Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi! I am almost finished colorization for pin2dmd and looking for tester with pin2dmd display and monopoly machine. Required fast access to machine, pin2dmd display, able to make dump files and fast communication, who able to help will get free copy of pin2dmd colorization for your.[quoted image][quoted image]

i did similar. But i wrapped it with electrical tape to build up the surface height to increase the friction between the wheels.

3 weeks later
#802 2 years ago

Joining the club again! Should have never sold this game for TWD. Family loved this one much more.

The game I am buying has a broken/halfway repaired right ramp. If anyone sees a lead on a NOS please send me the info.

Thanks!

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

The game I am buying has a broken/halfway repaired right ramp. If anyone sees a lead on a NOS please send me the info.

Marco's still have NOS right ramps..despite the picture seemingly of a ghost ramp
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7220-00

#804 2 years ago

Has anyone found jumbo size dice to make a shooter rod?

Looking for 32mm or 1.25” dice. Tough to find white with black pips.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Has anyone found jumbo size dice to make a shooter rod?
Looking for 32mm or 1.25” dice. Tough to find white with black pips.

I got mine from AliExpress. I drilled it and made my own shooter rod

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I got mine from AliExpress. I drilled it and made my own shooter rod

The only dice I see on AliExpress are 25mm /1 inch. That is kinda small.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Marco's still have NOS right ramps..despite the picture seemingly of a ghost ramp
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9513a0da3acb406e98f73c411d3f00c0a19dd93c-1634083192-1800"};
//]]>

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7220-00

I didn't even try to check Marco's. Every time I've ever needed a ramp from them they showed no stock. (Part listed for reference)

Thanks!!

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I didn't even try to check Marco's. Every time I've ever needed a ramp from them they showed no stock. (Part listed for reference)
Thanks!!

You can call them, also. If they know someone wants something, a lot of times they can order it. Have the part number ready.
I just bought a huo,
needs a lot of updating, love it.

1 week later
#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The only dice I see on AliExpress are 25mm /1 inch. That is kinda small.

Was in a one off Dollar Store and found some jumbo white resin dice. 1.25” and 1.5”. Tried them both for shooter rods. I think I like the 1.25”.
Tough to see the scale in the pictures between the two sizes.

C9CCBDC0-210B-4769-9BC5-D08A5BA83D6F (resized).jpegC9CCBDC0-210B-4769-9BC5-D08A5BA83D6F (resized).jpegCA185C72-A3B6-4AEC-B55A-80EB55DA3746 (resized).jpegCA185C72-A3B6-4AEC-B55A-80EB55DA3746 (resized).jpeg
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Was in a one off Dollar Store and found some jumbo white resin dice. 1.25” and 1.5”. Tried them both for shooter rods. I think I like the 1.25”.
Tough to see the scale in the pictures between the two sizes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you attach them? Looks good.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

How did you attach them? Looks good.

Drilled a 3/8” hole right in the 1 pip. Put a sparing amount of 5 min epoxy in the hole. Hammered the knurled end of the shooter rod into the hole. 10 minutes and done.

#812 2 years ago

Less than $1 mod. Some dollar store stickers and a shot of white spray paint. Dice for speakers.

66678C43-8837-415C-B1BD-75E1EDD5FC02 (resized).jpeg66678C43-8837-415C-B1BD-75E1EDD5FC02 (resized).jpeg
#813 2 years ago

Joined the club! I was not expecting to like this game this much! what a neat gem I've passed up for too long!

2 weeks later
#814 2 years ago

Anyone know off hand how much trouble it is to remove the head on Monopoly?

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone know off hand how much trouble it is to remove the head on Monopoly?

Removing the head should be not too bad. Its unplugging all the connectors that would be the PITA

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Removing the head should be not too bad. Its unplugging all the connectors that would be the PITA

It was a bit of a PITA. But I was able to successfully remove the head and get it down my stairs then get it all back together.

It plays pretty nice but definitely needs LEDs in the inserts. I'd like to put green LEDs behind the dollar signs in the speakers as well. If anyone has any recommendations for speaker lighting mods on whitestar games, Id appreciate the input.

Thanks!!
20211116_124302 (resized).jpg20211116_124302 (resized).jpg

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

It was a bit of a PITA. But I was able to successfully remove the head and get it down my stairs then get it all back together.
It plays pretty nice but definitely needs LEDs in the inserts. I'd like to put green LEDs behind the dollar signs in the speakers as well. If anyone has any recommendations for speaker lighting mods on whitestar games, Id appreciate the input.
Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Try speakers light kits.com Got mine from them, be sure to get a splitter, easy to do.

1 week later
#818 2 years ago

Borrowing an idea from the other members in the club. Added some dice to the top of the long inlane studs.

Adding tokens or in my case dice, cuts down on any balls inadvertently bouncing over the guide and draining. Nothing worse than a drain that was totally out of your control and not suppose to happen.

944CC30F-CA8C-410F-B52B-23BCB47D2ACE (resized).jpeg944CC30F-CA8C-410F-B52B-23BCB47D2ACE (resized).jpeg
#819 2 years ago

pin2dmd colorization for monopoly is finished. Who interested in real pin files, contact me.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Borrowing an idea from the other members in the club. Added some dice to the top of the long inlane studs.
Adding tokens or in my case dice, cuts down on any balls inadvertently bouncing over the guide and draining. Nothing worse than a drain that was totally out of your control and not suppose to happen.
[quoted image]

I really like your idea with the dice. Looks good and will also save balls. How did you go about it? Thanks.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I really like your idea with the dice. Looks good and will also save balls. How did you go about it? Thanks.

Took an brand new 1/8” drill bill and just drilled on the corner of the die. The dice I bought at the buck store almost had a small flat spot of each corner. I couldn’t clamp it in the vice very well so I just held them and drilled. The hole drilled was just right to self tap right on top of the stud.

The drill size was an experiment and it just worked out fine. I would have looked up the proper drill/tap chart but I was lazy.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

pin2dmd colorization for monopoly is finished. Who interested in real pin files, contact me.

Wishing I had a pin2dmd right about now. Looks fantastic! Great job to everyone who helped colorize this game!

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:Took an brand new 1/8” drill bill and just drilled on the corner of the die. The dice I bought at the buck store almost had a small flat spot of each corner. I couldn’t clamp it in the vice very well so I just held them and drilled. The hole drilled was just right to self tap right on top of the stud.
The drill size was an experiment and it just worked out fine. I would have looked up the proper drill/tap chart but I was lazy.

I will follow your lead and do the same. Looks good, and will save some air-balls. They fly over the top sometimes. Very fast, still don’t know where it happens. Love the game. Thanks for the reply.

#824 2 years ago

I've got a question for the club.

After you hit the dice roll shot, does your ball kick out of the saucer and roll flush against the ball guide?

On mine, it comes out of the saucer hits the ball guide and kind of floats down close to the guide but not against it. This makes the left ramp jackpot shot pretty difficult.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Took an brand new 1/8” drill bill and just drilled on the corner of the die. The dice I bought at the buck store almost had a small flat spot of each corner. I couldn’t clamp it in the vice very well so I just held them and drilled. The hole drilled was just right to self tap right on top of the stud.

I did the same procedure you did. Sure looks good, like it belongs there. I will bet they keep those fast balls from reading railroad ramp from bouncing over the guides. I changed all the clear posts to blue with yellow rubber. Very pleased, thanks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I did the same procedure you did. Sure looks good, like it belongs there. I will bet they keep those fast balls from reading railroad ramp from bouncing over the guides. I changed all the clear posts to blue with yellow rubber. Very pleased, thanks.[quoted image]

Looks great. Next step I recommend it to light up those blue posts. I just lit up the blue ones on my Popeye.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do with the ugly black covers on each ramp? They are the last eyesore to fix.

052D1529-BF4D-41D5-A9C0-9B3315744939 (resized).jpeg052D1529-BF4D-41D5-A9C0-9B3315744939 (resized).jpeg06879D3A-FF4B-40FD-9859-0532AE7F12C1 (resized).jpeg06879D3A-FF4B-40FD-9859-0532AE7F12C1 (resized).jpeg
#827 2 years ago

Anyone ever have any issue with feedback / humming of speakers while the game is in attract mode? While I am actively playing I have no speaker issues and all sounds seem to come through fine. Treble and Bass seem fine too. It's only during attract mode that there is a noticeable humming... haven't run the speaker test yet or really delved into the speaker connections. Thought I would see if anyone else has experienced. Thanks much for any info.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Anyone ever have any issue with feedback / humming of speakers while the game is in attract mode? While I am actively playing I have no speaker issues and all sounds seem to come through fine. Treble and Bass seem fine too. It's only during attract mode that there is a noticeable humming... haven't run the speaker test yet or really delved into the speaker connections. Thought I would see if anyone else has experienced. Thanks much for any info.

From what I have read, this is typically a grounding issue. Ive seen people tighten the screws on older games to resolve this. I have also seen people use nylon washers to insulate the board from the ground plane.

My Monopoly doesnt have this issue yet. But there's a couple ideas to try.

#829 2 years ago

Thanks... I'll give those a try and see if it resolves.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks... I'll give those a try and see if it resolves.

There is a service bulletin about the sound on monopoly. You need to check the values of the resistors.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb133.pdf

#831 2 years ago

Thanks!

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

There is a service bulletin about the sound on monopoly. You need to check the values of the resistors.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb133.pdf

This is correct. I had the humming on my Monopoly. When I changed the resistors per the service bulletin, it calmed down considerably.

Apparently, this only became an issue when people started putting machines in the home environment. Usually pins on location were in noisy places already, so who would have noticed?

#833 2 years ago

So my Monopoly hums like this as well.
Where have you guys sent your boards to get these resistors replaced?
Is this something Stern could/would do? They're 20 minutes away from me.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Not sure on that one, I do my own board work. But I would imagine Stern wouldnt mind replacing those two components for you. Its better than trying to do it yourself and messing up a good board.

If you take it to them, wouldn't hurt to ask about removing the batteries at the same time to preserve the board long term.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Not sure on that one, I do my own board work. But I would imagine Stern wouldnt mind replacing those two components for you. Its better than trying to do it yourself and messing up a good board.
If you take it to them, wouldn't hurt to ask about removing the batteries at the same time to preserve the board long term.

Yep, I would agree that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I did my own board work as well. Not too hard to do, but you have to know what you are doing. But when I get into something that I can't handle, I send it off to Chris Hibler (he's here on Pinside). He does great work; very professional and reasonably priced.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

You have to confirm that your board actually has the wrong resistor values. My monopoly has the correct values and it is a factory board, no work done to it.

No sense sending out a board for no reason.

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

You have to confirm that your board actually has the wrong resistor values.

Good point. Just checked mine and I also have the correct resistors.

My only issue is that the sound is still too loud. Even on the lowest setting. I was hoping maybe changing the resistors would help.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

You have to confirm that your board actually has the wrong resistor values. My monopoly has the correct values and it is a factory board, no work done to it.
No sense sending out a board for no reason.

Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Good point. Just checked mine and I also have the correct resistors.
My only issue is that the sound is still too loud. Even on the lowest setting. I was hoping maybe changing the resistors would help.

Yes, the resistors that are listed in the manual would be correct ones from the factory; subsequently, it has that loud hum during attract mode. If you go back and read the service bulletin, the fix was suggested when bringing the game into the home market:

Undesirable hum and some audible distortion
when the volume is set below Level 4 in the
Volume Menu (accessed by pressing the "Red" Button first of the Service Switch Set on the
Coin Door; Level Range is 0 - 31).

Due to the large number of games being sold in the "Home Market," it was brought to our attention that at very low volume
settings, there is an undesirable hum in the audio. To eliminate the hum (at very low volume), we are suggesting two (2) Resistor changes which will reduce the gain of the amplifier, however, will ensure the proper balance between the upper and lower channels are intact.
Note 1: This will reduce the overall loudness of the game; you will need to set the Volume Level higher to achieve the same level you had before.
Note 2: This update on the CPU/Sound Board (SPI Part Number: 520-5136-16) is backwards compatible, though you may have to TURN UP or DOWN the factory default volume setting depending on the game.

Have a qualified technician change R110 to a 33K  1/4 Watt Resistor and change R106 to a 10K  1/4 Watt Resistor

Hope this clarifies things.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Have a qualified technician change R110 to a 33K  1/4 Watt Resistor and change R106 to a 10K  1/4 Watt Resistor
Hope this clarifies things.

The resistors in my game are already the ones suggested in the service bulletin and my game sound is too loud. I cant raise it past 3 or else its blasting too loud to enjoy the game.

1 month later
#840 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a topper? Link to the LED action!

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#043yXB86inVbURxXzoC90QtSw

66424419982__C12A0693-4677-426A-AE11-3C4BAE88C350 (resized).JPG66424419982__C12A0693-4677-426A-AE11-3C4BAE88C350 (resized).JPG
#841 2 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Anyone looking for a topper? Link to the LED action!
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#043yXB86inVbURxXzoC90QtSw[quoted image]

Thats pretty cool. Did it come off one of the light chaser monopoly arcades?

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Thats pretty cool. Did it come off one of the light chaser monopoly arcades?

Yes, it did.

#843 2 years ago

Hey all, Just joined the club a couple weeks ago with my 1st pin ever. Quick question about the pop bumper lights. It seems during gameplay that they have a mind of their own and only certain ones to stay lit at certain times. I know all of the lights work because they all come on during attract mode. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it part of the rules set?

20220119_133028 (resized).jpg20220119_133028 (resized).jpg20220119_133033 (resized).jpg20220119_133033 (resized).jpg
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Looking for a couple of pictures. I just picked up a monopoly for the family. It is pretty hacked up but the price was right.
Can someone take a couple of pictures for me? Specifically from the right side looking left. You can see here I have a Frankenstein that I am looking at fixing . Yes that is a card board.
Thanks, be well.
If someone would not mind , lots of pictures would be awesome , I am sure I have other hacked parts.
[quoted image]

Not sure if this is helpful, but this is what is on mine.

Quoted from Keeter:

Hey all, Just joined the club a couple weeks ago with my 1st pin ever. Quick question about the pop bumper lights. It seems during gameplay that they have a mind of their own and only certain ones to stay lit at certain times. I know all of the lights work because they all come on during attract mode. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it part of the rules set?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ours does this as well and I can't seem to make any sense of it. LOL

Chris

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

It’s part of the rules. Each ball starts with one pop bumper lit. The orbits and saucers will advance the pops from off, to solid, to flashing. I’m not sure of the value of an unlit pop, but a flashing one is worth 5,000 points. They reset to off after a drain.

#846 2 years ago

Has anyone sucessfully swapped out the start button for a light up one? Ordered this but having trouble finding wiring diagrams for it. A few of the posts I found on pinside come up empty handed.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsballystern-red-start-button.html

#847 2 years ago

What is the best rom version for Monopoly? I’m reading that 3.2 has random crashes but is it often? Something that can be disabled in the menu?

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Keeter:

Has anyone sucessfully swapped out the start button for a light up one? Ordered this but having trouble finding wiring diagrams for it. A few of the posts I found on pinside come up empty handed.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsballystern-red-start-button.html

Added a yellow Williams start button. To light it up, just tied the wiring into the coin door coin lights. The start button is constantly lit up.

6A74C61A-764F-4A3C-96DF-E847E8AF91A0 (resized).jpeg6A74C61A-764F-4A3C-96DF-E847E8AF91A0 (resized).jpeg
#849 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What is the best rom version for Monopoly? I’m reading that 3.2 has random crashes but is it often? Something that can be disabled in the menu?

I have only noticed a bug during the Land Grab Wizard mode. Don’t know what triggers it. It will reset the display showing text like when you first start up the game. Also changes the game display from free play to credits. Never noticed any other bugs during game play.

1 month later
#850 2 years ago

I am currently running display version a2.06 and CPU version 2.5. I would like go ahead and upgrade to to CPU 3.03 BUT it says THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER. Sorry if this is a NOOB question but I can't figure out how to update/upgrade the Display version. Any advice?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.