Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

I am currently running display version a2.06 and CPU version 2.5. I would like go ahead and upgrade to to CPU 3.03 BUT it says THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER. Sorry if this is a NOOB question but I can't figure out how to update/upgrade the Display version.

I am currently running display version a2.06 and CPU version 2.5. I would like go ahead and upgrade to to CPU 3.03 BUT it says THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER. Sorry if this is a NOOB question but I can't figure out how to update/upgrade the Display version. Any advice?

On the back of the display You will find the display rom. Drop down the speaker panel, easy to do.The roms have to go together. Go to Matt’s basement arcade. He will guide you on what to get. He makes them, usually around $20 a set He is on Pinside or,internet site.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

On the back of the display You will find the display rom. Drop down the speaker panel, easy to do.The roms have to go together. Go to Matt’s basement arcade. He will guide you on what to get. He makes them, usually around $20 a set He is on Pinside or,internet site.

Go to Pinside market splash, monopoly, you will see Matt’s basement.

#853 2 years ago

Thanks @hippy!

#854 2 years ago

Well Matt's Basement is temporarily and possibly permanently out of business. Any other ideas where to get updated software for Monopoly?

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

Well Matt's Basement is temporarily and possibly permanently out of business. Any other ideas where to get updated software for Monopoly?

Sorry to hear about that. I have also gotten them from Canada. Go to EBay, monopoly pinball, rom. Don’t know why the heading says used, he makes them, new.

#856 2 years ago

Hi i am pinballrom.com . you can buy any pinball rom there or contact me directly. I have been doing roms for 25 years.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Hi i am pinballrom.com . you can buy any pinball rom there or contact me directly. I have been doing roms for 25 years.

Very good to know. I will pass it on. Thanks.

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

What happened w Matt’s basement?

1 month later
#859 2 years ago

on the left ramp where the "Free parking" sign is attached, the plastic is broken away on both sides
any suggestions on how I can fix this up?

monopoly left ramp (resized).jpgmonopoly left ramp (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#860 1 year ago

Anyone in here bought decals for their cabinet and decide not to use them? I may be looking.

My cabinet is pretty much perfect except for the left side. It belonged to a childrens hospital previously and was wiped down daily with a disinfectant cleaner and it started to take the graphics off.

received_801803157435605 (resized).jpegreceived_801803157435605 (resized).jpeg
#861 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone in here bought decals for their cabinet and decide not to use them? I may be looking.
My cabinet is pretty much perfect except for the left side. It belonged to a childrens hospital previously and was wiped down daily with a disinfectant cleaner and it

My cabinet is pretty much perfect except for the left side. It belonged to a childrens hospital previously and was wiped down daily with a disinfectant cleaner and it started to take the graphics off.
[quoted image]

Retrorefurbs. Com UK. Good people.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Looks like that machine had a hard life before you took it in... Definitely a candidate for new decals.

2 weeks later
#863 1 year ago

Recommendations for LED kits? I've checked out quite a few.

I'm leaning towards pinballbulb.com because of the extras like led strip lighting for behind backbox and spotlights. Also considering cointaker.com. anyone have any experience or pics with either?

#864 1 year ago

For all my Sterns I use just warm white for all bulbs and these for along the top of the backboard
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/4x1-tower

#865 1 year ago

I can’t recommend a kit. Just get comet 2smd white (warn, sunlight or natural). That will cover you for all the bulbs. And whichever flashers you like. And you can add on matrix lighting for anything else you want to do (I.e an apron/trough light).

Also get an Led OCD if you don’t already..

Quoted from Keeter:

Recommendations for LED kits? I've checked out quite a few.
I'm leaning towards pinballbulb.com because of the extras like led strip lighting for behind backbox and spotlights. Also considering cointaker.com. anyone have any experience or pics with either?

1 week later
#866 1 year ago

After searching through the forums, I figured this is a more game specific question. I am planning to upgrade to LEDs. I would love to hear what strategies you used and pics if you wouldn't mind. Looking specifically at coloring matching vs ease of just ordering bulk of same bulbs and types of leds used in GI, inserts and pop bumpers. Thanks as always!

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from Keeter:

After searching through the forums, I figured this is a more game specific question. I am planning to upgrade to LEDs. I would love to hear what strategies you used and pics if you wouldn't mind. Looking specifically at coloring matching vs ease of just ordering bulk of same bulbs and types of leds used in GI, inserts and pop bumpers. Thanks as always!

The best way on inserts is to raise the playfield, game on, go to single light test, start at the first, flipper button moves to next or previous light. Pen and paper, write down the color lens, type of light. (555 or 44). This makes the color pop. Comet is the cheapest and best led. Flashers test is the same, choose your color, all on this game are 89. GI , frosted 44 are easier on your eyes. White lights it up. The backboard has 10, 44 lights, red or blue are good choices, white will be too bright, hard on the eyes. The third flipper can get blue, blue plastic. Green plastic can get green, gives you more color. Look on this thread at gallery pictures for ideas. You will see mine, I changed the backboard to blue, not as striking. On Comet,go to Pops, go with theirs, really lights them up, stay with matching colors.You are creating a beauty,less power, less heat, lasts a long time. I will post a picture, soon.

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

The best way on inserts is to raise the playfield, game on, go to single light test, start at the first, flipper button moves to next or previous light. Pen and paper, write down the color lens, type of light. (555 or 44). This makes the color pop. Comet is the cheapest and best led. Flashers test is the same, choose your color, all on this game are 89. GI , frosted 44 are easier on your eyes. White lights it up. The backboard has 10, 44 lights, red or blue are good choices, white will be too bright, hard on the eyes. The third flipper can get blue, blue plastic. Green plastic can get green, gives you more color. Look on this thread at gallery pictures for ideas. You will see mine, I changed the backboard to blue, not as striking. On Comet,go to Pops, go with theirs, really lights them up, stay with matching colors.You are creating a beauty,less power, less heat, lasts a long time. I will post a picture, soon.

In case you are nervous about doing the lights, game on, leaving the coin door open, disables the high power.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from Keeter:

I’m not a fan of color matching
Take a look at the clown puke club here on Pinside. It’s worse in person. Sorry

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

In case you are nervous about doing the lights, game on, leaving the coin door open, disables the high power.

Quoted from DK:

I’m not a fan of color matching
Take a look at the clown puke club here on Pinside. It’s worse in person. Sorry

This is why you can’t help someone easily Opinions are exactly that. Just trying to give a newbie some guidance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#871 1 year ago
85F2BA0A-3D51-490F-9252-80993928EF73 (resized).jpeg85F2BA0A-3D51-490F-9252-80993928EF73 (resized).jpeg
#872 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I also don’t like to use any color other than white, especially for the GI. For inserts, you can, but I’d recommend you also jus use white. The reason is that different colors of LEDs have different intensities; with yellow and orange seeming the least intense. Maybe most people wouldn’t notice or care, but I like the bulbs behind the inserts to be the same intensity unless it is special (large) insert.

Just my two cents..

#873 1 year ago

Here's mine, I prefer to use all white. Just for the simplicity of ordering. I believe these are 2smd frosted sunlight from comet.

Screenshot_20220606-034450_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220606-034450_Gallery (resized).jpg
#874 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Here's mine, I prefer to use all white. Just for the simplicity of ordering. I believe these are 2smd frosted sunlight from comet.
[quoted image]

Any issues with ghosting?

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from Keeter:

Any issues with ghosting?

No. In fact. I installed an LEDOCD board and I prefer the way the inserts are without it so I removed it.

#876 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue with the backbox light not coming on? Replaced the Ballast, the starter twice, another ccfl bulb and 2 led bulbs. Still nothing.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Has anyone had an issue with the backbox light not coming on? Replaced the Ballast, the starter twice, another ccfl bulb and 2 led bulbs. Still nothing.

Don't the LED style builds need the ballast bypassed? I'm not entirely sure, but in my home Ive installed LED tubes in florescent fixtures and had to bypass the ballast for that.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Don't the LED style builds need the ballast bypassed? I'm not entirely sure, but in my home Ive installed LED tubes in florescent fixtures and had to bypass the ballast for that.

Don't know about this machine (most likely the same though) but certainly when i replaced the standard tube in RFM with a LED style replacement the ballast becomes redundant yup.

1 week later
#879 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Recently had this happen to me where I almost bought a new bulb before I realized that the last time I propped the playfield it discounted the clips for the wiring going up to the backbox. Just something to double check.

#880 1 year ago

I recently joined the club and love the machine, but the music is quite garbled/crackly/distorted. When I run the sound/speaker test for Music ROM U7, it is very noticeable on each of the speakers, especially at lower volumes. The callouts don't seem to be impacted much if at all.

I believe that service bulletin #133 was complete based on R106 and R110 as shown in the image below from my board.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb133.pdf

Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks!

MonopolySoundResistors (resized).jpgMonopolySoundResistors (resized).jpg

1 week later
#881 1 year ago

Just picked up monopoly and the display on the electric company isn’t working. Where should I look first?

3 weeks later
#882 1 year ago

hadn't seen too many Monopoly spotlights, I put two in yesterday to try and brighten the board and area in front of the ramps. As well as a trough LED strip. I would've liked to use a left slingshot spot instead but was afraid of balls coming off the railroad. Definitely brightened up the middle of the playfield!

PXL_20220731_035639286 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_035639286 (resized).jpg
#883 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Just picked up monopoly and the display on the electric company isn’t working. Where should I look first?

Mine gave me fits for a awhile. Turned out to be cold/cracked solder joints on the pins. Also I have heard of issues with the cable itself.

#884 1 year ago

Just picked up a Monopoly. I just noticed it’ll let you enter high scores, but in the attract mode it only shows the top 3 high scores. Anyone know if there is a setting I’m missing to get all the high scores to display in the attract mode?

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from 22troy:

Just picked up a Monopoly. I just noticed it’ll let you enter high scores, but in the attract mode it only shows the top 3 high scores. Anyone know if there is a setting I’m missing to get all the high scores to display in the attract mode?

mine shows top 3 most of the time. But will show the rest of the leaderboard as well, just not very often. Feels like its like 80%/20% most of the time.

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from 22troy:

Every 5th time through all attract mode scenes / screens it will show the 10 top ten scores and a few other select screens.

1 week later
#887 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

hadn't seen too many Monopoly spotlights, I put two in yesterday to try and brighten the board and area in front of the ramps. As well as a trough LED strip. I would've liked to use a left slingshot spot instead but was afraid of balls coming off the railroad. Definitely brightened up the middle of the playfield!
[quoted image]

If you decide to add more, try adding one here inside the drain area. I was very happy with the result since it lit up the playfield around uncle pennybags
ledpinball (resized).pngledpinball (resized).png

1 week later
#888 1 year ago

My Monopoly has very early ROMs (CPU 203 & DSP 203). I have the latest versions from Stern Support (CPU 303 & DSP 301). The DSP 301 checksum is correct and works in the machine, but the CPU 301 checksum is wrong and doesn't work. The CPU ROM checksum should be $5EFF but I keep getting 06D35EFF. I'm using verified blank AM27C040 ROMs.

Anyone here have ideas?

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

My Monopoly has very early ROMs (CPU 203 & DSP 203). I have the latest versions from Stern Support (CPU 303 & DSP 301). The DSP 301 checksum is correct and works in the machine, but the CPU 301 checksum is wrong and doesn't work. The CPU ROM checksum should be $5EFF but I keep getting 06D35EFF. I'm using verified blank AM27C040 ROMs.
Anyone here have ideas?

The CPU ROM is on a 1 meg (27C010) not a 4 meg chip.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from RellikJM:

The CPU ROM is on a 1 meg (27C010) not a 4 meg chip.

Thanks. That's not what the manual says, at least the one in IMDB. I'll try a 27C010 if I have one. I'd use the one out of the game but I like to keep those until I have a new one in that works.

#891 1 year ago

Unfortunately Stern didn’t update the schematics at the back of the manual with the correct size when they printed the manual. If you look in the DR. pages in the front of the manual Dr. page 3 shows the correct sizes for the ROMs in the game.

3 weeks later
#892 1 year ago

I ordered DMDSkins™ Speaker Panel Overlays from Retro Refurbs for WOC, POTC, & Monopoly. These vinyl overlays are nice art additions to what should have been included when the games were manufactured. I suggested this type of product to the US game blade manufacturers several years ago, but they did not respond.

Monopoly DMD03 (resized).jpgMonopoly DMD03 (resized).jpg
#893 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I ordered DMDSkins™ Speaker Panel Overlays from Retro Refurbs for WOC, POTC, & Monopoly.

Looks good -- I might invest in one myself... got one from a different source for my CCr because the plain black panel was kind of blah looking. Thanks for posting!

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I ordered DMDSkins™ Speaker Panel Overlays from Retro Refurbs for WOC, POTC, & Monopoly. These vinyl overlays are nice art additions to what should have been included when the games were manufactured. I suggested this type of product to the US game blade manufacturers several years ago, but they did not respond.
[quoted image]

I really like the look and may add one to my game. Also need to know where you got your topper, as it looks really nice as well.

I picked up my HUO Monopoly a few months back and it is a really fun game that I feel is under rated. I plan to add a color dmd now that I am sure I am keeping it.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I picked up my HUO Monopoly a few months back and it is a really fun game that I feel is under rated

My feelings as well. I have a sample game and it has been HUO since very early in its life cycle (so it basically looks brand new) and really enjoy the game. I don't think it gets its due despite being a Lawlor designed game with good shot flow and theme integration. Oh well... let others miss out.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Also need to know where you got your topper

I made the topper in 2016 out of Monopoly Token Banks. I think they are out of production. If you check, over time they may show up individually on EBay.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I made the topper in 2016 out of Monopoly Token Banks. I think they are out of production. If you check, over time they may show up individually on EBay.

Yup - They are sold out everywhere. Thanks for the information and I will just keep my eye out for any that pop up for sale.

#898 1 year ago

Cash Grab! I'm back. Traded my Monopoly years ago for a creature and just picked up a sweet home use only example. This one hasn't even been shopped yet with original white rubber posts still on it in decent shape. I don't think this one was played much at all. At least they kept up on the batteries! Who sells the plastic pieces to protect the ramp entrances? Was 2 pieces of clear lexan to keep from air balls and breaking the ramps. I think it was a warranty thing after the pin was released. I remember someone was custom making them I think just can't remember who and where! Pics soon I'm busy buying mods.

#899 1 year ago

I'm looking to join the club. I'm in Canada but willing to travel to the USA in the upper north east states. PM me if your selling. Thanks everyone.

#900 1 year ago

Well i'm officially out of the club, sold my machine to a happy owner last week and it's gone to a good home (his kids LOVE it!! )
Kinda sad to see it go cause i really have enjoyed playing it BUT i'm keen on another NIB so a couple of the older one's had to go.

Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I remember someone was custom making them I think just can't remember who and where! Pics soon I'm busy buying mods.

Not sure if you meant me but i had a bunch of the two larger ramp protectors made and do still have 5 sets. These were made from the files that were online (can't recall where i found the file) I did discover that the 3rd smaller protector that goes behind the community chest sign was absolutely bloody useless for what it was supposed to do so i did create my own design. The new one works a treat and never had any balls stuck in that area since. I haven't got around to making the spare 5 smaller protectors as i just haven't had the time lately. I need to make some brackets, bend the plastic and then rivet them together. Will list them on Fleabay again once i get them sorted but you can always message me if you're interested. Attached pics show the original design for the 3rd smaller protector (Pic 1) and my design (Pic 2 & 3)

Monopoly Protector Original (resized).jpgMonopoly Protector Original (resized).jpgMonopoly Protector Remake1 (resized).jpgMonopoly Protector Remake1 (resized).jpgMonopoly Protector Remake2 (resized).jpgMonopoly Protector Remake2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.