Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

My machine has been pretty much error-free for a year now but we are all know the way things just happen. So if I start a game the mini flipper is running at the slow speed like it should then all of a sudden it will just pick up to the higher speed for whatever reason and stay that way throughout the course of the game. Does anybody know what the sequence is that you have to complete for the mini flipper to speed up? I'm thinking if I track down whatever it is that tells the flipper to go at the higher speed then that is the likely culprit. Stuck switch or intermittent one or a shorting wire is what I was thinking. I'm getting no error messages and everything checks out in switch edge test. Any insight would be appreciated.

I had this exact same problem when I owned this pin. I found that the problem is with the switch being out of alignment with the rotating wheel beneath the playfield. There are three plastic pieces attached to the wheel that have a protrusion on them that are supposed to throw the switch as the wheel rotates. There is a test for this in the Portals that you can check to see if this is working properly. If the switch is not thrown within a particular time period, the wheel will just start spinning at a really high rate of speed. In that case, you can adjust the switch to make sure it registers each time the bump hits it.

Hope this helps.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I had this exact same problem when I owned this pin. I found that the problem is with the switch being out of alignment with the rotating wheel beneath the playfield. There are three plastic pieces attached to the wheel that have a protrusion on them that are supposed to throw the switch as the wheel rotates. There is a test for this in the Portals that you can check to see if this is working properly. If the switch is not thrown within a particular time period, the wheel will just start spinning at a really high rate of speed. In that case, you can adjust the switch to make sure it registers each time the bump hits it.
Hope this helps.

Ok thanks will check this

#753 3 years ago

Decided to use the day off to bring the new game in the house. Even though now I have 7 in the space that comfortably fits 5 lol.

Already did a quick make shift repair on the waterworks flipper, adjust a few switches and got it working and the game seems to be playing decent. I’ll probably tear it down and clean it up after I get the WC94 done.

17B15424-5D8C-41EF-9F74-B684A15FA0B8 (resized).jpeg17B15424-5D8C-41EF-9F74-B684A15FA0B8 (resized).jpeg54533F63-0DD5-4254-8B6C-8201456D8716 (resized).jpeg54533F63-0DD5-4254-8B6C-8201456D8716 (resized).jpeg6226502A-8028-4F2F-B27A-3D4C5E180CD5 (resized).jpeg6226502A-8028-4F2F-B27A-3D4C5E180CD5 (resized).jpegEBA25D12-7B24-43F4-BD30-E98C8B3079F1 (resized).jpegEBA25D12-7B24-43F4-BD30-E98C8B3079F1 (resized).jpeg
#754 3 years ago

Just got mine

20201123_222939 (resized).jpg20201123_222939 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#755 3 years ago

Hello. Need some help here. My bank letters don’t register when the ball hits the bank door. I did a check of the bank opto in the service menu. Nothing registered. I see the top lights are lit but the bottom is not. Do I need a new opto board?

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from bobkasprzyk:

Hello. Need some help here. My bank letters don’t register when the ball hits the bank door. I did a check of the bank opto in the service menu. Nothing registered. I see the top lights are lit but the bottom is not. Do I need a new opto board?

Check connections first, reseat everything. Could be loose

#757 3 years ago

Thanks. Jiggled the wires and sure enough the top wiring was indeed loose. Will have to look closer at it tomorrow. But thanks for giving me the tip that led to a short term fix for me !!!

#758 3 years ago

Sure enough the top wire connection was loose and had some corrosion. Once cleaned and refastened it works again.

2 weeks later
#759 3 years ago

Anyone ever see this problem, with Monopoly or any other game....?

When I go to enter initials, once I select the 3rd initial the DMD blacks out. But once the timer gets to zero or I hit the start button again (assuming I didnt hit a flipper and move the cursor off "end") it comes back and shows the match and back to normal.

Now here is the catch....... if I set the game to 10 letters for the high scores..... it does not black out.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Anyone ever see this problem, with Monopoly or any other game....?
When I go to enter initials, once I select the 3rd initial the DMD blacks out. But once the timer gets to zero or I hit the start button again (assuming I didnt hit a flipper and move the cursor off "end") it comes back and shows the match and back to normal.
Now here is the catch....... if I set the game to 10 letters for the high scores..... it does not black out.

Well that's strange. Almost like it's missing the animation sequence after you enter your initials and before the match sequence. What ROM version do you have in the game? Maybe try different ROMS? It sounded like you got a high score in that video, so I am guessing the animation video is missing from te "High score #__ - Award 1 credit" part of the equation.

That's all I can think of or that though.

Chris

#761 3 years ago

Looking to join the club if anyone is selling. I have cash on hand.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looking to join the club if anyone is selling. I have cash on hand.

Where are you located?

#763 3 years ago

Ball stuck here during multiball, the game wouldn’t stop, I thought it glitched out. I was shaking it, it was doing balls searches, I finally tilted it thinking it was having a fit, it wouldn’t restart a game. So I reset pin and tried to start game and it says pinball missing. Well, shit I still
Couldn’t see it...... finally, ha!

597E1E27-FE69-4A58-99C0-4B90B5A8C6A9 (resized).jpeg597E1E27-FE69-4A58-99C0-4B90B5A8C6A9 (resized).jpeg
#764 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Ball stuck here during multiball, the game wouldn’t stop, I thought it glitched out. I was shaking it, it was doing balls searches, I finally tilted it thinking it was having a fit, it wouldn’t restart a game. So I reset pin and tried to start game and it says pinball missing. Well, shit I still
Couldn’t see it...... finally, ha!
[quoted image]

Whats it stuck on??

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Whats it stuck on??

Its touching the plastic and the top of the rail, kind of hovering, but it was stuck

#766 3 years ago

The bank cable is not inhibiting it in any way?

#767 3 years ago

Nope, perfectly sitting tight on top of rail and plastic, just a hit of wedged in

#768 3 years ago

Nope, perfectly sitting tight on top of rail and plastic, just a hit of wedged in

Thats odd. I just checked on mine and there is plenty of space between the plastic and the rail. Sounds like maybe your plastic isnt secured or installed right.

1 month later
#769 3 years ago

Just picked up a very nice HUO 2 owner Monopoly this past Sunday and I am enjoying it so far. Gonna head back to page 1 and get reading this thread from the beginning.

1118f37157af50cffd0db12f1bbbbafc22c11bb4 (resized).jpg1118f37157af50cffd0db12f1bbbbafc22c11bb4 (resized).jpg
#770 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I made some custom instruction/free play cards. Figured I'd post them incase anyone could use them. Cheers!
PS - Zoom in to get the full sized image.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. These are very well done. What # paper or card stock do you recommend using?

#771 3 years ago

Looking for a couple of pictures. I just picked up a monopoly for the family. It is pretty hacked up but the price was right.

Can someone take a couple of pictures for me? Specifically from the right side looking left. You can see here I have a Frankenstein that I am looking at fixing . Yes that is a card board.

Thanks, be well.

If someone would not mind , lots of pictures would be awesome , I am sure I have other hacked parts.

F1DA73AC-5602-4DE3-8B38-4CD4499EC1A0 (resized).jpegF1DA73AC-5602-4DE3-8B38-4CD4499EC1A0 (resized).jpeg
#772 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Looking for a couple of pictures. I just picked up a monopoly for the family. It is pretty hacked up but the price was right.
Can someone take a couple of pictures for me? Specifically from the right side looking left. You can see here I have a Frankenstein that I am looking at fixing . Yes that is a card board.
Thanks, be well.
If someone would not mind , lots of pictures would be awesome , I am sure I have other hacked parts.
[quoted image]

Common issue with that area/plastic. Mine has been "repaired" also, but nothing like yours...... Good luck with it.

1 month later
#773 3 years ago

I know it's probably not peculiar to Monopoly, but mine is starting random multiball on occasion.

Any advice or suggestions before I get underneath and clean the trough system?

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

I know it's probably not peculiar to Monopoly, but mine is starting random multiball on occasion.
Any advice or suggestions before I get underneath and clean the trough system?

Is it actually starting "multi ball"? Or just firing out another ball while one is already in play?

Mine does the latter when the game gets confused after a ball falls into the lock/jail when its not supposed to and fails to kick it out and I have to manually place it into the shooter lane to continue (did that make any sense?? LOL).

Also.... Why wasnt there a 1 way gate on that lock exit??? I get balls in there all the time from the lower pops. There is one between the upper pops and the roll the dice lane thats not even really needed.

#775 3 years ago

Not actually staring multiball.

Throwing an extra ball in (and auto-launching) but rule set remains as if 1 ball. However, ball doesn’t end when one is lost so it knows two (or more) are out there.

Sounds like you might have a rollover switch problem? If I get a ball through the gate to the left lane it recognises it and either shoots it out or claims a lock ball.

Quoted from Ceckitti:

Is it actually starting "multi ball"? Or just firing out another ball while one is already in play?
Mine does the latter when the game gets confused after a ball falls into the lock/jail when its not supposed to and fails to kick it out and I have to manually place it into the shooter lane to continue (did that make any sense?? LOL).
Also.... Why wasnt there a 1 way gate on that lock exit??? I get balls in there all the time from the lower pops. There is one between the upper pops and the roll the dice lane thats not even really needed.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Not actually staring multiball.
Throwing an extra ball in (and auto-launching) but rule set remains as if 1 ball. However, ball doesn’t end when one is lost so it knows two (or more) are out there.
Sounds like you might have a rollover switch problem? If I get a ball through the gate to the left lane it recognises it and either shoots it out or claims a lock ball.

Well, it usually will kick it out, but....if it falls right back in after hitting a pop bumper the game will give up after 3 try’s. Then I have to pull the glass and place in shooter lane.

2 weeks later
#777 3 years ago

First, a public service announcement -- check the wires running between your ramps and the hex posts on the slingshots. I had one pair worn through the insulation that blew fuse F7 and transistor Q29.

Next -- anyone ever have trouble with the ball getting stuck after falling down the A-B-C guides? I put on new Titan rubbers, wondering if the rubber size specified is too large.

The rubber map shows 3/16 ID rings at the top of the guides, and 5/16 ID rings at the bottom.

I just finished a playfield swap, Planetary Pinball has NOS playfields for $475

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

First, a public service announcement -- check the wires running between your ramps and the hex posts on the slingshots. I had one pair worn through the insulation that blew fuse F7 and transistor Q29.
Next -- anyone ever have trouble with the ball getting stuck after falling down the A-B-C guides? I put on new Titan rubbers, wondering if the rubber size specified is too large.
I just finished a playfield swap, Planetary Pinball has NOS playfields for $475

I put a few new rings on lately, now the ball get stuck in my left inlane. Guessing my slingshot rubber too thick.

Edit - amazingly enough my original playfield looks brand new still!!

#779 3 years ago

I put a few new rings on lately, now the ball get stuck in my left inlane. Guessing my slingshot rubber too thick.
Edit - amazingly enough my original playfield looks brand new still!!

My original playfield was in pretty good shape. I was surprised when I got a new one, how much colour fade there was on the original (that I never noticed until I had a new one to compare it to).

I may have one ring that is too big, I'll pull it off and double-check. It is hanging kind of loose on the post.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

-- anyone ever have trouble with the ball getting stuck after falling down the A-B-C guides? I put on new Titan rubbers, wondering if the rubber size specified is too large.
The rubber map shows 3/16 ID rings at the top of the guides, and 5/16 ID rings at the bottom.

I put Titans on mine and used the recommended sizes also. The ball def slows down when rolling through, but never gets stuck. Even manages to make it up the opposite way from bumper hits as well sometimes.

DSC_0969 (resized).JPGDSC_0969 (resized).JPG
#781 3 years ago

Measured the Titan 5/16" ID rubber exterior diameter -- 0.704".
Plain old white rubber 5/16" ID exterior diameter -- 0.680".

For now I have replaced one Titan with said white rubber...

#782 3 years ago

I have one flaky row (horizontal 5 dots on the middle block) on the Electric Company sign. It comes and goes, if I push on the back it seems to "fix" it so probably a bad solder joint. Is it possible to fix this by reflowing solder? Most of the components are surface mount. If so -- what I am looking at as the likely culprit?

1 month later
#783 2 years ago

I had the same issue with replacing the rubbers around ABC lanes. The ball got stuck. I think smaller rubber is needed.

-Rob

#784 2 years ago

Hi. Just joined the club. Pretty nice Monopoly in general. Last owner installed a money decal on the back board and side art. I did some lighting adds. Pop bumper rings, light strips in the outhole and across the rear. All star posts lit up. Scoop and hole lights.

There are 2 things that stand out like a sore thumb on this game. The 2 black diverter covers. They have to go.

If anyone have a 3D printer, maybe print a large green house as a replacement? I see files on thingaverse. Hotel would probably be too tall to fit under the glass.

Any other ideas? Car or Battleship tokens could also work?

383C149A-71ED-4D63-A457-A9F44C8C9003 (resized).jpeg383C149A-71ED-4D63-A457-A9F44C8C9003 (resized).jpeg3966AC29-A662-4F47-B264-9050F504F7C0 (resized).jpeg3966AC29-A662-4F47-B264-9050F504F7C0 (resized).jpeg7E1F68EC-360C-42D5-866A-ED7240DF26AB (resized).jpeg7E1F68EC-360C-42D5-866A-ED7240DF26AB (resized).jpegC017C2FF-DA1C-4A40-8B9D-5518FA19913B (resized).jpegC017C2FF-DA1C-4A40-8B9D-5518FA19913B (resized).jpegEE3B79EF-CB11-4BF7-BF87-F1C2AEB24031 (resized).jpegEE3B79EF-CB11-4BF7-BF87-F1C2AEB24031 (resized).jpeg
#785 2 years ago

I'm going to be tearing down a Monopoly and doing a playfield swap sometime in the future. Has anyone done Yellow skirts and covers for the upper pops and orange skirts and covers for the lower pops? If so I would like to see some pics.

thanks chris.

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm going to be tearing down a Monopoly and doing a playfield swap sometime in the future. Has anyone done Yellow skirts and covers for the upper pops and orange skirts and covers for the lower pops? If so I would like to see some pics.
thanks chris.

Hey Chris. I scoured the internet when I got my Monopoly and I didn’t see anyone changing their pop caps to another color. I like to experiment with different cap colors on games but I thought the Monopoly ones were nice with clear and red.

If you try some others please post some pics.

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:I'm going to be tearing down a Monopoly and doing a playfield swap sometime in the future. Has anyone done Yellow skirts and covers for the upper pops and orange skirts and covers for the lower pops? If so I would like to see some pics.
thanks chris.

I didn't do the skirts and caps, but I did mix it up with the rings and flipper rubbers.

DSC_0963 (resized).JPGDSC_0963 (resized).JPGDSC_0965 (resized).JPGDSC_0965 (resized).JPGDSC_0967 (resized).JPGDSC_0967 (resized).JPGDSC_0968 (resized).JPGDSC_0968 (resized).JPGDSC_0969 (resized).JPGDSC_0969 (resized).JPGDSC_0970 (resized).JPGDSC_0970 (resized).JPG
#788 2 years ago

When I was putting an order in for pop bodies, I ordered 3 orange transparent bodies and 3 clear and 3 yellow maybe. If I do some pop maintenance i'll swap them out for a brighter area

#789 2 years ago

HI all
the Waterworks spining flipper, the rubber underneath the playfield, does that have to be a rubber rubber or can it be a silicone rubber?

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

HI all
the Waterworks spining flipper, the rubber underneath the playfield, does that have to be a rubber rubber or can it be a silicone rubber?

Whatever you prefer man!! Oh, I think i mis-read that, i thought you were asking about flippper rubber, my bad

ALSO, a nice tip for you guys that may have an issue with your tiny flipper not pushing ball out of scoop. Give that scoop a waxing, that ball will pop out easily after

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

HI all

I couldnt find a rubber ring that was an exact fit for mine. Too big and the motor spun freely inside the ring. And too small/tight and the flipper wheel would not be able to reach/grab the ring.

I know its not the "correct" way to fix it..... but I took some black electrical tape and wrapped it around the motor gear to build it up some, and then added the rubber. It grabs good now and kicks the ball out every time.

Hopefully I can find the correct size someday and get it install the correct way.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I know its not the "correct" way to fix it..... but I took some black electrical tape and wrapped it around the motor gear to build it up some, and then added the rubber. It grabs good now and kicks the ball out every time.

Yep, I did the exact same thing when I owned a Monopoly. It worked great for the entire time I owned it (almost 6 years!).

1 month later
#793 2 years ago

Monopoly friends... My machine is doing great. But, noticed how STRONG the ball trough kickout is! I mean it seriously slams the pinball into the shooter lane for the plunge.

Is there anyway to lower that strength? (without lowering the strength of all solinoids?) Anybody swap out that solinoid? Thoughts?

-Rob

#794 2 years ago

Hey guys, I have an extra playfield the was pulled from a destroyed machine (building was in a fire and the roof collapsed on the cabinet). I have stripped all the part off it and plan on hanging it on the wall.

If anyone needs any parts from the playfield...most of them are still decent. Let me know what you are looking for, ill let you know if I have it and we can work something out.

I can already tell you that the ramps are worthless. They were snapped in half in the accident.

3 weeks later
#795 2 years ago

Hi! I am almost finished colorization for pin2dmd and looking for tester with pin2dmd display and monopoly machine. Required fast access to machine, pin2dmd display, able to make dump files and fast communication, who able to help will get free copy of pin2dmd colorization for your own machine, let me know interested.mon3 (resized).pngmon3 (resized).pngMon (resized).pngMon (resized).png

4 weeks later
#796 2 years ago

I've got a doozy of an issue going, curious if anyone has encountered it. My F21 fuse (coils) keeps blowing at the start of multiball. Its normally a 3A slo-blo fuse and I've had up to a 6A(risky I know) in there and it still blows. Testing it via diagnostics it works fine, even if I preload it with 2 balls in the lane, no issue, it's only when multiball starts in gameplay. I replaced the lock kickback coil, the transistor, everything tests fine in all aspects, just can't figure out why only multiball! I did change from some old roms to a newer rom, 3.03, also tried with coils set to soft pulse as well as standard, same issue.wondering if a new rom could even remotely be an issue, like the code is corrupt and fires too long a pulse or something only in that mode? Any help is appreciated!

#797 2 years ago

Well quick update, I disconnected the auto launcher coil and got to MB and no blown fuse! Time to work through potential auto launcher issues now, ugh

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Well quick update, I disconnected the auto launcher coil and got to MB and no blown fuse! Time to work through potential auto launcher issues now, ugh

Take a look at this service bulletin from Stern regarding the auto launcher. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb139.pdf

#799 2 years ago

Yup, that's sounds like it, ordered the new coil, thanks!

1 week later
#800 2 years ago

Apologies if this fix has been added by someone before but thought i should post it up. Ever since i bought my pin the ball would sometimes get stuck in the waterworks hole and usually had to alternately bang the flipper buttons to help the mini flipper push the ball out. I did try the suggestion of waxing the wood around the hole which does help to some degree but doesn't totally fix the problem. I'm presuming over time the edges around the hole just wear down somewhat and the ball sits in a little bit lower (did try lightly sanding around the edges before the last waxing) Anyway long story short, it had got to the point no amount of flipper slapping/cab vibrating would move the ball out so after a chat with my bro he suggested cutting a piece of bike tube to stretch around the wheel that's attached to the flipper...BINGO!!!!!
Even at slow flipper rotation it pushes that little silver sucker right outta there That extra grip of rubber on rubber (well in this case a silicone ring) works perfectly so one happy Monopoly camper again

DSC05484 (resized).JPGDSC05484 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/16?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.