DSC05976 (resized).JPG
DSC05975 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
There are 989 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 1 year ago

Found the perfect spot. A little led modding and now to install snugly

2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpegE5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpegE5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
#952 1 year ago

And of course some dice

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#953 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i have enough to do 3 maybe 4 sets and that's it. The 2 larger plastics are pre cut and ready but i haven't made up any of the smaller protector i designed, just had too many projects to deal with lately (along with work, etc) The smaller protectors need to be bent and also the metal bracket needs bending and then both riveted together. I'll try and get the last 3-4 smaller protectors finished off soon and will then post in here. I've got a bad habit of starting too many projects and swamping myself

Please put me down for a set when done! I will send you a pm.

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Found the perfect spot. A little led modding and now to install snugly
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh damn! Good Idea! Did you change the LED's inside of it or just use the led's it came with. I think I'll mount mine there as well!

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Oh damn! Good Idea! Did you change the LED's inside of it or just use the led's it came with. I think I'll mount mine there as well!

Hehe since you’re the one that brought it to my attention it would only be fitting I help you fit your out . So personally I didn’t do any of it, I have a friend who is very handy with this kind of stuff. But yes, he did replace the bulbs for a led strip. White would be too bright in your eyes in a playing position. Also, the poles are verrrry tight and one actually broke off and had to be glued back, so just take note. Might wanna change the screws too if they get in the way when you’re pushing down on it.

#956 1 year ago

Hehe since you’re the one that brought it to my attention it would only be fitting I help you fit your out . So personally I didn’t do any of it, I have a friend who is very handy with this kind of stuff. But yes, he did replace the bulbs for a led strip. White would be too bright in your eyes in a playing position. Also, the poles are verrrry tight and one actually broke off and had to be glued back, so just take note. Might wanna change the screws too if they get in the way when you’re pushing down on it.

Now you know why I waited for someone else to mount it! lol Looks good though sitting there. I guess I'll clear my schedule when I go to tinker with it and mount it. Thanks for the tips!!

#957 1 year ago

Now you know why I waited for someone else to mount it! lol Looks good though sitting there. I guess I'll clear my schedule when I go to tinker with it and mount it. Thanks for the tips!!

Also quite tight in height when the glass gets put on. Might be why we had to replace the original screws on the sign so this could be pushed a little more down.

#958 1 year ago

Also quite tight in height when the glass gets put on. Might be why we had to replace the original screws on the sign so this could be pushed a little more down.

How are you attaching the Arch sign to the Electric Company sign?

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

How are you attaching the Arch sign to the Electric Company sign?

It kinnda fits. Then added some double sided tape to keep it in place

#960 1 year ago

This little plastic piece dried up and shattered. Can anyone tell me where I could find the part? Says “with rubber” but mine had an original stock plastic (I got the game nib back in the day, so no one has replaced this).

51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
#961 1 year ago

I'm having some issues with my electric company mini dmd and haven't read anyone bringing up my weird issue.

During gameplay, all the sayings scroll and read perfect, but when things like countdown numbers, dollar signs, or the arrow pointing up to the left ramp are glitchy. I've put in another new game rom to see if that was the issue, it wasn't.

In diagnostics test, on:
-Vertical line only scrolls right to left on the third rectangle on the right (left 2 rectangles are blank)
-Horizontal lines test correct
-All one the right third rectangle lights up, and the left third rectangle has one diagonal line is just barely on
-Reverse horizontal line works until the test line gets halfway down, then the left 2 rectangle glitch while the right third rectangle scrolls down correctly.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank you!

#962 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I'm having some issues with my electric company mini dmd and haven't read anyone bringing up my weird issue.
During gameplay, all the sayings scroll and read perfect, but when things like countdown numbers, dollar signs, or the arrow pointing up to the left ramp are glitchy. I've put in another new game rom to see if that was the issue, it wasn't.
In diagnostics test, on:
-Vertical line only scrolls right to left on the third rectangle on the right (left 2 rectangles are blank)
-All one the right third rectangle lights up, and the left third rectangle has one diagonal line is just barely on
-Reverse horizontal line works until the test line gets halfway down, then the left 2 rectangle glitch while the right third rectangle scrolls down correctly.
Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank you!</blockquote

In diagnostics test, on:
Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank you!

Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
#963 1 year ago
Quoted from dfensch:

[quoted image]

I did see that and tried that untangling and adjusting the wires as well, and that didn’t do anything.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I did see that and tried that untangling and adjusting the wires as well, and that didn’t do anything.

Could be an issue with the Aux Out port on the power supply board where the Mini DMD is driven from.

I can test your Mini DMD display board for you if you want to send it in.

I just finish reproducing the Mini DMDs and have my test bench setup for testing them.

#965 1 year ago

Hey Guys, i got busy over the weekend and put the last lot of the smaller community chest protectors together.
One of these sets is already spoken for so i have 3 sets to sell and most likely won't be doing any more after that (unless i get enough requests perhaps)
Price is $30 AUD for the set of 3 protectors which mostly covers the work involved in designing, prototyping and construction of the community chest protector + bracket. Shipping to the US is $25 AUD which is the best i can do unfortunately, no say in that one
PM for any extra details and sorry but i'm only selling these 3 sets as a complete set of 3, won't separate.

DSC05975 (resized).JPGDSC05975 (resized).JPGDSC05976 (resized).JPGDSC05976 (resized).JPGDSC05977 (resized).JPGDSC05977 (resized).JPGDSC05978 (resized).JPGDSC05978 (resized).JPG
#966 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey Guys, i got busy over the weekend and put the last lot of the smaller community chest protectors together.
One of these sets is already spoken for so i have 3 sets to sell and most likely won't be doing any more after that (unless i get enough requests perhaps)
Price is $30 AUD for the set of 3 protectors which mostly covers the work involved in designing, prototyping and construction of the community chest protector + bracket. Shipping to the US is $25 AUD which is the best i can do unfortunately, no say in that one
PM for any extra details and sorry but i'm only selling these 3 sets as a complete set of 3, won't separate. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Buy with confidence! These are pretty much a must! Save that ramp! Can't get them anymore. I recently added this set to mine and it mounted perfect!

2 weeks later
#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Finishing up my lastest Monopoly project, reproduced Electric Company mini DMD display board. Works great on the bench, now test fitting the plastic and the bracket before installing it back into the game...

Pictures of the repro mini DMD installed. They look and works great!

6E29459D-5A52-43A5-BEE5-9F8BE25A8622 (resized).jpeg6E29459D-5A52-43A5-BEE5-9F8BE25A8622 (resized).jpeg9F80E055-95E3-4ADD-BB99-4A14E6FD94A7 (resized).jpeg9F80E055-95E3-4ADD-BB99-4A14E6FD94A7 (resized).jpeg
#968 1 year ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Very nice! Great work!

1 week later
#969 1 year ago

Does the dmd need 12v on this game? I’m missing the 12v from my power supply. Not sure what’s going on. The PS doesn’t have a VR1 so not sure how the 20v becomes 12v.

Either I don’t need 12v or my ps is wrong?

I don’t get anything from the dmd when I power up. All the other voltage’s are correct.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#970 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Does the dmd need 12v on this game? I’m missing the 12v from my power supply. Not sure what’s going on. The PS doesn’t have a VR1 so not sure how the 20v becomes 12v.
Either I don’t need 12v or my ps is wrong?
I don’t get anything from the dmd when I power up. All the other voltage’s are correct.
[quoted image]

That top left is not populated on mine either but yet my independence day was populated there. Yet my Soprano's is not populated there. I think certain games they get the 12v somewhere else.

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Just finished up a Yellow version of the repro mini DMDs. I still have a few red ones left as well if anyone is interested.

2 months later
#972 1 year ago

FYI - I'm currently making a mod to help with speaker hum/buzz. I have a Simpsons Pinball Party, and the hum was bothering me. I ended up finding this pinside discussion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed) which describes how to make the mod and how they work. The first post on that page has a video showing the process. I have them on Simpson's and Ripley's and they help immensely. If you'd like a pair and don't have the time or tools to make them, I will ship a pair to your door for $22. If interested please direct message me as I'm not here often. Thank you

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

I still have a few red ones left as well if anyone is interested.

How much??? My original is still going strong but thinking about insurance...

3 weeks later
#974 1 year ago

Anyone had an issue where the ball hangs up as
It goes by the one way fate into the dice roll.
I’ve bent it a few ways and it still sneed to crash into quite a bit. Was thinking to add washers to raise it

1 week later
#975 12 months ago

My Mini DMD has been acting flaky for awhile, and today it went out... I have 5.28 vdc on the red power wire at the dmd to case ground, but to the black wire beside it, almost 0, black wire to ground reads 33 ohms. Does this mean I have a broken ground wire going from J16p11 to that mini dmd?

#976 12 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Does this mean I have a broken ground wire going from J16p11 to that mini dmd?

With the machine off, set your DMM to continuity test and check between those 2 points, no beep = break in the wire. Do the same for the power wire back to the connector.

4 weeks later
#977 11 months ago

That top left is not populated on mine either but yet my independence day was populated there. Yet my Soprano's is not populated there. I think certain games they get the 12v somewhere else.

The 5 and 12v comes from the I/O Power Driver Board. It runs up to the PSU board, and then down to the display. I'm assuming they did it that way so that they could keep the wire harness common between games that produce the 5 and 12V on the PSU board and games that don't.

2 weeks later
#978 10 months ago

I can't find it now, but I recall seeing a post about the top left plunger that stops the ball when you first launch not always working. I think I've discovered why. That plunger is activated by a switch on the right side. I have not dug into it yet to try and adjust the switch sensitivity, but I believe that is why it works some times and not others. Has anyone else noticed this and tried adjusting the switch?

#979 10 months ago
Quoted from mDarcShadow:

I can't find it now, but I recall seeing a post about the top left plunger that stops the ball when you first launch not always working. I think I've discovered why. That plunger is activated by a switch on the right side. I have not dug into it yet to try and adjust the switch sensitivity, but I believe that is why it works some times and not others. Has anyone else noticed this and tried adjusting the switch?

You are 100% correct!

1 week later
#980 10 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - I actually have one and took a look to see. The switch 38 (cop drop target) does register on my game but the manual says it has a orange and blue wire. Didn't see that on mine. Here is a pic of my switch on the drop target. I notice that during gameplay if I manually push the target up and I hit it with the ball, I don't think it's registering (it goes down and I don't see any sound or message on the DMD) - is that normal?
Can someone post their drop target switch? Thanks

ARRRRISSSEEE FROMMM YOURRRR GRAVVVVEEEE!!!!

I hereby Necrobump this.

I have the same issue going on with my drop target and just fixed it. The problem with YOUR drop target was that you mounted the plate completely 180 degrees backwards when you put it back on, so the switch is working backwards. If you take that plate loose and rotate it around, it will be correct. That's why the wiring was the same with someone else's, I thought that was what was wrong with mine too but after finding your picture and continuously messing with it, mine was correct and was closing correctly.

So what was my problem? One of the cop switches was stuck! Since it's stuck, the drop target never, ever, pops up, except in test or ball search. So if you have a drop that isn't resetting on Monopoly, check to make sure you didn't put the switch on backwards like above, or that you don't have a cop switch stuck in the center of the playfield (they're easily stuck closed)

-----

Also, if you have the problem where the ball won't eject out of the dice vertical up kicker, behind the electric company... bend the bracket that holds the coil so that the coil fires to the left more and it'll easily pop the ball out. Just grab the bracket and bend it a little bit.

#981 10 months ago

I want to touch up the black paint on the cabinet. Has anyone done this before and can you let me know if gloss, satin, semi gloss etc works best?

3 months later
#982 6 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i have enough to do 3 maybe 4 sets and that's it. The 2 larger plastics are pre cut and ready but i haven't made up any of the smaller protector i designed, just had too many projects to deal with lately (along with work, etc) The smaller protectors need to be bent and also the metal bracket needs bending and then both riveted together. I'll try and get the last 3-4 smaller protectors finished off soon and will then post in here. I've got a bad habit of starting too many projects and swamping myself

I'm interested in a complete set. PM sent.

#983 6 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm interested in a complete set. PM sent.

Replied
For the record i put together the last 3 brackets/smaller plastic for the community chest protector a while ago so have 3 complete sets ready to go. These are most definitely the last one's i'll do as my focus is now on shooter rod projects for various machines. On top of that, the guy who organised the plastics for me is no longer in business and unfortunately the file for the smaller protector size/shape has been lost

2 weeks later
#984 5 months ago

I have an issue where flipper vibration, or sometimes other vibration triggers the bank opto. Is this just an alignment issue?

1 week later
#985 5 months ago

Got the Monopoly light box 'topper' and a Pin2dmd for christmas. Got them installed and really like the results.

20240105_171745 (resized).jpg20240105_171745 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#986 4 months ago

Anyone have the fluorescent yellow lane guide plastic protectors I can buy from them? I know lots of places have the set with the slingshots, but I just need the lane guides. Let me know, thanks!

Essentially covering up for the left lane guide plastic that is chipped. If you have just the left lane guide actual plastic in good shape I’d buy that.

#987 4 months ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Anyone have the fluorescent yellow lane guide plastic protectors I can buy from them? (Alternatively just the left lane guide) I know lots of places have the set with the slingshots, but I just need the lane guides. Let me know, thanks!

2 months later
#988 52 days ago

I run into the issue after a bunch of games the bank door optos trigger from heavy vibration. When it happens I go in and try to re position the playfield board position, and check the under pf board. It works for a while, but then creeps back. Has anyone had this and if so do you have a more permanent fix?

BTw I put the pin2dmd in and it is very nice upgrade imo

1 month later
#989 16 days ago

As I was playing a few games tonight I noticed you could barely see the Monopoly man on top of the bank. (eBay Hallmark holiday figure) so I added a spot light with a 4 led purple led on him.. much better It also wound up adding some light to the bank door and cop target! 3 birds with one stone. Own it all!

53760950056_deb8ae0c95_k (resized).jpg53760950056_deb8ae0c95_k (resized).jpg53761153943_9d606fbda0_k (resized).jpg53761153943_9d606fbda0_k (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,046 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mason, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 989 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.