights them up nice in play singly. The original lamps were horrible that's for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/2?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.